Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat

Chat General Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 09-13-2011, 03:10 PM   #1291
Wake
Premium Member

Trader Rating: (8)
Wake has much to be proud ofWake has much to be proud ofWake has much to be proud ofWake has much to be proud ofWake has much to be proud ofWake has much to be proud ofWake has much to be proud ofWake has much to be proud ofWake has much to be proud ofWake has much to be proud ofWake has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Wake Send a message via Yahoo to Wake
I took too long, thanks Soreballz

Quote:
Originally Posted by tek18b_jimmy View Post
@username- what all the lavander frost colors i see are not as light as yours, is it custom?
There is no lavender frost 2tone.
His is misty blue/gray. The purple ones you have seen are photo shopped or custom.

besides lavender frost looks like this.
S.P.P.S. Member #00
**CoUpe LOve** Member #00
Wake is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 09-13-2011, 03:12 PM   #1292
Super_OK_S13
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (0)
Super_OK_S13 has much to be proud ofSuper_OK_S13 has much to be proud ofSuper_OK_S13 has much to be proud ofSuper_OK_S13 has much to be proud ofSuper_OK_S13 has much to be proud ofSuper_OK_S13 has much to be proud ofSuper_OK_S13 has much to be proud ofSuper_OK_S13 has much to be proud ofSuper_OK_S13 has much to be proud ofSuper_OK_S13 has much to be proud ofSuper_OK_S13 has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
@username- the car came out real nice. but i can't tell if its blue or purple. i don't think the purplish silver two-tone was an option in the US. just as a solid color like this. but this one seems darker than yours.

Found this on the s-chassis easter egg hunt 1st page.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yuri View Post
This color was offered in the US only in 1989. In Japan it was offered on the Silvia as a two-tone scheme, and was still offered on the SR-powered S13's.
but either way your car is clean!

i'd like to repaint the top half of my car the purplish silver color but can't find the code on the OEM paint charts posted. guess i'll keep looking.

EDIT: OK i was typing as you guys posted.
Super_OK_S13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2011, 03:17 PM   #1293
soreballz
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (22)
soreballz is close to perfectionsoreballz is close to perfectionsoreballz is close to perfectionsoreballz is close to perfectionsoreballz is close to perfectionsoreballz is close to perfectionsoreballz is close to perfectionsoreballz is close to perfectionsoreballz is close to perfectionsoreballz is close to perfectionsoreballz is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 22 reviews
Send a message via AIM to soreballz
Quote:
Originally Posted by WakeBHR View Post
I took too long, thanks Soreballz

There is no lavender frost 2tone.
His is misty blue/gray. The purple ones you have seen are photo shopped or custom.
3 things: 1, you're welcome. 2, lavender frost two-tones were an option, but only in the motherland. 3, platinum blue. Misty blue is a chuki color.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tek18b_jimmy View Post
@username- the car came out real nice. but i can't tell if its blue or purple. i don't think the purplish silver two-tone was an option in the US. just as a solid color like this. but this one seems darker than yours.
See the two posts above. The color code for lavender frost metallic is LG1. It's on the color charts. Perhaps you need to have your eyes examined.
Last time I checked this is a Zilvia not a fucking group session to deal with self-esteem issues where everyone is a winner and cares about you, your individuality and lack of taste.
soreballz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2011, 03:18 PM   #1294
Super_OK_S13
Zilvia Junkie

Super_OK_S13 has much to be proud ofSuper_OK_S13 has much to be proud ofSuper_OK_S13 has much to be proud ofSuper_OK_S13 has much to be proud ofSuper_OK_S13 has much to be proud ofSuper_OK_S13 has much to be proud ofSuper_OK_S13 has much to be proud ofSuper_OK_S13 has much to be proud ofSuper_OK_S13 has much to be proud ofSuper_OK_S13 has much to be proud ofSuper_OK_S13 has much to be proud of
ok guys thanks!!

i know this is a model but this must be the color of the two-tone, and i'm guessing that its gonna be a little different than the real thing but this is pretty close to the photo shops.

