Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Tech Talk

Tech Talk Technical Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 05-25-2013, 02:39 PM   #601
AJZax
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (3)
AJZax is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
danggg this thing's pretty sweet

I'm diggin this turbo. Price is pretty steep but seems fairly worth it. It's like the tomei m82 turbo but T28 response! haha.
Sponsored Links
Old 06-27-2013, 03:15 PM   #602
koukistylejdm
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (2)
koukistylejdm is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 2 reviews

thats comming along pics of it mounted soon its getting tuned tomorow on high boost+ race fuel mmmmm lets see how it works on the sr should be dynoed in a few weeks rrrrr
koukistylejdm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2013, 03:47 PM   #603
801nismo104
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (8)
801nismo104 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
please keep us posted! ill be dynoing mine in a few weeks aswell on 104 octane
801nismo104 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2013, 07:43 PM   #604
cotbu
Post Whore!

cotbu is just really nicecotbu is just really nicecotbu is just really nicecotbu is just really nicecotbu is just really nicecotbu is just really nicecotbu is just really nicecotbu is just really nicecotbu is just really nicecotbu is just really nice
A few weeks would be a month, so is 3 weeks too soon for results?!!!

Sent from a Highly Tuned SIII using Tapatalk HD

LoverTechnologies "Half Broken Things!"
cotbu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2013, 08:03 PM   #605
codyace
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (58)
codyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 58 reviews
Send a message via AIM to codyace
Had another track day this past weekend with the setup, and I can 100% say that the 2867 works MUCH better on track than the 2871r (which was no slouch!)

What a great turbo all around, I love it!

Want Air Conditioning in your SR20 Swapped car? Check out www.sr20acbrackets.com for more information!

Quest Alternator Conversions for SR20! Check my Group Buy!

Tired of lousy internal gates? Go external wastegate with one of my manifolds, Check out my group buy
codyace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2013, 09:02 PM   #606
navans14
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (5)
navans14 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by codyace View Post
Had another track day this past weekend with the setup, and I can 100% say that the 2867 works MUCH better on track than the 2871r (which was no slouch!)

What a great turbo all around, I love it!
I thought you were running a Gtx
navans14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2013, 09:05 PM   #607
slideways2004
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (6)
slideways2004 will become famous soon enoughslideways2004 will become famous soon enoughslideways2004 will become famous soon enoughslideways2004 will become famous soon enough
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
Send a message via AIM to slideways2004
Quote:
Originally Posted by navans14 View Post
He is. gtx2867
slideways2004 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2013, 09:06 PM   #608
unijabnx2000
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (0)
unijabnx2000 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
unijabnx2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2013, 09:41 PM   #609
codyace
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (58)
codyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 58 reviews
Send a message via AIM to codyace
Quote:
As stated above, GTX2867, .64 exhaust housing.

It really is faster on track, much better back into boost.

Want Air Conditioning in your SR20 Swapped car? Check out www.sr20acbrackets.com for more information!

Quest Alternator Conversions for SR20! Check my Group Buy!

Tired of lousy internal gates? Go external wastegate with one of my manifolds, Check out my group buy
codyace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2013, 10:12 PM   #610
boost addict
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (12)
boost addict is making a name for him/her selfboost addict is making a name for him/her self
Feedback Score: 12 reviews
Would there be any disadvantage of running a turbo this size with a t3 turbine housing? Im looking at the gtx2863r and dont want to have to change the dp, IC piping, intake, mani, ect that I have for my current setup.
boost addict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2013, 12:56 AM   #611
gotta240
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (21)
gotta240 is close to perfectiongotta240 is close to perfectiongotta240 is close to perfectiongotta240 is close to perfectiongotta240 is close to perfectiongotta240 is close to perfectiongotta240 is close to perfectiongotta240 is close to perfectiongotta240 is close to perfectiongotta240 is close to perfectiongotta240 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 21 reviews
This isn't exactly the best place for this question, but....... there's a few dudes in here that I really trust taking advice from AND I do have the gtx2867

Running an Apexi PFC. I purchased the MAF version of it but haven't used it yet. The MAF placement on my setup is a annoying. Is there any advantage/disadvantage of going with the MAP version of the PFC? I could easily trade or sell and rebuy the MAP version if there is a benefit.

