Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Tech Talk > S Chassis

S Chassis Technical discussion related to the S Chassis such as the S12, S13, S14, and S15.

Old 02-13-2009, 08:05 PM   #1
240sxspeed
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (5)
240sxspeed is a splendid one to behold240sxspeed is a splendid one to behold240sxspeed is a splendid one to behold240sxspeed is a splendid one to behold240sxspeed is a splendid one to behold240sxspeed is a splendid one to behold240sxspeed is a splendid one to behold240sxspeed is a splendid one to behold240sxspeed is a splendid one to behold240sxspeed is a splendid one to behold240sxspeed is a splendid one to behold
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
z32 rear wheel bearings grrr.

I got my 5 lug on the car and noticed before i put my wheels on a little play in the rear bearings i took them back off and tapped a socket in the middle of the hub <36mm> axle socket . The play went away needless to say but i noticed when i spin the s13 hub bearing its super smooth ,now when i spin the 300zx bearing it kinda has a small not clicking but just not as smooth as the s13 ones . I aslo put the peak performance studs in so i know beating the studs out may have put a flat spot on one of the journals. If any of you experienced this problem,i guess my question is will this go away or chew up my bearing and hub those wheels bearing are a grip dont wanna waste no money if they are good to go for a while . they have no side to side play at all.Thanx for your help it is greatly appriciated . If you guys got any suggestions on where to get cheap wheel bearings im all for it.
Old 02-14-2009, 10:41 AM   #2
projectRDM
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (12)
projectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 12 reviews
Noise is a bad sign for bearings. Though some cases it's just grit around them, I wouldn't chance it. At the very least remove them and press the hub out and fully inspect the bearing for damage, abnormal wear, or debris.

Learn what's really going on and protect your assets now before they're gone forever: www.paypalsucks.com
projectRDM is offline   Reply With Quote