Old 09-13-2011, 03:23 PM   #1295
soreballz
Post Whore!

soreballz is close to perfectionsoreballz is close to perfectionsoreballz is close to perfectionsoreballz is close to perfectionsoreballz is close to perfectionsoreballz is close to perfectionsoreballz is close to perfectionsoreballz is close to perfectionsoreballz is close to perfectionsoreballz is close to perfectionsoreballz is close to perfection
It's been the most commonly posted color in the thread. Is it really that hard to figure out?
Last time I checked this is a Zilvia not a fucking group session to deal with self-esteem issues where everyone is a winner and cares about you, your individuality and lack of taste.
Old 09-13-2011, 03:27 PM   #1296
username
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (5)
username is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Its platinum blue metallic
username is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2011, 03:34 PM   #1297
Super_OK_S13
Zilvia Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by soreballz View Post
It's been the most commonly posted color in the thread. Is it really that hard to figure out?
i saw the charts and that its LG1. it just looks like in every picture the color is a little different from lighting. and i was getting confused since people kept photo shopping colors in. has anyone seen a Lavender Frost two-tone. i'll keep searching but maybe someone elses already has a picture of one... i'll check the Definitive paint thread first though.
Old 09-13-2011, 04:14 PM   #1298
slowvia
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (3)
slowvia is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
So this may be a stupid question, but Ive never actually seen a factory two tone in person; does the two tone continue into the door jams? I plan on painting my car the blue/silver and was thinking of continuing the color combo into the door jams, and possibly painting the dividing black line on instead of using tape.
slowvia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2011, 04:31 PM   #1299
soreballz
Post Whore!

^Mine does.
Old 09-13-2011, 08:42 PM   #1300
s14fbs
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (11)
s14fbs is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 11 reviews
Send a message via AIM to s14fbs
Quote:
Originally Posted by username View Post
They're just 03 cobra reps. 17x9 front 17x10.5 rear

As for the color i just asked for oem color redone. Might look a little wierd from cell pics. Havent had time to get good ones.

Need to fix the fitment on the front bumper and lip a little bit but other than that im extremely happy with how the car turned out. Heres a few more shitty cell pics

dang are those wheels custom ?
s14fbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2011, 09:45 PM   #1301
Houseof1817
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (4)
Houseof1817 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
To S14Fbs, they look like Kei Office to me. Maybe they have been widened or something.
Houseof1817 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2011, 09:51 PM   #1302
s14fbs
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (11)
s14fbs is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 11 reviews
Send a message via AIM to s14fbs
Quote:
Originally Posted by Houseof1817 View Post
To S14Fbs, they look like Kei Office to me. Maybe they have been widened or something.
im pretty sure there cs321 reps
s14fbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2011, 09:51 PM   #1303
nisco
Zilvia Junkie

nisco is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by username View Post
They're just 03 cobra reps. 17x9 front 17x10.5 rear
Quote:
Originally Posted by s14fbs View Post
dang are those wheels custom ?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Houseof1817 View Post
Am I missing something here?

My old two-tone

Old 09-13-2011, 10:04 PM   #1304
Houseof1817
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (4)
Houseof1817 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
It's ok I brought along my safety glasses!

Houseof1817 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2011, 10:09 PM   #1305
Rafa-Z
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (12)
Rafa-Z is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 12 reviews
My 2tone at adam's a couple weeks ago

Rafa-Z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2011, 10:15 PM   #1306
iHateMySilvia
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (30)
iHateMySilvia is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 30 reviews
what are my chances of finding a clean two tone for sale in southern cali?
iHateMySilvia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2011, 10:20 PM   #1307
Rafa-Z
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (12)
Rafa-Z is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 12 reviews
I just saw one yesterday in lemon grove some chick was driving it 2 tone seafoam green. Just drive up to them it was completely stock too. Usually old people drive them.
Rafa-Z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2011, 11:00 PM   #1308
EhrikETFG
Zilvia Addict

EhrikETFG is an unknown quantity at this point
they are mustang reps on username's car..
EhrikETFG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2011, 09:59 AM   #1309
XxHybridx
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (17)
XxHybridx is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 17 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by all show no go View Post

yes yes yes.
XxHybridx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2011, 01:11 PM   #1310
EhrikETFG
Zilvia Addict

this is my car at 2 am lol my friend took the picture with a 60 second shutter
Old 09-14-2011, 02:00 PM   #1311
Wake
Premium Member

Wake has much to be proud ofWake has much to be proud ofWake has much to be proud ofWake has much to be proud ofWake has much to be proud ofWake has much to be proud ofWake has much to be proud ofWake has much to be proud ofWake has much to be proud ofWake has much to be proud ofWake has much to be proud of
This thread got super confusing.

Do we need to make a comprehensive list for all you noobs?

