Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat

Chat General Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 03-01-2007, 04:49 PM   #1
Full-Lock
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (0)
Full-Lock is close to perfectionFull-Lock is close to perfectionFull-Lock is close to perfectionFull-Lock is close to perfectionFull-Lock is close to perfectionFull-Lock is close to perfectionFull-Lock is close to perfectionFull-Lock is close to perfectionFull-Lock is close to perfectionFull-Lock is close to perfectionFull-Lock is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Full-Lock
a slightly different view on fitment, help me out with my setup

alright, i have:
18x9 +18 and 18x10 +26

i plan on running a +25mm spacer in the front making the front 18x9 -7
i also plan on running a +30mm spacer in the making the rear 18x10 -4

i want to run Origin +20mm over fenders (f) and Origin +50mm over fenders (r). i also would like to have 305's on the rear and 265's on the front. i already get traction for shit, so i really dont want to go smaller on the tires unless i absolutly have to. This car will be used for basically light road racing/solo1 and daily driver. How do you think this would fit. im not 100% solid on tire and spacer sizes at the moment, any suggestions?

i searched around, but i cant really find anyone running tire sizes like these

thanks a lot,
chase
Old 03-01-2007, 04:50 PM   #2
hitman
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (3)
hitman is close to perfectionhitman is close to perfectionhitman is close to perfectionhitman is close to perfectionhitman is close to perfectionhitman is close to perfectionhitman is close to perfectionhitman is close to perfectionhitman is close to perfectionhitman is close to perfectionhitman is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Send a message via AIM to hitman
i dont think the front will fit
Old 03-01-2007, 10:07 PM   #3
CrazyIvan
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (8)
CrazyIvan will become famous soon enoughCrazyIvan will become famous soon enoughCrazyIvan will become famous soon enoughCrazyIvan will become famous soon enough
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
of course it will, he'll be running overfenders...
front : 255/40 max
rear: 295/30 max

265 and 305 will look wayyyy to big on 9 & 10" wheels you're planning to run IMO.
Old 03-01-2007, 10:19 PM   #4
sideview_180sx
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (3)
sideview_180sx is a splendid one to beholdsideview_180sx is a splendid one to beholdsideview_180sx is a splendid one to beholdsideview_180sx is a splendid one to beholdsideview_180sx is a splendid one to beholdsideview_180sx is a splendid one to beholdsideview_180sx is a splendid one to beholdsideview_180sx is a splendid one to beholdsideview_180sx is a splendid one to beholdsideview_180sx is a splendid one to beholdsideview_180sx is a splendid one to behold
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Send a message via AIM to sideview_180sx Send a message via Yahoo to sideview_180sx
hit up member ace in hole he does solo2 or scca racing in his s14. he was running biggwe tires sizes. search up on the threads he made to see if you want to proceed in that direction. Also if you are racing, common sense is to never run spacers that huge w/o at least upgrading the wheel studs, better yet get better offset wheels to minimize the risk.

formerly sideviewcivic
Save a Horse. Drift This Cowboy.
AirBag Club Member #0014
sideview_180sx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2007, 06:34 AM   #5
Full-Lock
Nissanaholic!

Full-Lock is close to perfectionFull-Lock is close to perfectionFull-Lock is close to perfectionFull-Lock is close to perfectionFull-Lock is close to perfectionFull-Lock is close to perfectionFull-Lock is close to perfectionFull-Lock is close to perfectionFull-Lock is close to perfectionFull-Lock is close to perfectionFull-Lock is close to perfection
thanks for the solid advice guys..

actually, after i posted this i changed my setup to 295's out back instead of 305's and im still looking at 265's on the front. but i will look into those 255's

i will search that dudes name and check out his setup. I really don't want to run spacer and i've seen they are kinda frowned upon. but the ones i want to use are hub centric and have longer wheel studs (H&R). so i dont think there is much of a drawback. I should have gotten the correct wheels the first time, but i would have a hard time selling these wheels.

if anyone else has something lmk.

thanks again to the responses
Old 03-02-2007, 10:29 AM   #6
wootwoot
Post Whore!

wootwoot is a name known to allwootwoot is a name known to allwootwoot is a name known to allwootwoot is a name known to allwootwoot is a name known to allwootwoot is a name known to allwootwoot is a name known to allwootwoot is a name known to allwootwoot is a name known to allwootwoot is a name known to allwootwoot is a name known to all
Send a message via AIM to wootwoot
If you are having traction issues going wider wont help that much. Just to warn ya. Its all about tire compound so you can run wide as fuck on not such good tires and it wont make a damn. I mean, this is all perfectly fine if its just for bling but dont expect it to help to much. On the track as well, that much tire will never be heated properly(if they were proper racing tires) for their to be optimum grip. Sorry I dont really have anything to say that helps

You should just ride around on 275 bfg drag radials with 20 psi in them if you really are making 650whp
Old 03-02-2007, 10:37 AM   #7
OptionZero
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (2)
OptionZero is close to perfectionOptionZero is close to perfectionOptionZero is close to perfectionOptionZero is close to perfectionOptionZero is close to perfectionOptionZero is close to perfectionOptionZero is close to perfectionOptionZero is close to perfectionOptionZero is close to perfectionOptionZero is close to perfectionOptionZero is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Send a message via AIM to OptionZero
Yeah, what type of tire are you running? Improving the compound and tinkering with suspension might get you better results than simply upsizing.
OptionZero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2007, 10:45 AM   #8
Maximamike
Zilvia Junkie

Maximamike is a splendid one to beholdMaximamike is a splendid one to beholdMaximamike is a splendid one to beholdMaximamike is a splendid one to beholdMaximamike is a splendid one to beholdMaximamike is a splendid one to beholdMaximamike is a splendid one to beholdMaximamike is a splendid one to beholdMaximamike is a splendid one to beholdMaximamike is a splendid one to beholdMaximamike is a splendid one to behold
Something like..

I love this car.
Maximamike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2007, 01:16 PM   #9
Full-Lock
Nissanaholic!

yes! thats basically wht i want right there^^

just a bit more "conservative" since it will be street too. As of right now im unsure on tires..im thinking ra1's.

i dunno...i think im pretty solid on the 265/295 setup..just unsure about the spacer at the moment.

right now im using Bridgestone Potenza RE750 on the rear in 265..so its obviously stretched. that size/tire is only supposed to be a temporary. i get traction okay with them

thanks to all the advice...more is welcome
Old 03-02-2007, 01:41 PM   #10
OptionZero
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (2)
OptionZero is close to perfectionOptionZero is close to perfectionOptionZero is close to perfectionOptionZero is close to perfectionOptionZero is close to perfectionOptionZero is close to perfectionOptionZero is close to perfectionOptionZero is close to perfectionOptionZero is close to perfectionOptionZero is close to perfectionOptionZero is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Send a message via AIM to OptionZero
change the tires, instead of the size if u dont want to worry about fitment

RE01s for example, > re750s
OptionZero is offline   Reply With Quote