Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat

Chat General Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 01-15-2008, 07:42 PM   #721
S13_SideWayz
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (0)
S13_SideWayz can only hope to improve
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
wow dude i just went thru allllllll the pages and i gatta say u r the man! ive never seen so much custom work and dedicatoin into a car! i bet it will all pay up in the end! keep up the good work u inspire me tons!
S13_SideWayz is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-15-2008, 08:13 PM   #722
sillydrift
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (12)
sillydrift has a reputation beyond reputesillydrift has a reputation beyond reputesillydrift has a reputation beyond reputesillydrift has a reputation beyond reputesillydrift has a reputation beyond reputesillydrift has a reputation beyond reputesillydrift has a reputation beyond reputesillydrift has a reputation beyond reputesillydrift has a reputation beyond reputesillydrift has a reputation beyond reputesillydrift has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 12 reviews
Send a message via AIM to sillydrift
i just went through all 25 pages, all i have to say is WOW! this is one of the most detailed build ive seen, love the car and the build, this makes me want to go and start on my s14, keep up the good work!

sillydrift is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2008, 10:51 PM   #723
irax
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (4)
irax is close to perfectionirax is close to perfectionirax is close to perfectionirax is close to perfectionirax is close to perfectionirax is close to perfectionirax is close to perfectionirax is close to perfectionirax is close to perfectionirax is close to perfectionirax is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Send a message via AIM to irax
latest pic

Old 01-15-2008, 11:43 PM   #724
BustedS13
Post Whore!

BustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to BustedS13
Quote:
Originally Posted by bardabe View Post
looking at that picture would have porlly made better sense before you painted the car. but there is obviously more room on the right side of the car. should have done a Right Hand Drive Conversion. Could have had better / more Turbo + manifold clearance. and Fabricating a custom intake manifold is always easier anyways. less heat on the BMC and so on. its not too late you should consider it.
...but this is america. we drive on the right. unless he delivers mail, staying LHD would probably be the proper thing to do.
Old 01-16-2008, 12:13 AM   #725
yarou
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (8)
yarou is close to perfectionyarou is close to perfectionyarou is close to perfectionyarou is close to perfectionyarou is close to perfectionyarou is close to perfectionyarou is close to perfectionyarou is close to perfectionyarou is close to perfectionyarou is close to perfectionyarou is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by irax View Post
latest pic

Hahahah, I know I'm not the only one who gets this.
Old 01-16-2008, 12:32 AM   #726
Sil80Dreams
Leaky Injector

Sil80Dreams is making his/her stupidity well-knownSil80Dreams is making his/her stupidity well-knownSil80Dreams is making his/her stupidity well-known
Quote:
Originally Posted by yarou View Post
No sir you are not. Ahh ED thanks for the fun memes, and fuck you for the soul shattering, mind-blinding pictures and idiocy.
Sil80Dreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2008, 07:21 PM   #727
96Turbo
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (11)
96Turbo has a reputation beyond repute96Turbo has a reputation beyond repute96Turbo has a reputation beyond repute96Turbo has a reputation beyond repute96Turbo has a reputation beyond repute96Turbo has a reputation beyond repute96Turbo has a reputation beyond repute96Turbo has a reputation beyond repute96Turbo has a reputation beyond repute96Turbo has a reputation beyond repute96Turbo has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 11 reviews
Do you have any idea how distracting this is??!?!?!? I've got homework to do damnit!! I'm in mechanical engineering at ASU. Judging by some of the other comments you're an engineering student as well?? What type? Keep up the good work. PERFECTION!
96Turbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2008, 09:15 PM   #728
DJButton
Zilvia Junkie

DJButton is close to perfectionDJButton is close to perfectionDJButton is close to perfectionDJButton is close to perfectionDJButton is close to perfectionDJButton is close to perfectionDJButton is close to perfectionDJButton is close to perfectionDJButton is close to perfectionDJButton is close to perfectionDJButton is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to DJButton
I know this has been said a thousand times over now, but you sir have undertaken one of the most thorough and well excuted build ups my eyes have graced, so congratulations and a hearty good luck on this fantastic project!

New website! http://www.fujiispl.com
Post up YOUR CAR! http://www.rimtuck.com/
DJButton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2008, 09:38 PM   #729
WagDatto
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (6)
WagDatto is close to perfectionWagDatto is close to perfectionWagDatto is close to perfectionWagDatto is close to perfectionWagDatto is close to perfectionWagDatto is close to perfectionWagDatto is close to perfectionWagDatto is close to perfectionWagDatto is close to perfectionWagDatto is close to perfectionWagDatto is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
Send a message via AIM to WagDatto
Quote:
Originally Posted by yarou View Post
SHOOP DA WHOOP!!1one!

