Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat

Chat General Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 08-10-2015, 01:35 AM   #40411
mad-ass
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (14)
mad-ass has much to be proud ofmad-ass has much to be proud ofmad-ass has much to be proud ofmad-ass has much to be proud ofmad-ass has much to be proud ofmad-ass has much to be proud ofmad-ass has much to be proud ofmad-ass has much to be proud ofmad-ass has much to be proud ofmad-ass has much to be proud ofmad-ass has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 14 reviews
Send a message via AIM to mad-ass
I need Navan side skirts...trying not to break down to get the Forceworkz one and find a OEM one...but price point is so tempting.
Old 08-10-2015, 08:00 AM   #40412
Goofs
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (0)
Goofs is a glorious beacon of lightGoofs is a glorious beacon of lightGoofs is a glorious beacon of lightGoofs is a glorious beacon of lightGoofs is a glorious beacon of lightGoofs is a glorious beacon of lightGoofs is a glorious beacon of lightGoofs is a glorious beacon of lightGoofs is a glorious beacon of lightGoofs is a glorious beacon of lightGoofs is a glorious beacon of light
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reece View Post

This pic must've been snapped early in the day, car was trashed at the end of the day. He let his buddy drive it, and the guy crashed it
Goofs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2015, 09:31 AM   #40413
ka-titties
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (11)
ka-titties is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 11 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by mad-ass View Post
I need Navan side skirts...trying not to break down to get the Forceworkz one and find a OEM one...but price point is so tempting.
soooo tempting.
ka-titties is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2015, 02:43 PM   #40414
mad-ass
Nissanaholic!

mad-ass has much to be proud ofmad-ass has much to be proud ofmad-ass has much to be proud ofmad-ass has much to be proud ofmad-ass has much to be proud ofmad-ass has much to be proud ofmad-ass has much to be proud ofmad-ass has much to be proud ofmad-ass has much to be proud ofmad-ass has much to be proud ofmad-ass has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by ka-titties View Post
soooo tempting.
group/buddy order maybe? LOL!
Old 08-10-2015, 02:52 PM   #40415
ka-titties
Zilvia FREAK!

Quote:
group/buddy order maybe? LOL!
I've actually been thinking about getting full navan from them. I'm sure someone has commented on the fitment, but I haven't seen anything personally. Do you know what kind of quality they're putting out?
Old 08-10-2015, 02:53 PM   #40416
yomisiu
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (16)
yomisiu is making a name for him/her selfyomisiu is making a name for him/her selfyomisiu is making a name for him/her self
Feedback Score: 16 reviews
there's a guy selling full rep navan kits for 500 shipped.
yomisiu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2015, 04:34 PM   #40417
simmode1
Post Whore!

simmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfection
Send a message via Yahoo to simmode1
^^^Couldn't possibly be eurathane at that price...
Quote:
Originally Posted by ka-titties View Post
I've actually been thinking about getting full navan from them. I'm sure someone has commented on the fitment, but I haven't seen anything personally. Do you know what kind of quality they're putting out?
I'm considering Forcewerkz too. I've heard both good & bad about their quality. It's cheap, so I'll probably bite the bullet & get it based on this review:http://zilvia.net/f/showthread.php?t=542592
Old 08-11-2015, 03:45 AM   #40418
mad-ass
Nissanaholic!

front's are urathane, which is a big bonus, why they didn't make side skirts out of urathane as well, idk..

I mean...if it was urathane side skirts, i would have bought it already, quiet tired of fiberglass side skirts after 7 years.
Old 08-11-2015, 03:51 AM   #40419
mad-ass
Nissanaholic!

laggy server double post

Last edited by mad-ass; 08-11-2015 at 02:16 PM..
mad-ass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2015, 05:03 AM   #40420
spooled240
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (27)
spooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 27 reviews
Whats wrong with fiberglass sideskirts? Especially with oem style skirts, you will rarely ever scrape them or damage them. As long as they fit right and arent wavy I dont see an issue.

