Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > Specific Topics > Off Topic Chat

Off Topic Chat All non related chat goes here.

Old 12-12-2012, 06:16 PM   #1
blksylv
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (33)
blksylv is not welcome here anymoreblksylv is not welcome here anymoreblksylv is not welcome here anymoreblksylv is not welcome here anymoreblksylv is not welcome here anymoreblksylv is not welcome here anymoreblksylv is not welcome here anymoreblksylv is not welcome here anymoreblksylv is not welcome here anymore
Feedback Score: 33 reviews
Pacific Rim

this looks like it could be good and the computer sounds like GlaDos lol

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2vKz7WnU83E
there is nothing wrong with enjoying the build. however, we sometimes have to remind ourselves that the build is only one part of the puzzle, and that ultimately - enjoying and driving the car is the number one priority.
blksylv is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-12-2012, 09:04 PM   #2
fliprayzin240sx
Man w/ CTSV & a Car Seat

Trader Rating: (19)
fliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 19 reviews
Send a message via AIM to fliprayzin240sx
I hope it doesnt turn into another Battleship...

If you think Zilvia has too many assholes...
CLICK HERE!!!
fliprayzin240sx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 11:14 PM   #3
atom
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (0)
atom is a name known to allatom is a name known to allatom is a name known to allatom is a name known to allatom is a name known to allatom is a name known to allatom is a name known to allatom is a name known to allatom is a name known to allatom is a name known to allatom is a name known to all
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Only reason I'm hype for this movie is because Guillermo del Toro directed it. Pan's Labrynth and Hellboy 2 are awesome.
atom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 07:48 AM   #4
ManoNegra
Guild of Skullduggerous Intent

Trader Rating: (48)
ManoNegra is close to perfectionManoNegra is close to perfectionManoNegra is close to perfectionManoNegra is close to perfectionManoNegra is close to perfectionManoNegra is close to perfectionManoNegra is close to perfectionManoNegra is close to perfectionManoNegra is close to perfectionManoNegra is close to perfectionManoNegra is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 48 reviews
Send a message via Yahoo to ManoNegra
If you don't mind subtitles, his Spanish films are also very good.
Check out The Devil's Backbone if you ever get the chance.
ManoNegra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 10:38 AM   #5
EnemyS15
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (14)
EnemyS15 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 14 reviews
looks pretty tits!
EnemyS15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 01:15 PM   #6
1 88 U
Zilvia Junkie

1 88 U is making his/her stupidity well-known1 88 U is making his/her stupidity well-known1 88 U is making his/her stupidity well-known1 88 U is making his/her stupidity well-known
Edris Elba was the only good thing about Prometheus. I hope he isn't the killed off black guy in this.
1 88 U is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 07:56 PM   #7
simmode1
Post Whore!

simmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfection
Send a message via Yahoo to simmode1
Ok. Show of hands. Who else saw this thread title and immediately thought:

This looks like a video game trailer...lol... like you send the mechs in, they fail and then you call Final Fantasy characters to save the day...
simmode1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 08:07 PM   #8
Corbic
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (8)
Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
Robot Jox!!!!

Corbic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 08:20 PM   #9
simmode1
Post Whore!

simmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfection
^^^Hahaha! Ditto! I thought of that too...

But seriously, I'll probably go see this movie.
Old 12-14-2012, 12:22 PM   #10
brndck
Premium Member

Trader Rating: (130)
brndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 130 reviews
Send a message via AIM to brndck
This thread delivers!!!! Yeah I was thinking of that silver Silvia s13 and when dai yoshihara stuffed it into the wall.

Robotjox rules.

And devils backbone is an awesome flick.

http://outslidersandsmokeproduce.blogspot.com/
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mannykiller View Post
it'll fit JANK.. and no one likes Jank except Broke ass zilvians.
brndck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2012, 12:49 PM   #11
drift freaq
R.I.P. Aya, always love

Trader Rating: (215)
drift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 215 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by brndck View Post
This thread delivers!!!! Yeah I was thinking of that silver Silvia s13 and when dai yoshihara stuffed it into the wall.
I am another who immediately thought the thread was about Pacific Rim ( the company) LOL I was like really I have not heard much about them in the last few years. LOL

New Video
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uebV1OnbRsw
Buy my mounts!
http://zilvia.net/f/sale-items/51531...ns-mounts.html
http://zilvia.net/f/tech-talk/317539...e-mouts-6.html

Last edited by drift freaq; 12-14-2012 at 07:17 PM..
drift freaq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2012, 01:45 PM   #12
EjMalernee
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (3)
EjMalernee is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Yep thought it was the company too. But this movie looks kind good. Idk might be fun.
EjMalernee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2012, 07:21 PM   #13
simmode1
Post Whore!

It just occurred to me... Between this and Hellboy 2, Guillermo del Toro is making a living ripping off anime concepts and introducing them to Western audiences like they're brand new.

If these giant monsters from another dimension turn out to be anything like angels from Evangelion, I'm gonna laugh.
Old 12-15-2012, 09:46 PM   #14
Corbic
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by drift freaq View Post
I am another who immediately thought the thread was about Pacific Rim ( the company) LOL I was like really I have not heard much about them in the last few years. LOL
I thought it would be a WWII Video game.
Old 12-15-2012, 09:51 PM   #15
drift freaq
R.I.P. Aya, always love

Trader Rating: (215)
drift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 215 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Corbic View Post
I thought it would be a WWII Video game.
A more appropriate name for that would have been Pacific Theater or The Pacific. As they referred to the war in Europe as the European theater. They called the war in the Pacific the Pacific theater.
Theaters of war was the terminology used for this.

