Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat > Builds (and builds only)

Builds (and builds only) Got a build thread? It goes here, build threads anywhere else on the forum will be locked and never moved.

Old 11-14-2014, 12:34 AM   #31
ESCAPE!
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (2)
ESCAPE! is making a name for him/her selfESCAPE! is making a name for him/her self
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Thanks everyone for all the comments! Always great motivation to see theres people out there who appreciate what your working on

And if anyone is doing the same swap and has questions feel free to ask!

Finished installing the gullwing door on one side today. It has been a ton of work.. Not sure it will be everyone's cup of tea..

Old 11-14-2014, 11:53 AM   #32
Almighty So
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (12)
Almighty So has a reputation beyond reputeAlmighty So has a reputation beyond reputeAlmighty So has a reputation beyond reputeAlmighty So has a reputation beyond reputeAlmighty So has a reputation beyond reputeAlmighty So has a reputation beyond reputeAlmighty So has a reputation beyond reputeAlmighty So has a reputation beyond reputeAlmighty So has a reputation beyond reputeAlmighty So has a reputation beyond reputeAlmighty So has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 12 reviews
fucking yes.
Almighty So is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2014, 07:09 PM   #33
Ka24Power
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (6)
Ka24Power has much to be proud ofKa24Power has much to be proud ofKa24Power has much to be proud ofKa24Power has much to be proud ofKa24Power has much to be proud ofKa24Power has much to be proud ofKa24Power has much to be proud ofKa24Power has much to be proud ofKa24Power has much to be proud ofKa24Power has much to be proud ofKa24Power has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
haha hell yeah
Ka24Power is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2014, 12:33 AM   #34
like_em_sidewayzz
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (0)
like_em_sidewayzz is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
sick build !!
like_em_sidewayzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2014, 08:36 AM   #35
Dolph_KYAS13
Zilvia Addict

Dolph_KYAS13 has a reputation beyond reputeDolph_KYAS13 has a reputation beyond reputeDolph_KYAS13 has a reputation beyond reputeDolph_KYAS13 has a reputation beyond reputeDolph_KYAS13 has a reputation beyond reputeDolph_KYAS13 has a reputation beyond reputeDolph_KYAS13 has a reputation beyond reputeDolph_KYAS13 has a reputation beyond reputeDolph_KYAS13 has a reputation beyond reputeDolph_KYAS13 has a reputation beyond reputeDolph_KYAS13 has a reputation beyond repute
This Is so good
Old 11-16-2014, 02:31 PM   #36
Ka24Power
Zilvia Member

Ka24Power has much to be proud ofKa24Power has much to be proud ofKa24Power has much to be proud ofKa24Power has much to be proud ofKa24Power has much to be proud ofKa24Power has much to be proud ofKa24Power has much to be proud ofKa24Power has much to be proud ofKa24Power has much to be proud ofKa24Power has much to be proud ofKa24Power has much to be proud of
Universal lambo kit retrofit, or is it an s13 specific kit? How's it clear around the fenders?
Old 11-17-2014, 06:18 AM   #37
maces13
Leaky Injector

maces13 is an unknown quantity at this point
I'm diggin your style dude, it's nice to see someone that got legit parts and actually uses em right.. Large scheme of things it's seldom seen, at least down here. Keep it up man
maces13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2014, 11:07 AM   #38
shift_haystack

shift_haystack is an unknown quantity at this point
i like the parts you put on the car great eye for unique jdm parts cheers
shift_haystack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2014, 11:13 AM   #39
O$mo
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (7)
O$mo is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by ESCAPE! View Post

Finished installing the gullwing door on one side today. It has been a ton of work.. Not sure it will be everyone's cup of tea..
So? as long as its done with quality in mind who cares, its your car

P.S. it looks sweet lol
Old 11-17-2014, 09:58 PM   #40
ESCAPE!
Zilvia Member

ESCAPE! is making a name for him/her selfESCAPE! is making a name for him/her self
Thanks everyone!!!

