Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > Marketplace > Group Buys

Group Buys Dedicated Forum for Group Buys.

Closed Thread

Old 07-15-2005, 04:43 AM   #31
sw20>>s14
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (19)
sw20>>s14 has a reputation beyond reputesw20>>s14 has a reputation beyond reputesw20>>s14 has a reputation beyond reputesw20>>s14 has a reputation beyond reputesw20>>s14 has a reputation beyond reputesw20>>s14 has a reputation beyond reputesw20>>s14 has a reputation beyond reputesw20>>s14 has a reputation beyond reputesw20>>s14 has a reputation beyond reputesw20>>s14 has a reputation beyond reputesw20>>s14 has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 19 reviews
Send a message via AIM to sw20>>s14
jeebus thats a steal...hmm...thinking about selling my HEs before they even hit the car...dammit...
Old 07-15-2005, 09:46 AM   #32
240trainee
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (1)
240trainee is close to perfection240trainee is close to perfection240trainee is close to perfection240trainee is close to perfection240trainee is close to perfection240trainee is close to perfection240trainee is close to perfection240trainee is close to perfection240trainee is close to perfection240trainee is close to perfection240trainee is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Send a message via AIM to 240trainee
Will they by any chance be able to change rear mounts to use a z32 rear upright? I was gonna go with KTS coils because they can use the Z32 upright, but these look pimp as crap. I just don't knowwwwww

Team Pterodactyl
SHARK ATTACK!!!
LookoutDrift
Old 07-15-2005, 09:51 AM   #33
240trainee
Post Whore!

240trainee is close to perfection240trainee is close to perfection240trainee is close to perfection240trainee is close to perfection240trainee is close to perfection240trainee is close to perfection240trainee is close to perfection240trainee is close to perfection240trainee is close to perfection240trainee is close to perfection240trainee is close to perfection
And i would really like to know what Kouguchi is saying about these things, My Japanese comprehension is about nothing.

Team Pterodactyl
SHARK ATTACK!!!
LookoutDrift
Old 07-15-2005, 01:06 PM   #34
tougefactory
Zilvia.net Advertiser

Trader Rating: (27)
tougefactory is a name known to alltougefactory is a name known to alltougefactory is a name known to alltougefactory is a name known to alltougefactory is a name known to alltougefactory is a name known to alltougefactory is a name known to alltougefactory is a name known to alltougefactory is a name known to alltougefactory is a name known to alltougefactory is a name known to all
Feedback Score: 27 reviews
Hi guys.

We'll be offering rebuild services in the states and replacement parts.

Many of you have asked about D-Drug and Tanabe DD comparison. I have both of these on my S13's, so I will try to give you an un-biased review.

It won't be an accurate comparison as Tanabe DD is on heavily modified chassis(hatchback), and D-drug is on almost stock chassis(coupe).
I personally have experienced many different coilovers on S13 chassis. So far Tanabe DD is my favorite out of all of them.

Tanabe DD is valved really good and 4 way adjustment makes it very easy to adjust at the track. Its also short stroke and has bottom adjustable perch which allows it go very low. It uses forged aluminum parts for durability and lightweight. Oversize pistons and valve components takes alot of abuse. Ride on the street is stiff but very controlled so its not fatiguing at all. Overall this coilover kicks a*s.

I've had the D-drug for about a month to test them out(to make sure its good). So far I have been pleasantly surprised and pleased.
D-drug is valved very good compared to other coilovers in the similar price range. It doesn't have bottom adjustable perch but its super short stroke, so your car will be low. You won't be able to drive at stock height, even if you tried. 40-way is bit too much IMO, but the knob clicks and feels very solid unlike the Megans. Change can be felt in every click. Adjustable Pillow upper mounts are standard on fronts and rears. It does not use forged aluminum parts like DD's but keep in mind the price difference. I have 10/8 spring rate like DD's so ride is stiff but is controlled. But i can't comment on the ride on the street yet because this car is running stock wheels and tire size. Stiff suspension + bouncy tires = soso ride. but I have yet to feel a body roll in corners. Overall this coilover is best bang for the buck.

Its hard to say if D-drug can match up to DD's performance because of the differences in the chassis, wheels, and tires. But for the price we're offering in this groupbuy, you won't be disappointed with this coilover.
Old 07-15-2005, 01:12 PM   #35
240trainee
Post Whore!

