Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Tech Talk > Z Chassis

Z Chassis Technical discussion related to the Z Chassis such as the S30, S310, Z31, Z32, Z33 and Z34.

Old 07-28-2014, 11:08 PM   #1
Tono
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (6)
Tono is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
OBD Simulator?

I hope im not opening a can of worms but....

but does anyone have an opinions or any experience using OBD2 simulators. aka this?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zZsH4O9kZJ0

I have a 1996 Infiniti J30 with a lame N/A VG30DE same as the Z32 and I really want to swap in a VH45DE or a RB25DET in its place. The only obstacle i have is that my car has OBD2 diagnostics and i live in Des Plaines/Chicago ILLINOIS which we do emissions/smog for cars 1996 and newer.

The engines i want to swap in are OBD-1/pre-1995 or from Japan which have no emissions parts. By using this simulator in its place, it reads that the emission controlled parts of the engine are functioning correctly even when its completely omitted from the engine.

So does anyone have any experiences with simulators? PM is good too.

(I had a emissions check done on my 1999 Benz E320 and they pretty much hooked up the scanner to look for codes, turned off the engine, start, and check again for codes. No poppping the hood and no tailpipe sniffer. )
Tono is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-29-2014, 12:11 AM   #2
LoSt180
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (18)
LoSt180 has a reputation beyond reputeLoSt180 has a reputation beyond reputeLoSt180 has a reputation beyond reputeLoSt180 has a reputation beyond reputeLoSt180 has a reputation beyond reputeLoSt180 has a reputation beyond reputeLoSt180 has a reputation beyond reputeLoSt180 has a reputation beyond reputeLoSt180 has a reputation beyond reputeLoSt180 has a reputation beyond reputeLoSt180 has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 18 reviews
In for an answer. I asked on a different forum and was "nicely" told not to ask about that sort of thing. Basically it's less than legal, so finding info is apparently hush hush, or old and never went anywhere.
LoSt180 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2014, 11:29 AM   #3
nextproject
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (9)
nextproject is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 9 reviews
Wow that looks like a neat little "tool". Unfortunately it seems the "xtremeobd2.com" site is no longer up. Lots of people could really use this, unfortunately yes, it seems like it'd violate quite a few laws.
nextproject is offline   Reply With Quote