Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > Specific Topics > Off Topic Chat

Off Topic Chat All non related chat goes here.

Old 07-12-2013, 04:28 PM   #61
Corbic
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (8)
Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by theronin View Post
Going to see it at 8:40 tonight. I'm so pumped! !!
Same! ! Just haven't decided if im getting blitzed beforehand.
Corbic is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-12-2013, 09:39 PM   #62
S14DB
AFC #1

Trader Rating: (3)
S14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Corbic View Post
Same! ! Just haven't decided if im getting blitzed beforehand.
Jaegerbombs?
Old 07-12-2013, 10:09 PM   #63
Corbic
Post Whore!

Movie is fucking awesome!!

Oh yeah, there where boobies... well not really, but sorta... but girls...

Old 07-13-2013, 12:10 AM   #64
theronin
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (0)
theronin is close to perfectiontheronin is close to perfectiontheronin is close to perfectiontheronin is close to perfectiontheronin is close to perfectiontheronin is close to perfectiontheronin is close to perfectiontheronin is close to perfectiontheronin is close to perfectiontheronin is close to perfectiontheronin is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Send a message via AIM to theronin
Movie of the year. People around my friends and I were getting annoyed cause we were cheering so much at all the epic parts. We were getting annoyed that they weren't. Exactly what I expected and I loved every minute of it.

It just screams, "Hey, I'm a fucking Christmas Tree. What are you gonna do about it?"
theronin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2013, 09:07 AM   #65
EnemyS15
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (14)
EnemyS15 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 14 reviews
Quote:
Movie is fucking awesome!!

Oh yeah, there where boobies... well not really, but sorta... but girls...
I dunno why I had you pegged as someone who wouldn't have enjoyed the movie.

Now that you watched the movie, Favorite Jaeger and Favorite Kaju (sp)?
EnemyS15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2013, 11:35 AM   #66
S14DB
AFC #1

S14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfection
To early for spoilers? Watch the credits...
Old 07-13-2013, 06:32 PM   #67
bigs
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (6)
bigs is a glorious beacon of lightbigs is a glorious beacon of lightbigs is a glorious beacon of lightbigs is a glorious beacon of lightbigs is a glorious beacon of lightbigs is a glorious beacon of lightbigs is a glorious beacon of lightbigs is a glorious beacon of lightbigs is a glorious beacon of lightbigs is a glorious beacon of lightbigs is a glorious beacon of light
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
Just saw this today. It was so cheesy haha. The CGI and action scenes were awesome, but the movie as a whole was not that great.
bigs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2013, 10:10 PM   #68
Corbic
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by S14DB View Post
To early for spoilers? Watch the credits...
By Monday night we should be good.
Old 07-13-2013, 10:28 PM   #69
fliprayzin240sx
Man w/ CTSV & a Car Seat

Trader Rating: (19)
fliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 19 reviews
Send a message via AIM to fliprayzin240sx
I just got home from it, there was more after the credits? I left half way thru it thinking there werent anything in the end...

I watched it in IMAX and I think tonite was the first time I've watched a movie in IMAX and felt almost ovewhelmed by the whole experience. Needless to say I liked it. The story wasnt great but who cares, you went in to see giant robots kill monsters.

If you think Zilvia has too many assholes...
CLICK HERE!!!
fliprayzin240sx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2013, 11:56 AM   #70
simmode1
Post Whore!

simmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfection
Send a message via Yahoo to simmode1
^^^There was a scene mid-way into the credits. Didn't really make a big difference in the storyline or imply a sequel though. If you missed it, no big deal, IMO.

I did enjoy the movie, but for some reason, not as much as I thought I would. The story stayed light and avoided being a direct Eva ripoff but didn't forge any new ground in the genre. That's alright though. I do wish I got a chance to see a little more of the other Jeagers in action though. And I found myself annoyed at the Jeagers piss poor visual capabilities. All this $ dumped into these machines and effectually the only way pilot can see their opponent is by looking out the main window/viewport and some HID floodlights?!? I guess Eva and Gundam 360 view cockpits got me spoiled...

Spoiler: Couldn't help thinking to myself though "Man, if they watched Attack On Titan they should have known that wall wasn't gonna work for shit...". lol. Whose fucking dumb idea was that?!?
simmode1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2013, 12:34 PM   #71
theronin
Post Whore!

theronin is close to perfectiontheronin is close to perfectiontheronin is close to perfectiontheronin is close to perfectiontheronin is close to perfectiontheronin is close to perfectiontheronin is close to perfectiontheronin is close to perfectiontheronin is close to perfectiontheronin is close to perfectiontheronin is close to perfection
SPOILERS!!!

