Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat

Chat General Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Closed Thread

Old 06-15-2017, 08:00 AM   #1
3puglife

Trader Rating: (0)
3puglife is on the path to ruin3puglife is on the path to ruin
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
s14 tips for getting a 240 as your first car

parents want me in a volvo or a civic or sumthin like that, i want to avoid all that bs and get a 240.

Last edited by 3puglife; 06-15-2017 at 08:30 AM..
Sponsored Links
Old 06-15-2017, 08:03 AM   #2
5280VertDET
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (14)
5280VertDET is a glorious beacon of light5280VertDET is a glorious beacon of light5280VertDET is a glorious beacon of light5280VertDET is a glorious beacon of light5280VertDET is a glorious beacon of light5280VertDET is a glorious beacon of light5280VertDET is a glorious beacon of light5280VertDET is a glorious beacon of light5280VertDET is a glorious beacon of light5280VertDET is a glorious beacon of light5280VertDET is a glorious beacon of light
Feedback Score: 14 reviews
Don't.

Buy civic.

You're parents are right.
Old 06-15-2017, 08:03 AM   #3
tuzzio
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (3)
tuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Step 1. repeatedly punch yourself in the cock.
Old 06-15-2017, 08:04 AM   #4
R3b
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (0)
R3b has a reputation beyond reputeR3b has a reputation beyond reputeR3b has a reputation beyond reputeR3b has a reputation beyond reputeR3b has a reputation beyond reputeR3b has a reputation beyond reputeR3b has a reputation beyond reputeR3b has a reputation beyond reputeR3b has a reputation beyond reputeR3b has a reputation beyond reputeR3b has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
El Oh EL. What a good first post to start my day.
Old 06-15-2017, 09:35 AM   #5
djdryon
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (1)
djdryon has a spectacular aura aboutdjdryon has a spectacular aura aboutdjdryon has a spectacular aura aboutdjdryon has a spectacular aura aboutdjdryon has a spectacular aura aboutdjdryon has a spectacular aura about
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Send a message via ICQ to djdryon Send a message via AIM to djdryon Send a message via MSN to djdryon Send a message via Yahoo to djdryon
How familiar are you with driving? Unless you want your 240 to end up wrapped around a tree, I suggest you get something fwd and manual. Once you can handle handbrake-initiated 60mph 4 wheel drifts, then you can think about going for a 240. Otherwise you risk ruining a dwindling supply of great cars.

If you plan on driving like a grandma, ignore what I said and good luck with the 240

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk
Old 06-15-2017, 09:41 AM   #6
Almighty So
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (12)
Almighty So has a reputation beyond reputeAlmighty So has a reputation beyond reputeAlmighty So has a reputation beyond reputeAlmighty So has a reputation beyond reputeAlmighty So has a reputation beyond reputeAlmighty So has a reputation beyond reputeAlmighty So has a reputation beyond reputeAlmighty So has a reputation beyond reputeAlmighty So has a reputation beyond reputeAlmighty So has a reputation beyond reputeAlmighty So has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 12 reviews
Please refer to applicable steps listed below
Old 06-15-2017, 10:26 AM   #7
onehundredoctane
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (3)
onehundredoctane is close to perfectiononehundredoctane is close to perfectiononehundredoctane is close to perfectiononehundredoctane is close to perfectiononehundredoctane is close to perfectiononehundredoctane is close to perfectiononehundredoctane is close to perfectiononehundredoctane is close to perfectiononehundredoctane is close to perfectiononehundredoctane is close to perfectiononehundredoctane is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Volvo. Safer, more seats, and if you play your cards right. . . there are some turbo models. . .
Old 06-15-2017, 10:49 AM   #8
OutlawLui
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (19)
OutlawLui is a well-known jackass
Feedback Score: 19 reviews
no no no......You're doing it all wrong

First you need to get a Honda..THEN upgrade/downgrade to a 240sx
Old 06-15-2017, 12:10 PM   #9
KiLLeR2001
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (46)
KiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 46 reviews
Remember guys, we can neg rep the shit out of this guy now!
Old 06-15-2017, 12:24 PM   #10
dorkidori_s13
ITS LISA'S FAULT!!!

Trader Rating: (41)
dorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 41 reviews
Ive covered this topic MANY times before... and Ill go ahead and do it again

Assuming since you used the word "parents" in your post, youre probably very young. If that is the case, DO NOT buy a 240sx. 10-12 years ago, you could get away with it... now, not so much. These cars are old, and I mean REALLY old. 25 year old cars are dinosaurs in the automotive world. You dont make the sort of income needed to buy one of these cars, clean it up and make it into something reliable. The majority of whats out there is beat to shit, in need of major overhauls regarding suspension, motor, interior and exterior work aaaaaaaaand owning one of these cars now is a huge financial burden that unless you are well into your career and can handle restoring a car from scratch, you are gonna hate life!

Your best bet if you want an entry level RWD coupe is to go buy an FRS/BRZ. Theyre clean, they have millions of different mods, theyre RELIABLE, theyre fun to drive, they look good and theyre not restoration projects that will eat your entire life!

Finish HS if you havent already, go to college, get establish in your career, make good money, buy a house... THEN buy a 240sx because until you can afford to drop $2000 here and $3000 there on parts and install them yourself, owning and rebuilding/restoring a 240sx is NOT for you. Trust me, Ive been building S13s for 15 years now. Im on my 5th S13 and this is the LAST 240sx I ever plan on owning! If I buy another s-chassis, it will be a low mileage S15 Silvia when they become available. Thing is, Im 35 and I can AFFORD to own toys now... youre just getting started in life and owning a drift car when youre young is a huge mistake (I made the same mistake, but 240s were in much BETTER condition back then)

Im gonna go ahead and lock this thread now given posts like the OP's basically just kick up a hornets nest of shit talking.

Check out my IG for what I'm up to! DORKIDORI INSTAGRAM!!!
Closed Thread