Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat

Chat General Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 03-14-2012, 07:49 PM   #1831
spray2020
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (1)
spray2020 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
why not just get a oem silvia/eastbear front lip (same thing) for the non aero bumper?

...What it is supposed to come with!
spray2020 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-15-2012, 01:31 AM   #1832
holslut s13
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (10)
holslut s13 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by axiomatik View Post
@ axiomatik, are those the drag reps in 17x9? Could you post a few more pictures, and also from the rear too. Thanks!
holslut s13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2012, 10:31 AM   #1833
deolio
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (13)
deolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 13 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by holslut s13 View Post
@ axiomatik, are those the drag reps in 17x9
no, they're real. iirc.
Old 03-15-2012, 12:30 PM   #1834
Wake
Premium Member

Trader Rating: (8)
Wake has much to be proud ofWake has much to be proud ofWake has much to be proud ofWake has much to be proud ofWake has much to be proud ofWake has much to be proud ofWake has much to be proud ofWake has much to be proud ofWake has much to be proud ofWake has much to be proud ofWake has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Wake Send a message via Yahoo to Wake
I have never seen a ITR lip on a non aero bumper, whoever is talking about that shit is funny in the head.
S.P.P.S. Member #00
**CoUpe LOve** Member #00
Wake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2012, 01:55 PM   #1835
axiomatik
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (0)
axiomatik is close to perfectionaxiomatik is close to perfectionaxiomatik is close to perfectionaxiomatik is close to perfectionaxiomatik is close to perfectionaxiomatik is close to perfectionaxiomatik is close to perfectionaxiomatik is close to perfectionaxiomatik is close to perfectionaxiomatik is close to perfectionaxiomatik is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by holslut s13 View Post
@ axiomatik, are those the drag reps in 17x9? Could you post a few more pictures, and also from the rear too. Thanks!
No, they are real CR Kais. 17x9 +17 245/40 all around. Don't really have any good pictures from behind, but this is what I had in my photobucket:

old pic, before I adjusted my suspension:
Old 03-15-2012, 03:54 PM   #1836
gearhead55
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (4)
gearhead55 is a glorious beacon of lightgearhead55 is a glorious beacon of lightgearhead55 is a glorious beacon of lightgearhead55 is a glorious beacon of lightgearhead55 is a glorious beacon of lightgearhead55 is a glorious beacon of lightgearhead55 is a glorious beacon of lightgearhead55 is a glorious beacon of lightgearhead55 is a glorious beacon of lightgearhead55 is a glorious beacon of lightgearhead55 is a glorious beacon of light
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarom_ps13 View Post
I been reading somthing about ITR lips on non aero bumpers, but i doubt they would fit. i'm curious as well, maybe cut the ends shorter?
yea, It seems like you would have to cuts the ends a little shorter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by spray2020 View Post
why not just get a oem silvia/eastbear front lip (same thing) for the non aero bumper?

...What it is supposed to come with!
cause that thing sticks out too much (IIRC). The ITR lip is more subtle but visually lowers the front end a bit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WakeBHR View Post
I have never seen a ITR lip on a non aero bumper, whoever is talking about that shit is funny in the head.
Whats funny about it? I would prefer aero bumper but the prices are getting ridiculous. Just wondering how this would look as a cheaper, temporary alternative.
gearhead55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2012, 05:08 PM   #1837
Ynot!

Ynot! is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by KansaiKurisu View Post
I saw this car at gymkhana the other day, had to get a photo. Its one of the best kitted two tones ive seen.

-hope the owner doesnt mind-
If anyone wants more details the can check out the owners blog
NomNomTurtleBrains
Old 03-15-2012, 08:03 PM   #1838
spray2020
Zilvia Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by gearhead55 View Post
cause that thing sticks out too much (IIRC). The ITR lip is more subtle but visually lowers the front end a bit.
dude its a factory made lip, not origin or vertex haha

Eastbear makes the same factory lip, just made in frp

Old 03-15-2012, 08:16 PM   #1839
gearhead55
Zilvia FREAK!

gearhead55 is a glorious beacon of lightgearhead55 is a glorious beacon of lightgearhead55 is a glorious beacon of lightgearhead55 is a glorious beacon of lightgearhead55 is a glorious beacon of lightgearhead55 is a glorious beacon of lightgearhead55 is a glorious beacon of lightgearhead55 is a glorious beacon of lightgearhead55 is a glorious beacon of lightgearhead55 is a glorious beacon of lightgearhead55 is a glorious beacon of light
So? It still sticks out too much.
Old 03-15-2012, 08:22 PM   #1840
spray2020
Zilvia Member

I think its the perfect shape, considering that the oem bumper angles inwards, the opposite angle of the lip complements the bumper- but yes, to each his own.

