Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat > Builds (and builds only)

Builds (and builds only) Got a build thread? It goes here, build threads anywhere else on the forum will be locked and never moved.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-05-2012, 09:34 PM   #1
garagelu
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (60)
garagelu is on a distinguished road
Feedback Score: 60 reviews
Life and Times of Garagelu: S15 Build in the Dirty South

So I've been procrastinating and been planning on putting up a fresh build thread for this S15 that I bought back in June. So here it is, because I'm changing up a few things for the 2012 season. Hate it or love it...here it is.

Back in 05 I started out with this car.

And almost 7 years later, I turned it into this. Fun 400 hp, reliable, great handling car.

I always told everyone that I'd keep this car forever. I mean come on...I was the second owner of the car, 1st owner was a middle aged lady, and it was a unmolested s14. 7 years of blood and sweat, 7 years of memories, and 7 years of love is hard to let go.

But on March 20, 2011 I was browsing zilvia on my lunch break like I do every day and I see this s15 in the for sale section. I look at it and it's almost too good to be true. It was kind of funny because people were bashing the seller saying he is trying to scam someone. But come on, you'd be stupid to wire that kind of money without seeing the car. I immediately call the owner and after several emails and phone calls, I decide to buy this beautiful car. So fast forward about 3 months later I am the proud owner of my dream car... 2001 Nissan Silvia Spec R.

Here is a condensed version of what's been happening since I bought the car.

Step 1: I had to get rid of those hideous Advan SA3R on the car. Fortunately I had a set of Volk GTU that I had bought for my s14 but never had a chance to put them on. BTW, GTUs are one of my top favorite wheels.

Step 2: The wheel gap was wack so I needed to do something quick. The car sat on Ohlins struts and Espelir springs. The car handled amazing for a strut and spring setup but it had to go. I wanted something comfortable and performance oriented at the same time. I decided on HKS Hipermax 3 coilovers. Right after I purchased these, HKS USA closed down and moved back to Japan. Not a big fan of that so not sure how many HKS products I'll be buying in the future.

Step 3: Got rid of the nismo exhaust. Nismo is nice and all but it was only 2.5 inch piping. I am a huge fan of JIC Magic exhausts so I bought a JIC bullet exhaust straight from Jon at JIC. Slip fit construction and beautiful welding.

Stay tuned for the life and times of this S15!!! And finally, check out my recent feature on canibeat. Shout out to my boy Jordan Chronister. He does awesome work. Also check out his site called drivenmotive.

Storyteller: Kevin Lu's Nissan Silvia | Canibeat
garagelu is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links