New Video
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uebV1OnbRsw
Buy my mounts!
http://zilvia.net/f/sale-items/51531...ns-mounts.html
http://zilvia.net/f/tech-talk/317539...e-mouts-6.html
drift freaq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2012, 09:59 PM   #16
Corbic
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by drift freaq View Post
A more appropriate name for that would have been Pacific Theater or The Pacific. As they referred to the war in Europe as the European theater. They called the war in the Pacific the Pacific theater.
Theaters of war was the terminology used for this.
Duh, but it still referes to a location. There are already a dozen + games called Pacific Theater or have that in there title.
Old 12-15-2012, 10:01 PM   #17
Corbic
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by simmode1 View Post
If these giant monsters from another dimension turn out to be anything like angels from Evangelion, I'm gonna laugh.
If he leaves out the whole cry baby Shinji and stupid ending I'm totally cool with that.

Call it revenge for the Japanase motocycle industry.
Old 04-29-2013, 05:19 PM   #18
blksylv
Nissanaholic!

blksylv is not welcome here anymoreblksylv is not welcome here anymoreblksylv is not welcome here anymoreblksylv is not welcome here anymoreblksylv is not welcome here anymoreblksylv is not welcome here anymoreblksylv is not welcome here anymoreblksylv is not welcome here anymoreblksylv is not welcome here anymore
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zA92Rw6kNWw
there is nothing wrong with enjoying the build. however, we sometimes have to remind ourselves that the build is only one part of the puzzle, and that ultimately - enjoying and driving the car is the number one priority.
Old 04-29-2013, 06:26 PM   #19
simmode1
Post Whore!

I'd been wondering when a 2nd trailer was gonna drop for this movie! Definitely near the top of my must see summer movies this year.

All the torso concealed weapons reminded me of my favorite Gundam... Heavy arms!
Old 04-30-2013, 12:36 AM   #20
innovation
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (3)
innovation is just really niceinnovation is just really niceinnovation is just really niceinnovation is just really niceinnovation is just really niceinnovation is just really niceinnovation is just really niceinnovation is just really niceinnovation is just really niceinnovation is just really nice
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
No one is seeing this as a Neon Genesis Evangelion ?! Its basically the same premise. Wouldnt be suprised if thats what it is based on
innovation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 07:25 AM   #21
simmode1
Post Whore!

^^^I mentioned that already.
Old 04-30-2013, 10:30 AM   #22
EnemyS15
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (14)
EnemyS15 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 14 reviews
This is one of those movies where you go in, shut off your brain, and drool. It's big robots vs big monsters. If you are going into this expecting an academy award-winning film, you are going to be severely disappointed.

It's like the expendables, ninja assassin, predators, etc. Walk in, shut brain off, eat high priced popcorn, and enjoy.
EnemyS15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 01:18 PM   #23
EvilRB
Zilvia FREAK!

EvilRB has a reputation beyond reputeEvilRB has a reputation beyond reputeEvilRB has a reputation beyond reputeEvilRB has a reputation beyond reputeEvilRB has a reputation beyond reputeEvilRB has a reputation beyond reputeEvilRB has a reputation beyond reputeEvilRB has a reputation beyond reputeEvilRB has a reputation beyond reputeEvilRB has a reputation beyond reputeEvilRB has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to EvilRB Send a message via MSN to EvilRB
You know there are enough fabricators with enough spare parts that we should just get together and start building one already...
Old 04-30-2013, 08:08 PM   #24
BOROSUN
Post Whore!

BOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by innovation View Post
No one is seeing this as a Neon Genesis Evangelion ?! Its basically the same premise. Wouldnt be suprised if thats what it is based on
nah, this feels like those 70's mecha anime.

voltes V was the best.
BOROSUN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 08:10 PM   #25
fliprayzin240sx
Man w/ CTSV & a Car Seat

fliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to fliprayzin240sx
I just hope its not as retarded as Battleship...that movie is probably on the top of the dumbest movie I've seen on a while.

If you think Zilvia has too many assholes...
CLICK HERE!!!
fliprayzin240sx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2013, 01:24 PM   #26
blksylv
Nissanaholic!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5guMumPFBag
Old 05-17-2013, 02:26 AM   #27
simmode1
Post Whore!

God... I don't think I can get anymore excited for this movie. That trailer was amazing
Old 05-17-2013, 08:45 AM   #28
uraznfriend
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (6)
uraznfriend is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
this is gonna be considered an animated film right? there seems to be much more CGI than anything else in this movie
Old 05-17-2013, 09:24 AM   #29
simmode1
Post Whore!

^^^Seriously, who the fuck cares, man? How else you gonna make a movie about giant robots vs giant monsters? Would you rather see actors in rubber suits or some stop-motion puppet shit?

Movie ideas like this are the reason this technology exists. Even if the movie sucks, a lot of ppl certainly put a ton of work into making it look good, so that is alright by me.
Old 05-19-2013, 04:46 PM   #30
Kaifd3s
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (16)
Kaifd3s is on the path to ruinKaifd3s is on the path to ruin
Feedback Score: 16 reviews
Keeps reminding me of Cloverfield.

I can not wait for this movie.