Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat

Chat General Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 04-04-2014, 07:06 AM   #91
g35gabby
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (26)
g35gabby is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 26 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by ODS View Post
And thanks, its nice to know there are people in the same boat. I've been on the parts search as well (I should be saving money), It just makes financial sense to have stuff source and installed over there. Ill start saving when the cars get here.....
You would be surprised how "many of us" there really are, getting to know more and more people who are coming out of the wood works as I go. It isn't as exclusive as I actually anticipated. Which to me is a positive, more people = more reason for vendors state side to stock replacement parts and goodies.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikzilla View Post
I really would like to know how much the average is for a GTR.

I'm mean like total. How deep of a hole in your pocket does the seminal fluid oozing out of your testicles have to fill when you first drive it in the US?
No idea on the 2nd question, but the 1st question is much easier....

on average you can get a GTST or GTS4 for 8-10k depending on mods and rust imported from most vendors (You can find them cheaper, but most of them were really not worth the $ for the repairs needed). The GTR's go for 16-20k again depending on mods, miles, ect. The Nismo's which could be imported tomorrow, go for in the 25-30k range as they are limited production.

for me it was easy, I paid 8500 for mine, caged, lots of cusco parts, lots of blitz goodies, and nice wheels (I believe are BRS posions). It is "just a GTST", but it was cheaper than building the S13 I had at the time, 1/2 the miles of the 13, and I couldn't even come close to the mods on it without dropping close to the price of the car to bulid my S13 with less mods. Sold the S13 as we are running out of parking, and bought the 32. I assume my experience would not be the same now, as since I purchased mine prices have jumped and Steve has even been offered more $ than I paid to sell mine to them instead of me. Jan 1, when Trevor "drove his R32 from canada in legally" turned all the fanboys and kids crazy and resulted in prices jumping both in the mother land and state side.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramonesfreak2010 View Post
Is there anything you have to do on your end once the cars are in the US? Like paperwork and such, or when it arrives it will be delivered all paperwork completely done and ready to register?
All of the shipping paperwork is already handled when it gets to port. It won't get bonded without it. When it arrives and clears, depending on who is importing it, it may already be titled for you, or you may have to do the title work on your own (which isn't overly horrible as the hard work is done).
Old 04-04-2014, 08:16 AM   #92
ODS
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (0)
ODS is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Basically its eaiser to finance a car then pay cash.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikzilla View Post
Can you elaborate for me?
ODS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2014, 09:57 AM   #93
Dolph_KYAS13
Zilvia Addict

Dolph_KYAS13 has a reputation beyond reputeDolph_KYAS13 has a reputation beyond reputeDolph_KYAS13 has a reputation beyond reputeDolph_KYAS13 has a reputation beyond reputeDolph_KYAS13 has a reputation beyond reputeDolph_KYAS13 has a reputation beyond reputeDolph_KYAS13 has a reputation beyond reputeDolph_KYAS13 has a reputation beyond reputeDolph_KYAS13 has a reputation beyond reputeDolph_KYAS13 has a reputation beyond reputeDolph_KYAS13 has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by g35gabby View Post

Jan 1, when Trevor "drove his R32 from canada in legally" turned all the fanboys and kids crazy and resulted in prices jumping both in the mother land and state side.
This is great news for us Canadian Owners. I bought my '93 GTS-T Type M for 5 grand in 2010 with a bunch of mods. Now you are hard pressed to find a decent GTS-t for under 8K.

-Jordie
Old 04-04-2014, 10:23 AM   #94
g35gabby
Nissanaholic!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dolph_KYAS13 View Post
This is great news for us Canadian Owners. I bought my '93 GTS-T Type M for 5 grand in 2010 with a bunch of mods. Now you are hard pressed to find a decent GTS-t for under 8K.