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk
spooled240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2015, 06:45 AM   #40421
simmode1
Post Whore!

simmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfection
Send a message via Yahoo to simmode1
Quote:
front's are urathane, which is a big bonus, why they didn't make side skirts out of urathane as well, idk..

I mean...if it was urathane side skirts, i would have bought it already, quiet tired of fiberglass side skirts after 7 years.
I know Forcewerkz Navan reps front bumper is urethane and that justifies it's cost to me. I was referring to that $500 entire Navan kit referenced above, probably not being urethane at that price. I would definitely hold out ofr the urethane kit.
Old 08-11-2015, 08:15 AM   #40422
Nissansota240
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (21)
Nissansota240 is just really niceNissansota240 is just really niceNissansota240 is just really niceNissansota240 is just really niceNissansota240 is just really niceNissansota240 is just really niceNissansota240 is just really niceNissansota240 is just really nice
Feedback Score: 21 reviews
Had purchased forcewerkz navan front, sides, and kouki rear valence last year, fitment on the front bumper was damn near perfect. Also sides and rear where pretty close as well. Definitely would have been happy with them if I hadn't chosen to go with a different look for my caruploadfromtaptalk1439302506906.jpg
Old 08-11-2015, 12:05 PM   #40423
DRFT180
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (7)
DRFT180 has much to be proud ofDRFT180 has much to be proud ofDRFT180 has much to be proud ofDRFT180 has much to be proud ofDRFT180 has much to be proud ofDRFT180 has much to be proud ofDRFT180 has much to be proud ofDRFT180 has much to be proud ofDRFT180 has much to be proud ofDRFT180 has much to be proud ofDRFT180 has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nissansota240 View Post
Had purchased forcewerkz navan front, sides, and kouki rear valence last year, fitment on the front bumper was damn near perfect. Also sides and rear where pretty close as well. Definitely would have been happy with them if I hadn't chosen to go with a different look for my carAttachment 86122
How'd you feel about the rear valence? I've heard some not so good things.

S14 Build
DRFT180 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2015, 12:30 PM   #40424
Almighty So
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (12)
Almighty So has a reputation beyond reputeAlmighty So has a reputation beyond reputeAlmighty So has a reputation beyond reputeAlmighty So has a reputation beyond reputeAlmighty So has a reputation beyond reputeAlmighty So has a reputation beyond reputeAlmighty So has a reputation beyond reputeAlmighty So has a reputation beyond reputeAlmighty So has a reputation beyond reputeAlmighty So has a reputation beyond reputeAlmighty So has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 12 reviews
i don't have any pics but i had the whole forcewerkz shindig on my zenki for a time and i thought all pieces fit great. pleasantly surprised.
Almighty So is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2015, 02:17 PM   #40425
mad-ass
Nissanaholic!

in for the pleasantly surprising fitment pictures of said side skirts.
Old 08-11-2015, 02:19 PM   #40426
Almighty So
Nissanaholic!

Almighty So has a reputation beyond reputeAlmighty So has a reputation beyond reputeAlmighty So has a reputation beyond reputeAlmighty So has a reputation beyond reputeAlmighty So has a reputation beyond reputeAlmighty So has a reputation beyond reputeAlmighty So has a reputation beyond reputeAlmighty So has a reputation beyond reputeAlmighty So has a reputation beyond reputeAlmighty So has a reputation beyond reputeAlmighty So has a reputation beyond repute
digging for pics now but this was like 4 cars ago..

edit;
unfortunately this is the only shitty picture i have. didn't have the car or kit very long.
but this is with no tape, no hardware, nothing. just sitting. yes it's off the ground.

Old 08-11-2015, 02:19 PM   #40427
mad-ass
Nissanaholic!

Quote:
Originally Posted by spooled240 View Post
Whats wrong with fiberglass sideskirts? Especially with oem style skirts, you will rarely ever scrape them or damage them. As long as they fit right and arent wavy I dont see an issue.

