Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat

Chat General Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 04-17-2022, 11:28 PM   #9571
FaLKoN240
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: (73)
FaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 73 reviews
I had a power lock actuator get stuck in my door. I had to destroy my kouki door panel to diagnose it and take it off. Pretty shitty.

Best way to do business with me? Make your best offer FIRST.
FaLKoN240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-09-2022, 09:23 AM   #9572
silviaks2nr
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (10)
silviaks2nr is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
Finished my oem+ luxury vibe interior. I took inspiration from 90s luxury car interiors and Ferrari for the leather color (cognac) Dyed the carpet and floormats black, installed sound deadening, then put on leather seat covers and did matching door inserts and center console lid. have more info in my build thread HERE

Old 07-10-2022, 08:28 AM   #9573
AKADriver
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (1)
AKADriver has a reputation beyond reputeAKADriver has a reputation beyond reputeAKADriver has a reputation beyond reputeAKADriver has a reputation beyond reputeAKADriver has a reputation beyond reputeAKADriver has a reputation beyond reputeAKADriver has a reputation beyond reputeAKADriver has a reputation beyond reputeAKADriver has a reputation beyond reputeAKADriver has a reputation beyond reputeAKADriver has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
What brand of wrap did you use for the wood? Wood isn't my taste but the execution is excellent.

The original owner of my car painted the shifter/radio bezel blue at some point, they did a good job and it's held up but it's also not my taste, I'm trying to decide between painting it again with a textured metallic gray or brushed metal look vinyl.
AKADriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2022, 07:41 AM   #9574
silviaks2nr
Nissanaholic!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AKADriver View Post
What brand of wrap did you use for the wood? Wood isn't my taste but the execution is excellent.

The original owner of my car painted the shifter/radio bezel blue at some point, they did a good job and it's held up but it's also not my taste, I'm trying to decide between painting it again with a textured metallic gray or brushed metal look vinyl.
It's hydro dipped actually. It's the best look, most OEMs now use this or a similar process for wood look interior panels.There are TONs of patterns you can go with. If done right carbon looks very realistic if that's more your jam. Whenever I've done carbon I put on a few coats of a candy black over top to get that deep look.
Old 07-11-2022, 07:46 AM   #9575
AKADriver
Post Whore!

AKADriver has a reputation beyond reputeAKADriver has a reputation beyond reputeAKADriver has a reputation beyond reputeAKADriver has a reputation beyond reputeAKADriver has a reputation beyond reputeAKADriver has a reputation beyond reputeAKADriver has a reputation beyond reputeAKADriver has a reputation beyond reputeAKADriver has a reputation beyond reputeAKADriver has a reputation beyond reputeAKADriver has a reputation beyond repute
Oh sweet. I'll look into that! Thanks!
Old 07-11-2022, 08:05 AM   #9576
silviaks2nr
Nissanaholic!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AKADriver View Post
Oh sweet. I'll look into that! Thanks!
no prob here's a closer up pic I grabbed from my thread

Old 07-11-2022, 01:50 PM   #9577
spooled240
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (27)
spooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 27 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by silviaks2nr View Post
Finished my oem+ luxury vibe interior. I took inspiration from 90s luxury car interiors and Ferrari for the leather color (cognac) Dyed the carpet and floormats black, installed sound deadening, then put on leather seat covers and did matching door inserts and center console lid. have more info in my build thread HERE
Looks great. S-chassis builds with performance AND comfort are rare. Any plans to do something with the steering wheel? Something like this would look nice
spooled240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2022, 01:51 PM   #9578
brndck
Premium Member

Trader Rating: (130)
brndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 130 reviews
Send a message via AIM to brndck
ngl that tan leather interior is VERY classy looking!!!

http://outslidersandsmokeproduce.blogspot.com/
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mannykiller View Post
it'll fit JANK.. and no one likes Jank except Broke ass zilvians.
brndck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2022, 07:51 PM   #9579
silviaks2nr
Nissanaholic!

