Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > Local / Regional / National > Japan 日本

Old 02-14-2012, 01:18 PM   #1
tastyratz
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (4)
tastyratz is a splendid one to beholdtastyratz is a splendid one to beholdtastyratz is a splendid one to beholdtastyratz is a splendid one to beholdtastyratz is a splendid one to beholdtastyratz is a splendid one to beholdtastyratz is a splendid one to beholdtastyratz is a splendid one to beholdtastyratz is a splendid one to beholdtastyratz is a splendid one to beholdtastyratz is a splendid one to behold
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Send a message via AIM to tastyratz
ACTUAL octanes sold in japan?

so I was looking and I am curious from those ACTUALLY living in japan.
What are the actual pump fuel octane grades, and what system is marked as the sold grade?
(i.e. ron/mon/aki/etc)
Every reference I can find googling ironically is another American car forum and someone leading with "I think" or "I heard". Always mixing up their octane ratings and talking of the fabled japanese gas made of unicorn horns.

I want actual information from someone IN japan. Could someone help out?
Old 02-14-2012, 01:24 PM   #2
gunmetalr32
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (14)
gunmetalr32 is on a distinguished road
Feedback Score: 14 reviews
Yes.. Same here . I looked a few years ago and just gave up
Old 02-14-2012, 03:01 PM   #3
fliprayzin240sx
Man w/ CTSV & a Car Seat

Trader Rating: (19)
fliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 19 reviews
Send a message via AIM to fliprayzin240sx
We got a big thread about this in ZY. AAFES/base gas went from 93 octane down to 86 and we had no choice. Everybody's car was pinging on the piss water they're giving us and they were making more money since everybody's getting shittier gas mileage.

But to answer your question, Japan uses RON rating while the US uses AKI. So we have 86 AKI on base, while the off-base premium 100 RON equates to about 95 AKI. With the exchange rate and liter to gallon conversion, 1 gal of off-base premium is about $7 or so depending on where you get it.

If you think Zilvia has too many assholes...
CLICK HERE!!!
fliprayzin240sx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2012, 06:36 AM   #4
Toi
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (1)
Toi is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Some gas stations up here have 103 RON, while others are at 100, depends on where you go.
Toi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2012, 06:07 PM   #5
anton1o
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (0)
anton1o is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Send a message via MSN to anton1o
The moreso popular fuel station in Japan, is ENEOS which is owned by Nippon oil, you can do some research yourself at JX Nippon Oil & Energy Corporation

When i was over there i saw alot at 103, But i was moreso towards popular citys/town's so im not to sure how its like when you very far out, but still when i was at Ebisu/Nikko/Fuji it was still high quality fuel and not very expensive either.

In comparison to Australia where 98oct is about the highest normal pump fuel, Japan is a bit of a bump for the same price.

anton1o is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2012, 10:16 AM   #6
tastyratz
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (4)
tastyratz is a splendid one to beholdtastyratz is a splendid one to beholdtastyratz is a splendid one to beholdtastyratz is a splendid one to beholdtastyratz is a splendid one to beholdtastyratz is a splendid one to beholdtastyratz is a splendid one to beholdtastyratz is a splendid one to beholdtastyratz is a splendid one to beholdtastyratz is a splendid one to beholdtastyratz is a splendid one to behold
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Send a message via AIM to tastyratz
Awesome feedback from everyone, thanks guys. Glad to get information right from the horses mouth.