***spoiler***

The Russian and Japanese jagers were a huuugggge disappointment. Both of them basically got rocked by one Kaiju.
As much as you don't want to overanalyze things, my boys and I still had a huge facepalm moment. You mean to tell me you have been fighting huge fleshy monsters for a while now and you just NOW use your sword? AND YOU HAD 2 OF THEM!?!?! What the fucking fuck.

It just screams, "Hey, I'm a fucking Christmas Tree. What are you gonna do about it?"
Old 07-14-2013, 02:38 PM   #72
Moy12
Zilvia Junkie

Moy12 is an unknown quantity at this point
EPIC!
That is all.
Moy12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2013, 06:29 PM   #73
simmode1
Post Whore!

simmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfection
Quote:
SPOILERS!!!

***spoiler***

The Russian and Japanese jagers were a huuugggge disappointment. Both of them basically got rocked by one Kaiju.
As much as you don't want to overanalyze things, my boys and I still had a huge facepalm moment. You mean to tell me you have been fighting huge fleshy monsters for a while now and you just NOW use your sword? AND YOU HAD 2 OF THEM!?!?! What the fucking fuck.
Lol! I was thinking that too, but then I realized they probably didn't have that before. That fight was the first time GD had sortied since it had been rebuilt & modified.

I has tripping on how long it took to charge that plasma cannon & then they just went into semi-automatic mode with it... Dafuq?
Old 07-14-2013, 06:56 PM   #74
theronin
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by simmode1 View Post
Lol! I was thinking that too, but then I realized they probably didn't have that before. That fight was the first time GD had sortied since it had been rebuilt & modified.

I has tripping on how long it took to charge that plasma cannon & then they just went into semi-automatic mode with it... Dafuq?
Completely agree. These are just nit pics. I will see it again in theatres and I will be buying it first day of release. I strongly recommend this to everyone I talk to.

Old 07-14-2013, 06:59 PM   #75
fliprayzin240sx
Man w/ CTSV & a Car Seat

fliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to fliprayzin240sx
Well, didnt they say the Russian one was a one of the oldest jaeger? That jaeger reminded me of Zangief, no fancy shit, just straight brute power.

If you think Zilvia has too many assholes...
CLICK HERE!!!
fliprayzin240sx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2013, 07:27 PM   #76
Corbic
Post Whore!

*SPOILERS*

Corbic's Re-Write of Excellence.

A. The wall was being built not because Jaegers were being destroyed but because the monsters had stopped coming after that giant class 3 that killed "Jack's" brother. Everyone felt the threat was over. Jeagers cost BILLIONS a year to maintain and England, Brazil and Germany have been kicking ass economically because they did not need to contribute to the Pacific Rim Defense initiative.

The wall would in the long run be cheaper and slow any attack down long enough for normal warfare to kill the creature and to have everyone evacuate. Mean while, two nut jobs in the scientific community kept insisting it was not over. One (the gimp) because of logarithmic math stating that what was really coming was a wave of larger creatures based on portal harmonics or some made up shit.

The other, Charlie, believed the creatures to be of intelligent origins and the first batch was a test wave to recon. Once the Jeagers came, they stopped sending creatures because they were working on improvements.

B. Marshals plan required 3 Jeagers. Once the wall was defeated he persuades everyone to give him the remaining Jeagers to make a last ditch effort to stop the portal. He has 4 running units and gathers the best crews, including Jacks.

When the double creatures attack - this is how it goes down.

China is doing good. It actually has 4 arms. 2 pilots control and arm and a leg each, the third an additional set of 2 arms. Think Ashura Templar from Five Star Stories. It has some serious crazy hidden arms that come out from the shoulder pads. Their designed to grab the enemy so you can hack it up.

This is where Charlie's ideas start to sound real - as the creature China is fighting adapted to this special attack (like the A-Toll in FSS) and counters it. China is up shits creek. Meanwhile Russian is in Trouble. Australia goes to help Russia and just as they are getting the upper hand, China goes down freeing the second monster.

The monster sucker punches Australia from behind, doing massive damage. Just then the fat monster does it's EMP deal. Australia goes down - Russia being a MKI does not, but Russia is no match. It's soooo slow, all they can do is try and defend Australia. So Jacks and Mako head out.

