Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > Marketplace > Group Buys

Group Buys Dedicated Forum for Group Buys.

Closed Thread

Old 07-12-2005, 04:48 PM   #1
tougefactory
Zilvia.net Advertiser

Trader Rating: (27)
tougefactory is a name known to alltougefactory is a name known to alltougefactory is a name known to alltougefactory is a name known to alltougefactory is a name known to alltougefactory is a name known to alltougefactory is a name known to alltougefactory is a name known to alltougefactory is a name known to alltougefactory is a name known to alltougefactory is a name known to all
Feedback Score: 27 reviews
D-Drug Coilovers Groupbuy

D-Drug Coilovers - Normal Retail $1280, Groupbuy price $1,050
Shipping is around $15-40 depending on your zipcode.

Click here to Order

All orders will be pre-paid in full and non refundable after order is placed. Delivery time will be around 2-3 wks to your door after the GB has ended. Coilovers will be shipped by air so actual shipping time is only 4-5 days from Japan.

This groupbuy will end on July 29th or earlier depending on inventory.

Please do not send PM to zilvia acct. You can email questions to [email protected]

Features
1 - 40way adjustable dampening. Adjustment knobs are mounted on top for easy access. Shocks were valved to specs according to feedback from various tests which included street, drift, and circuit.

2 - Pillow upper mount for front and rear. Front comes with adjustable camber plates.

3 - German make spring(ID 60mm) is utilized to ensure minimal sagging.

4 - Piston Valve Diameter - Front 46mm, Rear 40mm
Piston Diameter - Front 22mm, 14mm
Monotube casing is designed to take much abuse and load.

5 - External resorvoir tank (40mm) is standard on front and rear shocks. One of the flaws with short stroke body shocks is the insufficient oil capacity. External resorvoir increases oil capacity to provide stable performance.

6 - Super short body. This means even at the highest setting, your car will be low.

Click Here to read the Review by Koguchi in OPTION magazine
Page 1
Page 2

Used by

Mr. Fukuda

Kazuya Bai's S15

Mr. Ueshima
Sponsored Links
Old 07-12-2005, 04:56 PM   #2
tougefactory
Zilvia.net Advertiser

tougefactory is a name known to alltougefactory is a name known to alltougefactory is a name known to alltougefactory is a name known to alltougefactory is a name known to alltougefactory is a name known to alltougefactory is a name known to alltougefactory is a name known to alltougefactory is a name known to alltougefactory is a name known to alltougefactory is a name known to all
Click here to see a Video of D-Drug equipped 180SX in action.
Please Right click and Save!

Old 07-12-2005, 04:58 PM   #3
dori_pho
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (0)
dori_pho is on the path to ruindori_pho is on the path to ruin
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
wow, really nice coil over set up. anyone here on the forums ever deal with tis company before and if so whats the SCOOP' on performance. 1st buyer please post review when you recieve product.

jason
Old 07-12-2005, 05:03 PM   #4
ucfz31s13
Zilvia Junkie

ucfz31s13 is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to ucfz31s13
Quote:
Originally Posted by dori_pho
anyone here on the forums ever deal with tis company before
yes

tougefactory is good people.
Old 07-12-2005, 05:08 PM   #5
KiDyNomiTe
Post Whore!

KiDyNomiTe has a reputation beyond reputeKiDyNomiTe has a reputation beyond reputeKiDyNomiTe has a reputation beyond reputeKiDyNomiTe has a reputation beyond reputeKiDyNomiTe has a reputation beyond reputeKiDyNomiTe has a reputation beyond reputeKiDyNomiTe has a reputation beyond reputeKiDyNomiTe has a reputation beyond reputeKiDyNomiTe has a reputation beyond reputeKiDyNomiTe has a reputation beyond reputeKiDyNomiTe has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to KiDyNomiTe
Ya TF is very legit, Ive seen the coilovers in person, and installed and they are great. A Steal for the price.
Old 07-12-2005, 05:09 PM   #6
OptionZero
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (2)
OptionZero is close to perfectionOptionZero is close to perfectionOptionZero is close to perfectionOptionZero is close to perfectionOptionZero is close to perfectionOptionZero is close to perfectionOptionZero is close to perfectionOptionZero is close to perfectionOptionZero is close to perfectionOptionZero is close to perfectionOptionZero is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Send a message via AIM to OptionZero
I believe he meant D-Drug, but in any case, i'd like to know if anyone has experience with those coilovers.

I know they make aero for 180sx
Old 07-12-2005, 05:13 PM   #7
KiDyNomiTe
Post Whore!

