Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat

Chat General Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 03-28-2014, 01:25 PM   #151
japslapsilvia
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (12)
japslapsilvia is a jewel in the roughjapslapsilvia is a jewel in the roughjapslapsilvia is a jewel in the roughjapslapsilvia is a jewel in the roughjapslapsilvia is a jewel in the roughjapslapsilvia is a jewel in the roughjapslapsilvia is a jewel in the rough
Feedback Score: 12 reviews
I am thinking about doing this conversions and have a few questions. So if I was to use the P11 head, in order to use a DET ecu (PFC) I would need to run the p12 CAS, and use AEM/Denso pencil coils?
Can I use Splitfire coils instead?
OR
Would it be better to just use the Hall Effect sensor and a “full stand-alone”?

TIA

Quote:
Originally Posted by jspecusa View Post

Nothing is rare just expensive.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ixfxi View Post
if you've ever been with multiple women, then even you can understand that not all girlfriends are created equal. some are capable of amazing oral talents, while others dont mind a lill back door action.
japslapsilvia is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-28-2014, 01:31 PM   #152
TEALSQUEAL
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (6)
TEALSQUEAL is making a name for him/her selfTEALSQUEAL is making a name for him/her self
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by japslapsilvia View Post
I am thinking about doing this conversions and have a few questions. So if I was to use the P11 head, in order to use a DET ecu (PFC) I would need to run the p12 CAS, and use AEM/Denso pencil coils?
OR

TIA
I'm pro standalone. Also don't waste money on aem coils when you can get a full set of denso coils for $50
TEALSQUEAL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2014, 04:38 PM   #153
rbs14kouki
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (1)
rbs14kouki is a name known to allrbs14kouki is a name known to allrbs14kouki is a name known to allrbs14kouki is a name known to allrbs14kouki is a name known to allrbs14kouki is a name known to allrbs14kouki is a name known to allrbs14kouki is a name known to allrbs14kouki is a name known to allrbs14kouki is a name known to allrbs14kouki is a name known to all
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Quote:
OR

TIA
Run the p12 cas , your splitfire will work but they wont be bolt-on in the p11 valve cover !! But on a p12 cover its bolt-on

If you wana run pencil coil , you will need a aem twin fire or similar like a m&w ... otherwise you wont have enough spark for more then 15psi (thats what my tuner told me)

As for the power-fc it will work but you will need a window switch for the vvl activation if im not mistaken ! Im not an expert with rom tune / power fc set-up

Built thread sr20vet s14
http://zilvia.net/f/showthread.php?t=535574
rbs14kouki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2014, 04:40 PM   #154
rbs14kouki
Zilvia Addict

rbs14kouki is a name known to allrbs14kouki is a name known to allrbs14kouki is a name known to allrbs14kouki is a name known to allrbs14kouki is a name known to allrbs14kouki is a name known to allrbs14kouki is a name known to allrbs14kouki is a name known to allrbs14kouki is a name known to allrbs14kouki is a name known to allrbs14kouki is a name known to all
As for the water line Teal was asking about ! I run the mazworx water neck / heater hose kit

https://www.mazworx.com/product/vvlv...eckheater-hose

Built thread sr20vet s14
Old 04-01-2014, 08:05 AM   #155
venom2034
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (10)
venom2034 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
It seems that everyone that does vvl goes all out on the setup, meaning upgraded everything. Is it not possible to use a stock sr block, or is it that it can't keep up with the power the head can make. I'm not looking to make crazy power, but would like the benefits of the vvl swap.
venom2034 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2014, 10:20 AM   #156
jr_ss
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (35)
jr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 35 reviews
Send a message via AIM to jr_ss
There are some things you can't avoid purchasing. DET bottomends limit you to P11 cams only. Some people want more out of their setups and they go big. You can just swap heads and necessary parts, tune and go though.
Old 04-01-2014, 05:45 PM   #157
Ramonesfreak2010
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (11)
Ramonesfreak2010 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 11 reviews
VE pistons all the way.
Ramonesfreak2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2014, 07:14 PM   #158
rbs14kouki
Zilvia Addict

Like jr-ss said ! Stock det pistons will work but p11 cams only nothing bigger !

I just pulled my brother sr out of is s14 ! Stock bottom end that was refresh with built head , precision 4828 and suporting mod

(Never ran after the rebuilt) Did about 6 pull on the dyno tuning the car (at around 10psi) it started to do blowby like mother fucker

We Did a leak down test and 90% leak on 1 and 4 ... 2 and 3 : 0% leak

Took everything appart to find out the ring land on 1 and 4 is cracked (stock pistons have there limit i guess or its just bad luck)

Lucky us , no damage to the cylinder walls

Built thread sr20vet s14
Old 04-03-2014, 01:28 AM   #159
RedSled
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (3)
RedSled is making his/her stupidity well-knownRedSled is making his/her stupidity well-knownRedSled is making his/her stupidity well-knownRedSled is making his/her stupidity well-knownRedSled is making his/her stupidity well-known
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
can you use an s14/15 block without plugging the vtc oil supply on top of the block ?
i've searched and found out that a couple guys using an s13sr20det head didnt plug it cause there is only a pressure of 10psi to 15psi coming out from that oil supply due to there being a restricter and once you mate your head onto the block with your headgasket ,it seals it completely ,what are your thoughts on that ?
RedSled is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2014, 08:27 AM   #160
rbs14kouki
Zilvia Addict

I didnt took a chance on my set-up ! Plug the vtc up front with a 1/4npt fitting it i remember right and the drain in the back with the mazworx plug that was in my conversion kit !

I did it to have a peace of mind !? Why not do it the head is of anyway .

