Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat

Chat General Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 06-23-2006, 01:58 PM   #151
SimpleS14
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (0)
SimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pank
(old picture, i polished the headlights and the previa is sitting next to a dumpster in my roommakes jobs parking lot)

If you took the picture with the S14 and the Previa front end side-by-side...that would have been a classic...
Sponsored Links
Old 06-23-2006, 06:41 PM   #152
Omarius Maximus
Zilvia Junkie

Omarius Maximus is a glorious beacon of lightOmarius Maximus is a glorious beacon of lightOmarius Maximus is a glorious beacon of lightOmarius Maximus is a glorious beacon of lightOmarius Maximus is a glorious beacon of lightOmarius Maximus is a glorious beacon of lightOmarius Maximus is a glorious beacon of lightOmarius Maximus is a glorious beacon of lightOmarius Maximus is a glorious beacon of lightOmarius Maximus is a glorious beacon of lightOmarius Maximus is a glorious beacon of light
I wonder if zenki and previa headlights are interchangeable haha. You seriously should have taken pics side by side. I have a question for all you zenki people; If I offered you a kouki in the same condition and with the same mods as your car, would you trade? Dig deep in your heart and give me the truth...
Omarius Maximus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2006, 07:33 PM   #153
aznpoopy
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (1)
aznpoopy has a reputation beyond reputeaznpoopy has a reputation beyond reputeaznpoopy has a reputation beyond reputeaznpoopy has a reputation beyond reputeaznpoopy has a reputation beyond reputeaznpoopy has a reputation beyond reputeaznpoopy has a reputation beyond reputeaznpoopy has a reputation beyond reputeaznpoopy has a reputation beyond reputeaznpoopy has a reputation beyond reputeaznpoopy has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Send a message via AIM to aznpoopy
um, that would be a hell no.
aznpoopy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2006, 11:23 PM   #154
turbozxi
Zilvia Member

turbozxi is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by Omarius Maximus
I wonder if zenki and previa headlights are interchangeable haha. You seriously should have taken pics side by side. I have a question for all you zenki people; If I offered you a kouki in the same condition and with the same mods as your car, would you trade? Dig deep in your heart and give me the truth...
Definitely. More modern car with a much more aggresive/clean frontend.
turbozxi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2006, 02:48 AM   #155
!Zar!
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (27)
!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 27 reviews
IMO, the kouki's lines don't flow propperly. It starts off agressive and ends soft.

Stock for stock, I think the zenki looks sexy, the kouki has the whole, "Razor tampon" look going on.

Now with aero, zenki's look better for a vip-like style. While the kouki looks better for crazy extreme aero.

I've had plenty of chances to get a kouki, or go kouki front, but it just isn't my style.

So for his/her own...
Old 06-24-2006, 02:52 AM   #156
KwKouki
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (6)
KwKouki is close to perfectionKwKouki is close to perfectionKwKouki is close to perfectionKwKouki is close to perfectionKwKouki is close to perfectionKwKouki is close to perfectionKwKouki is close to perfectionKwKouki is close to perfectionKwKouki is close to perfectionKwKouki is close to perfectionKwKouki is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
Send a message via AIM to KwKouki
stock = Zenki

modified = Kouki

I am not a fan of the BOXY boring USDM Kouki front. Even with a lip it doesnt look right. It doesnt match the car......at all.
Old 06-24-2006, 07:37 PM   #157
Dunkee
Zilvia Addict

Dunkee is a glorious beacon of lightDunkee is a glorious beacon of lightDunkee is a glorious beacon of lightDunkee is a glorious beacon of lightDunkee is a glorious beacon of lightDunkee is a glorious beacon of lightDunkee is a glorious beacon of lightDunkee is a glorious beacon of lightDunkee is a glorious beacon of lightDunkee is a glorious beacon of lightDunkee is a glorious beacon of light
Quote:
I have a question for all you zenki people; If I offered you a kouki in the same condition and with the same mods as your car, would you trade? Dig deep in your heart and give me the truth...
Same as ^
The Kouki does look sexy as hell when it is kitted up but definitely not stock. Back in the day when I had smacked up my front end, I considered getting the facelift but I felt that's the easy and uncreative way of making the S14 look good. I like to go against what everybody else is doing and just work w/ wat I got. I like the stock look..I have stock sideskirts, stock looking bumper...looks somewhat factory. I don't like stock looking koukis though. So no I wouldn't trade.
Old 06-24-2006, 08:00 PM   #158
OptionZero
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (2)
OptionZero is close to perfectionOptionZero is close to perfectionOptionZero is close to perfectionOptionZero is close to perfectionOptionZero is close to perfectionOptionZero is close to perfectionOptionZero is close to perfectionOptionZero is close to perfectionOptionZero is close to perfectionOptionZero is close to perfectionOptionZero is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Send a message via AIM to OptionZero
lets all pretend the USDM kouki bumper doesn't exist and compare it to the JDM bumper, which owns any zenki front end, stock or aftermarket