They kill the two monsters, but when Gypsy falls, it sustains MASSIVE damage, a rod even stabs Mako in the side.

Everyone is now at base. Gypsy is tore the fuck up. Aussie is fucked up. Mako is wounded and Aussie Dad is dying from his wounds. You have your touching scene with "you don't have to say it dad, I already know from the drift" and the dad dies.

Mako will make it but she can't pilot. They HAVE TO HAVE 3 JEAGERS.

Then someone says - wasn't Prototype Unit 00 just put on display in Tokyo?! No-shit go get it!

Once again, paying homage to Gundam Wing and Zechs/Tallgeese as well as Eva with the name. Unit 00 is all white, but wait, WTF - it's uses only 1 pilot.

Enter Marshals dying story. He was the first to fight a Monster and save Tokyo. He saves Mako. But back then the US thought they could use computers to buffer the drift interface - no one ever knew who the original test pilots of Units 00 to 03 where, because all but one had died from brain cancer/hemorrhages, many shortly after combat.

Meanwhile, Russia, who is too god damn slow gets upgraded with parts from the stupid fast Chinese unit. Aussie and Gypsy get combined into a super unit - once again, a Gundam theme where mid-season all the original mobile suits get destroyed so the kids can buy new toys.

So we now have somewhat better Russia, and Super Gypsy as well as Unit 00. Jack and Aussie kid are force to put their difference aside and save the world - and become the super pilots.

On the sea floor shit goes bad. Marshal is having heath problems, Jack and Aussie just can't sink up - and Russia is frustrated. When the giant class 5 shows up, Russia is trying to fight it - but realizing it's futile, they detonate their reactor. Without 3 units, and the payload being damage - it's now a suicide run into the portal with the bomb - just as they are about to enter - Aussie kid ejects Jacks with a smug statement - "you're not about to upstage me old man, I'm saving the world - take care of Mako..."

He goes on to blow up the alien world - and die.

Marshal makes it to the surface to see Mako and Jacks... he's dying, and goes "did we get them" and Jacks says "yeah, we got them". Marshal dies, Mako cries in Jacks arms... zoom out for some serious Bro-age awesome panorama scene... "yeah, we got them".

Roll Credits.
Old 07-14-2013, 07:36 PM   #77
theronin
Post Whore!

Lol Corbic, I think I love you man. Woulda been fun to go see this with ya.

Old 07-14-2013, 07:37 PM   #78
Corbic
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by fliprayzin240sx View Post
Well, didnt they say the Russian one was a one of the oldest jaeger? That jaeger reminded me of Zangief, no fancy shit, just straight brute power.
I knew that both of them where screwed from the beginning. I also didn't like the "russians".

I would have had someone more like this guy (Red Scorpion) as the male Russian.

For the girl - something like this with an Eye-Patch.

You get my drift

They could have had some awesome one liners - like the russian tears the monster off Aussi "don't worry lil brother, Yuri's got your back" or "I'll smash you beasts like the tanks at kursk"
Old 07-14-2013, 09:10 PM   #79
simmode1
Post Whore!

Goddammit Corbic, that is sooo much fucking better than the movie's storyline!
Old 07-14-2013, 09:46 PM   #80
Corbic
Post Whore!

Quote:
. All this $ dumped into these machines and effectually the only way pilot can see their opponent is by looking out the main window/viewport and some HID floodlights?!? I guess Eva and Gundam 360 view cockpits got me spoiled...

Combat was right out of Robo JoX

You move your body and stare out the cockpit window -

Really, for me, the whole "sync-drift" thing only makes sense if you are completely controlling the machine with your mind. That would be more akin to Five Star Stories, Evangellion, Ghost in the Shell, Zone of the Enders and Robotech/Marcross.

FSS uses the "three pilot" concept. A Male pilot, a female Fitma and the Mortarhead (mecha) it's self has its own "essence". The Fitma basically acts as the conduit between the pilot and the machine.

Big O and the other Megadeus used glass cockpits as well, however they also used levers and hand controls. Big O was supposed to be a very 1930's style Mecha.

The "hammer punches" from Russia was a Big O trick, and I believe the "Rocket Punch" was actually either in Robo Jox or G Gundam.
Old 07-14-2013, 09:54 PM   #81
Corbic
Post Whore!

God Damn it. We need a Macross movie.

