Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > Specific Topics > Off Topic Chat

Off Topic Chat All non related chat goes here.

Closed Thread

Old 12-18-2002, 08:55 PM   #1
Nismo240SX
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (0)
Nismo240SX is on a distinguished road
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Nismo240SX
Anyone else hate this vB bull ****?

well, to be honest with you... i am very disappointed how the forums got converted to this. not being mean, but... spending 35 hours to turn the forum into this was a waiste of time in my perspective. everything loads slow, looks like a rip-off of the old one. anyone else think it was poitless to make the forum crappy? theres a good saying "if it aint broke, don't fix it." and another thing, anyone else finding themselves just getting use to the old style from the last time we changed? well, i guess its life. can't win em all.
Old 12-18-2002, 09:02 PM   #2
SimpleS14
Post Whore!

SimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfection
No I don't hate it...BTW why post this here?

I started a thread where you can post you opinion....IN THE OFF-TOPIC SECTION!! (j/m)

here:
http://www.zilvia.net/f/showthread.p...threadid=20141
Old 12-18-2002, 09:03 PM   #3
negular
Dr. Neg

negular is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to negular Send a message via Yahoo to negular
I think its ok, just takes time to get used to it... plus, I like being a junkie better than just a member. but yeah... lock it!
Old 12-18-2002, 09:16 PM   #4
Nismos14
Zilvia FREAK!

Nismos14 is an unknown quantity at this point
Talking

I like it alot, its much faster for me at least and it looks better easier to browse through the forums and what not.
Old 12-18-2002, 09:17 PM   #5
tnord
Nissanaholic!

tnord is an unknown quantity at this point
loads slow?? that's odd, everything is 10x faster for me
Old 12-18-2002, 09:25 PM   #6
xLSTONEx
BANNED

xLSTONEx is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to xLSTONEx
I like it a lot. It is a whole lot faster and looks better. Vbulletin is one of the best forum boards you can get. The only thing I don't like I covers up cuss words. That pisses me off, but maybe he can change that.
Old 12-18-2002, 09:25 PM   #7
whateverjames
Nissanaholic!

whateverjames has a little shameless behavior in the past
Send a message via AIM to whateverjames
i don't see anything but good things going on here. before, it really sucked paying more money for a cable modem only to access the forums like i had a 28.8k modem...on a bad day...while downloading. now it just flys for me.

02 Blazer X - 90 240SX w/SR

oh noes
Old 12-18-2002, 09:45 PM   #8
X-Iceman
Zilvia Junkie

X-Iceman is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to X-Iceman
Ya the speed thing, so wrong. I could get up, get a sandwich, take a crap, load up a cd, decide to change a cd, then go take a piss, back down for a beer, and come back n just sit down to see it load.
Old 12-18-2002, 10:31 PM   #9
kanekz
Zilvia Addict

kanekz is an unknown quantity at this point
One thing that does suck is I lost my prcious PM's that contained so many contacts, numbers, links, and info that I collected over the time I've been here
Old 12-18-2002, 10:43 PM   #10
SilviaDriver
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (2)
SilviaDriver will become famous soon enoughSilviaDriver will become famous soon enoughSilviaDriver will become famous soon enoughSilviaDriver will become famous soon enough
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Send a message via AIM to SilviaDriver
the thing i hate about it is

1. smiles suck ass
2. theres no sub title no more like the first one did
3. in the beginning it says last posted by "name" but doesnt show wat thread it was posted in

besides those, its fine with me.
Old 12-18-2002, 10:58 PM   #11
CoasTek240
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (3)
CoasTek240 has much to be proud ofCoasTek240 has much to be proud ofCoasTek240 has much to be proud ofCoasTek240 has much to be proud ofCoasTek240 has much to be proud ofCoasTek240 has much to be proud ofCoasTek240 has much to be proud ofCoasTek240 has much to be proud ofCoasTek240 has much to be proud ofCoasTek240 has much to be proud ofCoasTek240 has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Send a message via AIM to CoasTek240
yeah

i like the old forum better.. but this one is way faster.. i alwaysa have a prob with cliking "post neW thread" instead of "reply" b/c they are switched.. but oh well.
And the smileys sucks..over all it's way better