Kouki = projectors
zenki = yellow, muddy plastic and halogens

kouki ftw

/thread
OptionZero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2006, 10:42 PM   #159
Omarius Maximus
Zilvia Junkie

Omarius Maximus is a glorious beacon of lightOmarius Maximus is a glorious beacon of lightOmarius Maximus is a glorious beacon of lightOmarius Maximus is a glorious beacon of lightOmarius Maximus is a glorious beacon of lightOmarius Maximus is a glorious beacon of lightOmarius Maximus is a glorious beacon of lightOmarius Maximus is a glorious beacon of lightOmarius Maximus is a glorious beacon of lightOmarius Maximus is a glorious beacon of lightOmarius Maximus is a glorious beacon of light
^^agreed 100%. You don't see group buys on stock zenki headlights. You also don't see front end conversions for koukis to go back to zenkis. The kouki is/was the pinnacle of the S14. Especially here in the states, since their were so few exported from japan. Zenki by todays standards looks bland, a Kouki with stock aero still looks fresh, and I believe they will continue to look fresh for decades to come. Thats why there is such a huge disparity in price between 95-96 and 97-98 240s.
Old 06-25-2006, 01:23 AM   #160
aznpoopy
Post Whore!

aznpoopy has a reputation beyond reputeaznpoopy has a reputation beyond reputeaznpoopy has a reputation beyond reputeaznpoopy has a reputation beyond reputeaznpoopy has a reputation beyond reputeaznpoopy has a reputation beyond reputeaznpoopy has a reputation beyond reputeaznpoopy has a reputation beyond reputeaznpoopy has a reputation beyond reputeaznpoopy has a reputation beyond reputeaznpoopy has a reputation beyond repute
from an old post... sales totals.

95 - 25114
96 - 7334
97 - 3655
98 - 2178

theres like 32,000 zenkis out there. there are less than 6000 koukis. supply and demand. that is why koukis are expensive.
Old 06-25-2006, 11:46 AM   #161
OptionZero
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (2)
OptionZero is close to perfectionOptionZero is close to perfectionOptionZero is close to perfectionOptionZero is close to perfectionOptionZero is close to perfectionOptionZero is close to perfectionOptionZero is close to perfectionOptionZero is close to perfectionOptionZero is close to perfectionOptionZero is close to perfectionOptionZero is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Send a message via AIM to OptionZero
That limited supply only matters if there are significant differences between the two versions.

Were 97-98 identical to 95-96, there would still be a slight difference in price, but hardly what we see now.

Rarity is part of the additional demand; better looks is the other.
OptionZero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2006, 01:11 PM   #162
Dunkee
Zilvia Addict

Dunkee is a glorious beacon of lightDunkee is a glorious beacon of lightDunkee is a glorious beacon of lightDunkee is a glorious beacon of lightDunkee is a glorious beacon of lightDunkee is a glorious beacon of lightDunkee is a glorious beacon of lightDunkee is a glorious beacon of lightDunkee is a glorious beacon of lightDunkee is a glorious beacon of lightDunkee is a glorious beacon of light
Quote:
Originally Posted by OptionZero
lets all pretend the USDM kouki bumper doesn't exist and compare it to the JDM bumper, which owns any zenki front end, stock or aftermarket
If you're not comparing USDM then compare the Euro Zenki headlights w/ the rare Navan sport package. I don't love the JDM Kouki bumper...feel like it needs a lip but then it needs bigger aftermarket sideskirts and rear bumper so not stock anymore. It's rare to see clean Zenkis, takes more work and money...but more refreshing than any Kouki. I know Zenki lovers on here are fighting a losing war cause majority of ppl would rather have Kouki but not being part of the band wagon is cool to me.
Quote:
You don't see group buys on stock zenki headlights.
There is a groupbuy on here for Zenki headlights...didn't see any for Kouki.
Old 06-26-2006, 03:10 PM   #163
aznpoopy
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by OptionZero
better looks is the other.
well that's your opinion.

kouki definitely has more *cough* mass market *ahem* appeal though.
Old 06-26-2006, 04:36 PM   #164
VROOOM
Post Whore!

