Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat

Chat General Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 04-28-2005, 12:29 PM   #1
khoadogg
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (11)
khoadogg is a glorious beacon of lightkhoadogg is a glorious beacon of lightkhoadogg is a glorious beacon of lightkhoadogg is a glorious beacon of lightkhoadogg is a glorious beacon of lightkhoadogg is a glorious beacon of lightkhoadogg is a glorious beacon of lightkhoadogg is a glorious beacon of lightkhoadogg is a glorious beacon of lightkhoadogg is a glorious beacon of lightkhoadogg is a glorious beacon of light
Feedback Score: 11 reviews
Send a message via AIM to khoadogg
Start up WOES

I just recently installed a FMIC, boost spiked to 1.1bars during the day, I have a fuel pump but injectors and fpr are stock. Could this be the cause of my injector being stuck open? I have slight start up problems before but now it just won't start. It'll crank but won't turn over. Rich gas smell and if it did start before, I'd have a lil backfire. What test should I run to pinpoint the prob?
Sponsored Links
Old 04-28-2005, 06:35 PM   #2
sideview_180sx
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (3)
sideview_180sx is a splendid one to beholdsideview_180sx is a splendid one to beholdsideview_180sx is a splendid one to beholdsideview_180sx is a splendid one to beholdsideview_180sx is a splendid one to beholdsideview_180sx is a splendid one to beholdsideview_180sx is a splendid one to beholdsideview_180sx is a splendid one to beholdsideview_180sx is a splendid one to beholdsideview_180sx is a splendid one to beholdsideview_180sx is a splendid one to behold
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Send a message via AIM to sideview_180sx Send a message via Yahoo to sideview_180sx
koah did you reset the ECU dood??? check the SR FAQ under tech to see if that might have a solution to your problems. dood that sucks. check MAF connection and sparkplugs again and coilpack connections.

formerly sideviewcivic
Save a Horse. Drift This Cowboy.
AirBag Club Member #0014
sideview_180sx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2005, 06:46 PM   #3
Raysurc
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (0)
Raysurc can only hope to improve
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Raysurc
...what's a fmic?
Raysurc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2005, 06:56 PM   #4
s14turbosilvia
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (0)
s14turbosilvia has a little shameless behavior in the past
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Send a message via AIM to s14turbosilvia
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raysurc
...what's a fmic?
What?

Check your plugs. If you've been running rich lately, you probably fouled them out. If so, they'll need cleaning.
Old 04-28-2005, 09:04 PM   #5
khoadogg
Nissanaholic!

khoadogg is a glorious beacon of lightkhoadogg is a glorious beacon of lightkhoadogg is a glorious beacon of lightkhoadogg is a glorious beacon of lightkhoadogg is a glorious beacon of lightkhoadogg is a glorious beacon of lightkhoadogg is a glorious beacon of lightkhoadogg is a glorious beacon of lightkhoadogg is a glorious beacon of lightkhoadogg is a glorious beacon of lightkhoadogg is a glorious beacon of light
From the front of the car, the 2nd cylinder had gasoline in it. All the plugs were fine and the other cambers were dry. I double checked the plug stuck open test and it was all dandy and fine. I changed the maf sensor and it fired right up with a lil backfire. Now it'll start on the first crank. I still wonder if it's the ignitor though. Hmm, any other suggestions?
Old 04-28-2005, 09:33 PM   #6
rancid240
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (72)
rancid240 will become famous soon enoughrancid240 will become famous soon enoughrancid240 will become famous soon enough
Feedback Score: 72 reviews
Check the ECT *engine coolant temp sensor*
rancid240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2005, 10:30 AM   #7
khoadogg
Nissanaholic!

where is that and wat do i check about it?
Old 04-29-2005, 02:26 PM   #8
rancid240
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (72)
rancid240 will become famous soon enoughrancid240 will become famous soon enoughrancid240 will become famous soon enough
Feedback Score: 72 reviews
there are a few threads on it. just follow the radiator hose to the intake manifold, then those two sensors behind the intake pipe are the two ECT. big one is for the ecu, small one is for the temp guage. Then you run a voltmeter to check for resistance between the two prongs on the big one, the specs are in the FSM.

I ended up checking mine, finding it was bad, pulling it, replacing it, then car ran fine (this is ka24e tho) Then I noticed that my old one was just really dirty. Cleaned it, threw it back on and the car is fine since, so you might just want to pull it and clean it.
rancid240 is offline   Reply With Quote