@soreballz - I have NEVER seen a lavender frost 2tone, but knowing it was a factory option is awesome. Im assuming its gray bottom like most of the others?
I really like the light (pastel) purple non oem 2tone that someone chopped. But I havent seen any other purples that looked decent.
Oh and I should have known that about the misty/platinum blue seeing as I just posted the color list lol.
S.P.P.S. Member #00
Old 09-14-2011, 07:00 PM   #1312
soreballz
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by WakeBHR View Post

@soreballz - I have NEVER seen a lavender frost 2tone, but knowing it was a factory option is awesome. Im assuming its gray bottom like most of the others?
After much Googling... I may have been incorrect. I was just going by what I've read in the past. It's long been said that the purplish silver two-tone is the same as lavender frost. I can't find any pics of an actual car painted that color. Just model cars, such as the one Jimmy posted above...

OH! Come to think of it, Ernie (s13poop) bought a purplish silver two-tone Silvia front end a few years back. It was definitely NOT the same as lavender frost. It looks way closer to platinum blue than lavender frost.

Thus, we can deduce that Japan didn't have lavender frost metallic two-tones.

Mystery solved?

(I'd still like to see a JDM S13/S-chassis color chart. Every one I've seen has been a 240SX chart.

EDIT:
The paint code on this car is 1k4.

It's supposed to be purplish silver, but it sure as hell looks like platinum blue. Jimmy, I'm starting to see why you were so puzzled. lol

I'm stuck in a motel room with shitty tv service for the night, so I'll be trying to get to the bottom of this for the next few hours.
Old 09-14-2011, 07:50 PM   #1313
EhrikETFG
Zilvia Addict

did two tones ever come with sun roofs and full power options like an SE?

mine is the super base model no power anything and 5speed
Old 09-14-2011, 08:05 PM   #1314
nisco
Zilvia Junkie

nisco is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by EhrikETFG View Post
did two tones ever come with sun roofs and full power options like an SE?

mine is the super base model no power anything and 5speed
Yes, my 89 twotone was an XE model, with sunroof, power windows and locks no spoiler.
Old 09-14-2011, 08:16 PM   #1315
EhrikETFG
Zilvia Addict

ah cool, you think they woudl have put the spoiler on too lol. I have never seen another two-tone in person so i was just wondering
Old 09-14-2011, 08:25 PM   #1316
allntrlundrgrnd
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (17)
allntrlundrgrnd is close to perfectionallntrlundrgrnd is close to perfectionallntrlundrgrnd is close to perfectionallntrlundrgrnd is close to perfectionallntrlundrgrnd is close to perfectionallntrlundrgrnd is close to perfectionallntrlundrgrnd is close to perfectionallntrlundrgrnd is close to perfectionallntrlundrgrnd is close to perfectionallntrlundrgrnd is close to perfectionallntrlundrgrnd is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 17 reviews
This page is retarded. Read the fucking posts of the guy who's car it is. He says what kind of wheels they are, good lord.

In any case, I think it looks awesome, Username.

I don't have any fresh pics of my shitter. It hasnt been washed since I bought it. Wish I had everything on my black car on this thing.
allntrlundrgrnd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2011, 08:45 PM   #1317
Super_OK_S13
Zilvia Junkie

guess i'll start another retarded page :/

@soreballz- thats really the only picture aside from the models, thats all the info i see on the net...

ok... this is my silvia front i purchased from JDM EngineZone in NJ and installed in my paps garage 2 years ago in the dead of winter. i just now realized it... it had Purplish silver two-tone fenders bumper and hood. the paint on the bumper/hood was kinda faded and kinda looked like platinm to sorry if this is cluttering the thread.

my fenders definetly look like they have a purple tint to them, and the hood and bumper is definetly a lighter bluish color.

heres some outside pics.

now my car is White/grey two-tone, which i also believe is a "Silvia only" two-tone scheme...

Old 09-14-2011, 10:10 PM   #1318
slowvia
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (3)
slowvia is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by soreballz View Post
^Mine does.
Does the black tape continue in the jambs too? Could you possibly post a picture?
slowvia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2011, 10:36 PM   #1319
soreballz
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by slowvia View Post
Does the black tape continue in the jambs too? Could you possibly post a picture?
Pardon the shitty pic. It's 11:30 and all I had was a maglite with dying batteries.
Old 09-14-2011, 11:33 PM   #1320
Wake
Premium Member

Ok you guys are all confusing the platinum blue with something purple. Looking at pics doesnt help, but that model is also supposed to be platinum blue.

If someone got the original JDM brochures they should have all the color options. I plan on having Ki_JDM_ds find me some but I cant justify spending the money until my car is on the road.
This is one page of a zenki silvia brochure. But doesnt shed anymore light on the situation.
S.P.P.S. Member #00