Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > Specific Topics > Off Topic Chat > LOUD NOISES

LOUD NOISES A place for political mudslinging, Pro/Anti legalization, gay marriage debate, Gun control rants, etc. If it's political, controversial, or hotly debated, it goes here. No regular Off-Topic stuff allowed. READ THE RULES BEFORE POSTING!

Old 01-18-2012, 02:59 PM   #31
allntrlundrgrnd
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (17)
allntrlundrgrnd is close to perfectionallntrlundrgrnd is close to perfectionallntrlundrgrnd is close to perfectionallntrlundrgrnd is close to perfectionallntrlundrgrnd is close to perfectionallntrlundrgrnd is close to perfectionallntrlundrgrnd is close to perfectionallntrlundrgrnd is close to perfectionallntrlundrgrnd is close to perfectionallntrlundrgrnd is close to perfectionallntrlundrgrnd is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 17 reviews
I only got a few seconds into it before I made a judgement, as well.

Here's an example of what is wrong with one religion, in particular. Priest's are not allowed to get married based solely on the outdated practice that when a man died, all his worldly possessions went to his first born son. No son? Church takes it. This in turn is partially responsible for the practice of priests abusing children, which occurs on a global scale, far more frequently than most are aware.

Also, the man at the very top of this organization is well aware of this occurrence, yet absolutely refuses to do anything to counteract it. What could be more corrupt than allowing the raping of babies?
allntrlundrgrnd is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-18-2012, 05:04 PM   #32
SR240DET
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (0)
SR240DET has much to be proud ofSR240DET has much to be proud ofSR240DET has much to be proud ofSR240DET has much to be proud ofSR240DET has much to be proud ofSR240DET has much to be proud ofSR240DET has much to be proud ofSR240DET has much to be proud ofSR240DET has much to be proud ofSR240DET has much to be proud ofSR240DET has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Send a message via AIM to SR240DET
I hate fruit, but I love oranges.

This guy is coming off a bit hypocritical.
SR240DET is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2012, 06:39 PM   #33
kingkilburn
Philosopher King

kingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by allntrlundrgrnd View Post
Attending church can be a reassuring and positive environment, the Bible for the most part has a good message, and Jesus was a good dude.

Religion, on the other hand, has started countless wars, corrupted men, and reinforced discrimination against women, to name a few. Not to mention the general dickishness of many politicians in our country at the moment.

I would not consider them one in the same.
My experience with church is that it is a place for hypocrites to sit on the moral high horses and tell you how to live your life while doing worse things than you ever would have dreamed of doing with or without "Satan's temptation".

The Bible has no message. It is half history and half rule book(and the new testament breaks all the rules set before it making null and void even if you do believe in the god of Abraham).

The historical Jesus is a myth and the Biblical Jesus was the worst jew to walk the earth outside of Hitler. The Old Testament very specifically lays down what rules Jews MUST follow as well as the very strict definition of what the Messiah can and can not be. Jesus fails on both.

If you pray to anything to better your life and you must go to a specific place and do things in a specific manner you most definitely are practicing a religion.

You can love Jesus all day and all night but unless you follow the rules of the RELIGION you're still going to hell.
Old 01-19-2012, 08:59 AM   #34
redline racer510
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (1)
redline racer510 is on the path to ruinredline racer510 is on the path to ruin
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
"The historical Jesus is a myth and the Biblical Jesus was the worst jew to walk the earth outside of Hitler. The Old Testament very specifically lays down what rules Jews MUST follow as well as the very strict definition of what the Messiah can and can not be. Jesus fails on both."

I am not a christian but how can you judge jesus based on the accuracy of a book that was altered at least eight times,written at least 300 years after the inception of it's teachings and if it was the word of god why did it need to be altered? God=perfect, bible=many contradictions/unproven statements, so how can it be the word of god if it has flaws? How can you judge someone based off of the wikipedia of religious books(bible). You say he is a myth where is your proof? Please educate me.
Old 01-19-2012, 10:48 AM   #35
kingkilburn
Philosopher King

kingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfection
The new testament never claims to be the word of god. It is a series of "biographies" about the same man. They aren't even the words of the men they are attributed to.