Heres a photo of the actual hinge after being modified

My Panasport C5C2 also arrived, they were in a bit worse shape than they looked in the pictures so i pulled them apart right away to be polished up. They are all back together now with tires mounted. Will get some photos soon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ka24Power View Post
Universal lambo kit retrofit, or is it an s13 specific kit? How's it clear around the fenders?
It was actually a kit for a mustang.. Its from vertical doors USA so its one of the more expensive/quality kits available ($1200 ish). I got it for just 20k yen brand new in box. I was able to save a lot of money this way and since the S13 has weld-on hinges on the doors i knew i wasnt going to get a completely bolt on kit anyways..

Fender clearance is fine, had to cut off the lip off at the back though. Routing the wiring harness off the door has been a bit interesting as well, still working on that

Quote:
Originally Posted by O$mo View Post
So? as long as its done with quality in mind who cares, its your car

P.S. it looks sweet lol
Yeah thats very true, im pretty excited about them hahah
Old 11-18-2014, 12:11 AM   #41
Ka24Power
Zilvia Member

Thats sweet, can you post some more pictures with a fender on when its complete? Lambo doors get a bad rap but they're bad as fuck. I dig that blitz horn button, I have the same one.
Old 11-18-2014, 08:01 PM   #42
ESCAPE!
Zilvia Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ka24Power View Post
Thats sweet, can you post some more pictures with a fender on when its complete? Lambo doors get a bad rap but they're bad as fuck. I dig that blitz horn button, I have the same one.
Yes for sure when i'm done! I ended up paying more than i should have for that horn button because i wanted it so bad :;(∩´﹏`∩);: Oh well...
Old 12-08-2014, 07:24 PM   #43
jasonkg

jasonkg is an unknown quantity at this point
Delete please
jasonkg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2014, 07:42 PM   #44
supersayianjim
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (10)
supersayianjim will become famous soon enoughsupersayianjim will become famous soon enoughsupersayianjim will become famous soon enoughsupersayianjim will become famous soon enough
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
sweet

fucking

build!!
supersayianjim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2014, 08:45 PM   #45
Hoonigan19
Leaky Injector

Hoonigan19 is an unknown quantity at this point
Dude fucking nice build . IF you ever sell this car, let me know , I'm in Calgary...
know anyone with a nice 240sx s13 for sale btw?
Hoonigan19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2014, 01:45 PM   #46
Heywood Jablomie
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (1)
Heywood Jablomie is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Man only a car this well put together could pull off lambo doors
Heywood Jablomie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2015, 11:12 PM   #47
ESCAPE!
Zilvia Member

Thanks for the comments everyone!!!

Plumbed in this catch can..

Spent a good part of my day adjusting/aligning my front suspension/steering setup. I had to go back to my old tie rods without the built in spacers, the Kazama ones plus the knuckles were giving me an insane amount of angle and it was on the verge of going over center

To make it work with the Kazamas i would have to go very low offset wheels, move the rack forward (or some sort of offset rack spacer) and probably widebody front fenders (which might end up happening at some point...). Anyways it steers, doesnt hit the tension rod but the angle is meh for now

Pulled my plugs out the other day, cylinders 1,3 and 4 looked a bit lean so i decided to get my injectors cleaned, flow tested and blueprinted

Nothing was super out of check or anything so i dont know if it was needed but good piece of mind either way

Took the opportunity to install my oldschool TOMEI fuel rail

Going to try and run it with my OEM FPR to keep things simple, i ordered an adapter that should allow me to make that possible so we'll see how it goes

Heres my adapter that i modified, it was originally to adapt a -6 fitting on to an OEM rail but i flipped it and drilled it out so the OEM FPR could fit in

Picked up some HKS 2-way adjustable pillowball mounts. You can adjust camber and castor with these, they are very cool. You can also flip them from left to right depending if you want to really stand up or lay down the castor angle

Since i have TEIN coilovers i had to drill and tap the HKS top nut

Currently have the castor angle decreased a few degrees from stock

Installed an ARC pipe that replaces the "twin turbo" pipe. Helps with turbo shuffle/flow and increased low end a bit apparently. Also looks cool

I sold my Panasport C5C2 (sizes werent really working for my setup) so i had to get a random picture of all the wheels together before they went to their new home

My old toe arms were very close to the subframe studs and probably would have hit under load so i had to get toe arms with a bend in them.... and new traction rods

And new upper arms..

