Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat

Chat General Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Closed Thread

Old 06-09-2015, 01:23 PM   #1
alex_s817
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (2)
alex_s817 is making his/her stupidity well-knownalex_s817 is making his/her stupidity well-knownalex_s817 is making his/her stupidity well-known
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
RB/JZ/LS Swaps with AC! Gauging Interest, who likes to go fast but still keep cool?

Currently building an AC condenser and line setup for this Rb26 swapped s14. While building one setup is definitely easier than a production version, I was thinking about designing a kit that fits with most swaps (compressor on Driver's side) (s13 chassis as well), with the exception of swapping out the compressor lines. The system will come with a new condenser/drier, and all new lines/hoses/high press. fitting. The main concern is obviously factory-level or colder AC temps, but right behind that is cleanliness. I wouldn't run some ugly bs in my engine bay and I wouldnt expect anyone else to either. Can't really talk pricing yet because I am not a vendor and the kit is not yet complete, but its not going to be outrageous. Just wanted to see if anyone out there is intrigued, this kit is being built for the car in the photos regardless.

thanks guys

Sponsored Links
Old 06-09-2015, 01:54 PM   #2
max1008

Trader Rating: (0)
max1008 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
I know I am new..but have been trolling this site for a while. Just picked up an S14 RB25. I live in Florida and it has no AC, very interested in pricing for a kit.
Old 06-09-2015, 02:20 PM   #3
Flyin_bryan

Trader Rating: (1)
Flyin_bryan is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
I live in Oklahoma where AC Is a must. I did the SR swap with AC. Be nice to have more options with AC, for me it's the deciding factor, along with working gauges . Some who are doing clean swaps would be interested including me..
Old 06-09-2015, 02:39 PM   #4
ben33327
Leaky Injector

ben33327 is making his/her stupidity well-knownben33327 is making his/her stupidity well-knownben33327 is making his/her stupidity well-knownben33327 is making his/her stupidity well-known
you def have me sold on the idea!
Old 06-09-2015, 02:54 PM   #5
NISR20MO
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (29)
NISR20MO is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 29 reviews
Bro I need to see this car in person, you should PM me. Everything is looking super dope. Unfortunately I myself expect to have no room for AC anymore because of how I routed the turbo setup/alternator placement on my cts-v accessory drive. Jealous.
Old 06-09-2015, 03:54 PM   #6
alex_s817
Zilvia Member

alex_s817 is making his/her stupidity well-knownalex_s817 is making his/her stupidity well-knownalex_s817 is making his/her stupidity well-known
thank you for your input guys! I'm excited to get this one dialed in and will be posting completed pics/pricing info of course. NISR20MO this car belongs to a friend of mine, I am sure we can set something up for you to check it out. I also do completely custom AC setups so if AC is something you'd really like to have, I am sure we can make it happen. My truck has the condenser mounted in the bed behind the cab, and I build systems for Evos with forward facing turbos pretty often, all with awesome results.

Old 06-09-2015, 06:01 PM   #7
Reddrum13
Leaky Injector

Reddrum13 is an unknown quantity at this point
I would be interested in this for sure. I have a 2jz S14 about to be on the streets soon. In for pricing and updates.
Old 06-09-2015, 06:06 PM   #8
fd94
Leaky Injector

fd94 is an unknown quantity at this point
I am very interested in this as well. Was actually talking about who I was gonna get to do my 1jz s14. Anything will be helpful.
Old 06-09-2015, 06:52 PM   #9
redline racer510
Zilvia FREAK!

redline racer510 is on the path to ruinredline racer510 is on the path to ruin
He'll yea you make a kit for rb25 and you got a customer
Old 06-09-2015, 07:36 PM   #10
EnemyS15
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (14)
EnemyS15 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 14 reviews
I NEED this kit!
Old 06-09-2015, 09:08 PM   #11
JRex
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (5)
JRex is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Definitely would be interested in one of thee for 1jz swapped s13
Old 06-09-2015, 10:28 PM   #12
greenmachine300zxtt
Zilvia Member

greenmachine300zxtt is an unknown quantity at this point
I have rb25 s14 in need of an AC...let me know I'll buy one...
Old 06-09-2015, 10:43 PM   #13
alex_s817
Zilvia Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reddrum13 View Post
I would be interested in this for sure. I have a 2jz S14 about to be on the streets soon. In for pricing and updates.
the best part of this setup is that it will work with your JZ swap, all that changes is the line setup on the driver's side. When this kit is closer to completion, let me know if you're still interested and I'll come down to Georgia/hook you up on price if you let me mock up the system/build the compressor hoses on your car.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fd94 View Post
I am very interested in this as well. Was actually talking about who I was gonna get to do my 1jz s14. Anything will be helpful.
You need someone to do the swap or just the AC?

redline_racer510, EnemyS15, JRex, Greenmachine300zxtt thanks for your interest guys! please stay tuned, updates will be coming within a week.

