Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > Specific Topics > Off Topic Chat > LOUD NOISES

LOUD NOISES A place for political mudslinging, Pro/Anti legalization, gay marriage debate, Gun control rants, etc. If it's political, controversial, or hotly debated, it goes here. No regular Off-Topic stuff allowed. READ THE RULES BEFORE POSTING!

Old 10-21-2012, 07:49 PM   #121
Corbic
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (8)
Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1 88 U View Post
BBC - Religions - Christianity: Atlantic slave trade and abolition

You are the very definition of Cognitive Dissonance.
Did you miss the very first sentence?

The emergence of colonies in the Americas and the need to find labourers

So religion created that issue?
Corbic is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-21-2012, 07:50 PM   #122
1 88 U
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (0)
1 88 U is making his/her stupidity well-known1 88 U is making his/her stupidity well-known1 88 U is making his/her stupidity well-known1 88 U is making his/her stupidity well-known
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Corbic View Post
Glad you glazed over the fact that religion reflects humanity and culture and that it's used as an excuse related to other greater social issues.

Also if there is no God but the man with the most power... then how is Mao not a god?
Glad you glazed over the fact that atheism reflects humanity and culture and that it's used as an excuse related to other greater social issues.

Fucking duh.

Cognitive Dissonance. It's right in front of your face yet you choose to ignore.
1 88 U is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2012, 07:50 PM   #123
terrence
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (1)
terrence is not welcome here anymoreterrence is not welcome here anymoreterrence is not welcome here anymoreterrence is not welcome here anymoreterrence is not welcome here anymoreterrence is not welcome here anymoreterrence is not welcome here anymoreterrence is not welcome here anymoreterrence is not welcome here anymoreterrence is not welcome here anymoreterrence is not welcome here anymore
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Quote:
How are either of the examples I gave religious? Do you not know anything of WHY religious doctrines are formed the way they are and how they are a reflection of society more than anything.

Women's rights are born from child birthing and reproductive protection. You "have" to get married not because of magic words that people in ancient times are two stupid not to believe in, but because thousands of years ago ancient people realized when you have sex with a girl "which is fun" she gets pregnant. When she gets pregnant... she can't hunt, farm or defend her self. She also can't hunt, farm or defend her self when she has to watch over a child for 10-12 years.

So why should her parents... or village or all of us suffer and have to carry her dead weight cuz "you" had fun.... no... you want to have sex... your taking responsibility for that shit. And your response is... "if I'm taking responsibility for that shit... then that damn well better be my fucking kid!" So now your telling her to stay in the cave and are picking fights with anyone that talks to her.

There is your logic, rational and reasoning. No mystical mumbo-jumbo.

As far as slavery goes... hmmm. What does that have to do with religion? You can't even argue a "Racial" component to that since the people have enslaved their own race for eons.

Unity will divide, Division will unite. Remember that, because people will always find reasons to be "Different". Race, Country, Language, region, School, favorite color... Christians can't even agree on one doctrine, so why would "atheists" be able to agree on one set of values and cultural ways?

Your experience? Examples please. The only one I can think of is marxism which has pretty much proven out to be the biggest scourge of mankind ever. The latest estimates is that Marxism killed 94 million people last century.

The Crusades, which you atheists love to bring up... caused a mere 1-3 million deaths over the course of 250 years. It was also more of a reflection of Europe's solution for dealing internal riffs, over population and the problems revolving around feudalism and transfer of wealth then it was about religious discourse.

The crusades also opened up the Western world to the rest of the world as far as trade and future expansion.

Religion is the excuse, not the cause of problems.
In response to keeping women home with burqas (not burka), that is because of Islamic tradition to conceal women from men. As for your other example, let's talk about "manifest destiny".

My examples are modern examples, because we live and vote on candidates that are not in textbooks yet. I am referring to the women's rights movement in america during the 20th century. So that women can vote, work with equal pay, have access to birth control, legal abortion, pregnancy discrimination in the workplace; you get the idea there is a lot.

Slavery is livid in the bible, and is a prohibited act.

My experiences are with normal everyday people who deny a deity. I can't speak for the others because I have never met them. As I mentioned, I can only speak from my own personal experience. But from your example of Stalin, yes he was an atheist but he was also a communist. His reasoning behind the elimination of all religion was to create the ideal communist society. Not all atheists are communist.