\i'm still pissed i lost liek 200 posts though
Old 12-19-2002, 12:04 AM   #12
S13Grl
Married to the Mob

S13Grl is a name known to allS13Grl is a name known to allS13Grl is a name known to allS13Grl is a name known to allS13Grl is a name known to allS13Grl is a name known to allS13Grl is a name known to allS13Grl is a name known to allS13Grl is a name known to allS13Grl is a name known to allS13Grl is a name known to all
When we converted to the new style of Ikonboard, all you guys complained about how you didn't like it for months on end. This version is much better for many reasons. Nothing you all don't know. It'll take a bit of getting used to, but it's all for the better. Cheer up! Yeah, it sucks that we lost a bunch of info, but we're getting more back in return . Happy posting!
Old 12-19-2002, 12:21 AM   #13
gschroeder78
Zilvia Junkie

gschroeder78 is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via Yahoo to gschroeder78
Quote:
Originally posted by S13Grl
When we converted to the new style of Ikonboard, all you guys complained about how you didn't like it for months on end. This version is much better for many reasons. Nothing you all don't know. It'll take a bit of getting used to, but it's all for the better. Cheer up! Yeah, it sucks that we lost a bunch of info, but we're getting more back in return . Happy posting!
Exactly what I was going to say. Besides how hard is it really, to figure out a different board? We may have lost a little bit of info but look how much we didn't lose.

S13Grl- Have you always been in Denver?

Garrett
-Apex-i N1 Dual Exhaust
Westminster, CO
Old 12-19-2002, 12:37 AM   #14
tnord
Nissanaholic!

hey, yeah, wtf you doin outa chicago?
Old 12-19-2002, 03:02 AM   #15
camppain
Will never get banned...

camppain will become famous soon enoughcamppain will become famous soon enoughcamppain will become famous soon enoughcamppain will become famous soon enoughcamppain will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to camppain Send a message via MSN to camppain Send a message via Yahoo to camppain
Quote:
Originally posted by whateverjames
i don't see anything but good things going on here. before, it really sucked paying more money for a cable modem only to access the forums like i had a 28.8k modem...on a bad day...while downloading. now it just flys for me.

agreed! would take a minute for the pages and topics to load.

you must be smoking crack man
Old 12-19-2002, 04:42 AM   #16
ca18guy
Premium Member

ca18guy is close to perfectionca18guy is close to perfectionca18guy is close to perfectionca18guy is close to perfectionca18guy is close to perfectionca18guy is close to perfectionca18guy is close to perfectionca18guy is close to perfectionca18guy is close to perfectionca18guy is close to perfectionca18guy is close to perfection
I like it, loads a crap load faster and SEARCH WORKS.

Last edited by ca18guy; 12-19-2002 at 05:02 AM..
Old 12-19-2002, 10:57 AM   #17
S13Grl
Married to the Mob

S13Grl is a name known to allS13Grl is a name known to allS13Grl is a name known to allS13Grl is a name known to allS13Grl is a name known to allS13Grl is a name known to allS13Grl is a name known to allS13Grl is a name known to allS13Grl is a name known to allS13Grl is a name known to allS13Grl is a name known to all
Quote:
Originally posted by gschroeder78
Exactly what I was going to say. Besides how hard is it really, to figure out a different board? We may have lost a little bit of info but look how much we didn't lose.

S13Grl- Have you always been in Denver?

Garrett
Nope! Just moved not too long ago .