-Jordie
Yep, that is pretty much how it is. Heard that is basically the same deal over in Jland which translates to closer to 10k+ landed.
Old 04-04-2014, 12:09 PM   #95
tricky_ab
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (23)
tricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 23 reviews
Quote:
Basically its eaiser to finance a car then pay cash.
C.R.E.A.M.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dolph_KYAS13 View Post

-Jordie
I know there's going to be quite a few Canadians who will be selling "up" in a few years.
tricky_ab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2014, 11:26 AM   #96
ODS
Zilvia Member

I had a dream about the GTR last night... It was a little strange.
Old 04-06-2014, 12:23 PM   #97
b4l
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (8)
b4l is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
Subscribed

Sent from my T-Mobile myTouch Q using Tapatalk 2
Old 04-09-2014, 11:31 AM   #98
ODS
Zilvia Member

Change of plans the GT-R is going to Hara Works to get dyno'ed on the 30th! Video of the day will be shared.
Old 04-15-2014, 11:13 PM   #99
Gold Coast S14
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (12)
Gold Coast S14 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 12 reviews
Subscribed over here... hate to put my kouki on the backburner again but the R32 is just such a raw car. Gunmetal paint lowered on some matte bronze CE28's... my god... haha sounds like the prices are only going to up. If I get a '90 how much do they charge to store it before shipping it? Thanks.
Old 04-15-2014, 11:17 PM   #100
tricky_ab
Post Whore!

tricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gold Coast S14 View Post
Subscribed over here... hate to put my kouki on the backburner again but the R32 is just such a raw car. Gunmetal paint lowered on some matte bronze CE28's... my god... haha sounds like the prices are only going to up. If I get a '90 how much do they charge to store it before shipping it? Thanks.
That depends on where you purchase it from. I've seen importers charge you nothing till the car is ready to ship. I've seen others charge $50-$100 a month till your car is ready to be shipped.
Old 04-16-2014, 09:59 AM   #101
ODS
Zilvia Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gold Coast S14 View Post
Most places seem to be around 150$ per month to store, at least from my research. GTR Garage is free, which is part of the reason I went with them. I actually though all companies would offer free storage, but I was wrong haha.
Old 04-16-2014, 11:28 AM   #102
g35gabby
Nissanaholic!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tricky_ab View Post
That depends on where you purchase it from. I've seen importers charge you nothing till the car is ready to ship. I've seen others charge $50-$100 a month till your car is ready to be shipped.
I haven't seen any not handing it before it ships, as their costs for storage are prior to shipment and that is when they pay.

the 2nd 1/2 is correct. 50-100 is pretty much the standard rate. Some will say "free", which means they have already factored in those costs to the price.
Old 04-16-2014, 12:46 PM   #103
tricky_ab
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by g35gabby View Post
I haven't seen any not handing it before it ships, as their costs for storage are prior to shipment and that is when they pay.

the 2nd 1/2 is correct. 50-100 is pretty much the standard rate. Some will say "free", which means they have already factored in those costs to the price.
Not handing it? I guess I wasn't specific enough. I meant that they would not charge you any "storage" fees till the car is ready to ship. All the venders that I had inquired while importing my car, and you pay for the actual item after you win the auction.

If that's what you are talking about...
Old 04-16-2014, 03:56 PM   #104
ANVIL
Zilvia FREAK!

ANVIL can only hope to improve
Were the prices you listed (gtst for 8-10k) gtr for 16-20 cost of everything to your door?
ANVIL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2014, 04:48 PM   #105
ODS
Zilvia Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ANVIL View Post
Were the prices you listed (gtst for 8-10k) gtr for 16-20 cost of everything to your door?
Yes Sir! Although they are creeping towards the higher end and sometimes surpass those numbers.
Old 04-16-2014, 04:58 PM   #106
ANVIL
Zilvia FREAK!