Thanks! I would like to leather wrap the wheel but I'll probably keep it black. redlinegoods doesn't make an s14 wheel cover unfortunately or I would have already installed it.
Old 07-12-2022, 03:35 AM   #9580
ingmar F
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (0)
ingmar F is a jewel in the roughingmar F is a jewel in the roughingmar F is a jewel in the roughingmar F is a jewel in the roughingmar F is a jewel in the roughingmar F is a jewel in the roughingmar F is a jewel in the rough
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
that looks really nice!

maybe an S15 steering wheel partially wrapped in the same color leather would finish the OEM + look off.
ingmar F is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2022, 05:32 AM   #9581
jr_ss
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (35)
jr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 35 reviews
Send a message via AIM to jr_ss
Quote:
Thanks! I would like to leather wrap the wheel but I'll probably keep it black. redlinegoods doesn't make an s14 wheel cover unfortunately or I would have already installed it.
There?s a copy in Texas (I believe) that is relatively affordable for rewrapping with quality leather. I?ll see if I can dig it up, but it was like $300.
Old 07-12-2022, 12:03 PM   #9582
silviaks2nr
Nissanaholic!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jr_ss View Post
There?s a copy in Texas (I believe) that is relatively affordable for rewrapping with quality leather. I?ll see if I can dig it up, but it was like $300.
Let me know if you run across it again, I'd at least like to see it.

I don't care for the s15 wheel that much to be honest. I have my factory cruise control buttons for rolling launch so I'd really like to keep that function too.
Old 07-12-2022, 03:44 PM   #9583
leftfootbrake

leftfootbrake is a jewel in the roughleftfootbrake is a jewel in the roughleftfootbrake is a jewel in the roughleftfootbrake is a jewel in the roughleftfootbrake is a jewel in the roughleftfootbrake is a jewel in the roughleftfootbrake is a jewel in the rough
Restored and greased seat rails.
Sand blasted and spot welded seat assembly.

leftfootbrake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2022, 03:48 PM   #9584
OaxKouki
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (5)
OaxKouki is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Quote:

I don't care for the s15 wheel that much to be honest. I have my factory cruise control buttons for rolling launch so I'd really like to keep that function too.
It is possible to retrofit the S14 cruise control onto an S15 steering wheel without too much hassle. I did mine a long time ago because I too did not want to give up my beloved cruise control.

I have to say I love the look of those seats, nice job!

Last edited by OaxKouki; 07-12-2022 at 04:53 PM..
OaxKouki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2022, 10:14 AM   #9585
AKADriver
Post Whore!

There's someone local to me selling a JDM Z33 Fairlady Momo airbag wheel (looks like an Evo 8 wheel) for waaay cheaper than it should be. Wish I had an S14 to experiment with because it is a crazy cool looking wheel.
Old 07-14-2022, 08:24 PM   #9586
jr_ss
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (35)
jr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 35 reviews
Send a message via AIM to jr_ss
Quote:

Found it!

https://craftcustoms.com/

I spoke with Kathy, she was very kind and explained the process and the different stitching etc.

I agree with the S15 wheel. However, it’s the lightning bolt that does it for me. A Stagea tri-spoke with a Nissan logo or the R34 GTT wheel would work. I have an R33 wheel I am sending out to be recovered when the time comes.
Old 07-19-2022, 03:55 PM   #9587
mothon
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (2)
mothon has a reputation beyond reputemothon has a reputation beyond reputemothon has a reputation beyond reputemothon has a reputation beyond reputemothon has a reputation beyond reputemothon has a reputation beyond reputemothon has a reputation beyond reputemothon has a reputation beyond reputemothon has a reputation beyond reputemothon has a reputation beyond reputemothon has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by leftfootbrake View Post
Restored and greased seat rails.
Sand blasted and spot welded seat assembly.
Please reduce the size of your pictures.
Old 07-21-2022, 12:44 PM   #9588
spooled240
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (27)
spooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 27 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by jr_ss View Post
Found it!

https://craftcustoms.com/

I spoke with Kathy, she was very kind and explained the process and the different stitching etc.