And If you run a s14 blck you will need to drill and tap a hole to bolt the oil pump ! There is only one missing top left of the pump right over the water pump

Built thread sr20vet s14
Old 04-03-2014, 09:42 AM   #161
TEALSQUEAL
Zilvia Junkie

TEALSQUEAL is making a name for him/her selfTEALSQUEAL is making a name for him/her self
Everyone builds because if you're willing to invest in the swap you should have the money for a built block.
Old 04-05-2014, 09:19 PM   #162
TEALSQUEAL
Zilvia Junkie

Who has dyno numbers in here?
Old 04-05-2014, 10:15 PM   #163
Drift_FX
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (3)
Drift_FX is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by rbs14kouki View Post
Run the p12 cas , your splitfire will work but they wont be bolt-on in the p11 valve cover !! But on a p12 cover its bolt-on

If you wana run pencil coil , you will need a aem twin fire or similar like a m&w ... otherwise you wont have enough spark for more then 15psi (thats what my tuner told me)

As for the power-fc it will work but you will need a window switch for the vvl activation if im not mistaken ! Im not an expert with rom tune / power fc set-up
Quote:
OR

TIA

you cannot use spitfire coils on these heads, they are not long enough...,
Drift_FX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2014, 03:31 PM   #164
soundboy
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (0)
soundboy is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Go with ls coils and custom plug wires.

Sent from my GT-P3110 using Tapatalk
soundboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2014, 09:12 PM   #165
PerilousActs
Zilvia Junkie

PerilousActs is an unknown quantity at this point
I've seen people using 1zz-fe coils as well.
PerilousActs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2014, 09:53 PM   #166
Matej
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (39)
Matej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 39 reviews
S15 coils are a direct fit. So are the 20V VE coils. They may actually be the same part number.

Here are others that work:
http://www.sr20-forum.com/tuning/260...wd-engine.html
Matej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2014, 06:07 AM   #167
TEALSQUEAL
Zilvia Junkie

So I cleaned and cleaned and cleaned my valve cover, but I felt there was still gunk underneath the baffling...

So now I'm cleaning, resealing, and tapping/screwing down the baffling. I'll have more pictures when finished. I plan to use some pan head or flush mount screws.
Old 04-11-2014, 11:15 AM   #168
TEALSQUEAL
Zilvia Junkie

30+ drill and taps later...

Old 04-15-2014, 11:29 PM   #169
rbs14kouki
Zilvia Addict

Time for a good catch can set-up to keep those fume away ! Im happy i bought a new cover now hahahahaha

Built thread sr20vet s14
Old 04-16-2014, 02:35 PM   #170
TEALSQUEAL
Zilvia Junkie

I thought about a new cover, but then I figured I could put the $300+ to better use and use 2 hrs of my time and $3 in hardware. It was really easy and worth it. It definitely makes you rethink just blocking off the back outlet on the driver side though.
Old 04-16-2014, 03:12 PM   #171
Matej
Post Whore!

Matej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfection
Blocking it is a bad idea. If the valve cover looked like that, the motor definitely suffered from something more severe than regular crankcase blow-by.
Old 04-16-2014, 08:33 PM   #172
TEALSQUEAL
Zilvia Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matej View Post
Blocking it is a bad idea. If the valve cover looked like that, the motor definitely suffered from something more severe than regular crankcase blow-by.
The valve guides were shot, so I did the supertech bronze guides and had the pentle height matched to original height when doing the valve job so I would have to do too much crazy shimming. I need to swap in some degree able cam gears so I can make up for the head and block refinish/decking. You'd be surprised how man valve covers I've opened the baffling of and it looking like that inside. Standard dinosaur is not something that is for "longevity".
Old 05-08-2014, 01:11 PM   #173
Ramonesfreak2010
Zilvia Addict

Old 05-15-2014, 06:23 PM   #174
Ramonesfreak2010
Zilvia Addict

Can anyone confirm if the timing marks in the SR20DET FSM are the same as the VE head?
Old 05-15-2014, 06:52 PM   #175
jr_ss
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (35)
jr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 35 reviews
Send a message via AIM to jr_ss
Match the timing marks up on the sprockets and crank gear. TDC is no longer in the correct spot using the VE oil pump with the RWD pulley though.

Old 05-16-2014, 10:23 AM   #176
Ramonesfreak2010
Zilvia Addict

Thanks. I need to buy that taarks relocation piece. I got it squared away.
Old 05-16-2014, 07:31 PM   #177
rbs14kouki
Zilvia Addict

My tuner just did a other ve last week and he's tuning one right now

Last week
Sr22vet
91mm pistons
Darton sleeve
precision 5558 ar. ? (Next turbo for mid season is a 6262)
Kelford 184-st
Fuel e-85

530whp / 430 lbs @ 24psi

Built thread sr20vet s14
Old 05-21-2014, 11:19 AM   #178
Matej
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramonesfreak2010 View Post
Thanks. I need to buy that taarks relocation piece. I got it squared away.
No matter what pulley you use, you can just mark it directly above the slot for the key way. On any Nissan motor (at least on SR's and KA's), to get it at TDC, it does not really matter where the timing marks are, all you have to do is get the key way on the crank to point straight up vertically.

Old 06-01-2014, 09:11 PM   #179
simmode1
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (0)
simmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Send a message via Yahoo to simmode1
Hey guys, I woke up this morning wondering: "Hmm... Does anybody make a RWD SR20VET crate motor?" Anybody know? I googled & only found the det Tomei engines.
simmode1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2014, 09:18 PM   #180
rbs14kouki
Zilvia Addict

Just go see Mazworx !

Built thread sr20vet s14