I think I'll give these a shot, seem like a good product. and they go loooooooooooooooooow, I like it, hehehe

Team Pterodactyl
SHARK ATTACK!!!
LookoutDrift
Old 07-15-2005, 07:31 PM   #36
s0ldats
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (0)
s0ldats is on the path to ruins0ldats is on the path to ruin
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
pics of them on your s13 please
Old 07-15-2005, 07:51 PM   #37
sw20>>s14
Post Whore!

sw20>>s14 has a reputation beyond reputesw20>>s14 has a reputation beyond reputesw20>>s14 has a reputation beyond reputesw20>>s14 has a reputation beyond reputesw20>>s14 has a reputation beyond reputesw20>>s14 has a reputation beyond reputesw20>>s14 has a reputation beyond reputesw20>>s14 has a reputation beyond reputesw20>>s14 has a reputation beyond reputesw20>>s14 has a reputation beyond reputesw20>>s14 has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by tougefactory

Adjustable Pillow upper mounts are standard on fronts and rears.
on the first page you said that the fronts are adjustable and its assumed that the rears are pillow ball...but you just said that they are both adjustable...you meant fronts are pillow ball/adjustable while the rears are pillow ball/non adj. right? just confirming...and also, this gb is for all s chassis right? didnt really say...seriously considering a set soon...thanks for the review...

and since you personally have a set...considering that is doesnt have a lower perch to adjust, how much can you drop it before you preload the spring? im assuming since these are super short stroke, you can drop it enough (0"-3") without impeding spring travel correct? i personally dont like a "slammed" car so i could probably do without the lower perch...okay, now i really want them...
Old 07-16-2005, 12:59 PM   #38
CaoBoY
Zilvia Addict

CaoBoY is making a name for him/her selfCaoBoY is making a name for him/her self
ooh OH! question! is there any way the group buy could be extended?! and do you guy accept american express?! lol! no really though.
Old 07-16-2005, 02:10 PM   #39
SirWarrior
Zilvia Addict

SirWarrior is an unknown quantity at this point
So is there an option to get the Z32 rears like KTS???
Old 07-16-2005, 04:56 PM   #40
final act
Zilvia Member

final act is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to final act
Im very interested in these, Im making a order as soon as I get the money!
Old 07-16-2005, 05:25 PM   #41
BSPerformance
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (9)
BSPerformance is making his/her stupidity well-knownBSPerformance is making his/her stupidity well-knownBSPerformance is making his/her stupidity well-known
Feedback Score: 9 reviews
Send a message via AIM to BSPerformance
I wouldnt have enough for this untill like middle of aug, I miss the dead line booooo lol, who ever buys these post up some pics and a review plz
Old 07-16-2005, 09:34 PM   #42
240trainee
Post Whore!

I'll work my ass off next week for some extra cash to get these, So exciting, I hope I can pull it off, I want to try these sooooo bad. There isn't a participation limit is there, as long as I get money in by the 29th, I'm good, right?

Team Pterodactyl
SHARK ATTACK!!!
LookoutDrift
Old 07-18-2005, 09:47 AM   #43
tougefactory
Zilvia.net Advertiser

tougefactory is a name known to alltougefactory is a name known to alltougefactory is a name known to alltougefactory is a name known to alltougefactory is a name known to alltougefactory is a name known to alltougefactory is a name known to alltougefactory is a name known to alltougefactory is a name known to alltougefactory is a name known to alltougefactory is a name known to all
Quote:
Originally Posted by s0ldats
pics of them on your s13 please

Old 07-18-2005, 09:56 AM   #44
s0ldats
Zilvia Addict

alright i think i'm gonna take a gamble on these, i'm trustin you dave

edit: are those at full height?

eeeediitt: how many more sales needed before gb ends?
Old 07-18-2005, 11:15 AM   #45
tougefactory
Zilvia.net Advertiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by s0ldats
alright i think i'm gonna take a gamble on these, i'm trustin you dave

edit: are those at full height?

eeeediitt: how many more sales needed before gb ends?
Yes, its at highest setting. I had it lowered more but with stock 15's ,exhaust was scraping everywhere.

There is no minimum for this groupbuy. This is a special promotional sales.
Old 07-18-2005, 11:34 AM   #46
240trainee
Post Whore!

Hahahahaha, thats as high as they go?? I love it, lol.

Team Pterodactyl
SHARK ATTACK!!!
LookoutDrift
Old 07-18-2005, 12:43 PM   #47
morpheus8486
Zilvia Member

morpheus8486 has a little shameless behavior in the past
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ritz S14
Everything seems awesome about them. BUT damn 40way? Geez I'll probably loose count after 12 clicks

Better yet, have some type of EDFC capability.
What's this about having some type of EDFC capability? Can anyone confirm this? These look pimp. How does these compare to the tein super drifts? And seeing how low they are at they're highest setting do you think I would have any problems running these with a set of 205/50/15 tires?
Old 07-18-2005, 01:19 PM   #48
aa87
Zilvia FREAK!

aa87 has a brilliant futureaa87 has a brilliant futureaa87 has a brilliant futureaa87 has a brilliant futureaa87 has a brilliant futureaa87 has a brilliant futureaa87 has a brilliant futureaa87 has a brilliant futureaa87 has a brilliant futureaa87 has a brilliant futureaa87 has a brilliant future
Send a message via AIM to aa87
Highest setting?!?! so low???! crap, that would leave me screwd
Old 07-18-2005, 02:16 PM   #49
phreze
Zilvia Addict

phreze is a glorious beacon of lightphreze is a glorious beacon of lightphreze is a glorious beacon of lightphreze is a glorious beacon of lightphreze is a glorious beacon of lightphreze is a glorious beacon of lightphreze is a glorious beacon of lightphreze is a glorious beacon of lightphreze is a glorious beacon of lightphreze is a glorious beacon of lightphreze is a glorious beacon of light
Send a message via AIM to phreze
I saw this car personaly on Saturday when I was picking up some parts and it looked great. Touge Factory is run by a good bunch of guys who wouldn't steer you wrong.
Old 07-18-2005, 05:04 PM   #50
s0ldats
Zilvia Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by tougefactory
Yes, its at highest setting. I had it lowered more but with stock 15's ,exhaust was scraping everywhere.

