Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat

Chat General Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 04-24-2015, 09:32 PM   #31
bataangpinoy
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (7)
bataangpinoy is not welcome here anymorebataangpinoy is not welcome here anymorebataangpinoy is not welcome here anymorebataangpinoy is not welcome here anymorebataangpinoy is not welcome here anymorebataangpinoy is not welcome here anymorebataangpinoy is not welcome here anymorebataangpinoy is not welcome here anymorebataangpinoy is not welcome here anymorebataangpinoy is not welcome here anymorebataangpinoy is not welcome here anymore
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
i know where to get 17x9 et 17 "battles"
bataangpinoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-24-2015, 10:17 PM   #32
PoopCoupe13

Trader Rating: (0)
PoopCoupe13 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
God I can't wait to order mine. I've been on these damn Z32 wheels for what feels like an eternity and I've hated them since day one.
Old 04-24-2015, 11:32 PM   #33
simmode1
Post Whore!

simmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfection
Send a message via Yahoo to simmode1
Battles are nice wheels for the price, but I really don't understand the hype over them.

You'd think a bunch of Nissan guys would show a little more love to the Nismo reps when looking for a cheap, concave wheel... But I guess not.

Do you guys really feel like Battles look better than these?

Maybe I'm just crazy.
Old 04-24-2015, 11:46 PM   #34
Reece
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (8)
Reece is not welcome here anymoreReece is not welcome here anymoreReece is not welcome here anymoreReece is not welcome here anymoreReece is not welcome here anymoreReece is not welcome here anymoreReece is not welcome here anymoreReece is not welcome here anymoreReece is not welcome here anymore
Feedback Score: 8 reviews

Reece is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2015, 12:00 AM   #35
Corbic
Post Whore!

Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic
Quote:
Originally Posted by simmode1 View Post
You'd think a bunch of Nissan guys would show a little more love to the Nismo reps when looking for a cheap, concave wheel... But I guess not.

First - Battles are not reps. They are in fact CST Zeros that have not been polished so MB can sell them at a lower price point. So no shame from rolling on reps.

Second. Yes they look better. Nismos suck. Just chunky 5-spokes. Might as well get Rep TE37s or Kai's. Now if only someone would make rep Blitz 03s...

Quote:
Maybe I'm just crazy.
You are.
Corbic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2015, 04:11 AM   #36
rawgarage
Banned from the Marketplace

Trader Rating: (75)
rawgarage is making a name for him/her selfrawgarage is making a name for him/her self
Feedback Score: 75 reviews
My favorite wheels below 1k

Ran em on my Z a while back ....

Just bought some to slap on my S14

rawgarage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2015, 09:16 AM   #37
simmode1
Post Whore!

simmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by Corbic View Post
First - Battles are not reps. They are in fact CST Zeros that have not been polished so MB can sell them at a lower price point. So no shame from rolling on reps.

Second. Yes they look better. Nismos suck. Just chunky 5-spokes. Might as well get Rep TE37s or Kai's. Now if only someone would make rep Blitz 03s...

You are.
I never implied that Battles are reps.

We're all entitled to our own opinion and all but... You're saying forged Nismo LMGT4's suck? I dunno, man. That sounds pretty crazy to me. I guess they only appeal to those who lean more towards the purist/oem+ style of enthusiasts.

But I'll stop threadjacking.
Old 04-25-2015, 10:42 AM   #38
KAT-PWR
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (11)
KAT-PWR is just really niceKAT-PWR is just really niceKAT-PWR is just really niceKAT-PWR is just really niceKAT-PWR is just really niceKAT-PWR is just really niceKAT-PWR is just really niceKAT-PWR is just really niceKAT-PWR is just really nice
Feedback Score: 11 reviews
Cool i'm going to make an idividual thread for works, ssr, weds, everything!
My buddy's chaser
Old 04-25-2015, 11:39 AM   #39
lowerclass

lowerclass is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:

We're all entitled to our own opinion and all but... You're saying forged Nismo LMGT4's suck? I dunno, man. That sounds pretty crazy to me. I guess they only appeal to those who lean more towards the purist/oem+ style of enthusiasts.

