Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat

Chat General Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Closed Thread

Old 09-25-2006, 04:04 PM   #2401
Nan Desu Ka?!
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (0)
Nan Desu Ka?! is a name known to allNan Desu Ka?! is a name known to allNan Desu Ka?! is a name known to allNan Desu Ka?! is a name known to allNan Desu Ka?! is a name known to allNan Desu Ka?! is a name known to allNan Desu Ka?! is a name known to allNan Desu Ka?! is a name known to allNan Desu Ka?! is a name known to allNan Desu Ka?! is a name known to allNan Desu Ka?! is a name known to all
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Nan Desu Ka?!
I still hate all you vicroy pricks but god damnit i love and respect you at the same time. >.> <3

*notsosubtleanchormanreference*

Norcal-240sx.net
Sponsored Links
Old 09-25-2006, 04:14 PM   #2402
Ian
Post Whore!

Ian is close to perfectionIan is close to perfectionIan is close to perfectionIan is close to perfectionIan is close to perfectionIan is close to perfectionIan is close to perfectionIan is close to perfectionIan is close to perfectionIan is close to perfectionIan is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by 240trainee
Hey, he's moving in the right direction.

If by that you mean outer space...then yes

That wing belongs on on a top fuel drag car

or the back of optimus prime's head

Team Pterodactyl
SHARK ATTACK!!!
LookOutDrift
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian
No it isn't
This is "cool stickers"
not"let's make our car look like a pile of shit and dead babies"
Old 09-25-2006, 04:36 PM   #2403
TheSquidd
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (7)
TheSquidd is close to perfectionTheSquidd is close to perfectionTheSquidd is close to perfectionTheSquidd is close to perfectionTheSquidd is close to perfectionTheSquidd is close to perfectionTheSquidd is close to perfectionTheSquidd is close to perfectionTheSquidd is close to perfectionTheSquidd is close to perfectionTheSquidd is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
Send a message via AIM to TheSquidd
Quote:
Originally Posted by mainevent212
If by that you mean outer space...then yes

That wing belongs on on a top fuel drag car

or the back of optimus prime's head

kekemessagelengthkeke
Old 09-25-2006, 09:13 PM   #2404
-=RS13=-
Leaky Injector

-=RS13=- has much to be proud of-=RS13=- has much to be proud of-=RS13=- has much to be proud of-=RS13=- has much to be proud of-=RS13=- has much to be proud of-=RS13=- has much to be proud of-=RS13=- has much to be proud of-=RS13=- has much to be proud of-=RS13=- has much to be proud of-=RS13=- has much to be proud of-=RS13=- has much to be proud of
What is with all of the Hard Parking

And the bank i bent a tie rod on.

Thanks to Matt Haase for the pics.
I have about 1/8 of an inch left on my megan coils before i have to remove collars, Already pre-loaded 1.25 of an inch.

EDIT: Decimal point, Should be .125 or about 3 turns

Last edited by -=RS13=-; 09-25-2006 at 11:01 PM..
Old 09-25-2006, 09:20 PM   #2405
chmercer
BANNED

chmercer has a reputation beyond reputechmercer has a reputation beyond reputechmercer has a reputation beyond reputechmercer has a reputation beyond reputechmercer has a reputation beyond reputechmercer has a reputation beyond reputechmercer has a reputation beyond reputechmercer has a reputation beyond reputechmercer has a reputation beyond reputechmercer has a reputation beyond reputechmercer has a reputation beyond repute
why would you preload your coilovers 1.25 inch and brag about how much room you have left to go. preload raises your car. that makes no sense.
Old 09-25-2006, 09:41 PM   #2406
staygold24
Zilvia Addict

staygold24 will become famous soon enoughstaygold24 will become famous soon enoughstaygold24 will become famous soon enoughstaygold24 will become famous soon enough
chmercer, did you really paint the aero on your car with spray paint or was that just a joke? I noticed there was some pretty good looking roller paint jobs on cars but yours looked really good. clean ass group of cars too, im loving the paint on the kouki with the gold emo's
Old 09-25-2006, 10:07 PM   #2407
naed240sx
Zilvia Member

