Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat > Builds (and builds only)

Builds (and builds only) Got a build thread? It goes here, build threads anywhere else on the forum will be locked and never moved.

Old 06-30-2022, 09:58 PM   #61
cured13
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (11)
cured13 has a spectacular aura aboutcured13 has a spectacular aura aboutcured13 has a spectacular aura aboutcured13 has a spectacular aura aboutcured13 has a spectacular aura aboutcured13 has a spectacular aura aboutcured13 has a spectacular aura about
Feedback Score: 11 reviews
This guy is awesome and make some great videos, you should all check them up.
This is how I will do it if I had space, tools and his skills.

I hope he will keep it up.
cured13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-06-2022, 03:19 PM   #62
Persona
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (2)
Persona is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
I just found this thread and I am in love. Thanks for documenting all this!
Old 07-06-2022, 08:41 PM   #63
koukis13
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (0)
koukis13 is a jewel in the roughkoukis13 is a jewel in the roughkoukis13 is a jewel in the roughkoukis13 is a jewel in the roughkoukis13 is a jewel in the roughkoukis13 is a jewel in the roughkoukis13 is a jewel in the rough
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Hey, It's been awhile. Took a long break during winter. Then started working on the car as it got warmer. Was too lazy to update anything. I rebuilt my steering rack. Did do a video on how I did it, I'm open to any criticisms.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_RrmLj1TlGs
koukis13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2022, 08:45 PM   #64
koukis13
Leaky Injector

koukis13 is a jewel in the roughkoukis13 is a jewel in the roughkoukis13 is a jewel in the roughkoukis13 is a jewel in the roughkoukis13 is a jewel in the roughkoukis13 is a jewel in the roughkoukis13 is a jewel in the rough
As it got warmer, I went ahead and restored my gas tank. It was a learning process as usual. The inside didn't have any rust. The outside had small surface rust. I used the gas inside my gas tank to remove the protective coating that nissan applied. Coated the gas tank in Eastwood Black Rust Encapsulator. Once flashed, I sprayed it in some black rubberized underbody coating. Will be putting some killmat on top of the gas tank before installing it. Also did a video on this.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XcXMttFlGgE
Old 07-06-2022, 08:51 PM   #65
koukis13
Leaky Injector

I saw some wheels for sale, BNIB. It was too much for my pockets, so I took a line of credit to buy these wheels. This project got me broke as fk, but it's time to wrap it up and get this car running. Goal is to get it driving by October, probably not painted yet but at least running. If I drive it to work before the end of the year, some old balls coworkers, all gotta do push ups, there's a bet.
Old 07-07-2022, 11:13 AM   #66
tuzzio
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (3)
tuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Good stuff as always. Subscribed to your youtube.
tuzzio is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2022, 11:56 AM   #67
Danb
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (2)
Danb is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Your video on Youtube helped me a lot on building my rotisserie mounts that I used on my coupe. I just realized this thread was you.
Old 08-21-2022, 08:10 PM   #68
koukis13
Leaky Injector

Hey, back with some updates. I was working on my fuel pump hanger, it was super rusty. had to clean it up, thank god it didn't rust through. I wanted to restore the fuel pump hanger but the electrical part had to be remove so I can clean the area. I found out that radium makes electrical studs for this very purpose, was able to make those work with my pump. Originally I welded some -6 AN fittings to the oem tubes, but then someone on IG told me I should upgrade my tubes to 5/16" ID since I'm already modding it. I cut the oem fuel tubes out and made new ones with 5/16" ID, rewelded it to the pump and made it work. The fuel pump ended up getting coated in Cerakote since it is able to handle the fuel where as paint would just melt away when in contact with fuel. Did make a short detail video on how I modded my fuel pump hanger if anyone is interested.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ds2UYA2GKAE
Old 08-23-2022, 03:52 AM   #69
tuzzio
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (3)
tuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
The radium bulkheads is the cheat code. I just did mine a few months ago, and couldn't be happier
tuzzio is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2022, 03:11 PM   #70
koukis13
Leaky Injector

Quote:
Originally Posted by tuzzio View Post
The radium bulkheads is the cheat code. I just did mine a few months ago, and couldn't be happier
Yeah, the bulk head is the other option for thinner materials.
Old 08-24-2022, 08:44 PM   #71
PoorMans180SX
Zilvia.net Advertiser

Trader Rating: (16)
PoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 16 reviews
Send a message via AIM to PoorMans180SX
Great video dude, and smart idea with the piece of steel to make the oem hanger the required thickness for the radium studs!

Friends don't let friends buy knock-offs.
PoorMans180SX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2022, 01:31 PM   #72
projectsupra
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (1)
projectsupra is a glorious beacon of lightprojectsupra is a glorious beacon of lightprojectsupra is a glorious beacon of lightprojectsupra is a glorious beacon of lightprojectsupra is a glorious beacon of lightprojectsupra is a glorious beacon of lightprojectsupra is a glorious beacon of lightprojectsupra is a glorious beacon of lightprojectsupra is a glorious beacon of lightprojectsupra is a glorious beacon of lightprojectsupra is a glorious beacon of light
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Nice, perfect timing! I'm probably going to end up going with those bulkhead studs as well, modding my hanger for my 044 now and still on the fence about using the original wiring or not.

Any issues or regrets with them other than the thickness requirement?
projectsupra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2022, 02:05 PM   #73
koukis13
Leaky Injector

Quote:
Originally Posted by projectsupra View Post
Nice, perfect timing! I'm probably going to end up going with those bulkhead studs as well, modding my hanger for my 044 now and still on the fence about using the original wiring or not.

Any issues or regrets with them other than the thickness requirement?
The original wiring is garbage, it's so thin and old. You probably wanna upgrade it while your at it. I didn't find any other issues. Pretty straightforward