Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > Local / Regional / National > Europe

Europe A place for our cousins from across the pond

Old 02-13-2012, 05:35 AM   #1
Kojo
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (0)
Kojo is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
any mil stationed in europe?

Im currently in Okinawa and I have almost everything in europe on my dream sheet for my next assignment..

Im kinda curious about importing/exporting cars out of Europe if I do land a base there..

do they have specific US spec european cars that can be shipped back to the states?
or are european cars same as US and can be brought back without much hassle? like for example,if there's an Euro spec evo V or VI that also meets US standards and can be brought back

It seems the only truly legit way to get a car out of Japan w orders is under the 25 year rule,just looking to get more info on European laws/standards when it comes to this..
Kojo is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-13-2012, 06:35 AM   #2
ralphandthequeen
Zilvia Member

ralphandthequeen is an unknown quantity at this point
check the list of cars you can send home.. i know theres one for Japanese imports. dont know what its called.. haha but yeah. hope it helps
Old 02-13-2012, 09:47 AM   #3
IN33DH3LP
Leaky Injector

IN33DH3LP is on a distinguished road
I was stationed at Yokota and am now stationed at Lakenheath. There are no laws or problems limiting what you bring to the UK (at least that's what TMO explained to me, I brought a '97 Civic type R) as long as it passes MOT (a very lame version of JCI). Here is a link to the vehicles that can be imported to the US Vehicle Importation and Certification Requirements . Hope that helps
IN33DH3LP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2012, 11:46 AM   #4
ralphandthequeen
Zilvia Member

ralphandthequeen is an unknown quantity at this point
HAZZAA!!! thats the thing i was talking about
Old 02-23-2012, 12:48 PM   #5
Big Daddy 18det
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (3)
Big Daddy 18det is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
s13

I'm station in Pisa, Italy .... And as far as shipping a car out of japan you can as long as you are shipping it to a european country... But as far as shipping one to the "STATES " like my man said good luck with that It's not going to happen !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kojo View Post
Im currently in Okinawa and I have almost everything in europe on my dream sheet for my next assignment..

Im kinda curious about importing/exporting cars out of Europe if I do land a base there..

do they have specific US spec european cars that can be shipped back to the states?
or are european cars same as US and can be brought back without much hassle? like for example,if there's an Euro spec evo V or VI that also meets US standards and can be brought back

It seems the only truly legit way to get a car out of Japan w orders is under the 25 year rule,just looking to get more info on European laws/standards when it comes to this..
Big Daddy 18det is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2012, 04:53 AM   #6
TOMKAIRA93
Zilvia Addict

TOMKAIRA93 is making a name for him/her selfTOMKAIRA93 is making a name for him/her self
cars in europe are like cars here in Japan, just don't meet the US DOT requirements, so it's hard to import them. The only easy way is to get a car 25 years or older. I was in Europe and now in Oki...
Old 02-29-2012, 01:54 AM   #7
dawnattack
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (2)
dawnattack is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by IN33DH3LP View Post
I was stationed at Yokota and am now stationed at Lakenheath. There are no laws or problems limiting what you bring to the UK (at least that's what TMO explained to me, I brought a '97 Civic type R) as long as it passes MOT (a very lame version of JCI). Here is a link to the vehicles that can be imported to the US Vehicle Importation and Certification Requirements . Hope that helps
thanks for the info...
dawnattack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2012, 02:25 AM   #8
Kojo
Leaky Injector

Kojo is an unknown quantity at this point
Another question,especially for the guys that have been to both europe and japan...what are the average prices around in europe for the popular cars like gtrs,evos,s15s and so on,is it worthwhile to purchase in japan and tmo it there or better to wait?
Kojo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2012, 10:13 AM   #9
Vandal21

Vandal21 is a well-known jackass
Please delete post.
Vandal21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2012, 10:20 AM   #10
IN33DH3LP
Leaky Injector

IN33DH3LP is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kojo View Post
Another question,especially for the guys that have been to both europe and japan...what are the average prices around in europe for the popular cars like gtrs,evos,s15s and so on,is it worthwhile to purchase in japan and tmo it there or better to wait?
Get it in Japan and bring it to Europe! I can only speak from my experience in the UK, but cars are way expensive here. An example is my Civic Type R (EK9). I paid $4500 in Japan for it. Over here I would pay close to $8000. Same goes for pretty much every car you listed. I was going to get a S15 but they were running around $8000 and that was out of my budget. When I got to the UK they were close to $13000.

Here is a great website to find some deals and compare prices PistonHeads.com :: Speed Matters that should help you out immensely.
IN33DH3LP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2012, 10:45 AM   #11
drifterdave
Leaky Injector

drifterdave is on the path to ruindrifterdave is on the path to ruin
hey im here in germany now, and ive have been looking around for a another car, such as 200sx, r32 gtst, and such, i sold my rps13 before i joined the army, and now im in germany. theres a guy here that sells skylines, evo and a couple of others check out www.bookoo.com and check around the germany side for some cars im n wiesbaden right now. hope this helps.

keeping it gangster
drifterdave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2012, 11:21 AM   #12
mikegtr

mikegtr is an unknown quantity at this point
if you do go to japan buy it there. they are way more expensive in germany.

also check out AutoScout24 Europas Automarkt für Gebrauchtwagen und Neuwagen
mikegtr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2012, 05:19 AM   #13
mattack69
Zilvia Junkie

mattack69 will become famous soon enoughmattack69 will become famous soon enoughmattack69 will become famous soon enoughmattack69 will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to mattack69 Send a message via MSN to mattack69 Send a message via Yahoo to mattack69
Im at spang, shit is fucking stupid expensive here, shit hurts my feelings... send me a navan front bumper for an s14