Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > Specific Topics > Off Topic Chat

Off Topic Chat All non related chat goes here.

Closed Thread

Old 07-05-2012, 09:10 AM   #91
woodchuck
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (3)
woodchuck has much to be proud ofwoodchuck has much to be proud ofwoodchuck has much to be proud ofwoodchuck has much to be proud ofwoodchuck has much to be proud ofwoodchuck has much to be proud ofwoodchuck has much to be proud ofwoodchuck has much to be proud ofwoodchuck has much to be proud ofwoodchuck has much to be proud ofwoodchuck has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by az_240 View Post
This is a disgrace Sad to see Nash go....to the fucking Lakers

Can't really blame him though... the Suns are a goddamn nightmare right now.

It's going to be a rough couple years
at this point you just have to happy for nash to be going to a playoff team.
the suns helped him out and nash is some ways helped the suns out with this trade.

looks like i'll be a laker fan for the duration Nash's contract.
Sponsored Links
Old 07-05-2012, 11:33 AM   #92
Gnnr
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (0)
Gnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
I cant believe there are some serious haters up in here who think that Nash didn't want to go to LA.

You are delusional.

And I hate the Lakers, but I'm not ignorant.
Old 07-05-2012, 11:35 AM   #93
BOROSUN
Post Whore!

BOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by revat619 View Post
Umm no. Read the press release. Nash ASKED for this deal. One of his main concerns was that he wanted to be close to his children in addition to wanting to be with a title contender and wanting a 3 year deal. Hence the reason he didn't chase the money else where. Of course he'd want to help his old team cuz he's an old school type player with loyalty, but that wasn't his motivation at all.

"After talking with (owner) Robert (Sarver) and (president of basketball operations) Lon (Babby) we've agreed that it's time for both of us to move in new directions," Nash told ESPN.com. "I approached them and asked if they would be willing to do a sign-and-trade deal with L.A. because it is very important to me to stay near my children and family.

"They were very apprehensive and didn't want to do it. Fortunately for me, they reconsidered. They saw that they were able to get assets for their team that will make them better, assets they would not have otherwise had and it made sense for them to do a deal that helps their team get better."

The knicks are a horrible organization, LA is close to Arizona and is a title contender, and they gave him a decent 3 year deal worth over 25 mil. It was a no brainer.
title contender as much as the 76ers.

what family, he's divorced? his wife gave birth to another brothers baby. while he was smashing young punanies on the eastcoast.
Old 07-05-2012, 12:27 PM   #94
Riq
Zilvia Addict

Riq is an unknown quantity at this point
Looks like NY missed out on yet another big time player and Brolosun is making excuses for the missfire with his moral victory delusions. It's sad but the NYK are officialy the Miami Dolphins of basketball. They make all the wrong moves and have to overpay people to go play for them and even then they missout more than they land them because of the horrible FO's track record. The Knicks look more and more screawed everyday, the Nets are slowly becoming NY's team...

Lets go Nets!!!

In other news, the Clippers gave up on Ray Allen so it's down to the Heat and Celtics. I give the Heat a 80% chance to land him. The only the that can stop it from happening is Failtic Pride....
Old 07-05-2012, 02:11 PM   #95
FRpilot
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (12)
FRpilot has a reputation beyond reputeFRpilot has a reputation beyond reputeFRpilot has a reputation beyond reputeFRpilot has a reputation beyond reputeFRpilot has a reputation beyond reputeFRpilot has a reputation beyond reputeFRpilot has a reputation beyond reputeFRpilot has a reputation beyond reputeFRpilot has a reputation beyond reputeFRpilot has a reputation beyond reputeFRpilot has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 12 reviews
i guess it doesn't even matter if the quotes are coming from Nash himself and it doesn't matter if you are Steve Nash. Your decision and whatever you say is wrong if you disagree. LOL.