I never once brought up the crusades, but you validate a 250 year campaign of violence, because we now have open trade routes? Fuck dude..
terrence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2012, 07:51 PM   #124
Corbic
Post Whore!

Quote:
Glad you glazed over the fact that atheism reflects humanity and culture and that it's used as an excuse related to other greater social issues.
Sorry, I view it as a form of mental disorder.
Old 10-21-2012, 07:52 PM   #125
1 88 U
Zilvia Junkie

1 88 U is making his/her stupidity well-known1 88 U is making his/her stupidity well-known1 88 U is making his/her stupidity well-known1 88 U is making his/her stupidity well-known
Quote:

So religion created that issue?
Religion is a construct of man. So is Atheism
Old 10-21-2012, 07:54 PM   #126
Corbic
Post Whore!

Quote:
Religion is a construct of man. So is Atheism
That didn't answer the question.
Old 10-21-2012, 07:54 PM   #127
terrence
Zilvia Junkie

terrence is not welcome here anymoreterrence is not welcome here anymoreterrence is not welcome here anymoreterrence is not welcome here anymoreterrence is not welcome here anymoreterrence is not welcome here anymoreterrence is not welcome here anymoreterrence is not welcome here anymoreterrence is not welcome here anymoreterrence is not welcome here anymoreterrence is not welcome here anymore
Quote:
I'm still baffled at how you can blame "african" slavery on religion. Was it not religion that set them free? Seems to me like the only reason they where in slaved was to support economic advancement of those with more technology and weaponry.

You really think all the geopolitical troubles of the world would vanish without a god?
If it were not for the quest of "god, gold and glory", the Portuguese would have not made it to the horn of Africa. Notice how everywhere they went missionaries were left behind to convert the "savages".
Old 10-21-2012, 07:55 PM   #128
Corbic
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by terrence View Post
If it were not for the quest of "god, gold and glory", the Portuguese would have not made it to the horn of Africa. Notice how everywhere they went missionaries were left behind to convert the "savages".
...and we are thankful for their efforts, no?
Old 10-21-2012, 07:57 PM   #129
1 88 U
Zilvia Junkie

Quote:
Sorry, I view it as a form of mental disorder.

You hand wave atrocities with a religious justification yet you attribute atrocities committed by Atheist as inherent to that philosophy and call all other atheist mentally disabled.

Once again you prove my theory that you are a bigot. A..

Racist
Sexist
Fascist
Religious Bigot.
Old 10-21-2012, 07:58 PM   #130
terrence
Zilvia Junkie

Quote:
...and we are thankful for their efforts, no?
My point is we could have the same results but through peaceful means, but instead use a belief in a higher power to push a hidden agenda.
Old 10-21-2012, 08:01 PM   #131
Corbic
Post Whore!

Quote:
You hand wave atrocities with a religious justification yet you attribute atrocities committed by Atheist as inherent to that philosophy and call all other atheist mentally disabled.

Once again you prove my theory that you are a bigot. A..

Racist
Sexist
Fascist
Religious Bigot.

You have proven again you don't know what "ist" means. Also, didn't you say atheism isn't a religion?
Old 10-21-2012, 08:06 PM   #132
1 88 U
Zilvia Junkie

Quote:
That didn't answer the question.
Yes I did. Since you are so slow lets reiterate.

Man created religion.
Some men used said religion to do good shit. Some men used religion to do bad shit.

Man rejected the concept of a deity or deities.
Some men used the concept of there not being a deity to do good shit. Some men used the concept of there not being a deity to do bad shit.

Not necessarily in that order
Old 10-21-2012, 08:09 PM   #133
Corbic
Post Whore!

Quote:
Yes I did. Since you are so slow lets reiterate.

Man created religion.
Some men used said religion to do good shit. Some men used religion to do bad shit.