Nah dude you aren't understanding what he is saying. He's saying battles are real wheels and thus incomparable to a rep of a real wheel. You wouldn't compare a varrastone fake work equip to a real xd9 and then say, why don't you like the classic 5 spoke design of the varrastone? Homie got a little heated when he called out the design of the nismo wheels, but rightfully so considering you were trying to tell a sane human being that you can compare a rep to a real wheel.

To everyone talking about starting xxr wheel threads and everything of such a ludacris nature: go ahead. Just know that no one respects those wheels made of clay and false promises of style. Reps are reps.
lowerclass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2015, 01:35 PM   #40
simmode1
Post Whore!

^^^Dude... I understand exactly what he's saying. I don't need a translator. I don't think either Rotas or Battles are worthy of respect. Not once did I mention respect. Battles are fucking $189 per wheel. Get over yourselves with the 'legit wheel' shit. Battles are broke bitch shit, just like Rotas and XXR. I'd respect FN01RC, RP03, RPF1 or anything from Cosmis before I'd respect Battles. My point was that if you discard the whole fake vs legit wheel bullshit, I fee that the classic 5 spoke LMGT4 style is more appealing than Battles. Doesn't make Battles a bad wheel. I'd give them the same level of respect I'd give any other cheap fucking wheel that still manages to look decent.

Edit: I just want to add that I think it's BS when ppl bash P45R's, when I've never read a single bad thing about Bee*R B5's or Uras NS-01's. I guess they're under the JDM hater protection umbrella...

Last edited by simmode1; 04-25-2015 at 03:56 PM..
simmode1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2015, 01:42 PM   #41
silviasandbeer
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (1)
silviasandbeer is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
i think battles look good on the mustangs you posted... thats about it
s13s can pull them off too, i think

i dont know. im just waiting on my subway sandwhich

Quote:
Originally Posted by e1_griego View Post
I'm not kingtalon crazy, but I have standards
Quote:
Originally Posted by OBEEWON View Post
What age is appropriate to give your kids the sex talk? Is 3 too soon?
silviasandbeer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2015, 02:03 PM   #42
Malik
Nissanaholic!

Malik has a brilliant futureMalik has a brilliant futureMalik has a brilliant futureMalik has a brilliant futureMalik has a brilliant futureMalik has a brilliant futureMalik has a brilliant futureMalik has a brilliant futureMalik has a brilliant futureMalik has a brilliant futureMalik has a brilliant future
battles are nice for the price.

(edit >) and yes the rotas are comparably stylish and almost as attractive
Malik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2015, 02:54 PM   #43
jackb77
Leaky Injector

jackb77 is on a distinguished road

Old 04-25-2015, 03:36 PM   #44
TMW
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (6)
TMW is a well-known jackass
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
@corbic

Battles are kind of reps though. They're just a more concave version of a T7. The same way a Rota Grid is just a more concave version of a TE37.
Old 04-25-2015, 03:41 PM   #45
IAmTheS13

IAmTheS13 is an unknown quantity at this point

Old 04-25-2015, 05:13 PM   #46
X9C
Zilvia Junkie

X9C is making a name for him/her selfX9C is making a name for him/her self
Mb battle king..
X9C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2015, 06:02 PM   #47
Juantwo3
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (20)
Juantwo3 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 20 reviews
This thread makes me want to buy mb battles
Old 04-25-2015, 06:10 PM   #48
G240
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (5)
G240 is on a distinguished road
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Once upon a time.....