Awesome build, meng! Stoked to see more progress.

http://garagezoku.blogspot.com
WagDatto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2008, 12:11 AM   #730
tschad
Zilvia Junkie

tschad is making a name for him/her selftschad is making a name for him/her selftschad is making a name for him/her self
i like what u have done but but put a rb in a track car. a lil to much weight in the front if u ask me.
tschad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2008, 12:21 AM   #731
Dousan_PG
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (23)
Dousan_PG is close to perfectionDousan_PG is close to perfectionDousan_PG is close to perfectionDousan_PG is close to perfectionDousan_PG is close to perfectionDousan_PG is close to perfectionDousan_PG is close to perfectionDousan_PG is close to perfectionDousan_PG is close to perfectionDousan_PG is close to perfectionDousan_PG is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 23 reviews
dont say 'track slut' until it at least touches the track

but a sweet build. dont get me wrong
Dousan_PG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2008, 12:28 AM   #732
McRussellPants
Nissanaholic!

McRussellPants has a reputation beyond reputeMcRussellPants has a reputation beyond reputeMcRussellPants has a reputation beyond reputeMcRussellPants has a reputation beyond reputeMcRussellPants has a reputation beyond reputeMcRussellPants has a reputation beyond reputeMcRussellPants has a reputation beyond reputeMcRussellPants has a reputation beyond reputeMcRussellPants has a reputation beyond reputeMcRussellPants has a reputation beyond reputeMcRussellPants has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dousan_PG View Post
dont say 'track slut' until it at least touches the track

Yeah, notched firewall isn't gonna be legal for much.

also your rear down bars aren't legal to my knowledge.
McRussellPants is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2008, 12:41 AM   #733
D1S13
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (9)
D1S13 can only hope to improve
Feedback Score: 9 reviews
took FOR EVER to read

must say; the Baddest build yet, seriously

www.teamtopflight.blogspot.com
D1S13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2008, 09:34 AM   #734
burnsauto
Post Whore!

burnsauto is close to perfectionburnsauto is close to perfectionburnsauto is close to perfectionburnsauto is close to perfectionburnsauto is close to perfectionburnsauto is close to perfectionburnsauto is close to perfectionburnsauto is close to perfectionburnsauto is close to perfectionburnsauto is close to perfectionburnsauto is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to burnsauto
does the rb usually sit that far over to the right? (while sitting in the car..)
Old 01-17-2008, 01:12 PM   #735
PoorMans180SX
Zilvia.net Advertiser

Trader Rating: (16)
PoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 16 reviews
Send a message via AIM to PoorMans180SX
Quote:
Originally Posted by tschad View Post
i like what u have done but but put a rb in a track car. a lil to much weight in the front if u ask me.
I think that's the point of putting it 6 inches INTO the firewall

Friends don't let friends buy knock-offs.
PoorMans180SX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2008, 04:30 PM   #736
Rusker
Zilvia Junkie

Rusker is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by PoorMans180SX View Post
I think that's the point of putting it 6 inches INTO the firewall
Bingo!
Old 01-17-2008, 11:58 PM   #737
Gavster
Zilvia Junkie

Gavster is close to perfectionGavster is close to perfectionGavster is close to perfectionGavster is close to perfectionGavster is close to perfectionGavster is close to perfectionGavster is close to perfectionGavster is close to perfectionGavster is close to perfectionGavster is close to perfectionGavster is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to Gavster
Jeez this thread really blew up! Ok, so three weekends in a row of snowboarding trips plus getting sick for a week after have left me with little progress to report...we all gotta take a break right? Ill start by answering a few questions/comments from the top down:

Alexander500...good work, looks like you have a good approach, haha!

origin_s135...I will be probably polishing the valve covers...final touch though!

s13pignose...yes, there will be a cover for the access hole in the firewall, eventually, lol!

LOL @ the photoshop, omgwtfbbq?

96Turbo...awesome, good to see more engineering students here! Im an ME here at UNM, 2 classes left woo!! How far along are you? Do you like ASU?

Dousan_PG...its been named for its intended purpose...it will see tons of track time...10 scheduled local events this year...im hustling to make them in time!

