Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat

Chat General Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 04-26-2005, 09:49 AM   #1
hotrodv
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (0)
hotrodv is close to perfectionhotrodv is close to perfectionhotrodv is close to perfectionhotrodv is close to perfectionhotrodv is close to perfectionhotrodv is close to perfectionhotrodv is close to perfectionhotrodv is close to perfectionhotrodv is close to perfectionhotrodv is close to perfectionhotrodv is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Rear suspension setup..need opinion

I've thinked about buy for my S14 some parts for the rear suspension, like rear upper camber arms and rear toe arms, I've looked at the various kazamaa, cusco etc.. but damn it's expensive at hell!
So I've found those on ebay, anyone have used it before?? any suggestion? it's better save money for the original one or no??
Ebay
hotrodv is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-26-2005, 10:11 AM   #2
The Jabberwocky

The Jabberwocky is a well-known jackass
get Cusco, Kazama, Tanabe ones.....the difference between these and the ebay ones are quite a huge difference and ALOT thicker...especially for a part that stresses alot during aggressive driving... i cant tell if that ball joint has a zerk fitting for maintenance, but it also doesnt have a dust boot...so when it rains and dries up your rear end will creak like crazy
The Jabberwocky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2005, 10:55 AM   #3
DRFT180
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (7)
DRFT180 has much to be proud ofDRFT180 has much to be proud ofDRFT180 has much to be proud ofDRFT180 has much to be proud ofDRFT180 has much to be proud ofDRFT180 has much to be proud ofDRFT180 has much to be proud ofDRFT180 has much to be proud ofDRFT180 has much to be proud ofDRFT180 has much to be proud ofDRFT180 has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
I have the tanabe and they are very beefy.

Bradley
DRFT180 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2005, 11:30 AM   #4
AzNCmB
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (2)
AzNCmB has a reputation beyond reputeAzNCmB has a reputation beyond reputeAzNCmB has a reputation beyond reputeAzNCmB has a reputation beyond reputeAzNCmB has a reputation beyond reputeAzNCmB has a reputation beyond reputeAzNCmB has a reputation beyond reputeAzNCmB has a reputation beyond reputeAzNCmB has a reputation beyond reputeAzNCmB has a reputation beyond reputeAzNCmB has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Send a message via AIM to AzNCmB
i have the kazama and they are hella beefy!
AzNCmB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2005, 11:39 AM   #5
420sx
Post Whore!

420sx has a brilliant future420sx has a brilliant future420sx has a brilliant future420sx has a brilliant future420sx has a brilliant future420sx has a brilliant future420sx has a brilliant future420sx has a brilliant future420sx has a brilliant future420sx has a brilliant future420sx has a brilliant future
nams (Spl), kazama would be my preference. they are really thick. thicker than ebay shit and tein
Old 04-26-2005, 01:40 PM   #6
MakotoS13
BANNED

MakotoS13 is making his/her stupidity well-knownMakotoS13 is making his/her stupidity well-knownMakotoS13 is making his/her stupidity well-known
Send a message via AIM to MakotoS13
whatever you do dont get SPL and KTS stuff.... muey sucko... i should know... they suck so bad i wanna jack off to em.
MakotoS13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2005, 01:45 PM   #7
MakotoS13
BANNED

MakotoS13 is making his/her stupidity well-knownMakotoS13 is making his/her stupidity well-knownMakotoS13 is making his/her stupidity well-known
...profusely.
Old 04-26-2005, 02:43 PM   #8
Dousan_PG
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (23)
Dousan_PG is close to perfectionDousan_PG is close to perfectionDousan_PG is close to perfectionDousan_PG is close to perfectionDousan_PG is close to perfectionDousan_PG is close to perfectionDousan_PG is close to perfectionDousan_PG is close to perfectionDousan_PG is close to perfectionDousan_PG is close to perfectionDousan_PG is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 23 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by MakotoS13
whatever you do dont get SPL and KTS stuff.... muey sucko... i should know... they suck so bad i wanna jack off to em.

wow you know nothing
spl is same as nams basically
nams doesnt suck, neither does SPL
parts are high quality and well made

how would you know anyways/ You've never tracked or driven your car besides the supermarket, i think the cat drove your car more im sure.

ive tracked for nearly 2 years on SPL and NEVER had any problems whatsoever. very high quality. in fact i just picked up some more parts from them, well made, posting pics later, tie rod end links

keep dreaming about going to the track..your battery box is one step closer...
Dousan_PG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2005, 02:50 PM   #9
Johny5
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (9)
Johny5 is close to perfectionJohny5 is close to perfectionJohny5 is close to perfectionJohny5 is close to perfectionJohny5 is close to perfectionJohny5 is close to perfectionJohny5 is close to perfectionJohny5 is close to perfectionJohny5 is close to perfectionJohny5 is close to perfectionJohny5 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 9 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Johny5
haha, he's just kidding aaron, he won't stfu about how good of quality splparts stuff is. via request of the forums doug isn't whoring out pics of recently bought products, but he did just get his kts coils and spl ruca's in recently.
Old 04-26-2005, 02:53 PM   #10
Johny5
Post Whore!