G240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2015, 07:03 PM   #49
EDacIouSX
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (53)
EDacIouSX is close to perfectionEDacIouSX is close to perfectionEDacIouSX is close to perfectionEDacIouSX is close to perfectionEDacIouSX is close to perfectionEDacIouSX is close to perfectionEDacIouSX is close to perfectionEDacIouSX is close to perfectionEDacIouSX is close to perfectionEDacIouSX is close to perfectionEDacIouSX is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 53 reviews
Send a message via ICQ to EDacIouSX Send a message via AIM to EDacIouSX Send a message via MSN to EDacIouSX Send a message via Yahoo to EDacIouSX
Quote:
I don't think either Rotas or Battles are worthy of respect. Battles are fucking $189 per wheel. Get over yourselves with the 'legit wheel' shit. Battles are broke bitch shit, just like Rotas and XXR. I'd respect FN01RC, RP03, RPF1 or anything from Cosmis before I'd respect Battles.

Edit: I just want to add that I think it's BS when ppl bash P45R's, when I've never read a single bad thing about Bee*R B5's or Uras NS-01's. I guess they're under the JDM hater protection umbrella...
Cosmis is made in china stuff, on the same level as rota and xxr. Battles are actually pretty good wheels, much better than comis and china. You can tell by looking at the barrels and comparing them to other brands.

Ray's probably makes $3,000 dollars of profit per set of TE37s so price isnt' always a dictator of quality.

MB Battles are probably the absolute best wheel you can buy state side BNIB for under 200 a wheel in 18/17x9.5 +15

There was a thread here a while back about Uras NS-01s breaking.
EDacIouSX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2015, 07:24 PM   #50
lowerclass

lowerclass is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
^^^Dude... I understand exactly what he's saying. I don't need a translator. I don't think either Rotas or Battles are worthy of respect. Not once did I mention respect. Battles are fucking $189 per wheel. Get over yourselves with the 'legit wheel' shit. Battles are broke bitch shit, just like Rotas and XXR. I'd respect FN01RC, RP03, RPF1 or anything from Cosmis before I'd respect Battles. My point was that if you discard the whole fake vs legit wheel bullshit, I fee that the classic 5 spoke LMGT4 style is more appealing than Battles. Doesn't make Battles a bad wheel. I'd give them the same level of respect I'd give any other cheap fucking wheel that still manages to look decent.

Your argument is that because they can be had a cheap price they are not worthy. Brace yourself for this because it might blow your mind, there is a website called Yahoo auctions japan, and on it you can buy a full set of SSR agle strusses for the exact same price as a full set of battles.
Lets also continue to point flaws into your backwards logic, you are arguing that a wheel that is forged is better than a wheel that is cast. Price left out of the equation that still means you are comparing apples to oranges in the wheel world. And you can't discard fake v real because it is a huge piece of the puzzle.
Thats all fine and dandy if you like one design over the other, great! I personally think the forged LMGT4's look way better and are obviously going to be better performers, they are forged. But that doesn't mean I'd compare a real wheel no matter the price point, to the replica/fake/cheap version of it. Just because they are at a similar price point doesn't mean they are at a similar quality point.
lowerclass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2015, 09:40 PM   #51
simmode1
Post Whore!

^^^So your point is that LMGT4s (and by design, their replicas too) may look better than Battles, however, Battles are of a higher build quality yet lower price than any of the LMGT4 reps.

Ok, I can concede to that. I was only expressing my opinion based on looks and not really bringing quality into the equation. Based on looks, I couldn't see the hype over Battles. But if they are indeed the highest quality/strongest wheel available at the lowest price, that makes things more clear.

Actually, I searched for pics of broken Battles to see if that argument was true. Didn't find much at all. But we all know what you'll find if you search 'Broken P45R'. So, point made.
Old 04-25-2015, 10:53 PM   #52
shephurd
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (1)
shephurd is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
wheres the grenade thread?
shephurd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2015, 11:14 PM   #53
ILoveJDM
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (27)
ILoveJDM is a splendid one to beholdILoveJDM is a splendid one to beholdILoveJDM is a splendid one to beholdILoveJDM is a splendid one to beholdILoveJDM is a splendid one to beholdILoveJDM is a splendid one to beholdILoveJDM is a splendid one to beholdILoveJDM is a splendid one to beholdILoveJDM is a splendid one to beholdILoveJDM is a splendid one to beholdILoveJDM is a splendid one to behold
Feedback Score: 27 reviews
This thread sucks.

