Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > Marketplace > Group Buys

Group Buys Dedicated Forum for Group Buys.

Closed Thread

Old 08-28-2007, 04:46 PM   #1
ForcedPerformance

Trader Rating: (0)
ForcedPerformance is on a distinguished road
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Forced Performance Nissan SR20 20g Turbocharger Group Buy!

Hello Nissan Enthusiasts!

Let me begin by introducing our company to everyone. Forced Performance has been around since 1996 beginning mainly with turbo DSM's. Since then the company has grown extensively and we are looking to continue our growth by offering better products to the turbo Nissan world. We were the Largest Mitsubishi Turbocharger Distributor in North America for 2006 and hope to be again for 2007. Our new Nissan TD06SL2 20g turbocharger is part of that plan!

We would like to offer a group buy on our new Nissan SR20 20g turbocharger. Our Nissan SR20 TD06SL2 20G with 8cm2 turbine housings give an enormous increase in flow with 650cfm of airflow. The larger TD06SL2 turbine wheel eliminates the typical back pressure problems associated with smaller turbos and really lets your motor exhale.

The MHI 20G compressor wheel is one of the most popular for 2.0-2.5 liter engines that focus on maximum street car performance, but it is also capable of running as much as 30psi when higher octane fuel is used to avoid detonation.

Our Nissan 20g turbos are built in house at Forced Performance, so you know you are getting a turbo that you can count on to run hard without failure.

The wastegate actuator is preset to 1bar (14.5psi) so wastegate flapper blow open in the upper RPM is virtually eliminated.
Included with the turbocharger is a complete turbo gasket set at no additional cost! Everyone likes something for free!

Now for the pricing details, we would like to offer this turbocharger at the group buy price of $899 plus shipping.

To participate in this Group Buy, please call or email. Amber will be administrating the Group Buy.
Phone: 972-984-1800 ext 100 (Ambers Ext)
Email: [email protected]

An email with your name, address, 2 telephone numbers and a declaration that you are prepared to order and pay for the turbo will hold a spot for you in the GB until Amber can follow up with you to collect your CC info.

Now for some pictures!

Last edited by ForcedPerformance; 09-02-2007 at 12:11 PM..
Sponsored Links
Old 08-28-2007, 08:31 PM   #2
mashloh
Leaky Injector

mashloh is a jewel in the roughmashloh is a jewel in the roughmashloh is a jewel in the roughmashloh is a jewel in the roughmashloh is a jewel in the roughmashloh is a jewel in the roughmashloh is a jewel in the roughmashloh is a jewel in the rough
so what rwhp numbers can we expect from this turbo on an sr with the standard support mods? also is it a bolt on replacement for the stock T25? the hole alignments looks like it's closer to T28?

Thanks in advance.
Old 08-29-2007, 03:15 PM   #3
ForcedPerformance

Depending on the dyno and the car you will see 375 to 450whp from this turbo. It is most similar in shape and configuration to the Greddy 20g upgrade for the SR20.
Old 08-31-2007, 10:01 AM   #4
hellion240sx
Zilvia FREAK!

hellion240sx will become famous soon enoughhellion240sx will become famous soon enoughhellion240sx will become famous soon enoughhellion240sx will become famous soon enough
so would you say this is a cheaper option than going the gt2871r? because thats around the power they are capable of iirc. and also is it a direct replacement. do you need another style mani, elbow, dp, new lines, an adapter of some sort, or anything. basically is it bolt off old turbo bolt on new turbo?
Old 08-31-2007, 07:26 PM   #5
Dr. Moreau
Zilvia Member

Dr. Moreau has a spectacular aura aboutDr. Moreau has a spectacular aura aboutDr. Moreau has a spectacular aura aboutDr. Moreau has a spectacular aura aboutDr. Moreau has a spectacular aura aboutDr. Moreau has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via AIM to Dr. Moreau Send a message via MSN to Dr. Moreau Send a message via Yahoo to Dr. Moreau
is the wg actuator adjustable? in case i want the base pressure to be less than 1 bar.

'91 240SX Hatch
Redtop SR since March 2006
Old 09-01-2007, 01:47 PM   #6
Prok0
Zilvia Junkie

Prok0 will become famous soon enoughProk0 will become famous soon enoughProk0 will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to Prok0
Is it Ball Bearing or standard journal bearing?

