Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > Marketplace > Group Buys

Group Buys Dedicated Forum for Group Buys.

Closed Thread

Old 02-27-2002, 05:40 PM   #91
Grant
Premium Member

Trader Rating: (0)
Grant has a spectacular aura aboutGrant has a spectacular aura aboutGrant has a spectacular aura aboutGrant has a spectacular aura aboutGrant has a spectacular aura aboutGrant has a spectacular aura about
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Grant Send a message via MSN to Grant
not to burst the bubble or anything, but I believe chris can get the OBX intake for our cars for about the same price, he is more legit than this guy as far as I know, if you guys are interested, I will talk to him about it.
Sponsored Links
Old 02-27-2002, 05:51 PM   #92
Omega
Zilvia Member

Omega is an unknown quantity at this point
Thanks Grant that would be great if you could talk to him tell him we have around 13 orders if he can get the price down to near what we would have been paying
Old 02-27-2002, 06:03 PM   #93
Grant
Premium Member

Grant has a spectacular aura aboutGrant has a spectacular aura aboutGrant has a spectacular aura aboutGrant has a spectacular aura aboutGrant has a spectacular aura aboutGrant has a spectacular aura about
alright I will talk to him tonight, would ANYONE be interested in paying some more $$ for an AEM? according to alex chang nobody else powdercoates uses TIG welding on these their intakes except AEM.

just thought I'd let you guys know that as well.
Old 02-27-2002, 06:16 PM   #94
Omega
Zilvia Member

Ok we will have to see waht prices we are quoted then decide to go OBX or AEM we cant run a mixed deal its too hard... i guess we might be able to split the deal but it will take longer for each of them to reach their buyer #
Old 02-27-2002, 06:56 PM   #95
black0ut
Leaky Injector

black0ut is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via ICQ to black0ut
Hey everybody-

I talked to DOHCCivicNA1250 tonight and straightened some things out. When he found out his boss wouldn't let him give the deal that he had agreed on, he thought that the best way to handle it was to just duck out. I explained to him that people can understand if you can't control the situation, but it's best to let them know what's going on. He said he would send an email out later to let everyone know the situation. He's sorry that things turned out like this... he just didn't know quite how to handle the situation.

I also asked him about the intakes that were already paid for. He said he's good for his word, and those will be shipping out. If anyone has paid, he said feel free to email him with your name and he will give you a tracking number.

Again, the guy's sorry, he just didn't quite know how to handle the situation. You know how us 240 guys can be pretty scary ;-) But seriously, we've all buckled under pressure before.

Let's get some prices on the OBX and AEM intakes and see how they compare. I thought that AEM only made an intake for the DOHC, though...

...contact me...
Old 02-27-2002, 07:32 PM   #96
hotdogg
Leaky Injector

hotdogg is an unknown quantity at this point
Well I got everything straightened out.  He sent me a UPS tracking number and its supposed to arrive tomorrow.  Thanks Omega.
Old 02-27-2002, 07:56 PM   #97
dr2if4ta0sx
Leaky Injector

dr2if4ta0sx is an unknown quantity at this point
Wow this really sucks...  i was actually looking forward to that intake...  He says his boss wouldnt let him do this deal???  What if we ask him to give us the original price and have us directly buy from their company?  Will he be able to sell it to us then?  If he cant... then im looking forward for the deal Grant's gonna make...  Keep us updated  
Old 02-27-2002, 08:31 PM   #98
Omega
Zilvia Member

I emailed his boss a few days ago to see what we could do as in smaller discount or none at all he hasn’t replied. We should wait to see the prices Chris can give us and then decide on if we want to go OBX or AEM or give this guy a second chance depending on how hotdogg likes his when he gets it. Personally I think I would like the K&N over OBX but I haven’t seen much about either but I know K&N filters are quality

blackout yea we all handle some stuff bad but he’s been ignoring me on aims for days he wouldn’t even tell me he couldn’t do it for like 3 days after he knew

hotdogg np glad I could help and that someone got theirs hehe, give us an update on it so we know to move on or possibly pursue working out a deal with them
Old 02-27-2002, 08:51 PM   #99
hotdogg
Leaky Injector

if anything you guys can still get them for $89.99 on ebay, they are selling them on dutch autions 9 at a time.
Old 02-27-2002, 09:15 PM   #100
Omega
Zilvia Member