McRussellPants...yeah the firewall is actually illegal for sanctioned events im guessing, but i doubt ill ever get into super competitive racing. My main goal was to build a fun car to take to events local to me or fairly close. In those, my firewall certainly wont hold me back. Also, im pretty certain my rear bars are 100% conforming to scca/fd rules, not that it matters much in my case! Im a long way out from having the financial ability to get a truck and trailer and then trailer my hoopty to events!

burnsauto...it looks a lot more balanced with the intake on there...its position is perfect! That 'tilt' given by nissan gives a lot of room on one side!

PoorMans180SX, Rusker...you guys got it correct! The motor has been moved to account for the weight!

A big thanks goes out to everyone who takes time to read and thanks for all the complements!!

So, a small update then....After hashing and rehashing several things, and examining my initial power goals (low while I get used to the car, etc) the intake will be an adaptation from the stock runners and plenum. The exhaust mani will also be a modded stocker for now. I was going to build my own log-type mani, but the stock is pretty much equivalent to what i had in ming performance-wise. Logs offer the best response at the expense of high-rpm efficiency. Since im not trying to break any hp-records, i find it unnecessary to spend all the time and money at this time to reinvent the wheel. Also, oddly enough the stocky puts the holset in great position after i moved the motor. I a few mods will be done to gain compressor clearance and an external gate will be added. It also will keep the downpipe nice and short. I know several of you were expecting something extreme, but my next iteration of this all next winter is likely to feature a crazier manifold when i try to make more and more power! These two decisions put my car that much further ahead financially and time-wise since the first events are bearing down, and ive still got a lot to do.

So what have I done this week? I sort of fit up my intake and exhaust mani + turbo, and I fabbed up my 'gavmo power brace'. The brace came out well...its not pictured, but its fulled boxed in on the bottom and has a different twist than the nismo, or what other usually try to recreate. Im also pleased to note that the front sway bar clears the motor perfectly with no brackets, unlike other RB mounting kits, so thats a plus! A lot of good assembly has gone on too...the ebrake cables are run, rear brakes assembled, axles bolted up, etc etc. Rear sway + goodies are on the way, as well as a few other things. Here are a few shots of the gavmo brace! Ill get some other shots of the holtset fit to the stock mani soon too I hope!

Gavmo power brace:

Moar

And again

Thanks for looking...ill try to keep it updated a little better now that I wont be out of town every weekend!

Gav
Old 01-18-2008, 09:48 AM   #738
Edgar
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (13)
Edgar is close to perfectionEdgar is close to perfectionEdgar is close to perfectionEdgar is close to perfectionEdgar is close to perfectionEdgar is close to perfectionEdgar is close to perfectionEdgar is close to perfectionEdgar is close to perfectionEdgar is close to perfectionEdgar is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 13 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Edgar
Ok, Clean that engine up LOL

too dirty for your chassis
Old 01-18-2008, 10:20 AM   #739
burnsauto
Post Whore!

burnsauto is close to perfectionburnsauto is close to perfectionburnsauto is close to perfectionburnsauto is close to perfectionburnsauto is close to perfectionburnsauto is close to perfectionburnsauto is close to perfectionburnsauto is close to perfectionburnsauto is close to perfectionburnsauto is close to perfectionburnsauto is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to burnsauto
"gavmo" nice touch.

thanks for the answer...the engine just looked a little shoved over to one side (but that could've been the camera angle).

any idea when you're ganna have a good chunk of time to get some stuff done? i cant wait to see this thing complete.
Old 01-18-2008, 10:29 AM   #740
scottie
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (11)
scottie is just really nicescottie is just really nicescottie is just really nicescottie is just really nicescottie is just really nicescottie is just really nicescottie is just really nicescottie is just really nicescottie is just really nice
Feedback Score: 11 reviews
Gavster,

I've been contemplating going with a full cage in mine. Right now I only have from the B-Pillar back on my S13 but Im really wanting to just finish it out. However, there has been talk on this forum and others that if you go with a Full 6pt and Halo, you should wear a helmet 24/7 in the car. I do not want to do this as I would like to drive it on the street.

So I thought i would ask you opinion of what you are doing with your ride. Is it only going to be a track car or do you plan to drive it to meets/shows etc..?