The Toe and Traction arms are SPL titanium, not very JDM for my car but theyre very nice arms! The Upper arms are Ikeya Formula that were "used on the circuit 3 times" in Japan so they are very mint!

Always wanted a HUD in my car, the OEM nissan one is cool but i would have ran into issues running it with my analog Nismo cluster so i bought a Defi VSD concept unit

Displays all kinds of things if you hook it up to a Defi control unit with other gauges but i will just be using it for RPM and speed

Also you may be wondering what will be replacing the Panasports...

These should be here in ~ 1 week. They are Stich mesh in 17x 8J +5 and 17x9J +11

Still doing more parts buying... This stuff is all on its way still but im too excited so i have to post it lol

Autoselect brake master cylinder. Will give me better pedal feel and also get my brake lines further away from my engine since it is designed for RHD

Bomex aero mirrors. To those who havent seen these on a car they are similar to the RE amemiya mirrors for an FC in the way that they swoop back along the door

R31 GTS-R tappet covers. I really like the "all business" race look these covers have when theyre fitted

2 of my new wheels showed up (1 front1 rear)

The fronts seem to fit pretty nicely, havent test fit the rear yet, will be pretty aggressive... The rear also has a bit of a dent that i will try to pound out, pretty lame

Started work on my covers, these are going to be my little side project for the next while.

Started removing the coilpack cover mounts and casting marks on the "flange" part of the cover

Will also be moving the breathers to the back of the covers, possibly do weld on AN fittings as it will be the easiest

As well as continuing these missing sections of fins (where the crossover pipe on the R31 goes)

Also TOMEI racing hooks. That is all

Old 01-22-2015, 10:17 AM   #48
smoked240
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (4)
smoked240 is not welcome here anymoresmoked240 is not welcome here anymoresmoked240 is not welcome here anymoresmoked240 is not welcome here anymoresmoked240 is not welcome here anymoresmoked240 is not welcome here anymoresmoked240 is not welcome here anymoresmoked240 is not welcome here anymoresmoked240 is not welcome here anymore
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Send a message via MSN to smoked240
Very nice. Question about your catch can. Do you have it vent to atmosphere?
Old 01-22-2015, 10:51 AM   #49
MrFairlady
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (31)
MrFairlady has a brilliant futureMrFairlady has a brilliant futureMrFairlady has a brilliant futureMrFairlady has a brilliant futureMrFairlady has a brilliant futureMrFairlady has a brilliant futureMrFairlady has a brilliant futureMrFairlady has a brilliant futureMrFairlady has a brilliant futureMrFairlady has a brilliant futureMrFairlady has a brilliant future
Feedback Score: 31 reviews
Send a message via AIM to MrFairlady
IM in!!!
Amazing parts - Caster/Camber plates blew my mind. Shit is rad
Old 01-22-2015, 09:00 PM   #50
ESCAPE!
Zilvia Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by smoked240 View Post
Very nice. Question about your catch can. Do you have it vent to atmosphere?
No it is not. I might be changing some things with it when i install the new covers...
Old 01-22-2015, 10:32 PM   #51
jrs13silvia

Trader Rating: (1)
jrs13silvia is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Very nice attention to detail.
jrs13silvia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2015, 02:20 PM   #52
smoked240
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (4)
smoked240 is not welcome here anymoresmoked240 is not welcome here anymoresmoked240 is not welcome here anymoresmoked240 is not welcome here anymoresmoked240 is not welcome here anymoresmoked240 is not welcome here anymoresmoked240 is not welcome here anymoresmoked240 is not welcome here anymoresmoked240 is not welcome here anymore
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Send a message via MSN to smoked240
Quote:
Originally Posted by ESCAPE! View Post
No it is not. I might be changing some things with it when i install the new covers...
Do you just have the two valve cover hoses going to it?
Old 01-23-2015, 02:32 PM   #53
GregS13grist