naed240sx is a jewel in the roughnaed240sx is a jewel in the roughnaed240sx is a jewel in the roughnaed240sx is a jewel in the roughnaed240sx is a jewel in the roughnaed240sx is a jewel in the roughnaed240sx is a jewel in the rough
Holy shit, 1.25 inches of preload? May I ask why? If you preload 1.25 inches, you loose 1.25 inches of rebound travel, because you change the position of the damper by 1.25 inches. Do you even have any rebound travel left? An s13 should compress a non preloaded 8kg/mm spring by right around 1.25 inches at static, assuming that the spring rate is 100% linear.
Old 09-25-2006, 10:29 PM   #2408
chmercer
BANNED

chmercer has a reputation beyond reputechmercer has a reputation beyond reputechmercer has a reputation beyond reputechmercer has a reputation beyond reputechmercer has a reputation beyond reputechmercer has a reputation beyond reputechmercer has a reputation beyond reputechmercer has a reputation beyond reputechmercer has a reputation beyond reputechmercer has a reputation beyond reputechmercer has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by staygold24
chmercer, did you really paint the aero on your car with spray paint or was that just a joke? I noticed there was some pretty good looking roller paint jobs on cars but yours looked really good. clean ass group of cars too, im loving the paint on the kouki with the gold emo's
i sprayed it in my back yard

ppg paint

roller is for circus clowns

that joke pic, i was spraying some paint i had lying around out of an aerosol can, reduced with paint thinner lol (DO NOT REDUCE AUTOMOTIVE PAINT WITH PAINT THINNER)
Old 09-25-2006, 10:33 PM   #2409
Nizzan4u2nv
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (3)
Nizzan4u2nv has a spectacular aura aboutNizzan4u2nv has a spectacular aura aboutNizzan4u2nv has a spectacular aura aboutNizzan4u2nv has a spectacular aura aboutNizzan4u2nv has a spectacular aura aboutNizzan4u2nv has a spectacular aura about
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Nizzan4u2nv
I think there is some misunderstanding going on. From what ive gathered:

Spring preload = supposedly raises the car.(tighten spring, move spring collars up)
Shock preload(droop spring) = lowers the car.(loosening spring, moves spring collars down, pushing shock piston into the body. Usually used in the rear when running out of adjustability when lowering with dual height adjustable coilovers from lower bracket.)
Old 09-25-2006, 10:40 PM   #2410
McRussellPants
Nissanaholic!

McRussellPants has a reputation beyond reputeMcRussellPants has a reputation beyond reputeMcRussellPants has a reputation beyond reputeMcRussellPants has a reputation beyond reputeMcRussellPants has a reputation beyond reputeMcRussellPants has a reputation beyond reputeMcRussellPants has a reputation beyond reputeMcRussellPants has a reputation beyond reputeMcRussellPants has a reputation beyond reputeMcRussellPants has a reputation beyond reputeMcRussellPants has a reputation beyond repute
shock preload on the front is equally worthless for lowering a car.

The only way preload would help lowering an Schassis, is that if you loaded it so much that the spring was bound so that you could put the tire 1mm from the frame and it wouldn't matter since he suspension doesn't move.

I I preload the front of my car about 5 turns. The Rear is drooping about an inch now.
Old 09-25-2006, 10:46 PM   #2411
naed240sx
Zilvia Member

naed240sx is a jewel in the roughnaed240sx is a jewel in the roughnaed240sx is a jewel in the roughnaed240sx is a jewel in the roughnaed240sx is a jewel in the roughnaed240sx is a jewel in the roughnaed240sx is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nizzan4u2nv
I think there is some misunderstanding going on. From what ive gathered:
I don't think that anybody is missunderstanding. The op said "preload", and he meant it. I have never heard of anybody drooping spring for the front, and it certainly would not be done without first removing collars.
Old 09-25-2006, 11:00 PM   #2412
-=RS13=-
Leaky Injector

-=RS13=- has much to be proud of-=RS13=- has much to be proud of-=RS13=- has much to be proud of-=RS13=- has much to be proud of-=RS13=- has much to be proud of-=RS13=- has much to be proud of-=RS13=- has much to be proud of-=RS13=- has much to be proud of-=RS13=- has much to be proud of-=RS13=- has much to be proud of-=RS13=- has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by chmercer
why would you preload your coilovers 1.25 inch and brag about how much room you have left to go. preload raises your car. that makes no sense.