Could you image how awesome this could be with the level of effects they have today.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v-90zCZtH9U

Or what about the greatest PS2 game evar.

http://youtu.be/ctlefthn6H8&fs=1" width="644" height="390">http://youtu.be/ctlefthn6H8&fs=1" />http://youtu.be/ctlefthn6H8">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=http://youtu.be/ctlefthn6H8
Old 07-14-2013, 10:10 PM   #82
simmode1
Post Whore!

Quote:
Really, for me, the whole "sync-drift" thing only makes sense if you are completely controlling the machine with your mind. That would be more akin to Five Star Stories, Evangellion, Ghost in the Shell, Zone of the Enders and Robotech/Marcross.
Yeah, it REALLY annoyed me that there was a Kaiju within reach right off the port side, but their blindspot was so huge they couldn't see a 200 ft creature circling them. Damn, was their radar not worth a shit either? You gotta get positioning relayed from the base?!? Come the fuck on, man!!!

They could at least equip them with nightvision or thermal imagining for their underwater battles or some shit, right?
Old 07-14-2013, 10:26 PM   #83
Corbic
Post Whore!

Quote:
Yeah, it REALLY annoyed me that there was a Kaiju within reach right off the port side, but their blindspot was so huge they couldn't see a 200 ft creature circling them. Damn, was their radar not worth a shit either? You gotta get positioning relayed from the base?!? Come the fuck on, man!!!

They could at least equip them with nightvision or thermal imagining for their underwater battles or some shit, right?
....sonar

Lol
Old 07-14-2013, 10:30 PM   #84
OutlawLui
Zilvia FREAK!

OutlawLui is a well-known jackass
movie was great!

i'm going to go see it again in 3D
Old 07-15-2013, 04:39 AM   #85
cgtdream
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (4)
cgtdream has a reputation beyond reputecgtdream has a reputation beyond reputecgtdream has a reputation beyond reputecgtdream has a reputation beyond reputecgtdream has a reputation beyond reputecgtdream has a reputation beyond reputecgtdream has a reputation beyond reputecgtdream has a reputation beyond reputecgtdream has a reputation beyond reputecgtdream has a reputation beyond reputecgtdream has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Quote:
God Damn it. We need a Macross movie.

Could you image how awesome this could be with the level of effects they have today.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v-90zCZtH9U

Or what about the greatest PS2 game evar.

Zone of the Enders 2 (Trailer) - YouTube&fs=1" width="644" height="390">Zone of the Enders 2 (Trailer) - YouTube&fs=1" />Zone of the Enders 2 (Trailer) - YouTube">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zone of the Enders 2 (Trailer) - YouTube
The crazy part is that this director was suppose to direct the Macross movie that was in plans for 5 years...But because nobody could determine who would get the money, the project was abandoned and this was born instead....
Old 07-15-2013, 07:44 AM   #86
simmode1
Post Whore!

Oh and BTW... How many ppl spotted the FD RX7 & 3000GT in the movie? Didn't see any 240's though unfortunately.
Old 07-15-2013, 08:18 AM   #87
theronin
Post Whore!

Quote:
Oh and BTW... How many ppl spotted the FD RX7 & 3000GT in the movie? Didn't see any 240's though unfortunately.
I saw the Rx, no 3000 tho

Old 07-15-2013, 04:43 PM   #88
Blurryeyes
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (1)
Blurryeyes has a spectacular aura aboutBlurryeyes has a spectacular aura aboutBlurryeyes has a spectacular aura aboutBlurryeyes has a spectacular aura aboutBlurryeyes has a spectacular aura aboutBlurryeyes has a spectacular aura about
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Quote:
I saw the Rx, no 3000 tho
I saw the FD as well, right behind crying chibi mako but not the 3000
Old 07-15-2013, 04:48 PM   #89
K_style
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (63)
K_style is close to perfectionK_style is close to perfectionK_style is close to perfectionK_style is close to perfectionK_style is close to perfectionK_style is close to perfectionK_style is close to perfectionK_style is close to perfectionK_style is close to perfectionK_style is close to perfectionK_style is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 63 reviews
Just watched it yesterday. I'd give 7.8 or 8 out of 10. Liked it overall. but not as I expected Awesome.

And of course, i spotted FD and 3000.
K_style is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2013, 12:05 AM   #90
Flip2Flow
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (1)
Flip2Flow is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
My friends laughed at me when I pointed out the FD haha

Pretty decent movie overall
Flip2Flow is offline   Reply With Quote