Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat

Chat General Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 04-28-2005, 04:36 PM   #1
rancid240
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (72)
rancid240 will become famous soon enoughrancid240 will become famous soon enoughrancid240 will become famous soon enough
Feedback Score: 72 reviews
Epsilons revisited...Fitment issues

Ok so I did some real measurements today instead of eyeballing it. THe wheels are 16x9 -5mm offset. I am giong to have to run a 15mm, maybe a 10mm spacer to clear the front z32 26mms, so make the fronts a 16x9 -20mm.

The rears I want to run reverse (5" lip), but I am going to have an offset of 9" -32mm. Eeep. All are going to run 205/55 so I will have a good stretch.

I dont really know what my question is, hehe. I know I will have to run 50mm overfenders, but I am concerned it will look like ass with a stock pignose front. Also where have people found their 50mms, and how did they like the quality/fitment? My second reason for posting is to make sure I do this and not pussy out.
rancid240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-28-2005, 04:39 PM   #2
drift into a curb
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (5)
drift into a curb has a reputation beyond reputedrift into a curb has a reputation beyond reputedrift into a curb has a reputation beyond reputedrift into a curb has a reputation beyond reputedrift into a curb has a reputation beyond reputedrift into a curb has a reputation beyond reputedrift into a curb has a reputation beyond reputedrift into a curb has a reputation beyond reputedrift into a curb has a reputation beyond reputedrift into a curb has a reputation beyond reputedrift into a curb has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Do it man! I want to see it. Those wheels are sweet.
Old 04-28-2005, 04:50 PM   #3
raen419
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (0)
raen419 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Send a message via AIM to raen419
who cares how it looks so long as it's functional?
dude, the offset sounds nice, the brake clearance sucks, but spacer will fix that.
i personally, would get pj bonafacio fenders from jspec. they're somewhere between 30 and 50mm.
and they fit fine and look nice (imo, of course).
raen419 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2005, 10:47 AM   #4
Chernobyl
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (6)
Chernobyl has a reputation beyond reputeChernobyl has a reputation beyond reputeChernobyl has a reputation beyond reputeChernobyl has a reputation beyond reputeChernobyl has a reputation beyond reputeChernobyl has a reputation beyond reputeChernobyl has a reputation beyond reputeChernobyl has a reputation beyond reputeChernobyl has a reputation beyond reputeChernobyl has a reputation beyond reputeChernobyl has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
raen, adding that much scrub radius is far from "functional

That's not to say it won't look awesome though
Chernobyl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2005, 12:10 PM   #5
Nostradamus
Zilvia Junkie

Nostradamus will become famous soon enoughNostradamus will become famous soon enoughNostradamus will become famous soon enoughNostradamus will become famous soon enoughNostradamus will become famous soon enough
Even if you put the 16x9's -20 on the rear with 50mm overfenders it will stick out a few mm's not to mention putting on the 16x9 -32. I think you're going to have to run smaller spacers unless you're going for the stick out look.

Using 20mm fronts and 50mm rears..."flush" would be something around 16x9 +15 and 16x9 -15.
Old 04-29-2005, 12:42 PM   #6
young gun

young gun can only hope to improve
what about running bubble flares like jdm rice 1, it was running 16x8-rediculus at some point
young gun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2005, 04:27 PM   #7
rancid240
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (72)
rancid240 will become famous soon enoughrancid240 will become famous soon enoughrancid240 will become famous soon enough
Feedback Score: 72 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by nosterdomis
Even if you put the 16x9's -20 on the rear with 50mm overfenders it will stick out a few mm's not to mention putting on the 16x9 -32. I think you're going to have to run smaller spacers unless you're going for the stick out look.

Using 20mm fronts and 50mm rears..."flush" would be something around 16x9 +15 and 16x9 -15.

The spacers are just for the front z32 calipers. Rears are with no spacers, just have a flipped face for -32. I am planning to go 50mm all around.

My figuring is that if the PJ fenders (30mm) can fit 16x8 -15, The 50mm can fit a 16x9 -22. So those extra 10mm i will account for with stretch and camber.

Phase2 told me that the PJ overfenders can be used as either 30mm or 50mm depending on how they are mounted/trimmed. This makes no sense to me at all, since they can only be mounted one way-and also how would trimming extend the fenders?
rancid240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2005, 04:47 PM   #8
Flybert
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (7)
Flybert is close to perfectionFlybert is close to perfectionFlybert is close to perfectionFlybert is close to perfectionFlybert is close to perfectionFlybert is close to perfectionFlybert is close to perfectionFlybert is close to perfectionFlybert is close to perfectionFlybert is close to perfectionFlybert is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
With most fiberglass fenders, they'll have a lip on the inside of them much like our stock fenders. You shave off that lip and get your extra clearance. Your wheels will fit fine with 50mm overfenders. You'll be cutting it close in the rear but it should tuck in with enough camber. Also, fiberglass is flexible to an extent so you can bend it and mount it to give you extra or less clearance for perfect flushness.
Flybert is offline   Reply With Quote