Decial point mistake.

.125. About 3 turns. Digital calipers for all of the measurements

opps
Old 09-25-2006, 11:02 PM   #2413
Nizzan4u2nv
Zilvia FREAK!

Nizzan4u2nv has a spectacular aura aboutNizzan4u2nv has a spectacular aura aboutNizzan4u2nv has a spectacular aura aboutNizzan4u2nv has a spectacular aura aboutNizzan4u2nv has a spectacular aura aboutNizzan4u2nv has a spectacular aura about
Ok, that makes more sense.

And to contribute:
Old 09-25-2006, 11:09 PM   #2414
hybrid_eg
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (19)
hybrid_eg is a jewel in the roughhybrid_eg is a jewel in the roughhybrid_eg is a jewel in the roughhybrid_eg is a jewel in the roughhybrid_eg is a jewel in the roughhybrid_eg is a jewel in the roughhybrid_eg is a jewel in the rough
Feedback Score: 19 reviews
I just had to ask.. is that FC running M3 optional 19's? I could swear mine looked just like that? if i still remember correctly the bolt pattern was different.. 5x120?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johny5

Old 09-25-2006, 11:15 PM   #2415
Rayne
Zilvia Addict

Rayne is close to perfectionRayne is close to perfectionRayne is close to perfectionRayne is close to perfectionRayne is close to perfectionRayne is close to perfectionRayne is close to perfectionRayne is close to perfectionRayne is close to perfectionRayne is close to perfectionRayne is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by chmercer
the power steering cooler was chilling on the ground in that pic

Ahh...I was thinking it was a bumper support.
Old 09-25-2006, 11:18 PM   #2416
chmercer
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by hybrid_eg
I just had to ask.. is that FC running M3 optional 19's? I could swear mine looked just like that? if i still remember correctly the bolt pattern was different.. 5x120?
no not m3 wheels, 5x4.5 bolt, 18"
Old 09-25-2006, 11:21 PM   #2417
Ian
Post Whore!

Ian is close to perfectionIan is close to perfectionIan is close to perfectionIan is close to perfectionIan is close to perfectionIan is close to perfectionIan is close to perfectionIan is close to perfectionIan is close to perfectionIan is close to perfectionIan is close to perfection
Racing Sparco wheels, they were really cheap from Discount Tire a while back for like 18x __ good sizes a while back...like 110 a wheel

Team Pterodactyl
SHARK ATTACK!!!
LookOutDrift
Quote:
No it isn't
This is "cool stickers"
Old 09-25-2006, 11:31 PM   #2418
Nizzan4u2nv
Zilvia FREAK!

Sparco NS6
Old 09-26-2006, 08:52 AM   #2419
TokyoNights
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (2)
TokyoNights is just really niceTokyoNights is just really niceTokyoNights is just really niceTokyoNights is just really niceTokyoNights is just really niceTokyoNights is just really niceTokyoNights is just really niceTokyoNights is just really niceTokyoNights is just really nice
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Send a message via AIM to TokyoNights
Quote:
viceroy pics
thats awesomness
Old 09-26-2006, 10:13 AM   #2420
Team Rootbeer
Zilvia Addict

Team Rootbeer is just really niceTeam Rootbeer is just really niceTeam Rootbeer is just really niceTeam Rootbeer is just really niceTeam Rootbeer is just really niceTeam Rootbeer is just really niceTeam Rootbeer is just really niceTeam Rootbeer is just really niceTeam Rootbeer is just really nice
Send a message via AIM to Team Rootbeer
polished my wheels. got new mirrors. yAy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotrodv
90% of the cars posted here are stock or with original rims painted black
I'm not an asshole but is the true..
Old 09-26-2006, 06:03 PM   #2421
staygold24
Zilvia Addict

staygold24 will become famous soon enoughstaygold24 will become famous soon enoughstaygold24 will become famous soon enoughstaygold24 will become famous soon enough
wow thats some nice paint. I thought you were trying to sell it. Cant let go of it?
Old 09-26-2006, 06:05 PM   #2422
Nizzan4u2nv
Zilvia FREAK!

