Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > Specific Topics > Off Topic Chat > LOUD NOISES

LOUD NOISES A place for political mudslinging, Pro/Anti legalization, gay marriage debate, Gun control rants, etc. If it's political, controversial, or hotly debated, it goes here. No regular Off-Topic stuff allowed. READ THE RULES BEFORE POSTING!

Old 04-19-2012, 01:34 PM   #1
90white240
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (4)
90white240 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
What do you guys think about this?

Coupe Snoop: Congress wants all cars to be equipped with recording devices — RT
Old 04-19-2012, 01:37 PM   #2
Juantwo3
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (20)
Juantwo3 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 20 reviews
Revolution!!!!!!!!!!!
Juantwo3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2012, 01:41 PM   #3
Umbys
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (3)
Umbys is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
not worried. Imagine how much money will have to be invested into installing all that crap into each and every car.....
Umbys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2012, 01:50 PM   #4
STL240SXDRIFT
Zilvia Junkie

STL240SXDRIFT is an unknown quantity at this point
“Not later than 180 days after the date of enactment of this Act, the Secretary shall revise part 563 of title 49, Code of Federal Regulations, to require, beginning with model year 2015, that new passenger motor vehicles sold in the United States be equipped with an event data recorder that meets the requirements under that part,” explains the act.

I think we'll be ok...unless Nissan builds a 2015 240sx.
STL240SXDRIFT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2012, 03:03 PM   #5
slowvia
Zilvia Junkie

slowvia is an unknown quantity at this point
George Orwell anyone?
Sounds mysteriously similar to a "Telescreen"
slowvia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2012, 04:48 PM   #6
TougeSR20Kid
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (1)
TougeSR20Kid has a little shameless behavior in the past
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Umbys View Post
not worried. Imagine how much money will have to be invested into installing all that crap into each and every car.....
This! Dude itd be too expensive for our broke dick government to put this shit in every car. The only way they could do it is to make auto manufacturers install it on new cars as it states they are doing, u think GM's gonna do that ish for free, no they'll most likely tack it on to the price of these new cars and ppl would have to be idiots to pay more money to have the government spy on them in their own car... With that being said I wouldn't be surprised it the automotive lobbyists will beat this into submission. Cus after all wouldn't this affect sales? I know I would opt for a pre 2015 car if this were the case

Another thing is that they are gonna have to pay to have ppl listen in on all the recordings... That ain't gonna be cheap either, way to go Feds! Les climb into more spending on more bullshit we don't need.

But whatever if they go ahead and do this shit, I'll be relocating to the great white north
Namaste mother f**ker
TougeSR20Kid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2012, 05:30 PM   #7
kingkilburn
Philosopher King

Trader Rating: (0)
kingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Sounds like I would be gutting the electronics of any new car equipped with something like this.
Old 04-20-2012, 06:35 PM   #8
TougeSR20Kid
Zilvia Junkie

Makes me think that ^^^^ that would be illegal, no? I dunno I'm all for that and with you on it killburn, but something tells me they would make that a big no no
Namaste mother f**ker
Old 04-23-2012, 08:51 PM   #9
cdlong
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (0)
cdlong has a brilliant futurecdlong has a brilliant futurecdlong has a brilliant futurecdlong has a brilliant futurecdlong has a brilliant futurecdlong has a brilliant futurecdlong has a brilliant futurecdlong has a brilliant futurecdlong has a brilliant futurecdlong has a brilliant futurecdlong has a brilliant future
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Send a message via AIM to cdlong
Quote:
Originally Posted by TougeSR20Kid View Post
This! Dude itd be too expensive for our broke dick government to put this shit in every car. The only way they could do it is to make auto manufacturers install it on new cars as it states they are doing, u think GM's gonna do that ish for free, no they'll most likely tack it on to the price of these new cars and ppl would have to be idiots to pay more money to have the government spy on them in their own car... With that being said I wouldn't be surprised it the automotive lobbyists will beat this into submission. Cus after all wouldn't this affect sales? I know I would opt for a pre 2015 car if this were the case

Another thing is that they are gonna have to pay to have ppl listen in on all the recordings... That ain't gonna be cheap either, way to go Feds! Les climb into more spending on more bullshit we don't need.

But whatever if they go ahead and do this shit, I'll be relocating to the great white north
Way to not read. Two posts up it says all new cars from 2015 on. It's also an event data recorder. It's like a black box in your car, only accessed in the case of an accident or likely getting arrested for a major traffic violation. Most new cars already have these, they save basic data (throttle position, stability control intervention, etc.) for the last 12 seconds or so. This act only standardizes what is recorded and for how long. I would imagine it also gives the government access to it whenever they want.
Old 04-23-2012, 09:20 PM   #10
TougeSR20Kid
Zilvia Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdlong View Post
Way to not read. Two posts up it says all new cars from 2015 on. It's also an event data recorder. It's like a black box in your car, only accessed in the case of an accident or likely getting arrested for a major traffic violation. Most new cars already have these, they save basic data (throttle position, stability control intervention, etc.) for the last 12 seconds or so. This act only standardizes what is recorded and for how long. I would imagine it also gives the government access to it whenever they want.
Really? Way to not read my post guy. "I would most likely opt to go with a pre 2015 car"... the fuck outa here
Namaste mother f**ker
Old 04-23-2012, 09:23 PM   #11
S14DB
AFC #1

S14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by cdlong View Post
Exactly this already exists on cars. Even GM lol...
Quote:
The section goes on to establish that the ownership of data collected by those devices will be the sole property of the owner of the automobile, but other provisions clearly authorize a challenge to this. A court may be granted access to that information “in furtherance of a legal proceeding,” and elsewhere in the bill it says that “the information is retrieved pursuant to an investigation or inspection authorized under section 1131(a) or 30166 of title 49, United States Code.”
Which means they have to supeona access to it. There have been some cases where the insurance company has tried to claim ownership of the data.