Apparently, your children and everyone else related to you who isn't your ex-wife is no longer your family once you are divorced and philadelphia gets thrown into the conversation out of nowhere to make a point.

btw, it's just steve nash. i don't even know if it's worth all this effort to make a fuss over a guy who is going to be 39 heading into this season and 42 by the time he's done? he's going to help a team like the lakers compete, but not a team like toronto, dallas, or new york as currently constructed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ixfxi View Post
remember, people on this forum are STUPID. use your common sense.
Old 07-05-2012, 02:55 PM   #96
Phlip
Yes, I look like that

Trader Rating: (19)
Phlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 19 reviews
It’s funnier that people are flatly denying that LA was where he wanted to be… he was an unrestricted free agent and could have freely gone where in the hell ever he wanted to be. As a loyal person, he did not leave them with nothing in return and for that he should be commended. However, the first part of a sign-and-trade is that the player is in agreement to play for the team he is being traded to. It is as good a s free agent signing in that regard.
The Knicks might have had a chance, but never much of one, apparently

And I write too!
Old 07-05-2012, 03:14 PM   #97
FRpilot
Post Whore!

FRpilot has a reputation beyond reputeFRpilot has a reputation beyond reputeFRpilot has a reputation beyond reputeFRpilot has a reputation beyond reputeFRpilot has a reputation beyond reputeFRpilot has a reputation beyond reputeFRpilot has a reputation beyond reputeFRpilot has a reputation beyond reputeFRpilot has a reputation beyond reputeFRpilot has a reputation beyond reputeFRpilot has a reputation beyond repute
i think the person who really got screwed out of this is Grant Hill. He had suitors, but choose to stay by Nash's side and now Nash is gone.

it will be weird seeing nash in a lakers uniform, but he will help them. way more than fisher or sessions.

Quote:
Old 07-05-2012, 03:18 PM   #98
enkei2k
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: (29)
enkei2k is close to perfectionenkei2k is close to perfectionenkei2k is close to perfectionenkei2k is close to perfectionenkei2k is close to perfectionenkei2k is close to perfectionenkei2k is close to perfectionenkei2k is close to perfectionenkei2k is close to perfectionenkei2k is close to perfectionenkei2k is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 29 reviews
Kidd to NYC? What???

I thought he just agreed to end his career in Dallas...let's see how this plays out.

Source -- Jason Kidd agrees to deal with New York Knicks - ESPN New York

xquizitditz
Old 07-05-2012, 03:36 PM   #99
Riq
Zilvia Addict

List of Delusional Statements:

Dwight Howard wanted to go to NY
CP3 wanted to go to NY not L.A
LBJ wanted to go NY thats why the decision was held so close to NYC
D-Will wanted to go to NY
Steve Nash didn't want to go to L.A, NY was where he wanted to go.
Kids don't count as family, once you're devorced you're Nowhere Man
Phil Jackson was a sure thing to NY
BD is the best PG in the NBA when healthy
The Heat are overrated and the Bricks are better
Melo>LBJ
Mike Woodson is the best choice for the Knicks at coach
Iso Melo works just fine... It did in Denver... Right?... Right?
Melo is a top 3 assist foward
Tyson Chandler deserved Defensive Player of the Year
The fire extinguisher hit Amar'e first, it was self defense
Every Youtube highlight film ever linked by Brolo
The Knicks are better than the Bulls
Everyone is wrong if they don't agree with Brolo, they are also bypolar, retarded, bros that are blind
Now we got Kidd and White who can play defense
Amar'e>Bosh

Last edited by Riq; 07-05-2012 at 04:55 PM..
Old 07-05-2012, 03:45 PM   #100
Gnnr
Post Whore!

Gnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Riq View Post
Delusional:

Dwight Howard wanted to go to NY
CP3 wanted to go to NY not L.A
LBJ wanted to go NY thats why the decision was held so close to NYC
D-Will wanted to go to NY
Phil Jackson was a sure thing to NY
BD is the best PG in the NBA when healthy
The Heat are overrated and the Bricks are better
Melo>LBJ
Mike Woodson is the best choice for the Knicks at coach
Iso Melo works just fine... It did in Denver... Right?... Right?
Melo is a top 3 assist foward
Tyson Chandler deserved Defensive Player of the Year
The fire extinguisher hit Amar'e first, it was self defense
Every Youtube highlight film ever linked by Brolo
The Knicks are better than the Bulls
Everyone is wrong if they don't agree with Brolo, they are also bypolar, retarded, bros that are blind
Old 07-05-2012, 03:59 PM   #101
BOROSUN
Post Whore!

BOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfection
nash was becoming a poison pill. i basically jump off the boat ages ago when sun proposed a sign and trade. meaning he's letting the suns get some benefits. even though, he clearly stated on interviews, he loved to play for nyk.

grundwald is playing the game well and toronto thought they could cockblock.

now we got kidd and white. who can play defense.
Old 07-05-2012, 04:08 PM   #102
FRpilot
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riq View Post
List of Delusional Statements

you should continue adding to that list as time goes by. i didn't know it was that long but it's pretty accurate and I had a good laugh down memory lane reading all those statements said in the past.

EDIT: you should add this

Quote:

Quote:
Old 07-05-2012, 04:09 PM   #103
word sux
Zilvia FREAK!

word sux is an unknown quantity at this point
Kidd to the knicks, did not see that one comming.

looks like Lin is getting a tutor.
Old 07-05-2012, 04:17 PM   #104
tricky_ab
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (23)
tricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 23 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goofs View Post
He knows the Knicks are a lost cause.

Also, he wanted to be close to his children as well.

If I were you I would be pissed that he didn't take the max contract from Toronto.
Yeah I am
Old 07-05-2012, 04:29 PM   #105
FRpilot
Post Whore!

I would be too if I was from Toronto. could have had something exciting to watch since Vince Carter.

Sorry, Chris Bosh wasn't that exciting. Speaking of Chris Bosh, how do you torontians feel about him? I think it was pretty much given that he was leaving so it's not like he led your city on.

Quote:
Old 07-05-2012, 04:45 PM   #106
Riq
Zilvia Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by FRpilot View Post
you should continue adding to that list as time goes by. i didn't know it was that long but it's pretty accurate and I had a good laugh down memory lane reading all those statements said in the past.

EDIT: you should add this
HA adding it as we speak
Old 07-05-2012, 05:57 PM   #107
Phlip
Yes, I look like that

Phlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfection
Aren't BOTH of Jason Kidd's knees surgically repaired?

And I write too!
Old 07-05-2012, 06:08 PM   #108
FRpilot
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phlip View Post
Aren't BOTH of Jason Kidd's knees surgically repaired?
didn't you know new york has a secret Lazarus Pit that they paid Ra's al Ghul a large amount of money for? kidd of 10 years ago was one of the best defensive playmaking point guards of last generation and once new york brings him in he will regain that form. who needs german plasma therapy?

Quote:
Old 07-05-2012, 06:08 PM   #109
tricky_ab
Post Whore!

tricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud of
Quote:
I would be too if I was from Toronto. could have had something exciting to watch since Vince Carter.

Sorry, Chris Bosh wasn't that exciting. Speaking of Chris Bosh, how do you torontians feel about him? I think it was pretty much given that he was leaving so it's not like he led your city on.
Glad you mentioned Vince. He was the last great number one that we had. Bosh was pushed HARD as being a leader of the team for a while, but he was not a number one player and it showed in his gameplay. We didn't have the best team, we fall apart in the forth. It's not like he had the ability to put the team on his back so that we can pull it out.
Old 07-05-2012, 06:26 PM   #110
FRpilot
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tricky_ab View Post
Glad you mentioned Vince. He was the last great number one that we had. Bosh was pushed HARD as being a leader of the team for a while, but he was not a number one player and it showed in his gameplay. We didn't have the best team, we fall apart in the forth. It's not like he had the ability to put the team on his back so that we can pull it out.
yea Vince was amazing back in his day even up to his New Jersey years. I remember him getting his shot at will with handling ability and in the post. Too bad he wasn't motivated to become a better player.

I remember Bosh making some game winning shots and 3 pointers, but he never seemed like the alpha dog type so i guess his lost wasn't as painful. i don't imagine people in canada burned his jersey the way they burned vince' jerseys.