VROOOM is close to perfectionVROOOM is close to perfectionVROOOM is close to perfectionVROOOM is close to perfectionVROOOM is close to perfectionVROOOM is close to perfectionVROOOM is close to perfectionVROOOM is close to perfectionVROOOM is close to perfectionVROOOM is close to perfectionVROOOM is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by TurboZenki
Nissan sold a bunch of Zenki's in the US, then they started making Koukis and next thing you know nobody bought the car anymore... which also made Nissan stop selling 240's in the US. Which denied us the S15. Seems like purists are more about the zenki...
about the time kouki's came out people started buying SUV's, notice how almost all japanese sports cars ceased production around 96-99. it isnt the fact that the kouki came out. its the fact the the general public wasnt buying sports cars anymore.
VROOOM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2006, 07:02 AM   #165
flytwa78
Leaky Injector

flytwa78 will become famous soon enoughflytwa78 will become famous soon enoughflytwa78 will become famous soon enoughflytwa78 will become famous soon enough
I love the Kouki front end. The Zenki would look nice when the lens' are not covered with that yellow crap.
Final Connection makes that headlight cover that's clear. They are really expensive but they look great.
flytwa78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2006, 07:05 AM   #166
flytwa78
Leaky Injector

flytwa78 will become famous soon enoughflytwa78 will become famous soon enoughflytwa78 will become famous soon enoughflytwa78 will become famous soon enough
In Japan, The kouki was more popular. According to my friend that works at a nissan factory, the kouki had a lighter front end.
Old 06-27-2006, 07:05 AM   #167
flytwa78
Leaky Injector

Quote:
Originally Posted by samms95s14se
Wow! this is back. This thread was only meant to get people's opinion on what they liked about the differences in the two, not to determine which one is better! Also I wouldn't say Kouki owns anything.... more like borrowed over half the body of the Zenki instead of getting it's own full redesign. For example... notice there is only one style of R32,R33 and R34? So if you want to get technical about it Zenki does own Kouki!! since it was the original S14.

The R32 and the R33 did have two different front ends. In the later years of both cars, they switched to projector lights. The diffence was not as drastic as the Kouki and Zenki S14 but there is a notable difference.
Old 06-27-2006, 07:07 AM   #168
flytwa78
Leaky Injector

Quote:
Originally Posted by VROOOM
about the time kouki's came out people started buying SUV's, notice how almost all japanese sports cars ceased production around 96-99. it isnt the fact that the kouki came out. its the fact the the general public wasnt buying sports cars anymore.

Very True. At that time, everyone wanted an SUV (stupid useless vehicles) and that killed all two door cars from Nissan and it was also the end of the 3000GT, Supra, and other high power Japanese sport cars.
Old 06-27-2006, 11:19 AM   #169
240shorty
Leaky Injector

240shorty is on a distinguished road
Quote:
stock = Zenki

modified = Kouki
Here, I'll fix it for you:

Stock = Kouki
Modified = Zenki

For me, that's how it is. Stock for stock, the Kouki has the edge. I've seen too many stock bumper Zenki's with their rounded front that don't look like they belong on a sporty car. Reminds me of a Pontiac Bonneville. For me, the key is to eliminate some of the rounded lower corners with the *right* kit (whatever that is). Several of my favorite 240's are modified Zenki's. You get tired of looking at the square, hacked up Kouki front (IMO), tire of it scowling at you for eternity. But the sweet curves of the Zenki will love you foreva.

Plus even if you prefer Kouki... with all that money you saved, you'll learn too like it.
240shorty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2006, 11:40 AM   #170
vanish1
Zilvia Addict

vanish1 is not welcome here anymorevanish1 is not welcome here anymorevanish1 is not welcome here anymorevanish1 is not welcome here anymorevanish1 is not welcome here anymorevanish1 is not welcome here anymorevanish1 is not welcome here anymorevanish1 is not welcome here anymore
Kouki looks better with aftermarket aero.

Zenki looks better with OEM aero.

Another interesting thing about the zenki is that when it came time for the S13 silvia to transition into the S14, you can see the evolution of the silvia in the zenki. the Kouki is more associated with the S15
vanish1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2006, 02:06 PM   #171
atom
Zilvia FREAK!

atom is a name known to allatom is a name known to allatom is a name known to allatom is a name known to allatom is a name known to allatom is a name known to allatom is a name known to allatom is a name known to allatom is a name known to allatom is a name known to allatom is a name known to all
I think the worse thing about the zenki front end are the front parking lights. I dunno, it just makes the front look so cluttered. That's why the best aero kits for zenki are Ings, BN Sports Type 3, and K's FRP Factory, they all eliminate the front parking lights.

