Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat

Chat General Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 04-27-2005, 11:22 AM   #1
loveless
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (0)
loveless is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Send a message via AIM to loveless Send a message via MSN to loveless
install z32 maf, 555 injectors, power fc then car can't drive in the cold

my s13 with sr20det swap was fine. About 2 weeks ago I installed z32 Maf (obdii version), nismo 555cc injectors, power fc (brand new).

I don't know too much the options available via commander. The only thing I chnaged is disabling the boost controller and set the injector duty to about 66.5% since 370/555=67%.

The car drives fine when it's warmed up for about 5 min. At this point, the water temp is about 75C and ignition timing about 15 degree and idles around 800rpm. I can boost and drive it fine.

However, here is the problem: 1) when the car is cold, it needs 2 cranks to start to car. The 1st crank doesn't really want to start and I don't want to turn the key too long or I am under the impression that the ignition coil (or ignitor chip?) might burn out. So on the 2nd crank it will surely crank and start. 2) If I drive the car immediate at a cold state. (For instance, trying to reverse) As soon as I step on the gas alittle the idle will drop below 800rpm to the point of stalling if I don't gas it some more.

Once the car is warmed up, however, the problem will go away. What do you guys think could be the problem?
loveless is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-27-2005, 11:46 AM   #2
Slidin240Wayz
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (9)
Slidin240Wayz is close to perfectionSlidin240Wayz is close to perfectionSlidin240Wayz is close to perfectionSlidin240Wayz is close to perfectionSlidin240Wayz is close to perfectionSlidin240Wayz is close to perfectionSlidin240Wayz is close to perfectionSlidin240Wayz is close to perfectionSlidin240Wayz is close to perfectionSlidin240Wayz is close to perfectionSlidin240Wayz is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 9 reviews
Could it have anything to do with the bigger injectors?
Slidin240Wayz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2005, 11:53 AM   #3
loveless
Zilvia Member

I am guessing it's something to do with the power fc setting since driving the car once the car is warmed up has no problem at all.
Old 04-27-2005, 04:40 PM   #4
khoadogg
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (11)
khoadogg is a glorious beacon of lightkhoadogg is a glorious beacon of lightkhoadogg is a glorious beacon of lightkhoadogg is a glorious beacon of lightkhoadogg is a glorious beacon of lightkhoadogg is a glorious beacon of lightkhoadogg is a glorious beacon of lightkhoadogg is a glorious beacon of lightkhoadogg is a glorious beacon of lightkhoadogg is a glorious beacon of lightkhoadogg is a glorious beacon of light
Feedback Score: 11 reviews
Send a message via AIM to khoadogg
have you fixed the problem yet?
Old 04-27-2005, 09:45 PM   #5
BobbyBoy
Zilvia Junkie

BobbyBoy is making a name for him/her selfBobbyBoy is making a name for him/her self
Send a message via AIM to BobbyBoy
I am sure there are still some fine tuning issues in the AF ratio to be worked out as well as timing issues and fuel maps set for certain operating temperatures, but by no means am I a tuning expert, so I would take it someone that is. Unfortunately there is no Location in your info, so there is nobody to recommend you to.

Regardless, I would not run any car that I care about without a proper warmup. If the car stalls and dies if you try to run it immediately at a cold state you should let it warm up further. My stock SR did this exact same thing during winter months, so I learned to give it an extra minute or two before driving away. Now with a higher capacity oil pan I wait even longer before driving away because there is more oil that needs to reach operation temp. With my daily driven carburated Ghia I wait almost 5 minutes on any cold start before I drive away, then again its carburated, and I increased the oil capacity from 2.5 quarts to 6 quarts.
Old 04-27-2005, 09:57 PM   #6
mct3351
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (4)
mct3351 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Try messing with the "Water Temp Correction" in the settings menu. The numbers on the left are obviously the temperature. The column in the center is for Fuel Correction Value (Low Load). The column on the right is the high load correction.
mct3351 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2005, 01:04 AM   #7
loveless
Zilvia Member

I always warm up my car before I Drive it, but usualy I move it from parking space next to the garage and load up stuff while it warm up.

I am in southern CA, I was thinking of letting XS do my car. However, most XS customer I talked to said they ended up spending 700 to 1000 from XS for tuning alone, some even had to leave their car for a day or 2.

I am currently looking at R&D tech in gardena. I was wondering what other tuner in so cal have power fc experience?
Old 04-28-2005, 10:34 AM   #8
loveless
Zilvia Member

yep I see the temp correction, though, I have no idea which direction to adjust this to.
Old 04-28-2005, 11:14 AM   #9
rrobe99999
Zilvia Member

rrobe99999 is an unknown quantity at this point
Did you setup the FC for the Z32 MAF?
rrobe99999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2005, 11:51 AM   #10
loveless
Zilvia Member

yes, the car idles funny when I didn';t change it over
Old 04-28-2005, 12:00 PM   #11
soarer240sr
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (2)
soarer240sr is making a name for him/her selfsoarer240sr is making a name for him/her selfsoarer240sr is making a name for him/her self
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Send a message via AIM to soarer240sr
i got my ECU remap'd for Z32 mafs and 550 injectors and it runs and idles fine
Old 04-28-2005, 01:14 PM   #12
KasperSlide
Zilvia Member

KasperSlide has made poor choicesKasperSlide has made poor choicesKasperSlide has made poor choicesKasperSlide has made poor choicesKasperSlide has made poor choicesKasperSlide has made poor choices
Im not to sure but does the fc have a cold start program you might need to tweek that a little bit. but like i said not to sure ( just started on the whole EFM adventure)
KasperSlide is offline   Reply With Quote