Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > Specific Topics > Off Topic Chat

Off Topic Chat All non related chat goes here.

Old 06-20-2011, 08:21 PM   #31
S14DB
AFC #1

Trader Rating: (3)
S14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B-3Z9zUZRpE

Project 818 Design Contest Awards
Old 06-20-2011, 09:34 PM   #32
fyneyoungstunna
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (0)
fyneyoungstunna is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
This is my fav so far!

I hate techno-babble cars, with useless plastic and catfish front bumpers....

This one is my second fav, its just classy without going overboard.
fyneyoungstunna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2011, 10:59 PM   #33
BOROSUN
Post Whore!

BOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfection
i didnt know there was a design contest.

i have some neat ideas.
BOROSUN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2011, 12:35 AM   #34
Gnnr
Post Whore!

Gnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond repute
Wake me when they've decided on the final design.
Old 06-23-2011, 11:34 PM   #35
g00se
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (7)
g00se is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
Yeah Im getting pretty disappointed with the lack of real updates. I used to check out the ffr forums pretty regularly but now it feels like the momentum is starting to die.

And some of the designs are pretty hideous..
g00se is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2011, 11:59 PM   #36
S14DB
AFC #1

S14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gnnr View Post
Wake me when they've decided on the final design.
Quote:
Originally Posted by g00se View Post
Yeah Im getting pretty disappointed with the lack of real updates. I used to check out the ffr forums pretty regularly but now it feels like the momentum is starting to die.

And some of the designs are pretty hideous..
They announced the winners of the contest
Old 06-24-2011, 02:39 AM   #37
HyperTek
Post Whore!

HyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfection
i left for 2 months, i would have submitted an entry.. I do not like the 1st place winner.. I do like the 3rd place winner in race trim as scene in the video.
Old 06-24-2011, 08:19 AM   #38
TheWolf
Zilvia FREAK!

TheWolf has a brilliant futureTheWolf has a brilliant futureTheWolf has a brilliant futureTheWolf has a brilliant futureTheWolf has a brilliant futureTheWolf has a brilliant futureTheWolf has a brilliant futureTheWolf has a brilliant futureTheWolf has a brilliant futureTheWolf has a brilliant futureTheWolf has a brilliant future
my god these designs are awful. I'm convinced no one designing these cars has ever picked up a wrench in their life let alone bent a piece of steel. Every one of these cars must have about a one foot wide doorsill that you must step on or over to get in. The key elements in all the 3-1 place cars involve windshield glass that will cost a fortune and 24" wheels with 18" corvette brakes to stop a 1800lb car which is rubbish.

None of them in their current design are "production moldable" fiberglass bodies. This is all one off fairy tail bullshit. There's not even a "hood" or "trunk" done into any of them. Barely any visible door seams. Cars look great when there's no panel lines but making a car great with panel lines is the key. There will be a lot of discussions between engineers and designers about what can and can't work if they ever put that into production. Take the winning car. Remove the 24" wheels and replace with 18's. Remove the 18" brakes and replace with 12" stock subie running gear, and remove that V shaped floor and replace it with a straight line so someone taller than 5'5" can sit in the car and your left with another 90's BS concept car with 4x4 stance. No windows, door locks, targa top, or AC in these cars I imagine. The design is so far advanced that the interior will never match it either.

3rd place racer was probably the most realistic, production viable candidate.
Old 06-24-2011, 08:54 AM   #39
Toi
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (1)
Toi is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
If they ran the 6MT then I could believe the indestructible part.

The weakness of the 5MT isn't the gears however, its the wonderful case flex that AWD puts on the mission during hard launches that does it.
Toi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2011, 11:34 AM   #40
TheWolf
Zilvia FREAK!

TheWolf has a brilliant futureTheWolf has a brilliant futureTheWolf has a brilliant futureTheWolf has a brilliant futureTheWolf has a brilliant futureTheWolf has a brilliant futureTheWolf has a brilliant futureTheWolf has a brilliant futureTheWolf has a brilliant futureTheWolf has a brilliant futureTheWolf has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toi View Post
If they ran the 6MT then I could believe the indestructible part.

The weakness of the 5MT isn't the gears however, its the wonderful case flex that AWD puts on the mission during hard launches that does it.
The idea is that because you've removed the AWD aspect of the box and run a lower weight, you'll take an unreliable part and make it reliable. They basically remove the center diff, lock the two shafts together that ran to it, and drive it off the front diff. Being lightweight and RWD then the box "should live" because it can't load up AWD style and because the rear tires will spin. Claims of them living upto 350hp arn't hard to find. But this is the internet. Land of stawk internal 1500hp 2jz that last 10 years and reliable rotarys. Still no factory LSD in there so you've got 1800lbs.. 300hp, a slick body all doing a one wheel burnout on corner exit.
Old 06-24-2011, 11:58 AM   #41
g00se
Zilvia Junkie

Obx has a front diff for the wrx, which i am sure would be fine for lower power levels. And in a 1800lbs car you probably wouldnt want more than 350 at the wheel.
Old 06-24-2011, 12:02 PM   #42
HyperTek
Post Whore!

HyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfection
you know some fcktards will put 350 chevy and 302 ford engines in them.

I bet alot of those entries are just random designs that people came up with before the contest and just decided "hey ill send in that old drawing I did blah blah".....
Old 06-24-2011, 12:47 PM   #43
Gnnr
Post Whore!

Gnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by S14DB View Post
They announced the winners of the contest
Yeah, but they haven't picked one design that's final, right?
Old 07-06-2011, 02:52 PM   #44
g00se
Zilvia Junkie

It looks like they are currently building 3 1/4 scale models to test. Updates from dave smith tom.
I am just wondering where the gas tank will sit, if the interior will allow for sti gauges/seats and if the car will have the snap oversteer characteristic ala mr2
Old 07-06-2011, 05:06 PM   #45
Purestock240
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (8)
Purestock240 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
I see a racing series of just these cars in the future, similar to the one road course series that was only pontiac solstices.
Purestock240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2011, 11:18 PM   #46
tac 1
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (4)
tac 1 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Im not feeling the firts place winner either. Oh well, we'll see what happens
tac 1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2012, 06:41 PM   #47
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (12)
0100 has a reputation beyond repute0100 has a reputation beyond repute0100 has a reputation beyond repute0100 has a reputation beyond repute0100 has a reputation beyond repute0100 has a reputation beyond repute0100 has a reputation beyond repute0100 has a reputation beyond repute0100 has a reputation beyond repute0100 has a reputation beyond repute0100 has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 12 reviews
Surprised this hasn't been bumped.

Performance: this thing ticks all the boxes. Light, proper engine placement, tube frame race chassis, turbo.

Price: nothing can even come close. LSx miata maybe, but this thing due to the items listed above will beat a lsx/miata me thinks at 9 out of 10 road courses.

Appearance: at first I didn't really like it, but it is growing on me. Really growing on me. It has a lot of potential I think. Can't wait to see a hard top version down the road. The paint scheme and wheels are not flattering at all. Solid color white, red or whatever with proper wheels and offset and ride height and I think this thing could be a looker. I will probably just go black though, which I think will hide it's biggest flaw the headlights. Honestly could care less, as I think this is going to be a beast of a track car, and when you are sitting in the drivers seat who cares what it looks like. Aftermarket will come also, like the red one with the photoshoped Ferrari style front bumper. Check the wingless red one. Like I said this thing has major potential in the appearance department (in the right hands). The potential on the performance end is off the charts.

Stock

Aftermarket (possibly)

TougeHero.com l SilviaV8forums.com
0100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2012, 07:35 PM   #48
S14DB
AFC #1

When it turned into a Challenge car and not a street vehicle I lost all interest. Oh boy a spec race car. I need one of those for my SCCA/NASA teams...

They also stopped sending me updates like they are embarrassed of it. Still send me info on the MK4, '33 and GTM. Haven't heard a peep from them about it in over a year
Old 10-23-2012, 07:59 PM   #49
Zilvia FREAK!

0100 has a reputation beyond repute0100 has a reputation beyond repute0100 has a reputation beyond repute0100 has a reputation beyond repute0100 has a reputation beyond repute0100 has a reputation beyond repute0100 has a reputation beyond repute0100 has a reputation beyond repute0100 has a reputation beyond repute0100 has a reputation beyond repute0100 has a reputation beyond repute
They have a race version and street version.

Embarrassed? lol this is Dave and his teams pride and joy. The pictures I posted aren't on the main website or emails. The race and street version are deputing at SEMA and that is when they will be sending out info.

Old 10-23-2012, 08:28 PM   #50
S14DB
AFC #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by 0100 View Post
They have a race version and street version.

Embarrassed? lol this is Dave and his teams pride and joy. The pictures I posted aren't on the main website or emails. The race and street version are deputing at SEMA and that is when they will be sending out info.
Oh, the only SEMA info I have seen is the '33 Roadster.
Old 10-23-2012, 10:05 PM   #51
Zilvia FREAK!

Yeah they are literally still finishing up the race and street version for SEMA. Street version is still going to be a very raw car. Not a DD (for most) but definitely streetable (just the way I like it). A soft top, targa, and hard top are being talked about and will probably be released in that order. This is still the early stages. They are just finishing up the first 3 cars, and these kits wont be ready for shipping till probably the spring. I have been told there is already a waiting list.