Here are cst-hyper 01 on my brothers 180sx. 17/18

Old 04-26-2015, 12:18 AM   #54
unwtdhero
BANNED

unwtdhero is making his/her stupidity well-knownunwtdhero is making his/her stupidity well-knownunwtdhero is making his/her stupidity well-known
Quote:

simmode you cant justify your terrible taste in wheels, one day your a real wheel d-rider....next a advocate for fake wheels.....and the worst type of fake wheels...the ones that imply they arent....

*edit: i feel like i cant single you out for this, in fact most zilvians are guilty of this too.....guess it comes with the 2k post mark
unwtdhero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2015, 08:20 AM   #55
ZX88
Post Whore!

ZX88 has much to be proud ofZX88 has much to be proud ofZX88 has much to be proud ofZX88 has much to be proud ofZX88 has much to be proud ofZX88 has much to be proud ofZX88 has much to be proud ofZX88 has much to be proud ofZX88 has much to be proud ofZX88 has much to be proud ofZX88 has much to be proud of
Ran Battles on many of my cars. For some reason i feel the design never goes out of style.

ZX88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2015, 08:33 AM   #56
ehhhregartless
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (13)
ehhhregartless is making a name for him/her selfehhhregartless is making a name for him/her self
Feedback Score: 13 reviews
Not a fan of these wheels but I'll contribute under protest

Old 04-26-2015, 09:31 AM   #57
simmode1
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by unwtdhero View Post
simmode you cant justify your terrible taste in wheels, one day your a real wheel d-rider....next a advocate for fake wheels.....and the worst type of fake wheels...the ones that imply they arent....

*edit: i feel like i cant single you out for this, in fact most zilvians are guilty of this too.....guess it comes with the 2k post mark
This is because there is a large segment, not just on Zilvia, but everywhere... that gives ZERO fucks about your real vs fake wheel debate. We just don't care. We just want a good looking wheel that good sizing that fits a preset budget. Real. Fake. Doesn't matter to most ppl. You guys are the minority. There are more important things to worry about in life. Your cheap Rotas/XXRs/Varrstoens/etc are not gonna fucking explode.

Yes, we know about Yahoo auctions japan, wheelflip, widening 2 piece wheels, etc. Don't care to go through the trouble. Just wanna get a brand new wheel with good sizing on order at a bargain price and forget about it.

It should be noted though, that I do not rock 'fake' wheels. I rock OEM Z33 wheels. Geez, what a headache it was to piece together 4 rear 18x8.5 Anniversary wheels at the time. If I wanna go through that kind of headache of getting real wheels again, I'll probably try to find some LMGT2's and rebarrel them. They're quite a bit cheaper than LMGT4's. But probably not. I will say this though: I try not to advocate for replicas of wheels that are still in production.

Last edited by simmode1; 04-26-2015 at 10:36 AM..
simmode1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2015, 11:03 AM   #58
Corbic
Post Whore!

Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic
^. For the love of Marry, STOP!!

This is why we can't have nice things!!!

Back on topic!!

Corbic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2015, 11:58 AM   #59
KAT-PWR
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (11)
KAT-PWR is just really niceKAT-PWR is just really niceKAT-PWR is just really niceKAT-PWR is just really niceKAT-PWR is just really niceKAT-PWR is just really niceKAT-PWR is just really niceKAT-PWR is just really niceKAT-PWR is just really nice
Feedback Score: 11 reviews
How is this thread not locked
Old 04-26-2015, 12:05 PM   #60
berga.luca

berga.luca is an unknown quantity at this point

berga.luca is offline   Reply With Quote