Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat > Builds (and builds only)

Builds (and builds only) Got a build thread? It goes here, build threads anywhere else on the forum will be locked and never moved.

Old 04-19-2022, 06:00 AM   #1
ingmar F
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (0)
ingmar F is a jewel in the roughingmar F is a jewel in the roughingmar F is a jewel in the roughingmar F is a jewel in the roughingmar F is a jewel in the roughingmar F is a jewel in the roughingmar F is a jewel in the rough
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
1uz-fe swapped 240sx from the Netherlands

Hello ! My name is Ingmar and i live in The Netherlands. I am not new here but i was always more of a reader instead of a writer.

I bought my s13 bone stock in 2009, so i have it for 13 years now.
It is a 1991 240sx SE imported from the states by a previous owner.
Which is pretty rare over here because we got the 200sx with the ca18det.

Offcourse it was to stock for my taste,

so i did a 5 lug swap, wheels, coilovers and a oem CA lip

rolled the arches, and bought a set of r33 gtr wheels.. (this was all in 2009)

i also installed a pair of recaro confetti seats, and a nardi steering wheel. and drove it around like that.

after that i found a genuine hotroad front bumper for sale in the uk, bought that. bought a pair of vertex sideskirts, painted those and mounted it on the car.

this was in 2010/11 i think. went to the UK for an event and bought there a set of type X rear spats.

Then it was time for some more horse power, because my tired (300.000+KM) ka24e wasn't really going to cut it anymore and it needed a new clutch anyway.

so i bought a ca18det that was supposed to be fresh. and did the swap...

The ca18det had the following specs:

garret GT28rs

Big FMIC

HKS hi-power exhaust

XS power exhaust manifold

apexi filter

walbro 255L/ph fuelpump

and Horsham stage 2 chip

upgraded clutch (forgot what brand)

i also found a pair of oem type X sideskirts that came in place of the vertex skirts.

This was al in 2011-2012

after finishing the swap, and visiting some meetings the ca18 decided that it wasn't in such a good condition as the seller told me it was..

So upon entering the japanese autosport festival on Zandvoort circuit it decided to end its life..

after being pushed on the paddock, and getting home on a trailer it was time to think what to do with the car..

i was still in school back then and all my savings went in the ca18 swap and i had no funds left at that time. So i sold all the parts from the ca18 to free up some money and started thinking about parting out the entire car.

but before i could do that i found a very cheap 1uz-fe engine for sale.. and thought why not give that a try...

but buying the engine is one thing, fitting it in the car was a little bit more difficult.

first of all i had to figure out what gearbox i was going to use. because the 1uz is only available as an automatic.

back then a i saw a couple of guyson this forum that used ka24 gearboxes.. but since these are not very common here but basically the same as ca18/sr20 gearboxes and i had a ca18 gearbox laying around. i figured i could use that one.

But then i also needed a flywheel. lots of research on forums, i found out that a 3sgte flywheel with some small modifications did fit. so i bought one and took it to a machine shop to get it fixed..

when i got the flywheel installed i came to the conclusion that a ca18 bellhousing is way to small for a 3sgte flywheel. and that i needed one from an sr20.. so i got on the hunt for that..

now i could finally make an adapterplate. i made that out of wood and a friend of mine later made a steel copy of that. he also made the motor mounts i designed.

so i could finally testfit the engine..

I also painted the engine bay. fixed some rust there and bought some headers for the engine

This was all in 2013/14 i think when i just finished school and because of the financial crisis i couldn't find a real fulltime job. so process was really slow.

Until i got a fulltime job and a new girlfriend in the same year...

When i finally got a real job i decided that i also wanted to live together with my girlfriend. So i bought a small apartment, which meant that money for the s13 stayed low..

but slowly the engine found its way in the enginebay:

modified the oilpan, fitted a remote oilfilter and made a skidplate..

Then in 2018 me and my girlfriend decided it was time to move to a bigger house..

Again a big delay in the project, but for a good cause offcourse, because the new house has a garage!

we also decided to get married in the meanwhile

In september 2019 my first daughter was born, and in february this year my second daughter. Offcourse life events like this like this are not good for a project car but i still have it and (very) slowly i am still continuing this project.

The OEM manifolds are modified to clear the steering column and the exhaust is modified:

Meanwhile my brother also bought a 240sx, a very low mileage facelift model we found in the czech republic.

At this moment, my car is waiting for some better times in the garage, it needs some small things to finish the swap. and then it needs to pass an government inspection before i am allowed to use it on the road.
so it's waiting for me like this in the garage:

ingmar F is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 09-20-2022, 02:05 AM   #2
ingmar F
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (0)
ingmar F is a jewel in the roughingmar F is a jewel in the roughingmar F is a jewel in the roughingmar F is a jewel in the roughingmar F is a jewel in the roughingmar F is a jewel in the roughingmar F is a jewel in the rough
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
I only just found out that my build thread was approved!
great to see that zilvia.net is back.

time for a small update.
i found some time to install the new Z32 BMC.

I also installed the exhaust with all the gaskets this time.

And i fixed the crack in my eastbear mirror.

ingmar F is offline   Reply With Quote