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk
I hope I don't have to explain why I would much prefer having a urathane side skirts over fiberglass side skirts.
Old 08-11-2015, 02:44 PM   #40428
spooled240
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (27)
spooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 27 reviews
Lol i understand a preferance, but not a need. Besides, I dont think i have to point out the initial flaw of the oem navan skirts cracking at the ends which dont really seem like an advantage to me..
spooled240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2015, 04:07 PM   #40429
CrimsonRockett
The Architect.

Trader Rating: (392)
CrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 392 reviews
I have brand new OEM Navan sideskirts. I'm a heavy supporter of OEM products in general, but they did screw us over on how brittle these fucking things are.

I'm probably going to stick with Kouki sideskirts and swap on the Navan skirts every now and then.

-Jspec-
Instagram/CrimsonRockett
Quote:
Originally Posted by brndck View Post
Generally you can eat my asshole.
CrimsonRockett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2015, 04:44 PM   #40430
1on1
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (15)
1on1 is a name known to all1on1 is a name known to all1on1 is a name known to all1on1 is a name known to all1on1 is a name known to all1on1 is a name known to all1on1 is a name known to all1on1 is a name known to all1on1 is a name known to all1on1 is a name known to all1on1 is a name known to all
Feedback Score: 15 reviews
Lee,

I know how it feels, hahaha! I had JDM skirts for some quite time in storage and ended up not running them because I decided to stick with FPR. However, I know if I ever wanted to go JDM aero again, I would purchase forcewerkz. In reality to me, I rather have a urethane front bumper because FPR skirts and rear will relatively be cheaper.

If you want, you can always buy them later and sell the FPR ones!
Old 08-12-2015, 01:13 AM   #40431
mad-ass
Nissanaholic!

Checked bank account for funds, tried to find OEM Navan side skirts in decent price($400 range for good condition), I couldn't find a damn thing on eBay...dafuq?

But I did find this...if this is how Forceworkz one fits..then I'm sold!

http://www.ebay.com/itm/S14-1995-199...bec9b7&vxp=mtr
Old 08-12-2015, 01:32 AM   #40432
DomChan
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (23)
DomChan is making a name for him/her selfDomChan is making a name for him/her self
Feedback Score: 23 reviews
Just giving my honest opinion and review on the P/U front bar. It fits up fine, matches up to the fender well. However, the bottom portion of the bumper is where the issues are. If you observe, it just looks off. Also, the driver side flap flares outwards. These are common issues that were addressed by other forum members, and I don't know if Forcewerkz decided to fix them in more recent moulds. It is recommended by Forcewerkz themselves to let the P/U bumper sit in the sun so that it reforms into its original shape (I received the bumper in a compact box, and the bumper was literally folded onto itself).

In this picture here, you can see that the bumper has sort of an "overbite" which OEM navan does not (or at least not as extreme). You can also examine that the bumper sags a bit. I have the bumper bolted on with OE bolts at OE locations. I believe the polyurethane is just so soft that it droops down. Take what you want of this information, just thought I'd share.

OE navan (less overbite)

Apologies for the photo dump of this unfinished vehicle. *I miss it*

Last edited by DomChan; 08-12-2015 at 02:31 AM..
DomChan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2015, 04:43 AM   #40433
7evil
Zilvia FREAK!

7evil is a jewel in the rough7evil is a jewel in the rough7evil is a jewel in the rough7evil is a jewel in the rough7evil is a jewel in the rough7evil is a jewel in the rough7evil is a jewel in the rough
Old 08-12-2015, 05:34 AM   #40434
Almighty So
Nissanaholic!

Quote:
Checked bank account for funds, tried to find OEM Navan side skirts in decent price($400 range for good condition), I couldn't find a damn thing on eBay...dafuq?