You imply he isn't a myth, where is your proof.
Old 01-19-2012, 11:14 AM   #36
kingkilburn
Philosopher King

Not even all the old testament is supposed to be the word of god.
Old 01-19-2012, 11:17 AM   #37
redline racer510
Zilvia FREAK!

My proof is that you don't have any proof, lol. But really you cant dismiss the fact that more than a billion people believe in this guy which makes the likely hood of his existence just a little more valid than your theory.
Old 01-19-2012, 11:19 AM   #38
redline racer510
Zilvia FREAK!

not what christian leaders say
Old 01-19-2012, 11:26 AM   #39
AdamR
Leaky Injector

AdamR is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by redline racer510 View Post
My proof is that you don't have any proof, lol. But really you cant dismiss the fact that more than a billion people believe in this guy which makes the likely hood of his existence just a little more valid than your theory.
Wow, two logical fallacies in the same post.
AdamR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2012, 11:33 AM   #40
redline racer510
Zilvia FREAK!

Thanks for pointing it out.
Don't matter I still win,lol.
Old 01-19-2012, 12:03 PM   #41
kingkilburn
Philosopher King

Quote:
not what christian leaders say
Who gives a fuck what they say? All I care about is what the book says.
Old 01-19-2012, 12:08 PM   #42
Mrpopo
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (5)
Mrpopo is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Hitler(not a Jew), Stalin, and Mao are the three worst mass murderers in history by far. All of them were atheist. Just do some research before you say religions have started all the worlds wars and massacres of history. Educate yourself before you start fighting on the Interwebz. Religion has it's problems but atheism has an equal number of problems.
Mrpopo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2012, 12:15 PM   #43
kingkilburn
Philosopher King

Quote:
Thanks for pointing it out.
Don't matter I still win,lol.
You very clearly don't.

Quote:
Proof of what?

The fact that a bunch of people believe something doesn't mean anything.

There is no theory in what I said. I use only facts. For every piece of evidence from the church you can regurgitate I can give you cold hard facts to refute it.

So why don't we do the logical thing and lay the burden of proof on the person making the claim for existence.
Old 01-19-2012, 12:18 PM   #44
kingkilburn
Philosopher King

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrpopo View Post
Hitler(not a Jew), Stalin, and Mao are the three worst mass murderers in history by far. All of them were atheist. Just do some research before you say religions have started all the worlds wars and massacres of history. Educate yourself before you start fighting on the Interwebz. Religion has it's problems but atheism has an equal number of problems.
A lot of evidence points towards Hitler being ethnically Jewish.

You can't name a single battle fought in the name of atheism. Just because some dictator was atheist doesn't mean that is the reason they were bad people.
Old 01-19-2012, 12:25 PM   #45
Mrpopo
Zilvia Member

There is no factual information that hitler was a Jew. He was Austrian. That is fact. The German people under hitler were clearly atheist. They killed millions because of it.
Stalin rounded up the Christians in Russia and slaughtered them. He burned churches and mosques. Under his rule the russian people were clearly atheist.
Same with Mao and china. They killed Christians and Muslims alike.
Don't like it, tough. Those are facts not opinions. Just do some research.
Old 01-19-2012, 12:37 PM   #46
kingkilburn
Philosopher King

Being Austrian doesn't mean he wasn't also Jewish.

Those men were evil military dictators. They crushed any and all people that could be a threat to their power and authority, that includes but is not limited religious organizations.

Of course they did disgusting things. Them being atheist has nothing to do with it.

