Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > Marketplace > Advertiser Specials and Sales > Suspension

Old 08-29-2012, 06:55 PM   #1
DC Dan MAX USA
Zilvia.net Advertiser

Trader Rating: (79)
DC Dan MAX USA has a reputation beyond reputeDC Dan MAX USA has a reputation beyond reputeDC Dan MAX USA has a reputation beyond reputeDC Dan MAX USA has a reputation beyond reputeDC Dan MAX USA has a reputation beyond reputeDC Dan MAX USA has a reputation beyond reputeDC Dan MAX USA has a reputation beyond reputeDC Dan MAX USA has a reputation beyond reputeDC Dan MAX USA has a reputation beyond reputeDC Dan MAX USA has a reputation beyond reputeDC Dan MAX USA has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 79 reviews
Parts Shop MAX

Translation by Martin:
[main title] – (all new) Arm Brand, MAX
Everything about these parts is designed for people who actually want to drive and drift super slammed cars!
[cloud] – We support SHAKOTAN (slammed cars)
[text inset on the large picture] – In the past arms were all similar looking, without variation besides color and more recently we were aware of 326 power doing something different, but this new release of MAX parts developed mostly in California has been found in Shizuoka, Japan and they are true originals!
[main body] – When we first pulled up to Parts Shop MAX, we were expecting one of those importing/internet sales warehouses, but we realized this is a big automotive service shop with body & paint services, and even an engine tuning dyno. The owner Kawamori San works each and every type of service the shop provides, but his strength is in performance tuning. Don’t be afraid to ask him for any services you may need weather its for your drift car or even your work truck.
This shop has been around for years, so we are sorry we never came by to do a review. Kawamori San actually makes his living mainly from his specialty drift parts business. The new suspension parts design was founded on the desire to offer a low car the same smooth suspension stroke, performance, and longevity/reliability as a normal car. Best of all, these original parts are available at a price everyone can afford. They have a sister shop, Parts Shop MAX USA as well as a new branch in New Zealand.
The arms they showed me don’t look like anything I’ve ever seen. The lock nut design, The size of the pillowball and housing, anyone can take one look at this and know they are original parts. A concept point that is stressed in everything Parts Shop MAX does, is when you go to the track and break something it just ruins your day, so the overbuilt nature of these parts really helps with the typical problems that low cars have from going off course. Amazingly, they even warranty their pillowball against coming loose! Kawamori San is confident it will last for years without needing replaced. Lately its so hard to find something new, that’s why its so refreshing for us to discover these innovative parts!
[the product photo captions explain the features, this is not translated directly but I will give you a quick run down] - The MAX pro toe rod is made to clear the sub frame mount on lowered cars and its adjuster is easily accessed instead of being between the sub frame tabs like other arms that are so hard to tighten.
The camber arm has a special angle that not only helps clear the near by chassis pinch weld, but its bend is also upswept to clear the axle boot. Every part is heavy gauge steel with all forged critical components and every adjustment can be locked in place so it never comes loose. The pillowball is pressed into a forged steel housing using a special bearing retainer compound, set screws, and sometimes locking collars depending on the application. Silicone dust covers protect and extend the life of the maintenance free ptfe lined joints and the special pillowball side spacers allow for misalignment angle while giving max surface area for subframe mounting strength.
The front lower control arm and tension rod have been combined for strength and the mounting position of the new tension rod allows for more steering angle clearance.
The replacement rear drop knuckles improve roll center by 25mm for better handling and traction with less camber gain upon compression. When joined with the MAX subframe solid riser bushings, the best performance and axle joint life can be realized. Toe, traction, and RUCA mounts are all pillowball on the rear knuckle. There are even tabs for mounting a second caliper to compliment the MAX hydraulic hand brake.
VIEW CART

UPDATE - NEW PARTS JUST ARRIVED:
Parts Shop MAX spherical bearing CrMo S14 inner tie rods
$80 - add to cart

We are proud to release this very unique part!
First a warning. The downside of the spherical bearing or pillowball joint is that it cant be used on OEM type strut and spring because the range of motion is 30 degrees, thats about half of the OEM tie rod range. The OEM suspension has tons of down travel which is where the tie rod needs to have a lot of droop. Some Coilovers like KW that are not full tap coilovers have a lot of droop too, like stock, but for almost everyone whose coilovers have 50% or less travel than stock suspension, this is no problem at all!
This joint range of motion has nothing to do with steering angle because the tie rod joint hardly moves while pushing the knuckles steering arm, most of the joint motion is from suspension compression and droop.
The limited range of motion actually allows us to beef up the skinniest part of the tie rod, its 50% thicker near the edge of the ball housing. Because S13 Spec is only 12mm thread, we only offer this in S14 spec which is M14 1.5 thread. The thread that attaches to the tie rod end is 20mm longer than stock. The thread that goes into the rack is 7mm longer then stock. We have moved the typical hex position from the middle of the rod where forces can focus on the sharp edges of the hex to bend and crack under stress to a larger 20mm DIA section near the boot retainer. The star of the show here is the precision teflon lined maintenance free spherical bearing that replaces the OEM style plastic lined joint used in every other tie rod on the market today. This allows way more joint strength and a more direct steering feel. The extended length is a perfect compliment to our FLCA and Super steering angle knuckles, but the length may need to be cut down if used with standard knuckles and lower control arms.