ANVIL can only hope to improve
Have you got with your insurance company? How do they value it or do you get liability only?
ANVIL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2014, 05:42 PM   #107
ODS
Zilvia Member

Quote:
Have you got with your insurance company? How do they value it or do you get liability only?
Im going to contact them here pretty soon and get the details.
Old 04-20-2014, 06:49 PM   #108
BoostSlideWayz
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (1)
BoostSlideWayz is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Send a message via AIM to BoostSlideWayz Send a message via Yahoo to BoostSlideWayz
I wonder how someone in California goes about this.
Old 04-20-2014, 08:10 PM   #109
GTR-Garage
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (29)
GTR-Garage is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 29 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by tricky_ab View Post
Not handing it? I guess I wasn't specific enough. I meant that they would not charge you any "storage" fees till the car is ready to ship. All the venders that I had inquired while importing my car, and you pay for the actual item after you win the auction.

If that's what you are talking about...
There are a few ways of doing things. We don't charge any storage fee and it isn't "rolled" into the price. We're not in the heart of Tokyo/Osaka/Kobe so everything is cheaper out here. We have some space and didn't feel the need to charge for it. If someone wanted to store a car for 2-3 years that's a different story.

A deposit to bid on a car is pretty standard industry practice. We charge $2,000. If we win an auction we have to have to get payment in full over to the auction house the next day. We give our customers a week to make final payment.

However, we're very low volume operators in terms of "sports cars". Most of what we buy are sub 200,000 yen commuters that get sold locally.
Old 04-20-2014, 08:12 PM   #110
GTR-Garage
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (29)
GTR-Garage is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 29 reviews
Quote:
Not all insurers will cover these cars because they have "non-standard" VINs. My first question to my insurer would be "do you cover direct import vehicles with non-standard VINs?"
Old 04-21-2014, 08:55 AM   #111
tricky_ab
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoostSlideWayz View Post
I wonder how someone in California goes about this.
You move to another state...

Back for round two... 4 doors this time around...
Old 04-21-2014, 11:06 AM   #112
g35gabby
Nissanaholic!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTR-Garage View Post
Not all insurers will cover these cars because they have "non-standard" VINs. My first question to my insurer would be "do you cover direct import vehicles with non-standard VINs?"
Just about everyone I have contacted has been happy to cover my skyline. 1 or 2 have asked for me to stop by one of their locations to "see it" in person to verify it, but none have denied coverage. Geico, hagerty, and Progressive have by far been the easiest to deal with however. I haven't tried "the general" or "direct" or any of the other so called "cheap" insurance companies, but my experience with this over all has been pretty simple.
Old 05-01-2014, 12:27 PM   #113
ODS
Zilvia Member

And the dyno results are in! Video will be posted soon!
Old 05-02-2014, 10:43 AM   #114
ODS
Zilvia Member

DYNO VIDEO

https://vimeo.com/93428422
Old 05-02-2014, 10:57 AM   #115
acslater9
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (5)
acslater9 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Quote:
Wow that is so awesome. I love how the cardboard piece fell, lol.
acslater9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2014, 02:18 PM   #116
spooled240
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (27)
spooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 27 reviews
I just saw this on fb. Sounds healthy!
spooled240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2014, 02:46 PM   #117
ODS
Zilvia Member

Thanks man!!
Old 05-05-2014, 12:17 PM   #118
ODS
Zilvia Member

Its going to be awesome when there is a bunch of R32s buzzin around.
Old 05-05-2014, 01:09 PM   #119
LEG1T
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (3)
LEG1T is close to perfectionLEG1T is close to perfectionLEG1T is close to perfectionLEG1T is close to perfectionLEG1T is close to perfectionLEG1T is close to perfectionLEG1T is close to perfectionLEG1T is close to perfectionLEG1T is close to perfectionLEG1T is close to perfectionLEG1T is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Best of luck with the GTR man !

And I gotta say out of all the Japanese importers out there. GTR garage seems to be the must supportive, and helpful. I would def love to business with them in the future, seems like real stand up guys.
Old 05-05-2014, 02:06 PM   #120
ODS
Zilvia Member

Yea one company actually emailed me back a few weeks ago, about 2 months after I sent them the original email.