Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat > Builds (and builds only)

Builds (and builds only) Got a build thread? It goes here, build threads anywhere else on the forum will be locked and never moved.

Old 03-24-2022, 10:22 AM   #31
Jyttah
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (0)
Jyttah is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
A lot has happend since last i posted.
New job, buying a house and doing even more shit to the cars.

When i left off, the car couldnt start. So after a lot of research, i figured out the fuelpump was dead. It was a Walbro 255. So instead of putting a OEM pump in, i settled for a AEM 320L pump.
And at the same time, i also hardwired it.

My friend made a new section of frame to the left side as the original was crushed a bit. If youre interested in one of these, let me know.

I also created a quick IC leak tester with some 3D print and a valve.

Just for fun, i took a quick picture of the interior lightning. I cant wait to drive it!

And lastly, i bought a proper pigtail for the Kouki lights.
Sponsored Links
Old 03-06-2023, 10:49 AM   #32
adey
Post Whore!

adey is an unknown quantity at this point
holy cow I just found this thread and I love it!!! You're doing such cool things to this car.... I hope it's still a work in progress, or, better yet, already done?!?

Keep it up, and keep the posts coming!!
Old 03-14-2023, 01:13 PM   #33
Jyttah
Leaky Injector

Quote:
Originally Posted by adey View Post
holy cow I just found this thread and I love it!!! You're doing such cool things to this car.... I hope it's still a work in progress, or, better yet, already done?!?

Keep it up, and keep the posts coming!!
Thanks Sir. Really appreciate it! I also saw you found my instagram profile :P

Unfortunally its not out driving... yet. Some changes in life made this car a lower priority. But hopefully it will be done this summer.

But trust me. Theres gonna be some updates in a month or so.
Old 08-12-2023, 06:42 AM   #34
Jyttah
Leaky Injector

Well, i guess its time for another update on this build.

Since i sold my other S13, i wanted to get this one road-legal and get it registered. For registering it, it needs to pass a "syn" - A Danish version of MOT. So i needed to put different wheels on it and fit a bumper.

I picked up the car from the mechanic since it had some issues with leaking oil. That was fixed, and then it started to drive like shit. By some reason, the hose from the fuel pump inside the tank, broke. That was fixed and a friend and i picked up the car

I bought a set of wheels so i could get it through syn, as the Work wheels are 8" in the front an 9" in the back.

And yes, this is what a 99% OEM engine bay looks like

As the car isnt registered in Denmark, i cant get number plates on it, but i can buy temp-plates so i can drive till and from a workshop or "syn"

Its funny its just a sticker

bumper installed and almost ready for the first drive

But first, i needed some safety equipment as i didn't want to risk it.

Arrived at "syn" and the first thing i saw was this lovely dog. naturally i had to pet it!

Car went in, car went up on the lift

The guy looked through the car, checked all bushings, tested brakes, took a test drive (He started by going into the passenger-side and mentioned, somebody moved the steering wheel)
All in all, everything looked good.
But... Unfortunately it did pollute to much, so it failed.
I went home and checked the sparkplugs, and all looked good

The guy told me it could be the catalytic converter that wasn't warm enough, so he recommended me to take a long test drive and get it proper warm, so i did that and came back.
[IMG]

But that didn't change much. We both agreed that it might be the catalytic converter might be dead. So i went to get a new universal 400 cells cat, and went to get the flanges welded on it.

And also, if you don't know how an OEM exhaust look, here it is:

I drove it back to "syn", and it failed once again. At this point I don't know what to do to get the pollution down to an acceptable amount.
The engine is on stock ECU, Stock injectors, 320L Fuelpump, T28 china turbo, OEM intercooler, 400 cell cat, oem exhaust but with 3" downpipe, NGK BKR6E-11 sparkplugs.
So if anyone knows who to get the CO in the exhaust down from 1.7 to under 0.5, please let me know!
Old 08-12-2023, 09:12 AM   #35
AKADriver
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (1)
AKADriver has a reputation beyond reputeAKADriver has a reputation beyond reputeAKADriver has a reputation beyond reputeAKADriver has a reputation beyond reputeAKADriver has a reputation beyond reputeAKADriver has a reputation beyond reputeAKADriver has a reputation beyond reputeAKADriver has a reputation beyond reputeAKADriver has a reputation beyond reputeAKADriver has a reputation beyond reputeAKADriver has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
High CO is rich mix/incomplete combustion and you're not TOO far off. The spark plug does look a little rich to me.

If you're running the stock fuel rail and everything else stock, the fuel pressure regulator may not be able to bleed off quite enough pressure at low rpm/idle from the big fuel pump.

You might also use a lower heat range plug with a hotter spark at idle/cruise (the tradeoff being more risk of detonation, but they're not doing a WOT run for the emissions test, right?). BKR5E-11 is super common even in some turbo OEM applications like the VG30DETT, I know the 6 heat range is what the CA used stock though.
AKADriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2023, 12:05 PM   #36
Jyttah
Leaky Injector

Quote:
Originally Posted by AKADriver View Post
High CO is rich mix/incomplete combustion and you're not TOO far off. The spark plug does look a little rich to me.

