Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat > Builds (and builds only)

Builds (and builds only) Got a build thread? It goes here, build threads anywhere else on the forum will be locked and never moved.

Old 06-07-2019, 10:06 AM   #91
Suprareal
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (4)
Suprareal will become famous soon enoughSuprareal will become famous soon enoughSuprareal will become famous soon enoughSuprareal will become famous soon enoughSuprareal will become famous soon enough
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Suprareal's S13 FB build (sr20det eventually)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jumpman2334 View Post
damn, this thread gets better and better. what are you using the bend the plasma parts after? a brake?

I use a harbor freight press with the swag off-road finger brake and additional “flat top” v die attachment

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Suprareal is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 06-07-2019, 10:55 AM   #92
jumpman2334
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (1)
jumpman2334 has much to be proud ofjumpman2334 has much to be proud ofjumpman2334 has much to be proud ofjumpman2334 has much to be proud ofjumpman2334 has much to be proud ofjumpman2334 has much to be proud ofjumpman2334 has much to be proud ofjumpman2334 has much to be proud ofjumpman2334 has much to be proud ofjumpman2334 has much to be proud ofjumpman2334 has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
oh wow thats awesome. ive wondered about those kits that work off of a harbor freight press. based off your pictures, id say it looks like it works well!
jumpman2334 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2019, 04:12 PM   #93
Suprareal
Zilvia Junkie

Suprareal will become famous soon enoughSuprareal will become famous soon enoughSuprareal will become famous soon enoughSuprareal will become famous soon enoughSuprareal will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by jumpman2334 View Post
oh wow thats awesome. ive wondered about those kits that work off of a harbor freight press. based off your pictures, id say it looks like it works well!

Yeah it’s a awesome tool. I’m still practicing with it but the possibilities are almost endless with it

Old 06-22-2019, 11:01 PM   #94
NJs13_1993
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (13)
NJs13_1993 is a glorious beacon of lightNJs13_1993 is a glorious beacon of lightNJs13_1993 is a glorious beacon of lightNJs13_1993 is a glorious beacon of lightNJs13_1993 is a glorious beacon of lightNJs13_1993 is a glorious beacon of lightNJs13_1993 is a glorious beacon of lightNJs13_1993 is a glorious beacon of lightNJs13_1993 is a glorious beacon of lightNJs13_1993 is a glorious beacon of lightNJs13_1993 is a glorious beacon of light
Feedback Score: 13 reviews
QUALITY fab work man! Keep it up I’m loving this build
NJs13_1993 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2019, 04:13 AM   #95
lilrookz
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (0)
lilrookz is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
There is so much great fab work here! Props! Mad f***ing props that front end looks absolutely tits!
lilrookz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2019, 12:53 AM   #96
Suprareal
Zilvia Junkie

Thanks for all the positive comments !

Work picked up for a while and progress slowed down a little on the build but it’s all finished up now !

CNC designed and cut out my new gauge holders. ( Will be available soon on my website if anyone’s interested )

Interiors back together and thru in a new stereo while I had everything apart

For the shifter I utilized the stock boot and just cut it to fit and added a flap of rubber over the cut out section. Completely forgot to take a picture of it but here’s how it sits. No cutting of panels

One of the things I never really liked about the LS was the noise. It was obnoxiously loud. Was at the same time a cool factor but the drone inside got very annoying to me.
I knew I wanted the JZ to be super quiet besides being on wastegate
I’m running 3” stainless all the way back with a reducer into a small section that came on the muffler that’s 2.5” that goes back up to 2.75”. Which works perfect to tuck up under the subframe where room is limited.

The muffler is a giant Greddy with lots of baffling. Twice the size of the old Blitz.
The car is dead quiet ! Like quieter than stock.

CNC designed and cut out a wastegate garnish. ( will also be available on the website soon)

New logo that’ll be making its way onto more products

Old 06-28-2019, 01:07 AM   #97
Suprareal
Zilvia Junkie

First test drive didn’t go great. Few bugs made their way out like one would expect. Nothing that wasn’t fixable and was back on its next test a couple days later

Now that the car was running great I drove it around normally in the neighborhood for a few miles monitoring the gauges and what not.
After seeing nothing but good signs I continued to drive harder not only on the motor but the suspension to test out the fab works design ( heavy braking, quick fast corners, etc)

Parked the car jacked it up to inspect the entire chassis and found my tension rod mount on the passenger side started to bend just enough to crack the paint. So I addressed that problem quick with a added gusset which meant grinding paint down, welding, and re painting ( with airbrush)

This was something I should have done originally but overlooked it but now all is fine !
Around 100 miles later and surprisingly nothing else has went wrong ! Car drives like a daily besides the heavy clutch.
Wish I could upload videos

Finally the cars “finished” for now. It really kicked my ass ! Fuel system and management will likely come sooner than later.