For you guys with RB swaps, I am not familiar with all of the compressor options available to you although I do know that some guys use the OEM RB compressor that came with their swap, while others (this car in particular) use a J30 compressor. J30 is what I intend to push for mainly because it allows you to have a new unit for a relatively low cost at (advance/autozone/etc etc), however I do know that the compressor wiring will need to be changed. This car has a wiring specialties harness with the AC option wired in, but we will be switching it to power the J30 pump and I will supply the necessary information for others who need to do so.

Again thanks for the interest guys, I look forward to showing you all a bad ass kit in the next week or so.
Old 06-10-2015, 05:14 AM   #14
Tempo
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (39)
Tempo is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 39 reviews
I hope by the time the 2jz gets into my s14 you'd have production going and ill be ordering one of these kits from you

IG - allen.kerose
Old 06-10-2015, 07:21 PM   #15
civicej8
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (8)
civicej8 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
I'm in as well!!!! Thank you!
Old 06-10-2015, 07:28 PM   #16
laurentj23
Zilvia Junkie

laurentj23 is an unknown quantity at this point
Sikky is the only company that I know that makes ac line for ls swap. If you make a kit and is cheaper than sikky, I'm sure a lot of us will be interested.

'Born Ready!',LJ
Old 06-10-2015, 07:30 PM   #17
ProjNightshade
Zilvia Member

ProjNightshade will become famous soon enoughProjNightshade will become famous soon enoughProjNightshade will become famous soon enoughProjNightshade will become famous soon enough
I would definitely love to have AC again in my RB25 S14. Any chance of offering different shapes or sizes of condenser to allow mounting in different areas?

Very interested in more info.
Old 06-10-2015, 07:41 PM   #18
jduke
Zilvia Member

jduke is an unknown quantity at this point
Very interested for my rb20.
Old 06-10-2015, 07:57 PM   #19
1jz s14

1jz s14 is an unknown quantity at this point
would definitely be interested !!! 1jz s14 here.
Old 06-10-2015, 08:16 PM   #20
KAT-PWR
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (11)
KAT-PWR is just really niceKAT-PWR is just really niceKAT-PWR is just really niceKAT-PWR is just really niceKAT-PWR is just really niceKAT-PWR is just really niceKAT-PWR is just really niceKAT-PWR is just really niceKAT-PWR is just really nice
Feedback Score: 11 reviews
Rumor has it....
If you do a ka-t swap you can have AC
....easily

Last edited by KAT-PWR; 06-11-2015 at 12:43 AM..
Old 06-10-2015, 09:23 PM   #21
EnemyS15
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (14)
EnemyS15 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 14 reviews
Trespasser! Get out of here with your Kit Ka-t nonsense. This is for people who like to complicate their lives with ridiculous swaps.
Old 06-10-2015, 10:33 PM   #22
fd94
Leaky Injector

fd94 is an unknown quantity at this point
Sorry didmt specify but yes I ment just for the ac kit. Something i NEED down here in Miami.
Old 06-11-2015, 10:22 AM   #23
wiring specialties
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (3)
wiring specialties is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
We have our RB/JZ/LS harnesses for both the S13 and S14 to have AC hook up on the harnesses too so if you need it we are more than happy to help out in those regards too
Old 06-11-2015, 11:37 AM   #24
alex_s817
Zilvia Member

Thumbs up

its great to have so many of you guys interested, I'm sure we will be able to do a group buy of some sort.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiring specialties View Post
We have our RB/JZ/LS harnesses for both the S13 and S14 to have AC hook up on the harnesses too so if you need it we are more than happy to help out in those regards too
awesome, thanks for the info! you guys do great work, love the harnesses