If you're running the stock fuel rail and everything else stock, the fuel pressure regulator may not be able to bleed off quite enough pressure at low rpm/idle from the big fuel pump.

You might also use a lower heat range plug with a hotter spark at idle/cruise (the tradeoff being more risk of detonation, but they're not doing a WOT run for the emissions test, right?). BKR5E-11 is super common even in some turbo OEM applications like the VG30DETT, I know the 6 heat range is what the CA used stock though.
Thanks for the information. I did think of getting a fuel pressure regulator installed. I guess thats almost a requirement for a road-legal OEM+ build like this.
And they test the car at idle, and at around 2500rpm
Old 10-02-2023, 12:43 PM   #37
Jyttah
Leaky Injector

It passed MOT!
After changing the catalytic converter again, and installed other sparkplugs (and a lot of other things thats not relevant)
But it passed.
waited 3 weeks for the danish goverment to tell me I need to pay something like 7500USD/7100EUR to be able to register it. Paid it and went to get numberplates.
Then they told me they cant give me numberplates as the car is from outside the EU. So I need to get a permit for this... So now i have to wait for another week for this permit... Gotta love bureaucracy.

Anyway. In the 3 weeks i waited for an answer, I continued to get the car ready for the "low life"
First of, some fuel. Gotta love Octane100

And this is the before lowering:

And this is after. still need to get an alignment, so camber is shit

I know its not crazy low, but i want it to be driveable as we have some insane bumps everywhere.

Because of the lowness of the car, I had to hammer the fenders a bit.

And since the wires in the front is still op top of the wheels, i had to do the classic wiretuck like everybody else owning an S13

I bought an extra subframe and got it powdercoated satin black.

And interior-wise,
I installed my steering wheel, created a one-of cupholder, and figured out how I will install the air tank and compressor for the aircups

And last of, i removed all fiberglass as i need to make sure the fitment is perfect for paint.

Old 10-02-2023, 07:22 PM   #38
tuzzio
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (3)
tuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jyttah View Post
waited 3 weeks for the danish goverment to tell me I need to pay something like 7500USD/7100EUR to be able to register it.
I would've sold it right then and there.
tuzzio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2023, 10:47 AM   #39
collegekid
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (4)
collegekid is a name known to allcollegekid is a name known to allcollegekid is a name known to allcollegekid is a name known to allcollegekid is a name known to allcollegekid is a name known to allcollegekid is a name known to allcollegekid is a name known to allcollegekid is a name known to allcollegekid is a name known to allcollegekid is a name known to all
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jyttah View Post
It passed MOT!

waited 3 weeks for the danish goverment to tell me I need to pay something like 7500USD/7100EUR to be able to register it. Paid it and went to get numberplates.

Can you explain more on this?
I'm genuinely curious on why it costs this much?

I'm in the US, registering a personal vehicle costs $40 USD/38.22 Euro for 1 year.
In addition to that, I have to carry auto insurance ( about $1000 USD/955 Euro ) for 1 year, and I have to get my car inspected every year at a cost of $50 USD/ 48 Euro.

This is for my nissan 240sx which was already sold in the US.
I'm not sure what the guys who import them under the 25 year rule are paying, but I know it's nowhere near $7500 USD/7100 Euro.
collegekid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2023, 01:07 PM   #40
Jyttah
Leaky Injector

Quote:
Originally Posted by collegekid View Post
Can you explain more on this?
I'm genuinely curious on why it costs this much?

I'm in the US, registering a personal vehicle costs $40 USD/38.22 Euro for 1 year.
In addition to that, I have to carry auto insurance ( about $1000 USD/955 Euro ) for 1 year, and I have to get my car inspected every year at a cost of $50 USD/ 48 Euro.

This is for my nissan 240sx which was already sold in the US.
I'm not sure what the guys who import them under the 25 year rule are paying, but I know it's nowhere near $7500 USD/7100 Euro.
Denmark is not part of the US, And we have 150% tax on new cars. Older cars cost less to import, but this price is based on similar cars for sale, new price and because of new laws, its also based on how economically the car is.
And a similar car for sale in Denmark with Danish registration costs around 21000USD/20100EUR

And on top of paying the import-tax, i also have to pay 193USD/185EUR for a set of numberplates.
But the car is a veteran-car as its older than 30 years, so insurance that covers everything with roadhelp, glass insurance and so on, only cost 350USD/335EUR a year.

But yeah, everything is expensive in Denmark, But we are one of the happiest cuontries in the world
Old 11-05-2023, 10:45 AM   #41
Jyttah
Leaky Injector

Its about time to de-legalize the car. First of, i just had to install the front lip. It was not installed earlier as i was afraid i would rip it off going over bumps and it could be an issue at MOT.
So on it went!

And also, the Sunset Mica Bronze on the valve covers do look good - even with condensation on it.