Scott
scottie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2008, 11:31 AM   #741
Gavster
Zilvia Junkie

Gavster is close to perfectionGavster is close to perfectionGavster is close to perfectionGavster is close to perfectionGavster is close to perfectionGavster is close to perfectionGavster is close to perfectionGavster is close to perfectionGavster is close to perfectionGavster is close to perfectionGavster is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to Gavster
Edgar..yeah yeah i know...Itll get a good cleaning when Im all done fabbin'!

burnsauto...Ill have time pretty much here on out....next weekend Im going to pick up my new DD but thats the only real hickup any time soon! Ill be posting pics of that too, hehe!

scottie...I plan to drive it to and from the track, and around to meets etc here and there...I will pad the cage in the relevant areas to protect my un-helmeted head. I know this is more of a risk, but padding is the best you can do, and hope the idiots dont get you. The padded bar will NOT keep me from enjoying this car on public roads! I say go for it!
Old 01-18-2008, 12:06 PM   #742
K_style
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (63)
K_style is close to perfectionK_style is close to perfectionK_style is close to perfectionK_style is close to perfectionK_style is close to perfectionK_style is close to perfectionK_style is close to perfectionK_style is close to perfectionK_style is close to perfectionK_style is close to perfectionK_style is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 63 reviews
awsome build...

makes me check everyday for progress
K_style is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2008, 04:27 PM   #743
CursedGTR
Zilvia Junkie

CursedGTR is close to perfectionCursedGTR is close to perfectionCursedGTR is close to perfectionCursedGTR is close to perfectionCursedGTR is close to perfectionCursedGTR is close to perfectionCursedGTR is close to perfectionCursedGTR is close to perfectionCursedGTR is close to perfectionCursedGTR is close to perfectionCursedGTR is close to perfection
You do come out with some pretty sick ideas. Keep up the good work.
CursedGTR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2008, 05:57 PM   #744
PoorMans180SX
Zilvia.net Advertiser

Trader Rating: (16)
PoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 16 reviews
Send a message via AIM to PoorMans180SX
I thought you already had a nismo powerbrace?

I don't think it's been asked before, so; Do you plan on having real aero? because that would make it even more ridiculous.

Friends don't let friends buy knock-offs.
PoorMans180SX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2008, 07:48 PM   #745
AutoKA24DE
Zilvia Member

AutoKA24DE is just really niceAutoKA24DE is just really niceAutoKA24DE is just really niceAutoKA24DE is just really niceAutoKA24DE is just really niceAutoKA24DE is just really niceAutoKA24DE is just really niceAutoKA24DE is just really nice
awesome build keep us updated
AutoKA24DE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2008, 08:24 PM   #746
89singlecamnoob
Zilvia Member

89singlecamnoob has much to be proud of89singlecamnoob has much to be proud of89singlecamnoob has much to be proud of89singlecamnoob has much to be proud of89singlecamnoob has much to be proud of89singlecamnoob has much to be proud of89singlecamnoob has much to be proud of89singlecamnoob has much to be proud of89singlecamnoob has much to be proud of89singlecamnoob has much to be proud of89singlecamnoob has much to be proud of
Send a message via AIM to 89singlecamnoob Send a message via Yahoo to 89singlecamnoob
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gavster View Post

scottie...I plan to drive it to and from the track, and around to meets etc here and there...I will pad the cage in the relevant areas to protect my un-helmeted head. I know this is more of a risk, but padding is the best you can do, and hope the idiots dont get you. The padded bar will NOT keep me from enjoying this car on public roads! I say go for it!
i vote rock the helmet 24/7 like the Stig!
Old 01-18-2008, 09:00 PM   #747
bardabe
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (10)
bardabe is close to perfectionbardabe is close to perfectionbardabe is close to perfectionbardabe is close to perfectionbardabe is close to perfectionbardabe is close to perfectionbardabe is close to perfectionbardabe is close to perfectionbardabe is close to perfectionbardabe is close to perfectionbardabe is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
Send a message via AIM to bardabe
Quote:
Originally Posted by 89singlecamnoob View Post
i vote rock the helmet 24/7 like the Stig!
even the stig's GF has a helmet 24/7 have you all seen the last episode of season 10?

Review Thread
bardabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2008, 09:14 PM   #748
SimpleS14
Post Whore!

SimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by bardabe View Post
even the stig's GF has a helmet 24/7 have you all seen the last episode of season 10?
haha I thought that was funny. I can't imagine how it felt swimming in the pool with that helmet on.
Old 02-03-2008, 08:58 PM   #749
jamlanta
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (3)
jamlanta is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
I am beginning to feel like a nuisance because i keep bumping this thread asking for updates? Am I the only one that checks this thread every week? Checked last week, didnt see anything, figured that you were busy working on it. Now it's 2 weeks later and still no updates...I know you must have something to report!
jamlanta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2008, 11:38 PM   #750
mobceo

mobceo is making his/her stupidity well-knownmobceo is making his/her stupidity well-knownmobceo is making his/her stupidity well-known
I Do To !!!!!
mobceo is offline   Reply With Quote