No worries fd94, I will keep you in the loop!
Old 06-11-2015, 11:56 AM   #25
Ramonesfreak2010
Zilvia Addict

Ramonesfreak2010 is an unknown quantity at this point
Would definitely be interested if you do this for a SR. I have a top mount turbo and all the bells and whistles, so I definitely don't want the OEM lines.
Old 06-11-2015, 04:47 PM   #26
alex_s817
Zilvia Member

Ramonesfreak2010 it's definitely doable and something I would be interested in. My desire for this kit is to be something that compliments an engine bay, rather than take away from the overall cleanliness like OEM lines do. Are you running a KA compressor or no AC at the moment?
Old 06-12-2015, 06:38 AM   #27
Ramonesfreak2010
Zilvia Addict

Ramonesfreak2010 is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by alex_s817 View Post
Ramonesfreak2010 it's definitely doable and something I would be interested in. My desire for this kit is to be something that compliments an engine bay, rather than take away from the overall cleanliness like OEM lines do. Are you running a KA compressor or no AC at the moment?
The motor is out the car, but I would be running a KA compressor.
Old 06-12-2015, 07:58 AM   #28
EJ8 944
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (8)
EJ8 944 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
I'm in. RB w/ AC is basically something everyone needs.
Old 06-12-2015, 09:11 PM   #29
Reddrum13
Leaky Injector

Reddrum13 is an unknown quantity at this point
Sounds good to me bud. Shoot me a PM for contact info.

Quote:
Originally Posted by alex_s817 View Post
the best part of this setup is that it will work with your JZ swap, all that changes is the line setup on the driver's side. When this kit is closer to completion, let me know if you're still interested and I'll come down to Georgia/hook you up on price if you let me mock up the system/build the compressor hoses on your car.

You need someone to do the swap or just the AC?

redline_racer510, EnemyS15, JRex, Greenmachine300zxtt thanks for your interest guys! please stay tuned, updates will be coming within a week.

For you guys with RB swaps, I am not familiar with all of the compressor options available to you although I do know that some guys use the OEM RB compressor that came with their swap, while others (this car in particular) use a J30 compressor. J30 is what I intend to push for mainly because it allows you to have a new unit for a relatively low cost at (advance/autozone/etc etc), however I do know that the compressor wiring will need to be changed. This car has a wiring specialties harness with the AC option wired in, but we will be switching it to power the J30 pump and I will supply the necessary information for others who need to do so.

Again thanks for the interest guys, I look forward to showing you all a bad ass kit in the next week or so.
Old 06-13-2015, 12:56 PM   #30
alex_s817
Zilvia Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramonesfreak2010 View Post
The motor is out the car, but I would be running a KA compressor.
Cool, shouldn't be an issue!

Quote:
Originally Posted by EJ8 944 View Post
I'm in. RB w/ AC is basically something everyone needs.
I couldn't agree more!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reddrum13 View Post
Sounds good to me bud. Shoot me a PM for contact info.
thanks! PM Sent

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProjNightshade View Post
I would definitely love to have AC again in my RB25 S14. Any chance of offering different shapes or sizes of condenser to allow mounting in different areas?

Very interested in more info.
Different condenser sizes are doable for sure. I'm attempting to make this particular kit with the most common specifications in mind to fit a broad range of swapped cars, however I would love to do a short and wide condenser that can be used with the rywire/chasebays tucked radiators. Once I have this version finished, its really only a matter of changing hose lengths/condenser mounting brackets to make something work for you. If you have an idea in mind, throw it at me and lets see what we can make happen. Even if I can't make a kit for you, I can certainly help you out and point you in the right direction to get those vents blowing cold air again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by laurentj23 View Post
Sikky is the only company that I know that makes ac line for ls swap. If you make a kit and is cheaper than sikky, I'm sure a lot of us will be interested.
I saw their lines not too long ago. They have good stuff and part of the reason for their high price is the likely because of the billet adapter fittings that they include, unfortunately those are not cheap to machine. Using a new condenser allows us to avoid the need for most of those, plus I cant stand the idea of using the 20 year old condenser configuration when everything else in the engine bay has been re-done. I 100% intend to offer an LSx compatible version with a new condenser/drier included, but for those not looking to change from the stock condenser, the Sikky kit is a nice option.
Closed Thread