Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat

Chat General Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 02-22-2006, 12:27 AM   #31
Dousan_PG
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (23)
Dousan_PG is close to perfectionDousan_PG is close to perfectionDousan_PG is close to perfectionDousan_PG is close to perfectionDousan_PG is close to perfectionDousan_PG is close to perfectionDousan_PG is close to perfectionDousan_PG is close to perfectionDousan_PG is close to perfectionDousan_PG is close to perfectionDousan_PG is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 23 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by KA24DESOneThree
Drifting requires neither knowledge or common sense. It requires a heavy right foot and a better-than-mediocre budget. In fact, if one were to use common sense, one wouldn't drift.

actually it requires a decent amount of knowledge and common sense and not always a heavey right foot.
Dousan_PG is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-22-2006, 12:34 AM   #32
chmercer
BANNED

Trader Rating: (0)
chmercer has a reputation beyond reputechmercer has a reputation beyond reputechmercer has a reputation beyond reputechmercer has a reputation beyond reputechmercer has a reputation beyond reputechmercer has a reputation beyond reputechmercer has a reputation beyond reputechmercer has a reputation beyond reputechmercer has a reputation beyond reputechmercer has a reputation beyond reputechmercer has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Drifting requires neither knowledge or common sense. It requires a heavy right foot and a better-than-mediocre budget. In fact, if one were to use common sense, one wouldn't drift.
you talking about drag racing?

HUR HUR
chmercer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2006, 10:01 AM   #33
SpeedMonkeyInc
Zilvia FREAK!

SpeedMonkeyInc has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedMonkeyInc has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedMonkeyInc has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedMonkeyInc has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedMonkeyInc has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedMonkeyInc has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedMonkeyInc has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedMonkeyInc has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedMonkeyInc has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedMonkeyInc has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedMonkeyInc has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:

Hey hold on guys, I think we have a pro here. Maybe we should listen to what this guy has to say, because clearly, he has been-there-done-that.
SpeedMonkeyInc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2006, 10:52 AM   #34
samms95s14se
Zilvia Member

samms95s14se will become famous soon enoughsamms95s14se will become famous soon enoughsamms95s14se will become famous soon enoughsamms95s14se will become famous soon enough
Quote:
You're new to marketing, aren't you? Just because a company says something doesn't mean it's true. Motegi is catering to the 240 crowd with statements like that, and your belief makes their advertising campaign a success.

There is no "only" when it comes to wheel weights. Not only does even one half of a pound make a difference in unsprung weight and thus suspension efficiency, it also affects flywheel effect, which consequently affects stopping, accelerating, and turn-in.

I wasn't going to post again...but I like to teach the youth. If we didn't belive in anything a company said about their product we would never buy anything!

Motegi Togue wheel users "Daijiro Yoshihara" is Ranked 5th in Formula D out of about 35 dirivers!! are you that stupid to think he would hurt his chances at a victory just to get some free wheels and some pocket money if they were heavy garbage wheels? Also "Tanner foust" is ranked 13th and was just in the quarter finals at Irwindale against Chris Forsberg.

Nobody is trying to say they are the greatest wheels! but for the look, size and price they work for me!! and it's nice to know professonals use them. Even the beloved SSR's that cost a grip are forged wheels with a whole bunch of pointless rivets and even a stepped lip.
Old 02-22-2006, 12:08 PM   #35
axiomatik
Post Whore!

axiomatik is close to perfectionaxiomatik is close to perfectionaxiomatik is close to perfectionaxiomatik is close to perfectionaxiomatik is close to perfectionaxiomatik is close to perfectionaxiomatik is close to perfectionaxiomatik is close to perfectionaxiomatik is close to perfectionaxiomatik is close to perfectionaxiomatik is close to perfection
Sorry, but that was all just marketing hype. Do you really believe all marketing you see? Do you have a closet full of Axe body spray so that every hot chick within 10 miles won't be able to keep their hands off you? Drifting does not have any special requirements when it comes to wheels. You may notice that there are no threads on Zilvia asking what wheels are best for drifting. I am sure that all their 'R&D' consisted of asking what sizes they should make.
Old 02-22-2006, 12:08 PM   #36
FaLKoN240
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: (73)
FaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 73 reviews
The rivets on SSRs are so that you can take the face off of the lip, and put it onto a larger barrel if you'd like.

Best way to do business with me? Make your best offer FIRST.
FaLKoN240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2006, 12:48 PM   #37
TougeRacing
Zilvia Junkie

TougeRacing has a little shameless behavior in the past
Quote:
Originally Posted by 240FaLKoN
The rivets on SSRs are so that you can take the face off of the lip, and put it onto a larger barrel if you'd like.
and they also look better.
TougeRacing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2006, 02:48 PM   #38
Gnnr
Post Whore!

Gnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Ohhh....so thats what a step lip thats "functional" is. Heh...I'm actually learning here. =) I like the look of step lips, but if I buy a wheel that has a non funcitonal step lip, is that poser-esque? And how do you know if you can take the face off, what terms do you look for? Jline has some nice step wheels and I'm not sure if they're just design.

http://www.jlinewheels.com/

/end threadjack (:
Gnnr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2006, 02:53 PM   #39
FaLKoN240
Super Moderator

FaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfection
Mmmm, I think step lip is to make smaller lips look larger.

Old 02-22-2006, 03:42 PM   #40
ryangreg
Zilvia Member

ryangreg can only hope to improve
So you guys really think those touge's are ugly huh....well at least half of you? Im not a huge fan of the stepped lip, but it would be fine out front. What are some thoughts on staggered setups ie. 18 out back, 17 up front. Yea tires are considerably more expensive, but thats not what Im asking.