There is no minimum for this groupbuy. This is a special promotional sales.
so the earliest they can be shipped out is the 29th?

edit: or when is the earliest that they can be shipped out if i pay say, today?

Last edited by s0ldats; 07-18-2005 at 05:44 PM..
Old 07-18-2005, 08:36 PM   #51
flipdrifter
Leaky Injector

flipdrifter is on a distinguished road
Quote:
All orders will be pre-paid in full and non refundable after order is placed. Delivery time will be around 2-3 wks to your door after the GB has ended. Coilovers will be shipped by air so actual shipping time is only 4-5 days from Japan.
is it 4-5 days from japan to our doors or is it 4-5 days from japan to the US.. then 2-3 weeks to our doors...
Old 07-19-2005, 02:13 AM   #52
Helghast
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (2)
Helghast is close to perfectionHelghast is close to perfectionHelghast is close to perfectionHelghast is close to perfectionHelghast is close to perfectionHelghast is close to perfectionHelghast is close to perfectionHelghast is close to perfectionHelghast is close to perfectionHelghast is close to perfectionHelghast is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Helghast
do D-Drug sell optional Springs?

Like if I buy 8k/6k and want to go 10/8 for track purpose.

question is..do D-Drug just sell springs too?
Old 07-19-2005, 01:57 PM   #53
tougefactory
Zilvia.net Advertiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Helghast
do D-Drug sell optional Springs?

Like if I buy 8k/6k and want to go 10/8 for track purpose.

question is..do D-Drug just sell springs too?
You can purchase extra springs for $105 each.
Old 07-19-2005, 02:27 PM   #54
tougefactory
Zilvia.net Advertiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by flipdrifter
is it 4-5 days from japan to our doors or is it 4-5 days from japan to the US.. then 2-3 weeks to our doors...
All coilovers will be ordered after the GB. Then it takes 7-10 days to receive them from Japan to our warehouse. Then it'll take 1-3 days for domestic shipping within USA. So about 2 wks total to your door.
Old 07-19-2005, 04:50 PM   #55
that180guy
Zilvia Addict

that180guy is making a name for him/her selfthat180guy is making a name for him/her self
Send a message via AIM to that180guy
MOTHER OF GOD!!!!!
thats how high it goes!!!!!!!!!!!
external resuviour!!!!!
40 way adjustability.......thats like a oxymoron....its good, but at the same way...its not soo good.....4ways on the DDs isnt that bad

deffinently a steal for the price

Part of the Elite Shasta Speed Stars
RIP......05-09-03....*sniff sniff
the beast nears completion.....

YOU LOOK AND U BUY STUFF !!!!!
Old 07-21-2005, 03:06 AM   #56
sw20>>s14
Post Whore!

any updates on orders or inventory? thinking about getting a set depending on my financial status by the end of this month...
Old 07-22-2005, 01:14 PM   #57
tempuraDRIFT
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (4)
tempuraDRIFT has a little shameless behavior in the past
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by 240trainee
Will they by any chance be able to change rear mounts to use a z32 rear upright? I was gonna go with KTS coils because they can use the Z32 upright, but these look pimp as crap. I just don't knowwwwww

im on the same boat i just need to make 200$ lol i want these !
Old 07-22-2005, 02:23 PM   #58
drifts135
Zilvia Addict

drifts135 is a glorious beacon of lightdrifts135 is a glorious beacon of lightdrifts135 is a glorious beacon of lightdrifts135 is a glorious beacon of lightdrifts135 is a glorious beacon of lightdrifts135 is a glorious beacon of lightdrifts135 is a glorious beacon of lightdrifts135 is a glorious beacon of lightdrifts135 is a glorious beacon of lightdrifts135 is a glorious beacon of lightdrifts135 is a glorious beacon of light
Send a message via AIM to drifts135
Damn I wish I had money right now so I could buy a pair of these in this gb!
Old 07-22-2005, 08:10 PM   #59
240trainee
Post Whore!

Sent money, I'll take all the sticker you guys'll give me, Touge Factory Guys!!!! I can't freaking wait, they should be here when I come back from vacation

Team Pterodactyl
SHARK ATTACK!!!
LookoutDrift
Old 07-23-2005, 01:09 AM   #60
flipdrifter
Leaky Injector

flipdrifter is on a distinguished road
Quote:
I'll take all the sticker you guys'll give me, Touge Factory Guys!!!!
LoL me too!!

do you think we can get tracking numbers when you ship..?!
Closed Thread