Also what sort of spool could be expected for an SR with basic supporting mods?
Have you guys put it on any SR cars?
Old 09-01-2007, 02:39 PM   #7
jr_ss
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (35)
jr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 35 reviews
Send a message via AIM to jr_ss
Most people are going to want to run lower PSI than 1 bar, especially if they haven't gotten a tune. From the pictures it looks like the actuator is adjustable, but how low can you adjust it? I'd also like to know spool rates and if it's BB or not. What are the exhaust housing size's are available? I know Mitsu makes an 8cm and a 10cm, with 8cm being closer to .63 and 10cm being closer to .84 a/r's respectfully. Thanks in advance, Glenn.
Old 09-01-2007, 03:40 PM   #8
GSXRJJordan
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (19)
GSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 19 reviews
Send a message via AIM to GSXRJJordan
All great questions... the 20g is a great turbo for our motors, with similar spool to a t3 .60 trim (from what i've seen, definitely boosting before 4000rpm) but with great top end.

So this is a journal bearing t2 flanged .84 AR that we're talking about right?

Jordan Innovations has a new web site!
www.JordanInnovations.com -- All your favorite FD Pro Drifters love it, trust me -- www.JordanInnovations.com
Old 09-02-2007, 01:26 PM   #9
ForcedPerformance

I'll try to answer some of the popular questions.

Actuator - Adjustable yes, but it isn't made to be adjustable to less than 14psi. You see, this turbo is intended for 350-450whp applications. Not low boost 250whp applications. This may not be the best turbo to run if you are limited to very low boost pressure like 10psi. If you must run less than 14psi boost pressure, this turbo is not for you - you need a smaller turbo.

Bolt on? - This turbo is modeled after the Greddy T518Z which was a TD05H 18g turbo for the SR20 engine. So this turbo is a "plus 1" to both sides of that popular Greddy turbo for the S13 S14 SR20 application. Plus 1 on the compressor side since we made ours with MHI 20g wheels and Plus 1 on the turbine side since we made ours with the TD06SL2 turbine wheels instead of the smaller TD05H. So you shouldn't need more than fresh gaskets (included) and perhaps some spare bolts incase you break some taking it apart. This is of course if you are installing it onto the SR20 engine. I'm looking into the oil line compatibility at this time, not 100% sure on that point yet.

Flange and A/R - This is a T2 flange, just like the stock turbo. It is a 8cm housing, which is roughly equivalent to .65 A/R ratio in Garrett terminology. Since this turbo already has the larger TD06SL2 turbine wheel, it's exhaust flow is already greatly increased. Using the larger 10cm housing will result in too great of turbo lag to be considered "streetable". The large TD06SL2 turbine in a 8cm housing is the best blend of response and top end power for the 450whp max of this turbo. Boost threshold is about 3500-4000rpm depending on exhaust size, compression ratio, gear selection etc.

Ball Bearing or Journal bearing - These turbos are floating journal bearing turbos, not BB turbos. This is an important part of making this turbo affordable. BB = $$ and for this type application are not really necessary, this smallish turbo already has good response and spool up due to it's configuration.

Hope that helps.

Boost On!
Old 09-04-2007, 11:11 AM   #10
hellion240sx
Zilvia FREAK!

hellion240sx will become famous soon enoughhellion240sx will become famous soon enoughhellion240sx will become famous soon enoughhellion240sx will become famous soon enough
isn't the BB factor more of a reliability issue? also what psi are you looking at to get to 250-300-350-400-450 psi?
Old 09-04-2007, 01:41 PM   #11
GSXRJJordan
Post Whore!

GSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfection
The Ball bearing is there for increased response and faster spool, more than reliability (although it probably does help the turbo stay in it's prime for longer) - keeping turbos cool (and free of bolts/crap chipping the compressor wheel) is what keeps them alive/reliable

This turbo looks fantastic. I'll have to look into this as a (much) cheaper alternative to the GT3071 later this year.

www.JordanInnovations.com -- All your favorite FD Pro Drifters love it, trust me -- www.JordanInnovations.com
Old 09-12-2007, 04:40 PM   #12
SR20s14Drifter

SR20s14Drifter is an unknown quantity at this point
The oil lines do not match the pitches are different..i have to send mine back since i think its fucked..but they are gonna take care of it...THANKS FP!!

Talked to Robert, cool guy very helpful...i hope to finally get this damn thing up and running.
Old 09-12-2007, 07:18 PM   #13
GSXRJJordan
Post Whore!

That's awesome that they're taking care of you... so one of the oil fittings is M10x1.25 and the other's M10x1.50 or what?