I wanted to drive the car a bit around, but unfortunately, the battery gave up. Couldnt hold its charge overnight. But luckily its only 2 years old, and it have a 3 year guarantee. So free replacement!

went to a friend, and had to take a picture of the car in the parking lot.

The style is kinda growing on me.

But its an old car, so something went wrong.
The ABS light turned on randomly.

I went home measured resistance on all sensors and plugged them back in, and the light disappeared. Its the small victories

I had to mount the TypeX wing to see how it looked. And i cant wait to install it permanently.

I did a bit of driving with the new amount of lowering and figured i needed an alignment. So went to a friend and he went to work.

Im sure the rear subframe never had an alignment done as it was rusty as fuck, and we couldnt get the camberarm going. So i went with plan B.
Replace the subframe and all arms. As mentioned earlier, i bought a subframe, and i had Driftworks arms laying for a long time. So now is the time to install them!

As a side project, i had to do a bit of 3D scanning for a friend. And the scanner just works better with a beer.

And tell me you own a Nissan without telling me you own a Nissan:

When i had the back of the car up, i might as well install the TypeX rear valances

The subframe was lowered and the new supframe was put together. All in all, it took about 3 evenings to do. And that was including treating the underside of the chassis.

And since the whole thing was out, i might as well add some new differential oil. And i cannot explain how much i hate the smell of used diff-oil!!!

adjusted the camber quick to 0 degree and threw the wheels on.

And the big idiot i an, i forgot that the car gets more camber the lower it is. So im again back to -3 degree camber. well, it needs a realignment anyway

Anyway, its back on the ground and i just had to take a quick testdrive

Old 12-03-2023, 09:19 AM   #42
Jyttah
Leaky Injector

For a long time i wanted to put some stereo in the car that was fitting the OEM style. But unfortunally i couldnt find any solution on my requirement of reverse camera and bluetooth.

So I just accepted that i had to go double DIN.
First off, i had to create a quick bracket for the 6,5" JBL Club 622

And as the doorpanels were off, i thought i might as well clean up the speaker-grill.

As Black Friday came closer, i found a pretty good deal on a Pioneer DMH-A240BT and set of Alpine SXE-4625S 4x6 speakers for the rear.

I did add thick speaker cables to the car a long time ago, so the install was pretty easy.

Out with the old and in with the new

Also, As i now have removed the equalize, its up for grabs if anyone is interested. I do not have the wire harness, so i dont even know if it works. But it does have a cool 80s vibe!

Also because of black friday, i bought something else. I wont mention anything, but the fit on these

And as the exterior have to be painted in the start next year, it was about time to install the replica TypeX spoiler. The spoiler had 4 holes for m6 bolts, but i wanted to convert it to studs instead, so some m6 threaded rod, an anglegrinder and a bit of engineering and its done.

Unfortunally i also had to drill out some holes under, so i could install nuts. I hate i had to drill holes, but there was some support around the wiper motor, so it was impossible to get a bolt or not in there.

It got some zinc primer added to the holes, so theres no bare metal. and again, it will be painted soon.

As the last thing, i bought a 6x70->6x74mm adapter for my Nardi wheel, so i could remove the snap-off. But now the horn button is to close to the steering-shaft, so it cant be installed. So now i need a spacer for my adapter...

Old 12-04-2023, 09:55 AM   #43
zwzweston
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (4)
zwzweston is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Really cool to see the progress on this, it’s coming together very nicely. I agree about keeping the dragon lol
Old 01-20-2024, 08:49 AM   #44
Jyttah
Leaky Injector

Wink

New year, new me... Or not.

Still posting the same boring stuff about the same boring car.

But while im here, i might as well upload a few pictures of useless stuff that happend since last update.

First off, i bought another set of rear valances as the first set was in horrible condition.

The new set has a lot better fitment and does require absolutely minimal modification to get it to sit right.

I also got the middle piece installed with a small 3D printed piece. Used ASA as its strong and should hold up to the outside temperatures.

With the numberplate, its almost not visible.

Also took the car outside so i can see how the roof-wing would look. And i like it!

Also, the last topoff of fuel before new year

At the same time i had to park it next to my wifes Tesla.
all of a sudden, the S13 looks pretty tiny

I did an eyeball alignment so i can drive it to an alignment shop once im finished with playing around with the height of the car.

I still need to install front tension rod and FLCA

As i have the front of the car up in the air, i figured i might as well install the Mishimoto intercooler i have laying around.
And i also wanted to make it look as stealth as possible, so lower piping and intercooler itself is black

I still need to figure out the intake piping from airfilter to turbo, and also battery placement. I want to keep the battery in the enginebay, so i need to create a bracket of some kind.

Somehow i forgot i had access to yahoo auctions, so i ordered a RHD S13 evaporator for my AC-project. Its in horrible condition, but it was the only one available. So after ive been looking for one for over 2 years, i finally bought it. I will give it som TLC as it deserves, and hopefully ill have some cold air this summer.

As a last thing, i found a set of wheels for sale locally. So i went off to pick them up. Unfortunally they did not come with centercaps, but luckily i have a 3D printer and to much time on my hands.

Thats it for now, but i might be back :P