Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > Specific Topics > Off Topic Chat

Off Topic Chat All non related chat goes here.

Old 03-20-2004, 03:36 PM   #31
hondaguy
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (0)
hondaguy is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Send a message via AIM to hondaguy
stick the whole thing in the bowl
add water
nuke that mofo 1 min later im less hungry....lol
Old 03-20-2004, 03:56 PM   #32
kpxchonnom
Leaky Injector

kpxchonnom is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to kpxchonnom
wait for shin ramyun sale at arilang or anykind korean market and buy about 3boxes for rest of the year
kpxchonnom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2004, 07:21 PM   #33
tsunami0ne
Zilvia Junkie

tsunami0ne is an unknown quantity at this point
i eat it with a dash of loneliness and a side of suicidalness.

btw, sometimes you can find top ramen at rite-aid : 12 or $1.
tsunami0ne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2004, 08:27 PM   #34
Ghettokracker71
Post Whore!

Ghettokracker71 will become famous soon enoughGhettokracker71 will become famous soon enoughGhettokracker71 will become famous soon enoughGhettokracker71 will become famous soon enoughGhettokracker71 will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to Ghettokracker71 Send a message via Yahoo to Ghettokracker71
wow....this is a thread....just wow,thats all. Actually I love that stuff,.....boil water,put in the noodles+seasoning packet+other seasoning then drain water and enjoy
Ghettokracker71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2004, 10:10 AM   #35
mbmbmb23
Zilvia Contributor

Trader Rating: (1)
mbmbmb23 is on the path to ruinmbmbmb23 is on the path to ruin
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
I get a wide bowl and put in the water and seasoning. Stir it to disolve the seasoning. Then, put the chunk of ramen in there and microwave it for 2 minutes. Then, take the chunk and turn it over, microwave for 2 more minutes. Once it is done.....use a fork to break up the noodles....and let it sit for about 3-4 minutes. The key is to let it sit so most of the liquid is absorbed and the noodles get fat. Now...this way isn't a soup...because I dont use enough water to have any broth left over once the noodles absorb the water.

My cousin used to make this "dish" where he would combine like 3 packs of ramen noodles, some cheese whiz, some pizza sauce, and some pepperoni slices. I was pretty good actually....looks like sh!t tho.

-m
Old 03-21-2004, 10:47 AM   #36
russian
Zilvia FREAK!

russian is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to russian
Quote:
Originally Posted by WeST
So I was thinking the other day as I was on my 3rd bowl of Nissin Top Ramen, How does everyone prepare their wonderful 50 cent meal?
you get what you pay for, look on ingridients and nutritional value. high in sodium, sat. fats. its empty callories. to each his own,
Old 03-21-2004, 11:26 AM   #37
tsunami0ne
Zilvia Junkie

tsunami0ne is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by russian
you get what you pay for, look on ingridients and nutritional value. high in sodium, sat. fats. its empty callories. to each his own,
but at the very least, you get some dietary fiber.
tsunami0ne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2004, 09:59 PM   #38
mastalee
Leaky Injector

mastalee is an unknown quantity at this point
Wow, I wish I could eat Ramen everyday. I would be rich. Nowadays I can only eat it a few times a month or else I would feel sick.

But when I was actively eating it I would add dry shrimp, or cook the noodles, drain and stir fry it with something.
Old 03-21-2004, 10:24 PM   #39
nismo skyline
Zilvia Addict

nismo skyline is a well-known jackass
add just enough hot water to cook the noodles, i leave them long. then add a lot of lemon juice and tapatio sauce.
nismo skyline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2004, 11:14 PM   #40
AKADriver
Post Whore!