A note for those upgrading turbos - go stainless lines (which I'm sure most do) and CHECK FITTING SPACE/Shape/Thread Pitches. AN->NPT/BPT adapters are versatile/customizable, but it sucks to be in SR20S14Drifter's shoes with a car that's just sitting there because of something as small as a fitting

I WILL be purchasing one of these in the next few months... I've decided

Old 09-13-2007, 08:59 AM   #14
Kouki
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (3)
Kouki has much to be proud ofKouki has much to be proud ofKouki has much to be proud ofKouki has much to be proud ofKouki has much to be proud ofKouki has much to be proud ofKouki has much to be proud ofKouki has much to be proud ofKouki has much to be proud ofKouki has much to be proud ofKouki has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
I have a couple questions. I see that you guys have a manifold for the SR. Is it actually made by you, or is it just sourced out then put you're name on it? Also, what kind of deal can you do on a GT2871R with a .64 a/r?
Old 09-13-2007, 09:29 AM   #15
wazimba
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (1)
wazimba is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by SR20s14Drifter View Post
The oil lines do not match the pitches are different..i have to send mine back since i think its fucked..but they are gonna take care of it...THANKS FP!!

Talked to Robert, cool guy very helpful...i hope to finally get this damn thing up and running.
Thats highly odd i just got the turbo from them too and all the lines from my blown hks turbo bolted on to the FP 20g turbo.if you wanna use the stock lines you can or even the taka lines.
i just dynoed it it and it made 381whp and 353tq at 1.2 bar all this on a pretty stock motor with just cams.it has awesome power cant wait to push 1.7 bar.

THANKS FORCED PERFORMANCE THIS TURBO ROCKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 09-13-2007, 11:19 AM   #16
Aoshi112
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (5)
Aoshi112 is just really niceAoshi112 is just really niceAoshi112 is just really niceAoshi112 is just really niceAoshi112 is just really niceAoshi112 is just really niceAoshi112 is just really niceAoshi112 is just really niceAoshi112 is just really niceAoshi112 is just really nice
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Aoshi112
Quote:
Originally Posted by wazimba View Post
Thats highly odd i just got the turbo from them too and all the lines from my blown hks turbo bolted on to the FP 20g turbo.if you wanna use the stock lines you can or even the taka lines.
i just dynoed it it and it made 381whp and 353tq at 1.2 bar all this on a pretty stock motor with just cams.it has awesome power cant wait to push 1.7 bar.

THANKS FORCED PERFORMANCE THIS TURBO ROCKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
can you post the dyno sheet?
Old 09-13-2007, 07:41 PM   #17
wazimba
Leaky Injector

here you go and the mod list on the car
completely stock sr20det
BC stage 2 cams and injectors.
no springs/no retainers
stock head gasket/studs.
FMIC
Old 09-14-2007, 01:05 PM   #18
hellion240sx
Zilvia FREAK!

wow. no exhaust? intake? upgraded fuel pump or fpr? so that's what 16 psi? sorry not familiar with bar
Old 09-14-2007, 10:44 PM   #19
Dr. Moreau
Zilvia Member

Dr. Moreau has a spectacular aura aboutDr. Moreau has a spectacular aura aboutDr. Moreau has a spectacular aura aboutDr. Moreau has a spectacular aura aboutDr. Moreau has a spectacular aura aboutDr. Moreau has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via AIM to Dr. Moreau Send a message via MSN to Dr. Moreau Send a message via Yahoo to Dr. Moreau
1.2 bar = ~17.4 psi

edgardo i'm pretty sure he has all the basic mods everyone and their grandma does when they swap a sr into an s chassis (exhaust, walbro fuel pump, intake, etc.) what i think he meant by completely stock sr is stock internals.

'91 240SX Hatch
Redtop SR since March 2006
Old 09-14-2007, 11:11 PM   #20
turtl631
Zilvia Addict

turtl631 has a reputation beyond reputeturtl631 has a reputation beyond reputeturtl631 has a reputation beyond reputeturtl631 has a reputation beyond reputeturtl631 has a reputation beyond reputeturtl631 has a reputation beyond reputeturtl631 has a reputation beyond reputeturtl631 has a reputation beyond reputeturtl631 has a reputation beyond reputeturtl631 has a reputation beyond reputeturtl631 has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by wazimba View Post
here you go and the mod list on the car
completely stock sr20det
BC stage 2 cams and injectors.
no springs/no retainers

stock head gasket/studs.
FMIC
I'd watch that, if you're revving close to 8 grand or bouncing off a 2 step or rev limiter, you could have issues. KB240SR on FA had the BC 264 cams with stock valvetrain and it let go after a while of revving to 8k. The lift on the BC cams is pretty high for a 264 duration cam, and stock valve springs aren't up to the task at high rpm.
Old 09-14-2007, 11:18 PM   #21
qt_240
Nissanaholic!

qt_240 is just really niceqt_240 is just really niceqt_240 is just really niceqt_240 is just really niceqt_240 is just really niceqt_240 is just really niceqt_240 is just really niceqt_240 is just really niceqt_240 is just really niceqt_240 is just really nice
W0w! .. i really wish you had this offer just a few months earlier, I recently just Purchased a brand new S15 BB T28.. Is this price for a limited time only? I might be interested in get this turbo anyways for next season. Just PM me your reply.. thankx
Old 09-15-2007, 06:32 AM   #22
GSXRJJordan
Post Whore!