A nice flat lip out back is what im after, I dont care if my priorities are out of whack, thank you for reminding me though : ) Im not trying to spend 5 beans a pop here. I can get those Touge's 17 X 9 for 185 a piece, the 18 X 10's for 225/pop. I will be tracking the car, so as for staggered setup, take that into consideration.

yahoo japan for the nasty wheel selection?

we'll just see about that.
ryangreg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2006, 03:49 PM   #41
ThatGuy
Admin Asshole

ThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfection
No stagger for track. Unless you like plowing straight through a corner with your wheels at full lock.
Old 02-22-2006, 03:49 PM   #42
ramblux
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (1)
ramblux is a glorious beacon of lightramblux is a glorious beacon of lightramblux is a glorious beacon of lightramblux is a glorious beacon of lightramblux is a glorious beacon of lightramblux is a glorious beacon of lightramblux is a glorious beacon of lightramblux is a glorious beacon of lightramblux is a glorious beacon of lightramblux is a glorious beacon of lightramblux is a glorious beacon of light
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Stepped lips are stronger. Think corrugated cardboard, stock fender lips, etc.
ramblux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2006, 03:58 PM   #43
ryangreg
Zilvia Member

I dunno bout that no stagger for track use theory. I've seen cars in canada absolutey shredding with that setup, and one of the Signal drivers there, the younger kid, he rips a staggered setup back home....seen it in super street yo'! and in option vids when they give you car spec and shit.

so yea, went to yahoo japan and....

Yahoo! Japan is a site much like Yahoo! but tailor-made for Japanese users.

and that shit is pretty confusing even when you translate it.

somebody spoon feed me something good.....17x9 front 17x10 rear nice big lip out back, reasonable lip up front....as for offset not sure yet, but I was thinking of running spacers. I have 4 lug now, but will upgrade to 5 lug if need be. Thats another thing about them touge's, they offer that shit in 4 lug, almost cant go wrong.

I am sure some would beg to differ though.

Ryan
Old 02-22-2006, 04:03 PM   #44
ThatGuy
Admin Asshole

ThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfection
True the sample I gave was a bit extreme. But you can't really expect us to pick your wheels for you, can you? What's next, pick your aero kit? Your paint color? How about your girlfriend? Keep looking!
Old 02-22-2006, 04:08 PM   #45
ryangreg
Zilvia Member

hahah this shits tough man, sorry. so many options. I thought those motegis where nasty, but you guys made me think twice about it.
Old 02-22-2006, 04:14 PM   #46
SoSideways
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (4)
SoSideways is close to perfectionSoSideways is close to perfectionSoSideways is close to perfectionSoSideways is close to perfectionSoSideways is close to perfectionSoSideways is close to perfectionSoSideways is close to perfectionSoSideways is close to perfectionSoSideways is close to perfectionSoSideways is close to perfectionSoSideways is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
If you're into heavy rims that look decent and have a decent sized flat lip, you can always get those Sport Max wheels in 17x9.5 +35, or 18x8.5 +35, or 18x9.5 +35.

I've seen those rims in person, they're not that bad, and can be made to be flush quite easily in the front, the rear's already pretty flush as is.
SoSideways is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2006, 04:48 PM   #47
OptionZero
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (2)
OptionZero is close to perfectionOptionZero is close to perfectionOptionZero is close to perfectionOptionZero is close to perfectionOptionZero is close to perfectionOptionZero is close to perfectionOptionZero is close to perfectionOptionZero is close to perfectionOptionZero is close to perfectionOptionZero is close to perfectionOptionZero is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Send a message via AIM to OptionZero
if you dont care about looks or weight get Mustang Cobras, they are dirt cheap
OptionZero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2006, 04:58 PM   #48
FaLKoN240
Super Moderator

And they look better.

Old 02-22-2006, 05:22 PM   #49
that180guy
Zilvia Addict

that180guy is making a name for him/her selfthat180guy is making a name for him/her self
Send a message via AIM to that180guy
they named a wheel "touge" ahahahaha :ghey:

man, personally they dont even look all that bad. loose the gay gray color n lik keep it a simple silver with polished lip or sumthing would be nicer imho.

cheap wheels are cheap wheels.
you pay for what you get. i know a guy that bought FNs way before everybody was lik "zmog fn's are cheap n nice" and he cracked them on the streets of sf.

/shrugs

buy what u like, and if u ask for opinions on zilbeer, u get the paddle, lol.

Part of the Elite Shasta Speed Stars
RIP......05-09-03....*sniff sniff
the beast nears completion.....

YOU LOOK AND U BUY STUFF !!!!!
that180guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2006, 06:30 PM   #50
supportTHEezln
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (10)
supportTHEezln has much to be proud ofsupportTHEezln has much to be proud ofsupportTHEezln has much to be proud ofsupportTHEezln has much to be proud ofsupportTHEezln has much to be proud ofsupportTHEezln has much to be proud ofsupportTHEezln has much to be proud ofsupportTHEezln has much to be proud ofsupportTHEezln has much to be proud ofsupportTHEezln has much to be proud ofsupportTHEezln has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
Send a message via AIM to supportTHEezln
Quote:
That's not what they're for, SSR wouldn't sell only the barrels (rims) separately. But they ARE so you can take them apart, so I guess functional. And I agree, get cheap wheels off yahoo auctions, i got some 18x9+4 and 18x10+16 off yahoo auction.jp for $134+shipping. The total with shipping and commission from the place I got it from etc etc, was well under $500.
supportTHEezln is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2006, 06:46 PM   #51
ryangreg
Zilvia Member

I dont even understand that yahoo.jp even when Its translated. Do I need to be 1/4 japanese to navigate my way around that place or what?

Ryan