Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > Local / Regional / National > USA > Mid-Atlantic States

Mid-Atlantic States DC, Delaware, Kentucky, Maryland, New Jersey, New York, Ohio, Pennsylvania, Virginia, and West Virginia.

Old 09-09-2004, 11:08 AM   #1
eeterp
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (0)
eeterp is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
MD, DC, VA Tuning Session

I'm arranging a tuning session with Scott Avoy, (enthalpy) the former "master" tuner for Secret Services of Florida, in the Maryland/DC area.

Scott has made quite a name for himself tuning 240sx's and was recently mentioned in this month's Sport Compact Car, where he tuned a 390whp silvia (Jay's old car). Not to mention, Scott put down 540whp+ on his personal car and has tuned many 300, 350, 400whp+ beasts. His ROM tuning skills are quite impressive and he consistently gets loads of power with a beautiful A/F curve. There are so many examples on Freshalloy. Here's just one: http://forums.freshalloy.com/ubbthre...e#Post67669081

So, here's the deal. We need 4-5 cars for a one day tuning session and it'll take 1-2 hours per car. The date is not set but, we're looking at a weekend in 1-2 months. We'll rent out a dyno for the day (Possibly Extreme Motorsports) and Scott will do the rest.

This is often done very successfully by AEM EMS owners who fly out EMS tuners.

If you want a ROM tune, Scott will need your ECU before he comes up. So, you will need to ship it to him. The ECU will be configured to allow tuning and Scott will send the ECU back to you with a base map to get you around town.

Also, Scott will tune Power FC, AEM EMS, Apex'i AFC, Haltech, and several other forms of engine management, if you aren't interested in ROM tune.

Price will vary with application. If you're interested, email me your setup and I'll talk to Scott. Please keep in mind Scott is coming up for tuning and not installation because time is very limited.

Please reply if you are interested or if you have questions.
Old 10-07-2004, 09:52 AM   #2
eeterp
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (0)
eeterp is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
I'm sending out ECUs within the next week to be tuned by Scott. I can include yours as well. The price is $500. The only ECUs that can be tuned are S13 SR20DET and all KA. S14 and S15 SR20DET ECUs cannot be tuned by Scott at this point. This is a great opportunity for you S13 SR, KA, and KA-T guys to get something better than a Super AFC.

Still unsure? Scott recently compared his tuned ECU to a JWT tuned ECU and gained 42hp and 30ft-lbs!!!

more info: http://forums.freshalloy.com/ubbthre...b=5&o=&fpart=1