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Quote: from hotdogg on 8:51 pm on Feb. 27, 2002
if anything you guys can still get them for $89.99 on ebay, they are selling them on dutch autions 9 at a time.</td></tr></table><span id='postcolor'>

Id rather not pay that because one I know that a week ago they sold them for 84 and I also know they make enough to give 7$ off, so I don’t really feel like paying extra when I was told I could get it for less
Old 02-27-2002, 10:10 PM   #101
sPooNae
Leaky Injector

sPooNae is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via ICQ to sPooNae
hmm if we could get the AEM ones for a good price.. i'd most likely go with that... heard lots of good stuff from them
Old 02-27-2002, 10:59 PM   #102
misnomer
Nissanaholic!

misnomer has a little shameless behavior in the past
Send a message via AIM to misnomer
Indeed, I'd rather AEM than OBX. I'll have to look into what the AEMs look like, I honestly am not a huge fan of the polished steel look.
Old 02-27-2002, 11:22 PM   #103
chris speedalliance
Leaky Injector

chris speedalliance is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via ICQ to chris speedalliance
hey all...
chris here!

i'll have this GB and the N1 GB ready to go on Friday with ALL the details.

I am getting an AEM intake tomorrow for a customer...so I should be able to tell you all what it looks like, ( actually, i'll have pics). &nbsp;So i'll price everything for all yall and we'll work from there!

I'll even set up zones for everybody to find out where they stand on shipping!

Chris
Old 02-27-2002, 11:43 PM   #104
Grant
Premium Member

AEM's are powdercoated, blue, red, or silver (i think they also offer a polished version now) but yea, my friend had the polished injen before, dulls out really quick. Anyways, just an insight on what the AEM looks like on an s13 (Alex Chang's Car).

I know the pic is at a bad angle, I will try to get better ones from Chris.

Old 02-28-2002, 01:33 AM   #105
dr2if4ta0sx
Leaky Injector

dr2if4ta0sx is an unknown quantity at this point
I cant wait till Chris get us hooked up and get us a good price on them, hopefully not too high... &nbsp;but what im most concerned right now is that earlier I read in the AEM site that they only provide intakes for the DOHC 92-94 s13's and all of the s14's but i dont see one that is for the SOHC 89-90 240sx... &nbsp;Do the intakes for the DOHC s13's fit on the SOHC s13's??? &nbsp;Or should there be seperate intakes for the two different engines types???
Old 02-28-2002, 02:09 AM   #106
DuffMan
Post Whore!

DuffMan is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via Yahoo to DuffMan
I'm down with switching to chris for some OBX or AEM intakes.

Hook us up with some prices, man.
Old 02-28-2002, 08:40 AM   #107
Omega
Zilvia Member

Subj: Re: 240sx Intake &nbsp;
Date: 2/28/2002 5:58:54 AM Pacific Standard Time
To: Omega240sx

I told him this becuase we only have 30 or so of each kit left in stock for 2 months. I dont wanna run out of em for selling at a lower price, that is the problem. If anybdy wishes to buy em, they should go thru ebay.

The only reason he won’t sell to us is he’s greedy and wants to make more they even jacked up the prices on ebay. So let’s move on he isn’t willing to make any sort of deal

Chris please start a new topic when you post the info so we can start freesh and leave this in the past I will email u the list of people I had for this group buy so u can see if they are still interested
Old 02-28-2002, 02:05 PM   #108
lilredstiffy
Zilvia Addict

lilredstiffy is a name known to alllilredstiffy is a name known to alllilredstiffy is a name known to alllilredstiffy is a name known to alllilredstiffy is a name known to alllilredstiffy is a name known to alllilredstiffy is a name known to alllilredstiffy is a name known to alllilredstiffy is a name known to alllilredstiffy is a name known to alllilredstiffy is a name known to all
Send a message via ICQ to lilredstiffy Send a message via AIM to lilredstiffy
Here is another picture of an aem short ram. Very very nice unit, I'd either go AEM or Injen, AEM is easier to clean with the powdercoating.

http://members.cox.net/walton90/p1010010.jpg
Old 02-28-2002, 04:37 PM   #109
hotdogg
Leaky Injector

Well I got the intake today. &nbsp;It seems like a quality piece. &nbsp;It came with the MAF adaptor and the tube has a place for other air temp sensor. &nbsp;I will be putting it on this weekend so I will let you guys know how it fits.
Closed Thread