That's fantastic torque for this size turbo. I definitely agree about the valve springs though, the BC cams have some serious lift and you should upgrade to Peak Performance (value) or Tomei/HKS (JDM) springs. God I love seeing smooth dyno graphs like that with gobs or torque on SRs.

I'd love to see someone with stock cams to see how fast we can get it to spool... I'll bet on 20psi it can hit 350 ft-lbs of torque between 4000-4500rpm on the stockers.

Old 09-15-2007, 06:59 AM   #23
DJ_Sunrise
Zilvia FREAK!

DJ_Sunrise is a name known to allDJ_Sunrise is a name known to allDJ_Sunrise is a name known to allDJ_Sunrise is a name known to allDJ_Sunrise is a name known to allDJ_Sunrise is a name known to allDJ_Sunrise is a name known to allDJ_Sunrise is a name known to allDJ_Sunrise is a name known to allDJ_Sunrise is a name known to allDJ_Sunrise is a name known to all
Send a message via AIM to DJ_Sunrise
Wow.. that graph looks nice. I hope these are around in a few months, I have to save up now. Thanks for posting the dyno sheet, you've convinced me to pick one up..

-Bart
Old 09-15-2007, 09:03 PM   #24
wazimba
Leaky Injector

yeah it will get some valve springs and some solid lifters pretty soon just didnt have time to do all that with the event just a couple of days before but when we do ill post up the new dyno graph with at least 1.6-1.7 bar of boost so we can really see how this baby rock and rolls.

ALL HAIL THE 20G!!!!!!!!!
Old 09-15-2007, 09:12 PM   #25
Kouki
Zilvia Addict

Kouki has much to be proud ofKouki has much to be proud ofKouki has much to be proud ofKouki has much to be proud ofKouki has much to be proud ofKouki has much to be proud ofKouki has much to be proud ofKouki has much to be proud ofKouki has much to be proud ofKouki has much to be proud ofKouki has much to be proud of
What size injectors are you running on this setup???
Old 09-15-2007, 11:40 PM   #26
kognition
Premium Member

Trader Rating: (6)
kognition is close to perfectionkognition is close to perfectionkognition is close to perfectionkognition is close to perfectionkognition is close to perfectionkognition is close to perfectionkognition is close to perfectionkognition is close to perfectionkognition is close to perfectionkognition is close to perfectionkognition is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
Yup, you better watch your rpm's with stock springs and retainers. Gonna float something. Impressive graph for sure.
Old 09-16-2007, 09:13 PM   #27
wazimba
Leaky Injector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kouki View Post
What size injectors are you running on this setup???
850cc injectors
Old 09-18-2007, 08:45 PM   #28
ichibans13.5
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (4)
ichibans13.5 has made poor choicesichibans13.5 has made poor choicesichibans13.5 has made poor choicesichibans13.5 has made poor choicesichibans13.5 has made poor choicesichibans13.5 has made poor choices
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
the tdo6 turbo has always impressed me for a 20 year old mitsubishi truck turbo- anychance of making the evo 8/9 green turbo for nissans with the td05 housing?
Old 09-18-2007, 09:51 PM   #29
808DRFTR
Zilvia Member

808DRFTR is an unknown quantity at this point
how long will these prices last?
Old 09-19-2007, 04:59 PM   #30
SR20s14Drifter

SR20s14Drifter is an unknown quantity at this point
He did not took care of me. I call him the day i Installed it and told him that my turbo was leaking oil, and he ask me if i had use the OEM oil feed line and i told him Yeah then he check the pitch of the threads and they were different then i told him that i didn't know because it didn't say anything about not using the OEM feed line in the web or in the box. Them he told me that he was going to fix the oil line feed for free because it wasn't my fault. Assuming is for the SR and I didn't find anywhere that say NOT to use the OEM oil feed line. He tells me to ship it back so he can find me a line to work with it. I call him tow days later and he tells me that i had to pay $65.00 for the line after paying for the shipment back out of my pocket. He told me that he was going to take care of me and not leave me in the cold. I told him it wasn't about the money it was about lack of information and telling me he was going to fix it for free and them turn around and charge me. I was the first one to buy a 20G turbo from them.

http://store.forcedperformance.net/m...e=Nissan-Turbo
Closed Thread