AKADriver has a reputation beyond reputeAKADriver has a reputation beyond reputeAKADriver has a reputation beyond reputeAKADriver has a reputation beyond reputeAKADriver has a reputation beyond reputeAKADriver has a reputation beyond reputeAKADriver has a reputation beyond reputeAKADriver has a reputation beyond reputeAKADriver has a reputation beyond reputeAKADriver has a reputation beyond reputeAKADriver has a reputation beyond repute
Well, since I've had a job, I pretty much stopped eating it. In college I was pretty simple, I'd just put it on with a little less than the prescribed water amount on the pack, and keep boiling until the water cooked down and it was like one big squishy mass. Then I'd either put the flavor packet on if it was a good flavor, or just toss in some soy sauce if it was a crappy flavor. That was with the Maruchan, 8/$1.00 stuff.

Now that I'm a man of wealth and taste, I buy the shin ramyun in big multi-packs at the Grand Mart (DC people know Grand Mart, it's a grocery store that's like, half Korean food, half Mexican food). I just cook it according to the package, maybe dump an egg into it. Good spicy soup on a cold day.
AKADriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2004, 12:01 AM   #41
nightwalker
Nissanaholic!

nightwalker is an unknown quantity at this point
RAMEN= BLAH! God I hate that stuff. If I ever eat Ramen, I end up putting an egg, sugar peas, some shrimps, a bit of lettuce, some tomato bits, cilantro, and a dash of lemon. Then it's Ramen!
Old 03-22-2004, 02:27 AM   #42
PantherSpeed04vp

PantherSpeed04vp is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to PantherSpeed04vp
bah damn unoriginal people .. all yous boil it in some way... i boil it half way... for about 1 and a half minutes.. make sure the noodles are soft... but not saturated with the water... then i drain the suckers... cut up some ham, veggies, mix in some scrambled eggs, throw in some soy sauce and throw it in a pan ( or Wok) with some peanut oil.. a couple of strips o steak i jack from my mom whenever im home and voila instant home cooked pan fried noodles with veggies and steak and scrambled eggs
down with a cold one or some sake if you can get your hands on it.
try it some time
PantherSpeed04vp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2004, 08:26 AM   #43
aznpoopy
Post Whore!

aznpoopy has a reputation beyond reputeaznpoopy has a reputation beyond reputeaznpoopy has a reputation beyond reputeaznpoopy has a reputation beyond reputeaznpoopy has a reputation beyond reputeaznpoopy has a reputation beyond reputeaznpoopy has a reputation beyond reputeaznpoopy has a reputation beyond reputeaznpoopy has a reputation beyond reputeaznpoopy has a reputation beyond reputeaznpoopy has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to aznpoopy
here's mine:

1) boil water + add seasoning / soup base
2) throw in noodles without breaking
3) add in any preferred sauces (sah tzia, soy sauce, ketchup, whatever)
4) add in secondary foods (hot pot stuffs, sliced beef, fried tofu, veggies etc)
5) throw in egg
6) put it in a huge bowl steaming hot and throw in yet another egg
7) add your secondary sauces

the second egg ends up being partially cooked with a raw egg yoke that u get to eat at the end if your careful and don't pop up. the first egg will turn into fluffy stuff. secondary sauce is the main flavor but u can make it taste really different depending on what sauce u put in step 3.
aznpoopy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2004, 09:10 AM   #44
AutoDestruct
Zilvia Junkie

AutoDestruct is an unknown quantity at this point
You guys are all missing the method of the ramen champions. Boil the water, throw in the noodles, get it almost done, throw in the egg.
Then Drain and add CHICKEN of BEEF Broth (half a can, if you can).
Throw back on the stove for a couple, then put in a dish and add Some of the silver packet but be careful. OT, or Over Taste is a bad thing.

Right now the Cajun Chicken Nissin is my fav. The draining is critical to removing the Slime and haziness caused by the excess starchs and egg. But that broth is critical to overall taste. Just cooking it like a normal human being with broth gets good results also. Happy hunting and remember to use your bonus card
AutoDestruct is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2004, 10:04 AM   #45
RBS14
Nissanaholic!