~ Teflon lined spherical bearing joint
~ 7mm built in rack spacer for increased steering angle
~ 7mm longer rack threads
~ 20mm longer threads on the tie rod end
~ Black electro coating with gold plated lock ring
~ CrMo rod material

UPDATE! BACK IN STOCK:
S13-S14 SFR Sub Frame Riser solid subframe bushing replacement (improves response, roll center, axle joint angle)
$100 - add to cart

S13-S14 SAK-PRO Super Angle Knuckle modification (60 degrees angle and 40mm roll center)
$400 knuckle mod, $100 OEM FLCA mod - add to cart

S13-S14 SREB Steering Rack Eccentric Bushing (Lower Ackerman, Improve steering lock feel, steering response on low caster settings)
$60 - add to cart

S13-S14 Offset Tie Rod to Rack Spacer (Lower ackerman & Improve steering lock feel on High caster settings only at the expense of some rack life, not for use with SREB)
$100 - add to cart

S13-S14 FLCA Front Lower Control Arm and Tension Rod combo (camber, caster, track width)
$550 - add to cart

S13-S14 Tension Rod (caster)
$220 - add to cart

S13-S14 Rear Knuckle (25mm roll center, Dual caliper mounts, Spherical bearings)
$400 - add to cart to pre-order, 2 month wait

S13-S14 RLCA Rear Lower Control Arm (camber, track width)
$550 - add to cart

S13-S14 RUCA Rear Upper Control Arm (camber)
$250 - add to cart

S13-S14 Traction Rod
$200 - add to cart

S13-S14 Toe Rod
$250 - add to cart

S13 Competition Coilovers
$1000 - add to cart

S14 Competition Coilovers
$1000 - add to cart

S14 Pro Coilovers (adds SLL Super Light Linear springs, rear lower spherical bearing, caster adjustment to Comp coilover spec) S13&S14 Pro is back in stock 11-7-2012.
$1350 - add to cart

VIEW CART
How To order: You can order directly from our zilvia advertiser threads. When you add to cart, you get an instant shipping estimate, & the cart will remember all of your items as you move between forum threads and our website www.poweredbymax.net until you remove them or check out. I can also calculate estimates manually for you but the cart's estimates are way faster and more accurate.
Order Inquiry: IM me your real name and paypal address.
Thanks for your business!

Last edited by DC Dan MAX USA; 10-05-2012 at 04:09 PM..
DC Dan MAX USA is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 08-29-2012, 07:05 PM   #2
roboticnissan
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (12)
roboticnissan is making a name for him/her selfroboticnissan is making a name for him/her selfroboticnissan is making a name for him/her self
Feedback Score: 12 reviews
Wheres the rear s13 uprights!!!!
Old 08-29-2012, 07:27 PM   #3
DC Dan MAX USA
Zilvia.net Advertiser

DC Dan MAX USA has a reputation beyond reputeDC Dan MAX USA has a reputation beyond reputeDC Dan MAX USA has a reputation beyond reputeDC Dan MAX USA has a reputation beyond reputeDC Dan MAX USA has a reputation beyond reputeDC Dan MAX USA has a reputation beyond reputeDC Dan MAX USA has a reputation beyond reputeDC Dan MAX USA has a reputation beyond reputeDC Dan MAX USA has a reputation beyond reputeDC Dan MAX USA has a reputation beyond reputeDC Dan MAX USA has a reputation beyond repute
Out of stock on that for a couple months. Maybe October, dont have the exact date yet.
I'll put them up there, its open for pre-order.
How To order: You can order directly from our zilvia advertiser threads. When you add to cart, you get an instant shipping estimate, & the cart will remember all of your items as you move between forum threads and our website www.poweredbymax.net until you remove them or check out. I can also calculate estimates manually for you but the cart's estimates are way faster and more accurate.
Old 08-29-2012, 08:15 PM   #4
qwerth
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (25)
qwerth is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 25 reviews
Just saw that issue at my local mitsuwa awesome stuff!
Old 08-29-2012, 08:37 PM   #5
Javi802
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (10)
Javi802 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
hey dan, will the sparco seat base and track set work with y'alls bucket seats?