Man rejected the concept of a deity or deities.
Some men used the concept of there not being a deity to do good shit. Some men used the concept of there not being a deity to do bad shit.
You just completely invalidated your argument that atheism would cure anything then... as your are saying it makes no different. Congrats.
Old 10-21-2012, 08:10 PM   #134
1 88 U
Zilvia Junkie

Quote:
You just completely invalidated your argument that atheism would cure anything then... as your are saying it makes no different. Congrats.
Look through my posts in this thread again. I have not once implied that. My first posts defended mormanism against your attempt to discredit them as Christians. My next set of posts were towards 1LLEST.S13 outlining the hypocrisy of calling religious presidents intolerant yet at the same time being intolerant himself. You came in hand waving religious atrocities while condemning all atheist to being mentally ill and comparing them to Stalin and Mao.
Old 10-21-2012, 08:21 PM   #135
The Dude
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (4)
The Dude is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Quote:
We would be devoid of religious-based laws. That in itself would be a victory for everyone. You're still free to practice your religion as you please, so long as you don't impose your beliefs on someone else.
Many Christians get riled up because some people want things like "In God We Trust" taken off money, or "Under God" taken from the Pledge...as if that even comes close to comparing to the freedoms that are taken away from others due to their own beliefs.
For the record, I don't give a shit about either of those things. I just used them as an example.
The Dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2012, 08:23 PM   #136
1 88 U
Zilvia Junkie

I see two sides being intolerant and hypocritical.

Not all religion is bad and not all atheism is bad. If a person running for president was honest and shared my values yet didn't share my faith I would support him/her.

End of thread.
Old 10-21-2012, 09:48 PM   #137
usdm180sx
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (5)
usdm180sx is close to perfectionusdm180sx is close to perfectionusdm180sx is close to perfectionusdm180sx is close to perfectionusdm180sx is close to perfectionusdm180sx is close to perfectionusdm180sx is close to perfectionusdm180sx is close to perfectionusdm180sx is close to perfectionusdm180sx is close to perfectionusdm180sx is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Send a message via AIM to usdm180sx Send a message via Yahoo to usdm180sx
Unsubscribed. All this bitching and arguing won't change anything. Looking for fucks to give on something that will make a difference

usdm180sx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2013, 12:35 AM   #138
Quatre
BANNED

Quatre is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by upsdude View Post
i dont care if he prays to allah or god personally. i just wish he'd do his job and try to find a way to help the economy

Sent from my Kindle Fire
Allah and God are the same thing.

Allah means God in Arabic/Farsi.

People this is one of the simplest things you must learn.
I see some Muslim Ranters on the streets of LA yelling stupid things like
"These damn terrorists (Insert blasphemy) praising to Allah"
They're Christian or Jewish or whatever and basically are badmouthing their own
God unknowningly.
Quatre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2013, 12:55 AM   #139
180sxmaniac
Zilvia Member

180sxmaniac is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by upsdude View Post
i dont care if he prays to allah or god personally. i just wish he'd do his job and try to find a way to help the economy

Sent from my Kindle Fire

Having been a History Major in college I've learned to vote based on who I don't want in office rather than who I want. Example: I voted 2012 for Obama because my pick Ron Paul didn't win the republican nominee and there was no way I was going to vote for Mitt. President's are puppets,that are controlled by globalist. It's kinda like "corporations are people my friend"<<<Mitt Romney quote lol and so they pay to put a president in office and once that president goes in office throw everything he said he was going to do prior to his election in the trash because he's going to listen and do what the globalists/elite tell him to do and if not he will end up like JFK. That's the primary reason why Ron Paul didn't win the RED nominee if you ask me,it was because he was such a supporter of the constitution and he would've done things that would've harmed the "Elite"(elite meaning not so much the wealthy/rich but rather the families/mob/goldman sach's etc who manipulate the system/country/currency) in this country like legalizing marijuana as well as bring all the troops home immediately and ending this war on terror nonsense with the middle east, as well as granting clemency to those in prison on minor drug charges,Ron Paul would've done all the things we hoped Obama was going to do. Obama has done a few things but this country has made little progress since he's been in office,things have only gotten worse,time for our system to crash so we can start from ground up.
180sxmaniac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2013, 04:29 PM   #140
kingkilburn
Philosopher King

kingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfection
How is this still being debated? The law is clear. The political philosophy is clear. the logic is clear.

What someone privately believes is NONE of your damn business. It only matters when someone tries pressing their personal brand of bullshit onto others and at that point NO RELIGION has any right to push their shit on me.
/thread