Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > Specific Topics > Off Topic Chat > LOUD NOISES

LOUD NOISES A place for political mudslinging, Pro/Anti legalization, gay marriage debate, Gun control rants, etc. If it's political, controversial, or hotly debated, it goes here. No regular Off-Topic stuff allowed. READ THE RULES BEFORE POSTING!

Old 08-21-2012, 11:21 PM   #31
kingkilburn
Philosopher King

Trader Rating: (0)
kingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
And how is he supposed to fix in 3.5 years what took 8 to fuck up?
Old 08-22-2012, 02:25 PM   #32
pacotaco345
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (5)
pacotaco345 has a reputation beyond reputepacotaco345 has a reputation beyond reputepacotaco345 has a reputation beyond reputepacotaco345 has a reputation beyond reputepacotaco345 has a reputation beyond reputepacotaco345 has a reputation beyond reputepacotaco345 has a reputation beyond reputepacotaco345 has a reputation beyond reputepacotaco345 has a reputation beyond reputepacotaco345 has a reputation beyond reputepacotaco345 has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
I lol when people say Obama's policies have been helping the country. I know several small business owners, I was employed by one this past summer, all of which can't stand Obama's policies. All you hear when he speaks is "you stand on the peoples shoulders..." blah blah blah. The people didn't build the business, the owner/founder/ceo did. The issue doesn't lie solely in military spending, but the current American way of life. This used to be a country where people MADE things and SOLD them both domestically and internationally; now we're more or less a bunch of pencil pushing desk jockeys who export all our labor to China. Bush didn't fuck this up, Obama didn't fuck this up, WE fucked this up.. and WE allowed it to get worse.
Old 08-23-2012, 12:17 AM   #33
kingkilburn
Philosopher King

kingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfection
So you blame a business not booming during a recession on a misquote from a speech?

Hmm . . .
Old 08-23-2012, 01:52 AM   #34
ivantheterribl3

ivantheterribl3 is an unknown quantity at this point
Isolationism and a lack of regulation on ANYTHING will pull our country out of the flames. Amurrrrka shal rise again
ivantheterribl3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2012, 11:03 AM   #35
Howlermonkey
Leaky Injector

Howlermonkey is an unknown quantity at this point
It seems every administration has a huge sucking hole in which they pour money.

The current administration decided to pour money into the banking hole with what seems to be zero return on the investment that adds no workers to the work force and enriches very few.

I would rather they pour money into the "defense" hole because you actually get a tangible product for your money (regardless of waste) as well as employing many defense contractor workers.
Howlermonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2012, 02:51 PM   #36
11Banger
Leaky Injector

11Banger is an unknown quantity at this point
Being in the military & slowly watching it change over the years, i can say that what the Army/Military's plan was a few years ago has changed A LOT
Old 08-28-2012, 01:27 PM   #37
imotion s14
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (5)
imotion s14 is a splendid one to beholdimotion s14 is a splendid one to beholdimotion s14 is a splendid one to beholdimotion s14 is a splendid one to beholdimotion s14 is a splendid one to beholdimotion s14 is a splendid one to beholdimotion s14 is a splendid one to beholdimotion s14 is a splendid one to beholdimotion s14 is a splendid one to beholdimotion s14 is a splendid one to beholdimotion s14 is a splendid one to behold
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by kingkilburn View Post
How do people say Obama didn't help?

Do you know how far we fell in the great depression and how long it took to get out of it? Do you pay attention to the stock market and employment numbers?

The only time America wasn't in steady growth since Obama was in office was during the Republican manufactured debt ceiling crisis.
and did you know that the Soviet Union never had a recession and had full employment?

Of course they also didn't have toilet paper to wipe their butts... but comrade look at the figures, look at all the concrete and steel they made!
imotion s14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2012, 11:07 PM   #38
Corbic
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (8)
Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by fliprayzin240sx View Post
Ive been in in the military for almost 12 yrs. Fraud waste and abuse is rampant in the military. Perfect example, buying office stuff. I have to buy items from certain vendors on line or on base, I get charged a grip more since they're gov contracts. Just a small example, box of printer paper. Office max price = $40, GSA price = $56. Thats just a small example.
GSA - there is your answer.

The reason that many Government furnished goods cost more is because of the requirements. Every contract is different but their are some stupid ass specs out there.

Packaging requirements, testing data, unique performance specs ect. So while I can go to Autozone and buy a brake pad for $35... its two per box, while the Gov wants 4 per. It has no test data per production lot, the cardboard is single ply instead of double and the 3rd Party that is selling at Autozone never completed a flammability test in a Government certified lab that costs $18k.

I'm not eating 18k... I'm going to bake that into my final price... and boom... $80 brake pads by the time you are done.
Corbic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2012, 11:12 PM   #39
Corbic
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by raz0rbladez909 View Post
Truth, I've seen bolts that would cost 27 cents at Ace hardware cost up to 27 dollars for that same bolt through our supply system. It's not like it's anything special either just a standard 3/8" bolt.
Bullshit.

As I just stated. The Military is HORRENDOUS with spec-ing out shit. Go pull the prints for this stuff and check out all the military requirements.

You realize those bolts at ACE have sort of Garbage chinese coating on them while the military is going to be calling out any number of specific coatings, not to mention actual certified lab testing results showing you pass salt-spray ect.

Combine that with Government requirements to buy from smalls, minority owned ect...
Old 09-22-2012, 11:15 PM   #40
Corbic
Post Whore!

[QUOTE=kingkilburn;4864215]
Do you know how far we fell in the great depression and how long it took to get out of it? Do you pay attention to the stock market and employment numbers?
[quote]

You mean the Great Depression that was fed and prolonged by FDR and his cronies for political gain?

Go read a book.

New Deal or Raw Deal?: How FDR's Economic Legacy Has Damaged America: Burton W. Folsom Jr.: 9781416592372: Amazon.com: Books

Quote:
Book Description
Release Date: November 17, 2009
A sharply critical new look at Franklin D. Roosevelt's presidency reveals government policies that hindered economic recovery from the Great Depression -- and are still hurting America today.
In this shocking and groundbreaking new book, economic historian Burton W. Folsom exposes the idyllic legend of Franklin D. Roosevelt as a myth of epic proportions. With questionable moral character and a vendetta against the business elite, Roosevelt created New Deal programs marked by inconsistent planning, wasteful spending, and opportunity for political gain -- ultimately elevating public opinion of his administration but falling flat in achieving the economic revitalization that America so desperately needed from the Great Depression. Folsom takes a critical, revisionist look at Roosevelt's presidency, his economic policies, and his personal life.

Elected in 1932 on a buoyant tide of promises to balance the increasingly uncontrollable national budget and reduce the catastrophic unemployment rate, the charismatic thirty-second president not only neglected to pursue those goals, he made dramatic changes to federal programming that directly contradicted his campaign promises. Price fixing, court packing, regressive taxes, and patronism were all hidden inside the alphabet soup of his popular New Deal, putting a financial strain on the already suffering lower classes and discouraging the upper classes from taking business risks that potentially could have jostled national cash flow from dormancy. Many government programs that are widely used today have their seeds in the New Deal. Farm subsidies, minimum wage, and welfare, among others, all stifle economic growth -- encouraging decreased productivity and exacerbating unemployment.

Roosevelt's imperious approach to the presidency changed American politics forever, and as he manipulated public opinion, American citizens became unwitting accomplices to the stilted economic growth of the 1930s. More than sixty years after FDR died in office, we still struggle with the damaging repercussions of his legacy.