RBS14 has a spectacular aura aboutRBS14 has a spectacular aura aboutRBS14 has a spectacular aura aboutRBS14 has a spectacular aura aboutRBS14 has a spectacular aura aboutRBS14 has a spectacular aura aboutRBS14 has a spectacular aura about
West: You mentioned it was a nice 50 cent snack, I don't know if you have longs out there but if you do stop by and see if they have a special going on. They recently had a deal of a lifetime for top ramen, 10 packages for $1!!! it rocked! anyways, just a heads up, every bit counts right?
Old 03-23-2004, 09:41 AM   #46
AutoDestruct
Zilvia Junkie

AutoDestruct is an unknown quantity at this point
I got it at a smith's beside my college in Santa fe back in 2000 for 6 cents a pop with the bonus card thingy. 'course thats 4 years ago.
AutoDestruct is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2004, 02:17 PM   #47
xS1LV1Ax
Zilvia Addict

xS1LV1Ax is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to xS1LV1Ax Send a message via MSN to xS1LV1Ax
Quote:
Originally Posted by fooddude
NONG SHIM fo' life!!!
Hell fuckin yeah. Kimchi flavor ownz.

Ive been learning how to perfect the ramen noodle making here in my dorm. *currenly waiting for 2nd bowl to finish microwaving*. Man, actually im kinda poor now, so i had to settle for the non name brand ramen. I bought it at walmart (yeah there isnt so much choice out here in the middle of nowhere VA). The brand is "SMACK". WTF? it was a funny name. I made first bowl. wasnt bad for $0.11 per pack . BUt im a traditional college ramen maker. BOwl w/ water, unbroken noodles, 3 min in micro. Add flavor packet, mix, micro for 2 more min. $0.11 meal goodness.

well, now that i think about it, i have to eat like3 to get full. damn. Im not a freshman so i cant claim the freshman 15. Its more the the sophmore 30 !
Old 03-23-2004, 02:34 PM   #48
Var
Post Whore!

Var is a glorious beacon of lightVar is a glorious beacon of lightVar is a glorious beacon of lightVar is a glorious beacon of lightVar is a glorious beacon of lightVar is a glorious beacon of lightVar is a glorious beacon of lightVar is a glorious beacon of lightVar is a glorious beacon of lightVar is a glorious beacon of lightVar is a glorious beacon of light
Send a message via AIM to Var
hmm. if i had an extra 10 grand i think i'd send a gang of those noodle meals to 3rd world countries....or build a race motor. But damn i think we've covered every angle of cooking noodles. LOL who's got a new one?
Old 03-23-2004, 03:42 PM   #49
AKADriver
Post Whore!

AKADriver has a reputation beyond reputeAKADriver has a reputation beyond reputeAKADriver has a reputation beyond reputeAKADriver has a reputation beyond reputeAKADriver has a reputation beyond reputeAKADriver has a reputation beyond reputeAKADriver has a reputation beyond reputeAKADriver has a reputation beyond reputeAKADriver has a reputation beyond reputeAKADriver has a reputation beyond reputeAKADriver has a reputation beyond repute
Anyone tried cooking them in beer? It could work...
Old 03-23-2004, 05:21 PM   #50
gmgs14
Zilvia Member

gmgs14 is an unknown quantity at this point
Am I the only one that likes to add BBQ sauce to the chicken flavor?
gmgs14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2004, 06:57 PM   #51
West
OMNOMNOMNOM

West has disabled reputation
Send a message via AIM to West
Hmmm, BBQ with Chicken, Ima try that.

So far the best one (and only one I tried) was the stir fry method. I had some left over Mu Shu (SP?) and put the noodles in some oil, fried em, then added the Mu Shu and it was better then putting it in the pancakes they give you! MMMM

Hmm, beer and ramen... maybe someday when im to wasted to know what im eating...
Old 07-08-2004, 07:16 PM   #52
Salty_X
Zilvia FREAK!

Salty_X is an unknown quantity at this point
Just finished a bowl of this... god damn that's some good shit.

Anyway, I brought this back up to ask a dumb question: How do I cook the egg?