Will soon do a quick photo shoot on the car and upload lots of quality pics !

Old 06-28-2019, 06:40 AM   #98
gixxerbob
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (1)
gixxerbob is a well-known jackass
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
These heavy fabrication DIY/at home builds are the best and builds like yours solidify my decision to make a thread with my s14 when I pull it out of storage. Its awesome to see another garage fabricator getting it done! You should be really proud of your work. A lot of shops can't turn out this quality of work. Keep the fabrication updates coming!

.....where's your radiator cap?
gixxerbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2019, 08:37 AM   #99
RedSnow
Leaky Injector

RedSnow is an unknown quantity at this point
looks fantastic! good job!
RedSnow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2019, 10:33 AM   #100
Suprareal
Zilvia Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by gixxerbob View Post
These heavy fabrication DIY/at home builds are the best and builds like yours solidify my decision to make a thread with my s14 when I pull it out of storage. Its awesome to see another garage fabricator getting it done! You should be really proud of your work. A lot of shops can't turn out this quality of work. Keep the fabrication updates coming!

.....where's your radiator cap?

Thanks much appreciated !
I’m running Evans waterless coolant so there’s little to no expansion with it. A radiator cap isn’t actually needed in this application BUT there is one on the radiator Incase pressure does build up. I also made a custom cap that bolts onto the AN on the upper neck if I decide to later run regular coolant

Old 06-28-2019, 10:33 AM   #101
Suprareal
Zilvia Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedSnow View Post
looks fantastic! good job!

Thank you !

Old 07-07-2019, 12:06 PM   #102
Suprareal
Zilvia Junkie

Still running strong ! My walbro 255 gave out after 6-7 years of use. I replaced it with the e85 compliant walbro 450 for later hp goals.

Here’s a few better pics

Old 07-08-2019, 05:42 AM   #103
d_nice
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (39)
d_nice is a well-known jackass
Feedback Score: 39 reviews
Wow man looking good. Bump for you.
d_nice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2020, 12:04 AM   #104
Suprareal
Zilvia Junkie

2 events on the JZ already and loving it

I had a problem with my work wheels hitting my tension rod and stressing the bolt so I came up with a bolt on brace solution

I’ve finally moved my business Defworx into a shop with a lift. Wishing I had this when building my cars !

Decided to make a new trans mount for myself since what i made before was meant to be temporary. This one I do sell on the website !

Designated hard park zone

Last edited by Suprareal; 02-06-2020 at 10:58 AM..
Old 02-06-2020, 12:09 AM   #105
s13 @ fullboost
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (15)
s13 @ fullboost is close to perfections13 @ fullboost is close to perfections13 @ fullboost is close to perfections13 @ fullboost is close to perfections13 @ fullboost is close to perfections13 @ fullboost is close to perfections13 @ fullboost is close to perfections13 @ fullboost is close to perfections13 @ fullboost is close to perfections13 @ fullboost is close to perfections13 @ fullboost is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 15 reviews
Send a message via AIM to s13 @ fullboost
Your car is beautiful.

The quality of the work & fabrication is outstanding.
Old 02-06-2020, 12:10 AM   #106
Suprareal
Zilvia Junkie

Stock axles weren’t cutting it anymore so I went ahead and did the 350z swap. This service is also something Defworx offers ! Just bolt up stock 350z axles after the service it’s that easy.

Old 02-06-2020, 07:44 AM   #107
nick_d_240sx
Leaky Injector

nick_d_240sx is not welcome here anymorenick_d_240sx is not welcome here anymorenick_d_240sx is not welcome here anymorenick_d_240sx is not welcome here anymorenick_d_240sx is not welcome here anymorenick_d_240sx is not welcome here anymorenick_d_240sx is not welcome here anymorenick_d_240sx is not welcome here anymorenick_d_240sx is not welcome here anymorenick_d_240sx is not welcome here anymorenick_d_240sx is not welcome here anymore
Top notch quality build! Awesome fabrication work! Just plain wicked!
Old 02-06-2020, 07:57 AM   #108
S14rebuild
BANNED

Trader Rating: (8)
S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
Car looks amazing! Im running ur s14 front bashbar. Fits perfect!
S14rebuild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2020, 08:20 AM   #109
BiG MiKE86
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (12)
BiG MiKE86 is just really niceBiG MiKE86 is just really niceBiG MiKE86 is just really niceBiG MiKE86 is just really niceBiG MiKE86 is just really niceBiG MiKE86 is just really niceBiG MiKE86 is just really niceBiG MiKE86 is just really nice
Feedback Score: 12 reviews
Send a message via AIM to BiG MiKE86
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suprareal View Post
Decided to make a new trans mount for myself since what i made before was meant to be temporary. This one I do sell on the website !
Hey maybe I missed it but whats your website? Im actually looking for a trans mount bracket at the moment for my swap and yours looks really good.