But I did find this...if this is how Forceworkz one fits..then I'm sold!
I know my one shitty picture doesn't really do justice but I would purchase from Forcewerkz again. In my experience I had good customer service, good packaging, and quick shipping. everything fit fine imo.

like dom said, you can tell it's not OE perfect under the microscope, but there aren't any horror stories of cutting and sanding and heat guns, etc.

edit;
Quote:
Originally Posted by DomChan View Post
*I miss it*
me too. seems like you always had something cool going on with that thing.
Old 08-12-2015, 07:38 AM   #40435
Rustys14
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (9)
Rustys14 is a glorious beacon of lightRustys14 is a glorious beacon of lightRustys14 is a glorious beacon of lightRustys14 is a glorious beacon of lightRustys14 is a glorious beacon of lightRustys14 is a glorious beacon of lightRustys14 is a glorious beacon of lightRustys14 is a glorious beacon of lightRustys14 is a glorious beacon of lightRustys14 is a glorious beacon of lightRustys14 is a glorious beacon of light
Feedback Score: 9 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Almighty So View Post
I know my one shitty picture doesn't really do justice but I would purchase from Forcewerkz again. In my experience I had good customer service, good packaging, and quick shipping. everything fit fine imo.

like dom said, you can tell it's not OE perfect under the microscope, but there aren't any horror stories of cutting and sanding and heat guns, etc.
Same here, I have their chuki rep sides on my s13 and it is definitely some of the better fitting fiberglass out there. My passenger side fit perfect out of the box and the driver side only took a few minutes of extra sanding to get right. Also FWIW my painter said its one of the best FRP products that he's worked with as far as paint prep goes. As previously stated its not as good as OEM, but that said I wouldn't hesitate to buy from Forcewerks again.

Their skirts on my s13:

And a pic of my old zenki because rules

Rustys14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2015, 10:16 AM   #40436
Juusan
Leaky Injector

Juusan is an unknown quantity at this point

Juusan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2015, 10:45 AM   #40437
ka-titties
Zilvia FREAK!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juusan View Post
Old 08-12-2015, 11:31 AM   #40438
LockOn!
Zilvia FREAK!

LockOn! is making a name for him/her selfLockOn! is making a name for him/her selfLockOn! is making a name for him/her self
Quote:
Originally Posted by DomChan View Post
Just giving my honest opinion and review on the P/U front bar. It fits up fine, matches up to the fender well. However, the bottom portion of the bumper is where the issues are. If you observe, it just looks off. Also, the driver side flap flares outwards. These are common issues that were addressed by other forum members, and I don't know if Forcewerkz decided to fix them in more recent moulds. It is recommended by Forcewerkz themselves to let the P/U bumper sit in the sun so that it reforms into its original shape (I received the bumper in a compact box, and the bumper was literally folded onto itself).
If your having issues getting it to straighten out grab a heat gun and a bucket of cold water with a shop rag.

Heat and bend PAST the desirable position, hold it in place, then hit it with the cold rag. Repeat until desired shape is achieved.

My Z33's PU skirts were twisted up like twizzlers, took forever to get them right lol. I'd take it over working with fiberglass any day though.
Old 08-12-2015, 12:17 PM   #40439
DenkiMan!
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (7)
DenkiMan! is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rustys14 View Post

And a pic of my old zenki because rules

ah the good ol ODS days
Looking for another pair of 17x9 Veilside Andrew Racing V's
DenkiMan! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2015, 01:29 PM   #40440
Rustys14
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (9)
Rustys14 is a glorious beacon of lightRustys14 is a glorious beacon of lightRustys14 is a glorious beacon of lightRustys14 is a glorious beacon of lightRustys14 is a glorious beacon of lightRustys14 is a glorious beacon of lightRustys14 is a glorious beacon of lightRustys14 is a glorious beacon of lightRustys14 is a glorious beacon of lightRustys14 is a glorious beacon of lightRustys14 is a glorious beacon of light
Feedback Score: 9 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by DenkiMan! View Post
ah the good ol ODS days
Haha yup. I miss that place, cheap entry fees and cageless tandem on rental days. Shame they tore it down...
Rustys14 is offline   Reply With Quote