So smooth.
atom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2006, 09:59 PM   #172
Omarius Maximus
Zilvia Junkie

I remember back in the day when I actually had a zenki, I'd scoff at everyone who had a kouki, and would say that my car looked better. Now that I have a kouki, its the exact opposite. I think whichever version you own, it makes you more critical of the OTHER version that is not your own. But after having both, and this is an impartial opinion because I'll be selling my kouki in a month or two, I would choose kouki every time if I had to do it again and again.
Old 06-27-2006, 11:03 PM   #173
samms95s14se
Zilvia Member

samms95s14se will become famous soon enoughsamms95s14se will become famous soon enoughsamms95s14se will become famous soon enoughsamms95s14se will become famous soon enough
Quote:
I remember back in the day when I actually had a zenki, I'd scoff at everyone who had a kouki, and would say that my car looked better. Now that I have a kouki, its the exact opposite. I think whichever version you own, it makes you more critical of the OTHER version that is not your own.
That part is so true!! It's a mind thing that makes you apreciate what you got. I do have a slight compulsive disorder and even tho I do like the Kouki front it would always bug me that the front just doesn't seem to flow with the back, squareish front to roundish back. Now I've seen a picture of the Kouki front on an S13 coupe and it actually looked pretty good!! squareish front to squareish back equals balanced design. But to each is his own so it's all good!
Old 06-27-2006, 11:14 PM   #174
redsuns3838
Zilvia Addict

redsuns3838 is a jewel in the roughredsuns3838 is a jewel in the roughredsuns3838 is a jewel in the roughredsuns3838 is a jewel in the roughredsuns3838 is a jewel in the roughredsuns3838 is a jewel in the roughredsuns3838 is a jewel in the roughredsuns3838 is a jewel in the rough
Send a message via AIM to redsuns3838
i have a beat up zenki front. bumper is torn to shreds, fenders have a lotta bumps and dont fit well, and headlights are yellow, corner lights bracket breaking.

that kit that atom posted above makes me want to just stay zenki...but for the most part i like the kouki front more. but there are some occasions where i wonder if i really want to change?
redsuns3838 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2006, 01:14 AM   #175
big_schaf
Zilvia Member

big_schaf is on a distinguished road
id go with the zenki, its just so dam agressive looking
Old 06-28-2006, 12:56 PM   #176
Dunkee
Zilvia Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by atom
So smooth.
I'm not that into drift cars but this is what I'm talking bout...refreshing
Old 06-28-2006, 03:32 PM   #177
statik
Zilvia FREAK!

statik has a reputation beyond reputestatik has a reputation beyond reputestatik has a reputation beyond reputestatik has a reputation beyond reputestatik has a reputation beyond reputestatik has a reputation beyond reputestatik has a reputation beyond reputestatik has a reputation beyond reputestatik has a reputation beyond reputestatik has a reputation beyond reputestatik has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to statik Send a message via MSN to statik
Quote:
Originally Posted by big_schaf
id go with the zenki, its just so dam agressive looking
uhh, I believe you mean kouki... both cars look good, but i wouldnt take a zenki without getting some secksi german style headlights
Old 06-28-2006, 03:39 PM   #178
chmercer
BANNED

chmercer has a reputation beyond reputechmercer has a reputation beyond reputechmercer has a reputation beyond reputechmercer has a reputation beyond reputechmercer has a reputation beyond reputechmercer has a reputation beyond reputechmercer has a reputation beyond reputechmercer has a reputation beyond reputechmercer has a reputation beyond reputechmercer has a reputation beyond reputechmercer has a reputation beyond repute
i had zenki, now i have kouki, i have been on both sides of the fence, kouki is best
chmercer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2006, 03:40 PM   #179
redsuns3838
Zilvia Addict

redsuns3838 is a jewel in the roughredsuns3838 is a jewel in the roughredsuns3838 is a jewel in the roughredsuns3838 is a jewel in the roughredsuns3838 is a jewel in the roughredsuns3838 is a jewel in the roughredsuns3838 is a jewel in the roughredsuns3838 is a jewel in the rough
Send a message via AIM to redsuns3838
i was looking at the kit atom posted and realized that the reason its so agressive isnt really the aero, but the fenders are what really give it the agressive look. i was checking out zenki kits and saw a similar kit to this without the widebody fenders/panels, and it looked decent but not great.
redsuns3838 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2018, 03:18 PM   #180
haulksmash
Leaky Injector

haulksmash is an unknown quantity at this point
what are the differences with interior?

seems like the door panel fabric is different? is this true?

is the zenki fabric inferior quality?
haulksmash is offline   Reply With Quote