*Edit*

Nevermind i found it! For anyone else who may be interested
https://www.defworxshop.com/product/...smission-mount

Which mount are you using? Im looking up stock trans mounts for that tranny and im getting some weird results that dont match.

Thanks again! Truly inspiring build
Old 02-07-2020, 12:03 PM   #110
Suprareal
Zilvia Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BiG MiKE86 View Post
Hey maybe I missed it but whats your website? Im actually looking for a trans mount bracket at the moment for my swap and yours looks really good.

*Edit*

Nevermind i found it! For anyone else who may be interested
https://www.defworxshop.com/product/...smission-mount

Which mount are you using? Im looking up stock trans mounts for that tranny and im getting some weird results that dont match.

Thanks again! Truly inspiring build

Hey I think I got your order thanks !
My actual mount is just a eBay solid aluminum from stock ka/sr. They bolt right up to the CD trans. You can use any mount that style with my crossmember. Let me know if you have any more questions
[email protected]

Old 02-07-2020, 12:03 PM   #111
Suprareal
Zilvia Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by S14rebuild View Post
Car looks amazing! Im running ur s14 front bashbar. Fits perfect!

Awesome thanks for your support !

Old 02-07-2020, 12:04 PM   #112
Suprareal
Zilvia Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by nick_d_240sx View Post
Top notch quality build! Awesome fabrication work! Just plain wicked!

Much appreciated!

Old 02-07-2020, 12:05 PM   #113
Suprareal
Zilvia Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by s13 @ fullboost View Post
Your car is beautiful.

The quality of the work & fabrication is outstanding.

Thanks I really appreciate it !

Old 02-07-2020, 01:15 PM   #114
BiG MiKE86
Nissanaholic!

BiG MiKE86 is just really niceBiG MiKE86 is just really niceBiG MiKE86 is just really niceBiG MiKE86 is just really niceBiG MiKE86 is just really niceBiG MiKE86 is just really niceBiG MiKE86 is just really niceBiG MiKE86 is just really nice
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suprareal View Post
Hey I think I got your order thanks !
My actual mount is just a eBay solid aluminum from stock ka/sr. They bolt right up to the CD trans. You can use any mount that style with my crossmember. Let me know if you have any more questions
[email protected]

Yep that was my order this morning. Thanks for the info!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Old 02-07-2020, 06:48 PM   #115
slider2828
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (13)
slider2828 is close to perfectionslider2828 is close to perfectionslider2828 is close to perfectionslider2828 is close to perfectionslider2828 is close to perfectionslider2828 is close to perfectionslider2828 is close to perfectionslider2828 is close to perfectionslider2828 is close to perfectionslider2828 is close to perfectionslider2828 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 13 reviews
Quote:
Yep that was my order this morning. Thanks for the info!

Oh shit Big Mike you are still on Zilvia... Its been ages!!! Defworx definitely sick...

Elephant in the room is that Ivan Stewart's Tacoma??!? That livery looks super familiar.
Old 02-07-2020, 06:49 PM   #116
BiG MiKE86
Nissanaholic!

Quote:
Originally Posted by slider2828 View Post
Oh shit Big Mike you are still on Zilvia... Its been ages!!! Defworx definitely sick...

Elephant in the room is that Ivan Stewart's Tacoma??!? That livery looks super familiar.

Haha yeah man just be lurking and dormant the past few years. Bringing the build back to life with some goodies which now include a Defworks bracket

Old 02-07-2020, 07:19 PM   #117
Suprareal
Zilvia Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by slider2828 View Post

The shell on the wall? Yeah I rent the place with Ted moncure / Long Beach racers and wicked strong monster truck team
Here’s one of teds current trophy truck
I’m slowly trying to get into the off-road world both for fun and fabrication wise. Much more expensive to dive into then drifting!

Old 02-07-2020, 07:27 PM   #118
Suprareal
Zilvia Junkie

Few more pictures to share in the shop

Our local track AVS can really get a car dirty. Almost fitting it with the other Baja guys here haha

Old 03-01-2020, 07:20 PM   #119
BiG MiKE86
Nissanaholic!

Hey what engine brackets and mounts are you using? Thinking I need something other than solid mounts this time around
Old 05-03-2020, 12:29 PM   #120
Suprareal
Zilvia Junkie

Quote:
Hey what engine brackets and mounts are you using? Thinking I need something other than solid mounts this time around

Hey sorry for the late reply. The brackets are Defworx I make myself. The mounts themselves are just KA/SR ISR