At least it's better than a pignose lip on a standard bumper, which always sags in the middle.
Old 03-15-2012, 08:30 PM   #1841
gearhead55
Zilvia FREAK!

I agree. I don't like pig lips on regular bumpers. I just would like to see an ITR lip on a regular bumper. I'm just interested.
Old 03-15-2012, 08:44 PM   #1842
spray2020
Zilvia Member

^ I think you could fit it- but the ends will stick out I bet on a non aero bar. The aero bar isn't angled so the distance from the front of the bumper to the back is about equal to a dc2 jdm bumper. But with the standard bar I think you would need to cut and plastic weld the wheel well mount pieces back on. On the s13 silvia optional lip, it has metal tabs that are riveted to the lip, and has a 8mm hole that a bolt goes through and bolts to the fender. You could do the same with the itr lip.
Old 03-15-2012, 10:25 PM   #1843
soundbwoy

soundbwoy is an unknown quantity at this point
^^^ that grey stylish silvia is sick. i am looking for a kit for my white / gold but i think some aero looks wack on 2 tone. i'm thinking chargespeed or g corp but i dunno if it will work as good as that origin business. what do u guys think?
soundbwoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2012, 02:34 AM   #1844
KansaiKurisu
Leaky Injector

KansaiKurisu is an unknown quantity at this point
Does anybody know how i could get my rear camber back to 0 degrees without lifting the car back up?
When i lowered it i got a couple degrees negative camber. I've heard of RUCAs but i cant find out if they only add negative camber? I think i need to add ~posative~ camber just to get it back to 0 degrees.

Remember gents, Flush not Hellaflush, No camber for me.

KansaiKurisu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2012, 10:52 AM   #1845
gearhead55
Zilvia FREAK!

Quote:
Originally Posted by spray2020 View Post
^ I think you could fit it- but the ends will stick out I bet on a non aero bar. The aero bar isn't angled so the distance from the front of the bumper to the back is about equal to a dc2 jdm bumper. But with the standard bar I think you would need to cut and plastic weld the wheel well mount pieces back on. On the s13 silvia optional lip, it has metal tabs that are riveted to the lip, and has a 8mm hole that a bolt goes through and bolts to the fender. You could do the same with the itr lip.
yea thats what I was thinking. I guess I just might have to be the first to try it. Also I like that you Aussies say 'bar' instead of bumper.

Quote:
Does anybody know how i could get my rear camber back to 0 degrees without lifting the car back up?
When i lowered it i got a couple degrees negative camber. I've heard of RUCAs but i cant find out if they only add negative camber? I think i need to add ~posative~ camber just to get it back to 0 degrees.

Remember gents, Flush not Hellaflush, No camber for me.
dude are you serious. Why would rucas only be adjustable in one direction? Plus, why would you want 0 degrees of neg camber? To maximize the contact patch when cornering you need to dial in some negative camber.
Old 03-16-2012, 10:58 AM   #1846
KendallH
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (3)
KendallH has made poor choicesKendallH has made poor choicesKendallH has made poor choicesKendallH has made poor choicesKendallH has made poor choicesKendallH has made poor choices
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Looks like my two-tone will be sold tomorrow night we never even got to know each other. All my things are packed for the move to the Kouki S14 thread.
KendallH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2012, 11:49 AM   #1847
gearhead55
Zilvia FREAK!

/\/\/\ traitor.
Old 03-16-2012, 12:04 PM   #1848
holslut s13
Zilvia Member

holslut s13 is an unknown quantity at this point
Thank you, I like the setup and once I go 5 lug Im going to run those wheels, but in white.
holslut s13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2012, 12:55 PM   #1849
mxracerjason
Zilvia Member

mxracerjason has a spectacular aura aboutmxracerjason has a spectacular aura aboutmxracerjason has a spectacular aura aboutmxracerjason has a spectacular aura aboutmxracerjason has a spectacular aura aboutmxracerjason has a spectacular aura aboutmxracerjason has a spectacular aura about
[QUOTE=KansaiKurisu;4581261]Does anybody know how i could get my rear camber back to 0 degrees without lifting the car back up?