I agree with the S15 wheel. However, it?s the lightning bolt that does it for me. A Stagea tri-spoke with a Nissan logo or the R34 GTT wheel would work. I have an R33 wheel I am sending out to be recovered when the time comes.
+1 The lightning bolt on the s15 wheel does seem out of place in a s14 imo. I got a repadded/rewrapped R34 GTT and I think it fits in much better with the Nissan logo. I prefer the thinner spokes on these style Nissan steering wheels plus the massive 240sx horn button usually gets warped and creased in the middle
spooled240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2022, 12:46 PM   #9589
AKsamuraiS14
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (9)
AKsamuraiS14 has a reputation beyond reputeAKsamuraiS14 has a reputation beyond reputeAKsamuraiS14 has a reputation beyond reputeAKsamuraiS14 has a reputation beyond reputeAKsamuraiS14 has a reputation beyond reputeAKsamuraiS14 has a reputation beyond reputeAKsamuraiS14 has a reputation beyond reputeAKsamuraiS14 has a reputation beyond reputeAKsamuraiS14 has a reputation beyond reputeAKsamuraiS14 has a reputation beyond reputeAKsamuraiS14 has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 9 reviews
Silviaks2nr what did you use to dye your carpet?
Old 07-21-2022, 01:14 PM   #9590
silviaks2nr
Nissanaholic!

Yeah I'm not feeling the lightning bolt.

For carpet dye I used SEM ColorCoat Landau black aerosol. For the floor mats I first dyed them in RIT dye let dry, then used the color coat to match the carpet. If I were to do over I would get Colorcoat in the big can and spray it with a spray gun instead.
Old 07-23-2022, 06:42 PM   #9591
dizzariot
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (47)
dizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 47 reviews
Holy shit silviaks2nr you are literally an owner after my own heart. I LOVE tan interiors and this far into the game I've given up on finding the OEM brown stuff for my S13. Fucking top-notch, dude!
Old 10-31-2022, 08:58 AM   #9592
AKsamuraiS14
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (9)
AKsamuraiS14 has a reputation beyond reputeAKsamuraiS14 has a reputation beyond reputeAKsamuraiS14 has a reputation beyond reputeAKsamuraiS14 has a reputation beyond reputeAKsamuraiS14 has a reputation beyond reputeAKsamuraiS14 has a reputation beyond reputeAKsamuraiS14 has a reputation beyond reputeAKsamuraiS14 has a reputation beyond reputeAKsamuraiS14 has a reputation beyond reputeAKsamuraiS14 has a reputation beyond reputeAKsamuraiS14 has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 9 reviews
can anyone give me tips on a good dye and way to dye my carpet black?
Old 10-31-2022, 09:40 AM   #9593
silviaks2nr
Nissanaholic!

If you use the SEM colorcoat use a spray gun instead of rattle cans
Old 12-11-2022, 03:45 AM   #9594
puz pounda

puz pounda is an unknown quantity at this point
great fitment on the seat covers
puz pounda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2022, 12:44 AM   #9595
Hoffman5982
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (25)
Hoffman5982 is just really niceHoffman5982 is just really niceHoffman5982 is just really niceHoffman5982 is just really niceHoffman5982 is just really niceHoffman5982 is just really niceHoffman5982 is just really niceHoffman5982 is just really niceHoffman5982 is just really niceHoffman5982 is just really nice
Feedback Score: 25 reviews
Quote:
It's hydro dipped actually. It's the best look, most OEMs now use this or a similar process for wood look interior panels.There are TONs of patterns you can go with. If done right carbon looks very realistic if that's more your jam. Whenever I've done carbon I put on a few coats of a candy black over top to get that deep look.
I sold the SR a few years back but that woodgrain valve cover you did for me in like 2012 is currently hanging on my wall lol
Old 01-02-2023, 07:32 AM   #9596
silviaks2nr
Nissanaholic!

Nice! Hope you find a car for it again at some point.
Old 11-01-2023, 07:50 AM   #9597
struka
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (2)
struka is on a distinguished road
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Send a message via AIM to struka
Old 01-26-2024, 05:53 AM   #9598
meinsmeins

meinsmeins is an unknown quantity at this point
its a work in progress... slowly getting there...

meinsmeins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2024, 07:28 AM   #9599
AKADriver
Post Whore!

Anyone have a recommendation for bringing back the "blackness" of stuff like the wiper/turn signal stalks and the window cranks?

Edit: I ordered a set of Restomod Ninja's decals and they seem to have been shipped, so... I guess he cleared his backlog.

Last edited by AKADriver; 03-14-2024 at 11:09 AM..