Either way i cant wait to own a pair
Javi802 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2012, 09:08 PM   #6
BlitzRPS13
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (3)
BlitzRPS13 has a little shameless behavior in the past
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
98 Lexus gs300 vip coilovers? Price and are they comfortable enough for broken streets and highways?
BlitzRPS13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2012, 09:25 PM   #7
ILoveMyRHS13
Post Whore!

ILoveMyRHS13 is close to perfectionILoveMyRHS13 is close to perfectionILoveMyRHS13 is close to perfectionILoveMyRHS13 is close to perfectionILoveMyRHS13 is close to perfectionILoveMyRHS13 is close to perfectionILoveMyRHS13 is close to perfectionILoveMyRHS13 is close to perfectionILoveMyRHS13 is close to perfectionILoveMyRHS13 is close to perfectionILoveMyRHS13 is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to ILoveMyRHS13
I think maybe you guys should do a video on how to install the SREB. They are a pain in the ass to figure out. :/
ILoveMyRHS13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2012, 12:42 AM   #8
DC Dan MAX USA
Zilvia.net Advertiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Javi802 View Post
hey dan, will the sparco seat base and track set work with y'alls bucket seats?

Either way i cant wait to own a pair
its the bride side mount pattern.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlitzRPS13 View Post
98 Lexus gs300 vip coilovers? Price and are they comfortable enough for broken streets and highways?
they are $1250 very smooth
Quote:
Originally Posted by ILoveMyRHS13 View Post
I think maybe you guys should do a video on how to install the SREB. They are a pain in the ass to figure out. :/
did you see the MAX forum install shots? do you have the S13 version?
Old 08-30-2012, 09:21 AM   #9
Bushido
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (10)
Bushido is close to perfectionBushido is close to perfectionBushido is close to perfectionBushido is close to perfectionBushido is close to perfectionBushido is close to perfectionBushido is close to perfectionBushido is close to perfectionBushido is close to perfectionBushido is close to perfectionBushido is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
can i keep my 4 lug hubs on my s13 if i go with the super angle knuckles?
Old 08-30-2012, 09:26 AM   #10
VAs13
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (28)
VAs13 has a brilliant futureVAs13 has a brilliant futureVAs13 has a brilliant futureVAs13 has a brilliant futureVAs13 has a brilliant futureVAs13 has a brilliant futureVAs13 has a brilliant futureVAs13 has a brilliant futureVAs13 has a brilliant futureVAs13 has a brilliant futureVAs13 has a brilliant future
Feedback Score: 28 reviews
been debating on doing full PSM suspension on my current build and this might have sealed the deal for me. (GT-1 + Koguchi Power + RB26 and now psm)
VAs13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2012, 10:55 AM   #11
Driftn_MnSTrr

Trader Rating: (0)
Driftn_MnSTrr is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Interested in developing coilovers for a 2001 Infiniti i30 ???
My VIP aspirations require better coils than whats currently available (a33 chassis) ... Thnks
Old 08-30-2012, 11:28 AM   #12
DC Dan MAX USA
Zilvia.net Advertiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bushido View Post
can i keep my 4 lug hubs on my s13 if i go with the super angle knuckles?
yes. we work on your knuckle, so its the same parts going back in the car, a sure fit
Quote:
Originally Posted by VAs13 View Post
been debating on doing full PSM suspension on my current build and this might have sealed the deal for me. (GT-1 + Koguchi Power + RB26 and now psm)
thx!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Driftn_MnSTrr View Post
Interested in developing coilovers for a 2001 Infiniti i30 ???
My VIP aspirations require better coils than whats currently available (a33 chassis) ... Thnks
ive never had a request for that. Is the suspension the same or similar to other cars we already service?
Old 08-30-2012, 12:01 PM   #13
chino38
Zilvia Member

chino38 is an unknown quantity at this point
this is convincing me to getting my whole suspension PBM for my vert
chino38 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2012, 01:43 PM   #14
dontxploitme
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (27)
dontxploitme is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 27 reviews
already have the comp coilovers and they're great. i've only felt about 5 different brands of coils: megan, godspeed, silk road, hks, and pbm coils. the pbm is easily up there with the hks at half the price. gonna swap out all of my arms for pbm arms next. to start my real build. can't wait.
dontxploitme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2012, 01:44 PM   #15
slider2828
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (13)
slider2828 is close to perfectionslider2828 is close to perfectionslider2828 is close to perfectionslider2828 is close to perfectionslider2828 is close to perfectionslider2828 is close to perfectionslider2828 is close to perfectionslider2828 is close to perfectionslider2828 is close to perfectionslider2828 is close to perfectionslider2828 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 13 reviews
I can't wait till after my wedding... Geez.... Full PBM F/RLCA and knuckles all around....