You do know most of America's founding fathers were atheist, right?
Old 01-19-2012, 12:42 PM   #47
Mrpopo
Zilvia Member

Wow. You think most of the framers were atheist? There might not be help for you then.
Our founding fathers by far were Christian. Everything they wrote and said had references to God. My goodness man get a history book.
Old 01-19-2012, 12:43 PM   #48
kingkilburn
Philosopher King

Maybe I should employ the same tactic and compile a list of horrible people that are/were religious.
Old 01-19-2012, 12:45 PM   #49
Mrpopo
Zilvia Member

Like I said before there are examples on all sides. However the greatest mass murderers of all time were atheist and despised religion because it threatened there power.
Old 01-19-2012, 12:49 PM   #50
kingkilburn
Philosopher King

Quote:
Wow. You think most of the framers were atheist? There might not be help for you then.
Our founding fathers by far were Christian. Everything they wrote and said had references to God. My goodness man get a history book.
Now I'll need some proof of that. A few of them were christian but most were deist at best.
Old 01-19-2012, 12:51 PM   #51
Mrpopo
Zilvia Member

There are countless books on our founding fathers. Google any of them and you will see.
Old 01-19-2012, 12:53 PM   #52
mkezzo16
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (6)
mkezzo16 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
People fail to realize religions origin is political. The original temple was in ourselves before the 1st church/temple was ever established. Hence even all the different types of christianity. Why do you think the crusades n all that bloodshed took place in the name of"religion" or "god" Evil doers know that using the words of god can be used as a weapon instead of the uplifting of humanity
mkezzo16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2012, 12:58 PM   #53
Mrpopo
Zilvia Member

That doesn't make all organized religion bad. Just like it doesn't make atheist bad people. Historically speaking the Buddhist are the only ones that never went and killed people. You can find bad in just about everything.
Old 01-19-2012, 12:58 PM   #54
kingkilburn
Philosopher King

Quote:
Like I said before there are examples on all sides. However the greatest mass murderers of all time were atheist and despised religion because it threatened there power.
So Mohamed doesn't count. Alexander the Great doesn't count. Kaiser Wilhelm doesn't count. The catholic church and all it's many crusades don't count. Vikings don't count. Japan's empire of the rising sun doesn't count. The Chinese(before communism) massacring nearly all other ethnic groups and religions within their borders doesn't count. European colonialism doesn't count. South African apartheid doesn't count.

I could go on and on and on. The reality is that the religion or lack there of has no bearing on such matters. Bad people do bad things.
Old 01-19-2012, 01:00 PM   #55
Mrpopo
Zilvia Member

Refer to my previous post for that.
Old 01-19-2012, 01:01 PM   #56
kingkilburn
Philosopher King

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkezzo16 View Post
People fail to realize religions origin is political. The original temple was in ourselves before the 1st church/temple was ever established. Hence even all the different types of christianity. Why do you think the crusades n all that bloodshed took place in the name of"religion" or "god" Evil doers know that using the words of god can be used as a weapon instead of the uplifting of humanity
Wrong. The first temple was built at god's command. At least if you actually read the bible.

Quote:
That doesn't make all organized religion bad. Just like it doesn't make atheist bad people. Historically speaking the Buddhist are the only ones that never went and killed people. You can find bad in just about everything.
So what the hell is your point then?
Old 01-19-2012, 01:07 PM   #57
Mrpopo
Zilvia Member

In the name of atheism: hitler, Stalin, and Mao killed more people than all the other religions combined. They killed people simply because they were muslim, Christian, or anything other than atheist and bowed to their rule. That's something you can research yourself like our founding fathers.

This is fun. I like a good civilized argument/debate.
Old 01-19-2012, 01:23 PM   #58
kingkilburn
Philosopher King

They didn't kill them in the name of atheism. They killed them because they were murderous dictators.
Old 01-19-2012, 01:25 PM   #59
Mrpopo
Zilvia Member

Hitler said put your faith in me and Germany not god.

I'm somewhat of a history buff btw
Old 01-19-2012, 01:31 PM   #60
kingkilburn
Philosopher King

That statement doesn't prove that he killed people in the name of atheism or that he was atheist to begin with.