KiDyNomiTe has a reputation beyond reputeKiDyNomiTe has a reputation beyond reputeKiDyNomiTe has a reputation beyond reputeKiDyNomiTe has a reputation beyond reputeKiDyNomiTe has a reputation beyond reputeKiDyNomiTe has a reputation beyond reputeKiDyNomiTe has a reputation beyond reputeKiDyNomiTe has a reputation beyond reputeKiDyNomiTe has a reputation beyond reputeKiDyNomiTe has a reputation beyond reputeKiDyNomiTe has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to KiDyNomiTe
Talk to TF Dave, they are on one of his cars.
Old 07-12-2005, 11:40 PM   #8
aa87
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (1)
aa87 has a brilliant futureaa87 has a brilliant futureaa87 has a brilliant futureaa87 has a brilliant futureaa87 has a brilliant futureaa87 has a brilliant futureaa87 has a brilliant futureaa87 has a brilliant futureaa87 has a brilliant futureaa87 has a brilliant futureaa87 has a brilliant future
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Send a message via AIM to aa87
HOLY SHIT, I found my coilovers!

Any idea on rebuilding/repair/support?
Old 07-13-2005, 12:12 AM   #9
Ritz S14
Post Whore!

Ritz S14 has much to be proud ofRitz S14 has much to be proud ofRitz S14 has much to be proud ofRitz S14 has much to be proud ofRitz S14 has much to be proud ofRitz S14 has much to be proud ofRitz S14 has much to be proud ofRitz S14 has much to be proud ofRitz S14 has much to be proud ofRitz S14 has much to be proud ofRitz S14 has much to be proud of
Everything seems awesome about them. BUT damn 40way? Geez I'll probably loose count after 12 clicks

Better yet, have some type of EDFC capability.
Old 07-13-2005, 12:35 AM   #10
trsilvias13
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (5)
trsilvias13 is a splendid one to beholdtrsilvias13 is a splendid one to beholdtrsilvias13 is a splendid one to beholdtrsilvias13 is a splendid one to beholdtrsilvias13 is a splendid one to beholdtrsilvias13 is a splendid one to beholdtrsilvias13 is a splendid one to beholdtrsilvias13 is a splendid one to beholdtrsilvias13 is a splendid one to beholdtrsilvias13 is a splendid one to beholdtrsilvias13 is a splendid one to behold
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
if these this was out about a week ago.. i would paid in full right away. unless someone wants some kts for the s14
Old 07-13-2005, 02:18 AM   #11
NZO
Zilvia FREAK!

NZO is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to NZO
How/why are these so cheap? Are they double height adjustable and if so how does the lower mount lock to the shock body?

sentinelguild.com/nzo/PFCDB/
Old 07-13-2005, 10:03 AM   #12
tougefactory
Zilvia.net Advertiser

We'll be offering rebuilds and replacement parts. Everything from springs,shocks, pillow mounts will be repleaceable.

The reason for the low price is that we want to debut a new product for promotion purposes, hence the groupbuy.

Thanks
Old 07-13-2005, 10:13 AM   #13
tougefactory
Zilvia.net Advertiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by NZO
Are they double height adjustable and if so how does the lower mount lock to the shock body?

It does not have adjustable bottom perch. However D-Drug goes very very low. On S13 at the highest setting, there's 1 finger gap in the rear and 1.5 finger gap in the front.
Old 07-13-2005, 10:59 AM   #14
sdtouge
BANNED

sdtouge can only hope to improve
would it be possioble to order a little stiffer arpring rates?
Old 07-13-2005, 11:36 AM   #15
OptionZero
Post Whore!

OptionZero is close to perfectionOptionZero is close to perfectionOptionZero is close to perfectionOptionZero is close to perfectionOptionZero is close to perfectionOptionZero is close to perfectionOptionZero is close to perfectionOptionZero is close to perfectionOptionZero is close to perfectionOptionZero is close to perfectionOptionZero is close to perfection
the website has 8/6 or 10/8
Old 07-13-2005, 03:57 PM   #16
s0ldats
Zilvia Addict

s0ldats is on the path to ruins0ldats is on the path to ruin
how would one adjust the height without the adjustable perch? just adjust spring perch?
Old 07-13-2005, 09:41 PM   #17
ride 4 lame
Leaky Injector

ride 4 lame is making a name for him/her selfride 4 lame is making a name for him/her self
Send a message via AIM to ride 4 lame
Quote:
Originally Posted by sdtouge
yeah ditto

sell me on these. why should i get these as opposed to tanabe dds?
Old 07-13-2005, 09:49 PM   #18
aa87
Zilvia FREAK!