Do you guys need some Norcal Rep up here?
Old 08-30-2012, 02:07 PM   #16
Renelovesnike
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (30)
Renelovesnike is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 30 reviews
Any plans on solid diff bushings?
Renelovesnike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2012, 02:20 PM   #17
ETHANOLED SR
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (33)
ETHANOLED SR is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 33 reviews
I'm loving the copper and gold colors. I might run these in the future on my coupe. Good looking parts!
ETHANOLED SR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2012, 03:03 PM   #18
tricky_ab
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (23)
tricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 23 reviews
I was pumped to see your parts in Drift Tengoku when my copy arrived. It's also nice to see parts listed in the latest Hyper Rev mook!

I need to grab a set of RLCA from you guys soon!
tricky_ab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2012, 05:46 PM   #19
DC Dan MAX USA
Zilvia.net Advertiser

We were super Hyped on the DT editorial. I have not even seen the hyper rev, which one? newest silvia 13 or 14? Solid S14 diff bushings, I guess there is no reason not to make that if we are gonna be a one stop shop for S chassis = ) thanks for reminding.
Old 08-30-2012, 11:41 PM   #20
kasted
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (2)
kasted is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Woot, glad you guys are in SD. Congrats....
Old 08-31-2012, 01:04 AM   #21
Dmonkey

Dmonkey is an unknown quantity at this point
Saw this in the last issue of Drift Tengoku. Looked really good, one question. How does this stuff hold up to corrosion? Over in Okinawa things rust very quickly. I noticed that these pillowballs have some sort of plastic cover. I really am interested in doing the entire 180 in PBM. I just don't was it to turn to powder before I get back to the US.
Dmonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2012, 11:43 AM   #22
DC Dan MAX USA
Zilvia.net Advertiser

On the pillowballs that dont have some sort of locking collar in the way, there is a silicone dust cover that seals on the housing and a notch in the bell shaped bearing side spacer. Dust cover or not, they are PTFE lined, maintenance free. The parts are real copper plated and clear coated. Still, if you live in an area thats known for the weather destroying parts, you need to take everything apart and "winterize" it & re-assemble every year to make sure that your adjusters remain adjustable just like any other brand of aftermarket parts.
Old 08-31-2012, 05:44 PM   #23
speedracer5
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (24)
speedracer5 is on the path to ruinspeedracer5 is on the path to ruin
Feedback Score: 24 reviews
do a arms package deal already
Old 09-02-2012, 08:41 AM   #24
sarhd
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (4)
sarhd is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Have the competition coilovers for a 88 fc? If so how much shipped to 78237
sarhd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2012, 03:12 PM   #25
DC Dan MAX USA
Zilvia.net Advertiser

we never do any sales gimmick deals.

FC coilovers in stock, add to cart on POWERED BY MAX for an instant quote
Old 09-02-2012, 10:31 PM   #26
sarhd
Zilvia Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by DC Dan MAX USA View Post
we never do any sales gimmick deals.

FC coilovers in stock, add to cart on POWERED BY MAX for an instant quote
In stock in the US location?? Cause was thinking of using the priority mail shipping. Also what type of warranty do they have

Last edited by sarhd; 09-02-2012 at 11:43 PM..
Old 09-03-2012, 01:19 PM   #27
DC Dan MAX USA
Zilvia.net Advertiser

Correct, in stock in the USA. Texas is 3 days with ground shipping not including labor day. They have a warranty against manufacturers defect. Wear and tear items that you may consider replacing around 6 years from now is a replacement damper ~ $100ea and pillowball ~ $20ea.
Old 09-03-2012, 01:31 PM   #28
sarhd
Zilvia Junkie

Cool so just save on priority shipping n go ground cause whats an extra day. So is it the same waranty as the pros
Old 09-03-2012, 06:37 PM   #29
ILoveMyRHS13
Post Whore!

ILoveMyRHS13 is close to perfectionILoveMyRHS13 is close to perfectionILoveMyRHS13 is close to perfectionILoveMyRHS13 is close to perfectionILoveMyRHS13 is close to perfectionILoveMyRHS13 is close to perfectionILoveMyRHS13 is close to perfectionILoveMyRHS13 is close to perfectionILoveMyRHS13 is close to perfectionILoveMyRHS13 is close to perfectionILoveMyRHS13 is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to ILoveMyRHS13
Quote:
Originally Posted by DC Dan MAX USA View Post
did you see the MAX forum install shots? do you have the S13 version?
Yeah, I saw them but the bolts don't appear to be long enough? I can't get both bolts through far enough even to start threading.
ILoveMyRHS13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2012, 12:40 PM   #30
DC Dan MAX USA
Zilvia.net Advertiser

maybe there is something different about your bolts...however if you did have the S14 ones, this would be the problem because the bushing wouldnt sit down all the way against the rack. 13 and 14 have different rack diameters. S14 version has more material, the slimmest portion of the bushing for the round side of the rack is about 2mm on the S13 and its about 3mm on s14.