GregS13grist is an unknown quantity at this point
This is so beast. Props.
GregS13grist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2015, 03:40 PM   #54
killer240
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (24)
killer240 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 24 reviews
Wow so much cool stuff in here! Very interesting build!
Old 01-24-2015, 09:50 AM   #55
ESCAPE!
Zilvia Member

Thanks^ Glad everyone appreciates the attention to detail and all the little parts I've spent years aquiring.

Quote:
Originally Posted by smoked240 View Post
Do you just have the two valve cover hoses going to it?
1 hose comes off the right valve cover (which is connected to the breather on the left cover with the oem hoses), then goes to the catch can. 2nd hose goes from the catch can to the intake pipe before the turbo
Old 03-09-2015, 02:42 PM   #56
wolfpack
Zilvia Member

wolfpack is an unknown quantity at this point
Awesome build!!!
Old 03-09-2015, 04:15 PM   #57
Apex Eight
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (3)
Apex Eight is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
This build is too cool to not be updated more often!
Apex Eight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2015, 09:51 PM   #58
ESCAPE!
Zilvia Member

I agree! ^

Autoselect brake master cylinder showed up as well as the brake line kit

The master cylinder came from a BNR34 so therefore was abs. I assumed when i bought it that it would be like some of the oem nissan BMCs and the third port would be blocked off and possibly need a flare fitting. Turned out the third port just wasnt drilled and i had to drill it out which was slightly terrifying on a ¥76,800 master...

I had to swap to a non-ABS brake booster so the lines wouldnt hit the strut tower. Anything to do with removing the brake booster/brake pedal bracket is my least favourite job to do on these cars lol

Everything on the brake line kit fit quite nicely, i did run the lines through some thermal sleeve as they are routed across the front crossmember and somewhat close to the downpipe. Also just helps to keep the lines all routed together nicely and protected from other elements (not just heat)

Other 2 wheels decided to show up after sitting in richmond for a week. Mounted some 215/40 RT615s on the 8J fronts and clearance wise everything seems perfect up front

Slowly making some more progress on the GTS-R covers on the side

Tomei Racing hooks showed up, super cool having some new in box parts the havent been made for ages. However i dont think im going to be running them, front one would sit way too low (possibly interfer with bumper as well) and rear one doent fit with the aero bumper.

They are super cool i think theyre just designed with a stock aero Silvia in mind. However i may incorporate the front one when i design/build a front bumper rebar and have it higher up. We'll see

Bought some stupid things last week. This is the kind of thing that keeps pushing back the actual "completion" of this car.. Basically ive been on the fence about getting these for the past 6 months and finally pulled the trigger.

I tried to re-upholster my factory panels but it was frustrating and i couldnt get it to look nice. Thats basically what convinced me to buy the carbon door panels. They wont be here until mid April- ish unfortunately but i cant wait.

Also picked up a couple of head cushions for my Zeta 1 since mine were missing... exciting stuff :/

Lastly heres an aero test fit shot with the Bomex valance i recently got!

Old 03-10-2015, 11:13 PM   #59
ArtofSpeed

ArtofSpeed is an unknown quantity at this point
sick build..
ArtofSpeed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2015, 05:11 AM   #60
turbo2nr
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (8)
turbo2nr will become famous soon enoughturbo2nr will become famous soon enoughturbo2nr will become famous soon enoughturbo2nr will become famous soon enoughturbo2nr will become famous soon enough
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
Send a message via AIM to turbo2nr
I love how you are keeping it era specific with your part choices. Good job ! cant wait for more progress.

s14 kouki ka-t
turbo2nr is offline   Reply With Quote