and if it matters..... I only went with the PFC so I could have a simple standalone that would allow a street tune on pump gas and a track tune on e85 or racegas. Otherwise I would have done the JWT ecu to idiotproof my setup. I'm a firm believer in the CODYACE seutp(ie: simple=better)
gotta240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2013, 01:11 AM   #612
Kingtal0n
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (17)
Kingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 17 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Kingtal0n
If you dont mind having a maf sensor, then use the maf power FC. The only time you want a map sensor based ECU is when you must delete the maf sensor for whatever reason (exceed the capacity / clean up engine bay). In the long run the maf will treat you better. A Map ecu is much more time consuming to tune. And by MAP I mean the base map- you must use the data-logit to access the base map. A Standard D-jetro PFC with commander cannot adjust the base map all you can adjust is the % VE table which is a completely different thing.

Although I must say I enjoy tuning a map based ECU.
Learning the VE table for an engine and getting a feel for the combination usually gives a better feeling of satisfaction at the end of the day, you learn more that way.
Old 07-18-2013, 10:08 AM   #613
koukistylejdm
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (2)
koukistylejdm is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
so it seems like ill hussle more and more before i have official numbers on this beauty but i have tryed it yet..... on the new fully built sr it was awesome but the new engine lasted ONE lap... thanks to the blind guy who ported and polished the head...

so i swapped back a stock s14 longblock (my spare engine)
with the gtx2867 on it at +- 23 pounds of boost...

its much better than the gt2871R no doubt response when u lift for a second than hit back the throttle is much better.... and the higher boost feels much more comftable for that turbo

hap^py anyway with all that bullshit!"
koukistylejdm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2013, 02:08 PM   #614
aznnoodleboi
Leaky Injector

aznnoodleboi is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by boost addict View Post
Would there be any disadvantage of running a turbo this size with a t3 turbine housing? Im looking at the gtx2863r and dont want to have to change the dp, IC piping, intake, mani, ect that I have for my current setup.
I also have this same question. Looking at the GTX3067R, its the same thing as the GTX2867R except that it uses external wg. I already went top mount/big turbo and I just didnt like the feel as compared to my friends bottom mount GT2871 similar to codyaces set up.
His car is nice and torquey on the low end and that is what I like to aim for. From reading of experiences on this turbo in here, I am definitely putting this on the list of turbos to choose next.
aznnoodleboi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2013, 02:30 PM   #615
unijabnx2000
Leaky Injector

Quote:
Originally Posted by aznnoodleboi View Post
I also have this same question. Looking at the GTX3067R, its the same thing as the GTX2867R except that it uses external wg. I already went top mount/big turbo and I just didnt like the feel as compared to my friends bottom mount GT2871 similar to codyaces set up.
His car is nice and torquey on the low end and that is what I like to aim for. From reading of experiences on this turbo in here, I am definitely putting this on the list of turbos to choose next.
FYI The power outputs are roughly the same, but the turbine side is different.
Old 07-18-2013, 02:53 PM   #616
cotbu
Post Whore!

cotbu is just really nicecotbu is just really nicecotbu is just really nicecotbu is just really nicecotbu is just really nicecotbu is just really nicecotbu is just really nicecotbu is just really nicecotbu is just really nicecotbu is just really nice
Quote:

SHO RYU KEN!

Quote:
Originally Posted by codyace View Post
It really is faster on track, much better back into boost.
Quote:
Originally Posted by koukistylejdm View Post
its much better than the gt2871R no doubt response when u lift for a second than hit back the throttle is much better.... and the higher boost feels much more comftable for that turbo

We'll there you have it, the price is justified by the performance! Even though it's intangible!