Quote:
Old 07-05-2012, 08:26 PM   #111
Goofs
Zilvia Addict

Goofs is a glorious beacon of lightGoofs is a glorious beacon of lightGoofs is a glorious beacon of lightGoofs is a glorious beacon of lightGoofs is a glorious beacon of lightGoofs is a glorious beacon of lightGoofs is a glorious beacon of lightGoofs is a glorious beacon of lightGoofs is a glorious beacon of lightGoofs is a glorious beacon of lightGoofs is a glorious beacon of light
Quote:
Originally Posted by word sux View Post

looks like Lin is getting a tutor.
Nope, Lin signed with the Rockets.
Old 07-05-2012, 09:40 PM   #112
FRpilot
Post Whore!

Quote:
i was told last year by someone that Dolan will not just let lin go and pay him because he makes him money. let's see if he will match the offer.

Quote:
Old 07-05-2012, 09:55 PM   #113
Gnnr
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BOROSUN View Post
Quote:

lol, oh man and NY continues with another decade of irrelevance.
Old 07-06-2012, 01:33 AM   #114
BarrigaS14
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (1)
BarrigaS14 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by BOROSUN View Post

now we got kidd...who USE can play defense.

Kidd was a good defender long ago. But with PG's faster than him, he struggles to keep up.

And Nash is trying to court Hill to go to the lakers...shall see where he lands.
Old 07-06-2012, 01:43 AM   #115
BOROSUN
Post Whore!

Quote:
Nope, still can counter offer.

-lin's a cash cow will pay itself.
-by the last yr amare will be unloaded. i'm hoping he gets traded.

if they dont match... grundwald maybe has something up his sleeves.
Old 07-06-2012, 02:51 AM   #116
BOROSUN
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BarrigaS14 View Post

Kidd was a good defender long ago. But with PG's faster than him, he struggles to keep up.

And Nash is trying to court Hill to go to the lakers...shall see where he lands.
most likely his mins will be limited by sharing mins. but, he can still defend.
they might looking for another 1/2 guy like foye, since smith and fields are out. makes more sense than just a backup 1. but, any of these guys i'll take in a heart beat...Scott Machado, Aaron Brooks, Ramon Sessions and Kirk Hinrich.
Old 07-06-2012, 04:40 AM   #117
word sux
Zilvia FREAK!

word sux is an unknown quantity at this point
I doubt the knicks would let go of Lin

He puts asses in seats and moves merch, not only that but he brings them the Asian market.
Old 07-06-2012, 06:19 AM   #118
Phlip
Yes, I look like that

Quote:
didn't you know new york has a secret Lazarus Pit that they paid Ra's al Ghul a large amount of money for?
Funniest thing I have read all week...
Even funnier because he had JUST come up in one of the missions on Lego Batman 2 when I came back and read this

And I write too!
Old 07-06-2012, 11:13 AM   #119
tricky_ab
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BarrigaS14 View Post

Ric Bucher confirmed on ESPN Kidd said he chose NY because he viewed more of a role for himself with a better roster around him. He also said he was interested in mentoring Jeremy Lin.

Quote:
"I think I can help," Kidd told ESPN The Magazine's Ric Bucher, adding that he felt the Knicks have more "pieces to work with."

With the Mavericks confident they were closing in Thursday on a verbal agreement on a three-year deal with Kidd worth $9 million, sources told ESPN.com that Kidd -- after all-day deliberations with both teams -- has decided instead to leave Dallas to join the Knicks for a similar deal.

The contract can't be signed until July 11, which is the first day new NBA contracts can be signed. It's also possible, one source said, that Kidd ultimately could move to the Knicks in a sign-and-trade deal.

Sources briefed on the matter told ESPN.com that Kidd ultimately was swayed to take the Knicks' offer to go to New York, and take on the challenge of trying to help the Knicks move into the Eastern Conference elite and mentor fans' darling Jeremy Lin.
Old 07-06-2012, 11:59 AM   #120
fliprayzin240sx
Man w/ CTSV & a Car Seat

fliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to fliprayzin240sx
Jason Kidd and defense, he'll fit right in with the Knicks since they're so defensive minded.

If you think Zilvia has too many assholes...
CLICK HERE!!!
Closed Thread