I tried boiling an egg for the first time tonight with disastrously cool results (microwaved egg in water, it exploded).
If someone could help me out and give me a rundown on how to properly cook the egg I would appreciate it. I'd like to give it a try.
Old 07-08-2004, 09:05 PM   #53
S14DB
AFC #1

Trader Rating: (3)
S14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
[QUOTE=Jeff240sx][QUOTE=ca18guy]50 cents is alot for ramen!!!
Quote:

Go to Sam's Club. They're like a box of 50 or 100 for $5.00 or some rediculous ammount. Hell.. 20 Ramen-In-A-Cups were like $5.00.
For the bag kind.. all noodles must be intact. Not broken. Then chop some celery, carrots, and a 1/2 tsp. of Cayenne Pepper (or my favorite, Cajun Seasoning). And make 2 packages at a time, with 3/4 cup of water instead of 1 cup per package added. 2 packages + carrots + celery + seasoning might be $.50.
-Jeff
That's were I get all my ramen(Cups and Bags). People look at you weird when you walk out with a Case of Ramen.

Name that Ramen:

Top Ramen Recipes
Old 07-08-2004, 09:10 PM   #54
old_s13
BANNED

old_s13 is an unknown quantity at this point
i begin by throwing it in the garbage.

then, i call up my friend glenn and meet him up at Kyushu ramen in the valley. if we're lucky, other friends will come out too.

- mike
old_s13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2004, 09:36 PM   #55
s14falcon
Zilvia Junkie

s14falcon is an unknown quantity at this point
mmmm, ramen, im pretty hungry actually. For me, i put the noodles in unbroken, boil the m in the pot of water, then when theyre done, or sometimes before theyre done, ill put in t the seasoning. Then, and this is crucial, i put in the hottest ass hotsauce i can find. im talking the stuff made from the habaneros here. So the i let it cook a little bit more , let them soak up the spicy goodness, and then i eat it, burning the living shit out of my mouth and lips, enjoyin it the whole time. damnit i need ot eat.
s14falcon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2004, 11:15 PM   #56
SilviaSativa
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (6)
SilviaSativa is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
Yum, $.15 worth of nutrition...
Should try Thai Kitchen

Around $1.69 per, good stuff! And if your not feeling lazy, they got tons of other products to cook-up
Old 07-08-2004, 11:18 PM   #57
SilviaSativa
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (6)
SilviaSativa is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
Retailers offering a large selection of Thai Kitchen products include:
- Whole Foods Market
- Wild Oats Marketplace
- Cost Plus World Markets

And have seen limited selections at:
- Hen House
- Wal-Mart
- Super Target
- Hy-Vee

Last edited by SilviaSativa; 07-08-2004 at 11:46 PM..
SilviaSativa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2004, 11:21 PM   #58
AKADriver
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Salty_X
Anyway, I brought this back up to ask a dumb question: How do I cook the egg?

I tried boiling an egg for the first time tonight with disastrously cool results (microwaved egg in water, it exploded).
If someone could help me out and give me a rundown on how to properly cook the egg I would appreciate it. I'd like to give it a try.
You're going about it all wrong man... the noodles cook the egg!

You make the soup, then you just break the egg into the soup as soon as you turn off the heat. Remember, the broth is still boiling at this point. When you drop the egg into 212 degree broth, it cooks it right there. It's also good to stir as soon as you drop it in, or you'll just have a big chunk of egg white in the bottom... unless you like that...
Old 07-08-2004, 11:31 PM   #59
Salty_X
Zilvia FREAK!

Salty_X is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by AKADriver
You're going about it all wrong man... the noodles cook the egg!

You make the soup, then you just break the egg into the soup as soon as you turn off the heat. Remember, the broth is still boiling at this point. When you drop the egg into 212 degree broth, it cooks it right there. It's also good to stir as soon as you drop it in, or you'll just have a big chunk of egg white in the bottom... unless you like that...
Sweet, just what I needed to know. Thanks.
Old 07-09-2004, 12:09 AM   #60
urbanimpakt
Leaky Injector

urbanimpakt is an unknown quantity at this point
I cook the noodles, place the noodles in the bowl w/ the seasoning already in then add as much (or little) water as I like
urbanimpakt is offline   Reply With Quote