Kazama, Tanabe, or SPL adjustable rear arms
mxracerjason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2012, 01:35 PM   #1850
!Zar!
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (27)
!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 27 reviews
Kazama links suck.

SPL, PBM, or Battle Version is all i would run/suggest.

Adjustable links can make a car go extreme positive/negative. So pretty much they will do whatever you want.
Old 03-16-2012, 01:39 PM   #1851
singlecamslam
Post Whore!

singlecamslam is not welcome here anymoresinglecamslam is not welcome here anymoresinglecamslam is not welcome here anymoresinglecamslam is not welcome here anymoresinglecamslam is not welcome here anymoresinglecamslam is not welcome here anymoresinglecamslam is not welcome here anymoresinglecamslam is not welcome here anymoresinglecamslam is not welcome here anymoresinglecamslam is not welcome here anymoresinglecamslam is not welcome here anymore
Less talking more two tones?
Old 03-16-2012, 02:55 PM   #1852
KansaiKurisu
Leaky Injector

Cool, thanks for the help guys. Does it really matter what brand i buy? Money is hard to come by with me and i dont plan to race in this car. Or should i just save up and get them imported.
and an old picture.
Old 03-16-2012, 09:50 PM   #1853
gbaby2089
Zilvia Addict

gbaby2089 is close to perfectiongbaby2089 is close to perfectiongbaby2089 is close to perfectiongbaby2089 is close to perfectiongbaby2089 is close to perfectiongbaby2089 is close to perfectiongbaby2089 is close to perfectiongbaby2089 is close to perfectiongbaby2089 is close to perfectiongbaby2089 is close to perfectiongbaby2089 is close to perfection
Wait, so why do you want 0 camber? To ruin the handling or what? Even stock cars don't have zero camber.
gbaby2089 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2012, 10:59 PM   #1854
KansaiKurisu
Leaky Injector

Quote:
Originally Posted by gbaby2089 View Post
Wait, so why do you want 0 camber? To ruin the handling or what? Even stock cars don't have zero camber.
lol yeah i fail, i mean i want to get it back to its original camber, the extra degrees of neg camber is driving me mad for some reason. also want to get it done to know whether it needs spacers to make it flush or not. When i fitted the wheels for the first time, i think i saw that the wheels were flush with the arches, then when i lowerd it they went heaps in. needs fix.
Old 03-18-2012, 10:12 AM   #1855
gearhead55
Zilvia FREAK!

I have battle version. They work.
Old 03-18-2012, 10:09 PM   #1856
GoToast
Leaky Injector

GoToast is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to GoToast
Quote:
lol yeah i fail, i mean i want to get it back to its original camber, the extra degrees of neg camber is driving me mad for some reason. also want to get it done to know whether it needs spacers to make it flush or not. When i fitted the wheels for the first time, i think i saw that the wheels were flush with the arches, then when i lowerd it they went heaps in. needs fix.
Needs spacer. No fix. :P
GoToast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2012, 11:12 PM   #1857
KansaiKurisu
Leaky Injector

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoToast View Post
Needs spacer. No fix. :P
I have a thing against over-wide spacers. I think they're a lie and i can't see myself running anything over 20mm if i can fix camber first.
Old 03-19-2012, 01:53 AM   #1858
Newtypex
Zilvia Member

Newtypex is an unknown quantity at this point
Spacers make up for the fact that you bought the wrong size wheels.
Newtypex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2012, 02:47 AM   #1859
KansaiKurisu
Leaky Injector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Newtypex View Post
Spacers make up for the fact that you bought the wrong size wheels.
except, i didnt. Remember what i said like two posts ago? about my wheels being perfectly flush with my fenders?
Old 03-19-2012, 11:09 AM   #1860
axiomatik
Post Whore!

axiomatik is close to perfectionaxiomatik is close to perfectionaxiomatik is close to perfectionaxiomatik is close to perfectionaxiomatik is close to perfectionaxiomatik is close to perfectionaxiomatik is close to perfectionaxiomatik is close to perfectionaxiomatik is close to perfectionaxiomatik is close to perfectionaxiomatik is close to perfection
You will need toe arms to go with the RUCAs. Adding positive camber with RUCAs (to make it less negative) will make your rear go toe-out and get real squirrely and wear down your tires quickly.