Looks good man. I was seriously considering polishing my FN, but powdercoating was cheaper and easier. You do it yourself?
Old 09-26-2006, 09:38 PM   #2423
hitman
Zilvia FREAK!

hitman is close to perfectionhitman is close to perfectionhitman is close to perfectionhitman is close to perfectionhitman is close to perfectionhitman is close to perfectionhitman is close to perfectionhitman is close to perfectionhitman is close to perfectionhitman is close to perfectionhitman is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to hitman
from top drift
where i got 18th, top 17 advanced fuck lol
then i got yelled at for trying to help out some people on the side of the road. sweet.

Old 09-26-2006, 11:10 PM   #2424
Team Rootbeer
Zilvia Addict

Team Rootbeer is just really niceTeam Rootbeer is just really niceTeam Rootbeer is just really niceTeam Rootbeer is just really niceTeam Rootbeer is just really niceTeam Rootbeer is just really niceTeam Rootbeer is just really niceTeam Rootbeer is just really niceTeam Rootbeer is just really nice
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nizzan4u2nv
Looks good man. I was seriously considering polishing my FN, but powdercoating was cheaper and easier. You do it yourself?

yep, did it in 1 day, not bad at all.

and no, i cant let go of it......trying to sell just made me want it even MORE, so i spent lots more money on it! yay for new, higher paying job.

Quote:
Old 09-26-2006, 11:26 PM   #2425
Ian
Post Whore!

What did you use to strip/polish?

I started doin it on one of my wheels and honestly...i didn't even finish one after a couple hours

Team Pterodactyl
SHARK ATTACK!!!
LookOutDrift
Quote:
No it isn't
This is "cool stickers"
Old 09-27-2006, 12:15 AM   #2426
Team Rootbeer
Zilvia Addict

aircraft stripper, plastic filler spreader (for scraping purposes) and my right arm that hurts real bad now, then shined em up with blue magic polish on a power ball buffer thingy.

FNs are almost already polished when you stip them. didnt have to do much work.

Quote:
Old 09-27-2006, 12:19 AM   #2427
fliprayzin240sx
Man w/ CTSV & a Car Seat

fliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to fliprayzin240sx
Heres my contribution...had to get some fresh pix so i can try to push to sell her again.

Could go lower with more camber or less spacer in the rear but i like the stance right now...

If you think Zilvia has too many assholes...
CLICK HERE!!!
Old 09-27-2006, 12:20 AM   #2428
Nizzan4u2nv
Zilvia FREAK!

yea, the finish on the FNs seem to come off quite easily. My powdercoated should me exactly how easy it was. Ive also seen it come right off with a shot of brake cleaner.
Old 09-27-2006, 12:35 AM   #2429
fliprayzin240sx
Man w/ CTSV & a Car Seat

fliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to fliprayzin240sx
Ive thought bout stripping them...actually bought 2 cans of aircraft stripper. Then I chickend out the last minute. I heard the finish undeneat the paint is smooth enough that you wont have to buff it if you choose not to.

If you think Zilvia has too many assholes...
CLICK HERE!!!
Old 09-27-2006, 12:50 AM   #2430
HerbReal
Zilvia Junkie

HerbReal has a reputation beyond reputeHerbReal has a reputation beyond reputeHerbReal has a reputation beyond reputeHerbReal has a reputation beyond reputeHerbReal has a reputation beyond reputeHerbReal has a reputation beyond reputeHerbReal has a reputation beyond reputeHerbReal has a reputation beyond reputeHerbReal has a reputation beyond reputeHerbReal has a reputation beyond reputeHerbReal has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to HerbReal