aa87 has a brilliant futureaa87 has a brilliant futureaa87 has a brilliant futureaa87 has a brilliant futureaa87 has a brilliant futureaa87 has a brilliant futureaa87 has a brilliant futureaa87 has a brilliant futureaa87 has a brilliant futureaa87 has a brilliant futureaa87 has a brilliant future
Send a message via AIM to aa87
yeah, if you guys are gonna offer 10/8, i want to know before i order.
Old 07-14-2005, 12:12 AM   #19
phreze
Zilvia Addict

phreze is a glorious beacon of lightphreze is a glorious beacon of lightphreze is a glorious beacon of lightphreze is a glorious beacon of lightphreze is a glorious beacon of lightphreze is a glorious beacon of lightphreze is a glorious beacon of lightphreze is a glorious beacon of lightphreze is a glorious beacon of lightphreze is a glorious beacon of lightphreze is a glorious beacon of light
Send a message via AIM to phreze
Quote:
Originally Posted by ride 4 lame
yeah ditto

sell me on these. why should i get these as opposed to tanabe dds?
For one you would be saving $700 If I didn't already have super drifts I would pick these up in a second. Got my body kit from them and they are very informed ppl.
Old 07-14-2005, 12:17 PM   #20
tougefactory
Zilvia.net Advertiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdtouge
10/8 Spring rate is available. 8/6 will be standard.
Old 07-14-2005, 12:43 PM   #21
Saisoku
Leaky Injector

Saisoku is on a distinguished road
This is soooooo tempting. I dont know if I want these or my car painted D@MN YOU!!!

I also want to re-ask the question of is it rebuildable???
Old 07-14-2005, 02:26 PM   #22
tonesdefae86
Zilvia Member

tonesdefae86 is an unknown quantity at this point
damn you dave i want to sell my Mr's now to get these
Old 07-14-2005, 04:38 PM   #23
ZoltecRules

ZoltecRules is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to ZoltecRules
Dave, emailed you twice. Once Monday and once today. No respsonse. Write me back at [email protected]
Old 07-14-2005, 05:18 PM   #24
bcrume
Zilvia Member

bcrume is a well-known jackass
I'm really interested in these but I also want to know how they compare to tanabe dd's
Old 07-14-2005, 07:56 PM   #25
phreze
Zilvia Addict

phreze is a glorious beacon of lightphreze is a glorious beacon of lightphreze is a glorious beacon of lightphreze is a glorious beacon of lightphreze is a glorious beacon of lightphreze is a glorious beacon of lightphreze is a glorious beacon of lightphreze is a glorious beacon of lightphreze is a glorious beacon of lightphreze is a glorious beacon of lightphreze is a glorious beacon of light
Send a message via AIM to phreze
Do a search, tanabe dd's are $700 more, have 4 settings of adjustablity, dont have the external oil resivor (typicaly high end circuit coil-overs have these) both are given the thumbs up by Chunky Bai. I'm sure TF could bust it down beter as they sell both.
Old 07-14-2005, 08:23 PM   #26
OptionZero
Post Whore!

More adjustment is not necessarily better; most of the intervals do nothing or are not noticeable anyways.

But if anyone has done straight up comparisons with DD"s and these, i'd love to know, because i have DD's on order.
Old 07-14-2005, 08:39 PM   #27
bcrume
Zilvia Member

bcrume is a well-known jackass
Kazuya Bai now helps origin design products so he has to push em. Just because he uses them doesn't make them just as good or better than dd's. I'm about to buy coilovers and these look tempting but has anyone driven with these and dd's? A good comparison would be greatly appreciated. I don't care about the difference in money.
Old 07-14-2005, 09:07 PM   #28
S14DB
AFC #1

Trader Rating: (3)
S14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
I'm suprised that these are more than the JDM cost. Usally when things come to the US they cost less than they do in Japan.
Old 07-14-2005, 10:59 PM   #29
ootranceformeroo
Nissanaholic!

ootranceformeroo is a splendid one to beholdootranceformeroo is a splendid one to beholdootranceformeroo is a splendid one to beholdootranceformeroo is a splendid one to beholdootranceformeroo is a splendid one to beholdootranceformeroo is a splendid one to beholdootranceformeroo is a splendid one to beholdootranceformeroo is a splendid one to beholdootranceformeroo is a splendid one to beholdootranceformeroo is a splendid one to beholdootranceformeroo is a splendid one to behold
Send a message via AIM to ootranceformeroo
Ill get em but I dont think Id have the money in time of the group buy. TougeFactory, you think you guys will do another group buy sometime this year? Thanks.
Drift Unit
Old 07-15-2005, 01:36 AM   #30
infinitexsound
Post Whore!

infinitexsound has a reputation beyond reputeinfinitexsound has a reputation beyond reputeinfinitexsound has a reputation beyond reputeinfinitexsound has a reputation beyond reputeinfinitexsound has a reputation beyond reputeinfinitexsound has a reputation beyond reputeinfinitexsound has a reputation beyond reputeinfinitexsound has a reputation beyond reputeinfinitexsound has a reputation beyond reputeinfinitexsound has a reputation beyond reputeinfinitexsound has a reputation beyond repute
no daniel u teletubby u..lol j/k........ nice rig tho...... but yeah seriously 40 way??? if its kicked down to like 15way im in to win........ chunky bai look out
Closed Thread