Old 07-18-2013, 03:53 PM   #617
boost addict
Zilvia Addict

boost addict is making a name for him/her selfboost addict is making a name for him/her self
Quote:
I plan on keeping it ewg since mines already set up for it. The 2863 has an available t3 turbine housing with vband out. In just wondering if it would be more or less responsive to go with the t3 housing over the t2
Old 07-18-2013, 04:05 PM   #618
S14DB
AFC #1

S14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfection
Quote:
As stated above the Turbines are different. I think the 30 is more ideal for a KA-T and the 28 for a SR.
Old 07-18-2013, 04:23 PM   #619
aznnoodleboi
Leaky Injector

aznnoodleboi is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by boost addict View Post
I plan on keeping it ewg since mines already set up for it. The 2863 has an available t3 turbine housing with vband out. In just wondering if it would be more or less responsive to go with the t3 housing over the t2
I aswell would like to know^

I have a top mount w/ external aswell.. I dont want to have to change my manifold/DP+bunchof other stuff so thats why I asked about the GTX3067. Good to know they have a T3 housing.

Now, off to sell my current turbo
aznnoodleboi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2013, 04:28 PM   #620
unijabnx2000
Leaky Injector

They have had a T3 size flange for the GT/GTX28 turbines for a couple years now. I used one on my disco potato
Old 07-18-2013, 06:40 PM   #621
gotta240
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (21)
gotta240 is close to perfectiongotta240 is close to perfectiongotta240 is close to perfectiongotta240 is close to perfectiongotta240 is close to perfectiongotta240 is close to perfectiongotta240 is close to perfectiongotta240 is close to perfectiongotta240 is close to perfectiongotta240 is close to perfectiongotta240 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 21 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kingtal0n View Post
If you dont mind having a maf sensor, then use the maf power FC. The only time you want a map sensor based ECU is when you must delete the maf sensor for whatever reason (exceed the capacity / clean up engine bay). In the long run the maf will treat you better. A Map ecu is much more time consuming to tune. And by MAP I mean the base map- you must use the data-logit to access the base map. A Standard D-jetro PFC with commander cannot adjust the base map all you can adjust is the % VE table which is a completely different thing.

Although I must say I enjoy tuning a map based ECU.
Learning the VE table for an engine and getting a feel for the combination usually gives a better feeling of satisfaction at the end of the day, you learn more that way.

Thanks! MAF it is then.
gotta240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2013, 05:28 PM   #622
boost addict
Zilvia Addict

Just picked up this gtx2863r .63ar, t3, with vband out. Should have it tuned within a week so ill throw my results up
Old 07-29-2013, 05:49 PM   #623
BlackZenkiS14
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (15)
BlackZenkiS14 has a reputation beyond reputeBlackZenkiS14 has a reputation beyond reputeBlackZenkiS14 has a reputation beyond reputeBlackZenkiS14 has a reputation beyond reputeBlackZenkiS14 has a reputation beyond reputeBlackZenkiS14 has a reputation beyond reputeBlackZenkiS14 has a reputation beyond reputeBlackZenkiS14 has a reputation beyond reputeBlackZenkiS14 has a reputation beyond reputeBlackZenkiS14 has a reputation beyond reputeBlackZenkiS14 has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 15 reviews
Send a message via AIM to BlackZenkiS14
Oh! That's exciting! I'm really curious to see how that does!
Old 07-29-2013, 11:02 PM   #624
Pinggg
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (22)
Pinggg is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 22 reviews
^^ that little turbo is sick! i wanna see what power it makes
Pinggg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2013, 06:02 PM   #625
JordanS
Leaky Injector

JordanS is an unknown quantity at this point
Any more updates? Also, not performance related but with the APT housing with v band wastegate, what does this setup,sound like? Usual external wastegate or doesn't sound like the standard manifold setup if the dividers have not been removed?
JordanS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2013, 07:46 PM   #626
unijabnx2000
Leaky Injector

just got mine....

Old 08-14-2013, 04:41 PM   #627
cotbu
Post Whore!

You seriously just posted a picture of the box!

Old 08-14-2013, 04:45 PM   #628
unijabnx2000
Leaky Injector

Quote:
Originally Posted by cotbu View Post
You seriously just posted a picture of the box!
Yeah, everyone else has posted the turbo itself many times.... lol
Old 08-14-2013, 04:46 PM   #629
JordanS
Leaky Injector

JordanS is an unknown quantity at this point
More pictures is always good! What external wastegate serious do you guys run? I'd love to get a .64 rear housing a mod a stock manifold, but I've heard that high 300's make the manifold keep high exhaust has temps?
JordanS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2013, 04:48 PM   #630
unijabnx2000
Leaky Injector