Johny5 is close to perfectionJohny5 is close to perfectionJohny5 is close to perfectionJohny5 is close to perfectionJohny5 is close to perfectionJohny5 is close to perfectionJohny5 is close to perfectionJohny5 is close to perfectionJohny5 is close to perfectionJohny5 is close to perfectionJohny5 is close to perfection
oh btw just reread, did you say you redesigned their outter tie rods? i was already kinda impressed with them, longer shank means more bumpsteer reduction! fuckin, those things look like they own my kazamas up and down and in the face.
Old 04-26-2005, 03:46 PM   #11
MakotoS13
BANNED

man, imma whore that stuff tonight.

all up in this bitch.
Old 04-26-2005, 04:31 PM   #12
supportTHEezln
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (10)
supportTHEezln has much to be proud ofsupportTHEezln has much to be proud ofsupportTHEezln has much to be proud ofsupportTHEezln has much to be proud ofsupportTHEezln has much to be proud ofsupportTHEezln has much to be proud ofsupportTHEezln has much to be proud ofsupportTHEezln has much to be proud ofsupportTHEezln has much to be proud ofsupportTHEezln has much to be proud ofsupportTHEezln has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
Send a message via AIM to supportTHEezln
A lot of the stuff I buy is Battle Version. It's cheaper than the JDM stuff, but hey, some people just wish they were born in Japan, some don't. Oh shit, I just realized that guy is in Italy. I guess JDM companies would be just as easy as USDM haha!
supportTHEezln is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2005, 04:47 PM   #13
Dousan_PG
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (23)
Dousan_PG is close to perfectionDousan_PG is close to perfectionDousan_PG is close to perfectionDousan_PG is close to perfectionDousan_PG is close to perfectionDousan_PG is close to perfectionDousan_PG is close to perfectionDousan_PG is close to perfectionDousan_PG is close to perfectionDousan_PG is close to perfectionDousan_PG is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 23 reviews
ah ok my apologies.
i love my spl suspension
i dont have the coilovers because i wanted 10/8 kg and something that goes retarded low (tanabe dd)

i should get FLCAs and probably go nismo RLCA soon. then ALL the suspension has been replaced.

johnny, i got the ends last night
OMG
adjustment..Kazama CANT touch it. its ridicullous HOW MUCH you can adjust it. absolutately crazy. ill get the pics uploaded asap if i can. my computer at home took a dump, i might swing by my friends tonight and get it done there....
its nuts.
i have the z32 and the s14 ones to compare for you too, different...lindsay has the z32, i have the s14 ones. i cant wait to put on this weekend or thursday.
Dousan_PG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2005, 04:50 PM   #14
kandyflip445
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (1)
kandyflip445 is close to perfectionkandyflip445 is close to perfectionkandyflip445 is close to perfectionkandyflip445 is close to perfectionkandyflip445 is close to perfectionkandyflip445 is close to perfectionkandyflip445 is close to perfectionkandyflip445 is close to perfectionkandyflip445 is close to perfectionkandyflip445 is close to perfectionkandyflip445 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Send a message via AIM to kandyflip445
My alignment shop likes my SPL suspension parts. They said they were good looking quality.
Old 04-26-2005, 04:53 PM   #15
Johny5
Post Whore!

hurry and email me pics if you can [email protected] i might switch to them before i put my new steering rack in cus i gotta realign anyways
Old 04-26-2005, 09:33 PM   #16
MakotoS13
BANNED

man spl broke my car

look how ugly it is now

god
Old 04-26-2005, 10:28 PM   #17
kandyflip445
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (1)
kandyflip445 is close to perfectionkandyflip445 is close to perfectionkandyflip445 is close to perfectionkandyflip445 is close to perfectionkandyflip445 is close to perfectionkandyflip445 is close to perfectionkandyflip445 is close to perfectionkandyflip445 is close to perfectionkandyflip445 is close to perfectionkandyflip445 is close to perfectionkandyflip445 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Send a message via AIM to kandyflip445
I think your camera is broke not your car. Hey, now you're a "cool kid".

(People refer to the Premium Section for inside joke. Get your membership now. lol)
Old 04-26-2005, 10:38 PM   #18
infinitexsound
Post Whore!

infinitexsound has a reputation beyond reputeinfinitexsound has a reputation beyond reputeinfinitexsound has a reputation beyond reputeinfinitexsound has a reputation beyond reputeinfinitexsound has a reputation beyond reputeinfinitexsound has a reputation beyond reputeinfinitexsound has a reputation beyond reputeinfinitexsound has a reputation beyond reputeinfinitexsound has a reputation beyond reputeinfinitexsound has a reputation beyond reputeinfinitexsound has a reputation beyond repute
yep SPL id prefer them over the jdm companies just because theyre locally in the US so its easier to get replacements............ and like everyone said so far... SPL is GOOD quality ***** craftsmanship..
Old 04-27-2005, 02:39 AM   #19
hotrodv
Zilvia Junkie

hotrodv is close to perfectionhotrodv is close to perfectionhotrodv is close to perfectionhotrodv is close to perfectionhotrodv is close to perfectionhotrodv is close to perfectionhotrodv is close to perfectionhotrodv is close to perfectionhotrodv is close to perfectionhotrodv is close to perfectionhotrodv is close to perfection
Thanx guys, I'll save money for the jdm one..usa or jdm is the same for me..faraway....
hotrodv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2005, 04:41 AM   #20
The Jabberwocky

The Jabberwocky is a well-known jackass
i might consider selling my CUSCO Ruca's
PM me
The Jabberwocky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2005, 11:05 PM   #21
Maeda
Nissanaholic!

Maeda has a spectacular aura aboutMaeda has a spectacular aura aboutMaeda has a spectacular aura aboutMaeda has a spectacular aura aboutMaeda has a spectacular aura aboutMaeda has a spectacular aura aboutMaeda has a spectacular aura about
SPLparts.com tie rod end links. s14 on top, z32 below
enjoy and buy them!

all i had for size reference was aDEFI BF 60mm gauge...sorry ladies.