Thank you guys for agreeing with me!
Old 12-19-2002, 11:01 AM   #18
ridebmx
Zilvia Junkie

ridebmx is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via ICQ to ridebmx Send a message via AIM to ridebmx Send a message via Yahoo to ridebmx
i like the new board, loads a million times faster for me, but there is one complaint, can u turn the email notification for permently, instead of having to click it each and every time when u post

waiting for the sunken look to be cool..lol
Old 12-19-2002, 11:11 AM   #19
S13Grl
Married to the Mob

Quote:
Originally posted by ridebmx
i like the new board, loads a million times faster for me, but there is one complaint, can u turn the email notification for permently, instead of having to click it each and every time when u post
Yup! If you click "UserCP" right underneath our advertisers' banner, and then click Edit Options, you will find a field in there that will take the email notifications off.
Old 12-19-2002, 12:55 PM   #20
camppain
Will never get banned...

camppain will become famous soon enoughcamppain will become famous soon enoughcamppain will become famous soon enoughcamppain will become famous soon enoughcamppain will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to camppain Send a message via MSN to camppain Send a message via Yahoo to camppain
Quote:
Originally posted by S13Grl
Nope! Just moved not too long ago .

Thank you guys for agreeing with me!

and why didnt you say bye to me you siberian crack baby goat herder!
Old 12-19-2002, 12:58 PM   #21
S13Grl
Married to the Mob

Quote:
Originally posted by camppain
and why didnt you say bye to me you siberian crack baby goat herder!
Oh shut up, we stopped by and said bye. Liar...
Old 12-19-2002, 08:32 PM   #22
Nismo240SX
Zilvia Addict

Nismo240SX is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Nismo240SX
well, the first night the new forum loaded slow as piss, but now, it loads faster... when i posted it. it too forever to have it posted. and a comment to S13Grl... yeah. when we changed to Ikonboard... we complained. so wouldn't you guys be smart enough to figure out that we wouldn't want another pointless change? my advice now is, LEAVE IT LIKE THIS FROM NOW ON! even though half of us want IKONBOARD back. is it just me, or is this style seem ricey? haha. had to throw the rice joke in.
Old 12-19-2002, 08:38 PM   #23
tnord
Nissanaholic!

somebody lock this.

a ricey forum.......gimme a break.
Old 12-19-2002, 10:02 PM   #24
West
OMNOMNOMNOM

West has disabled reputation
Send a message via AIM to West
Quote:
Originally posted by Nismo240SX
well, the first night the new forum loaded slow as piss, but now, it loads faster... when i posted it. it too forever to have it posted. and a comment to S13Grl... yeah. when we changed to Ikonboard... we complained. so wouldn't you guys be smart enough to figure out that we wouldn't want another pointless change? my advice now is, LEAVE IT LIKE THIS FROM NOW ON! even though half of us want IKONBOARD back. is it just me, or is this style seem ricey? haha. had to throw the rice joke in.
Are you still listening to 8 Tracks? Wait, nm your most likely still in high school, so I guess it might be tapes for you. Since you know everything I suggest you build your own forum, and NEVER upgrade it. It will work well for you. Obviously you know nothing about forum software. Maybe you noticed when you first logged on to vB that the forum was still converting and might have seemed slow, must have been the end of the world for you. So quit complaining, the Moderators and I put ALOT of time in this site for nothing, so please learn to be more appreciative.
Old 12-20-2002, 03:39 PM   #25
Grant
Premium Member

Grant has a spectacular aura aboutGrant has a spectacular aura aboutGrant has a spectacular aura aboutGrant has a spectacular aura aboutGrant has a spectacular aura aboutGrant has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via AIM to Grant Send a message via MSN to Grant
Quote:
Originally posted by Nismo240SX
Mark encountered a lot of problems with the old programs. It may look better but by no means did it work any better. Not i was not a pointless change. The Ikonboard software had too many glitches.

Not trying to be a dick, but if you don't like the forum, then leave.

Last edited by Grant; 12-20-2002 at 03:41 PM..
Closed Thread