Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > Marketplace > Group Buys

Group Buys Dedicated Forum for Group Buys.

Closed Thread

Old 09-20-2007, 09:08 AM   #31
v-empire
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (22)
v-empire is just really nicev-empire is just really nicev-empire is just really nicev-empire is just really nicev-empire is just really nicev-empire is just really nicev-empire is just really nicev-empire is just really nicev-empire is just really nicev-empire is just really nice
Feedback Score: 22 reviews
Send a message via AIM to v-empire
being a fan of the 4g63 and the turbos, i was quite familiar with this model and results. i wanted to try it on my sr20det. looking at the price it is affordable comparing to other options.
i got my hands on one regardless.

the turbo wasnt hard to install at all.

just like any after market parts, intercooler pipings, body kits etc, a bolt-ons in our after market parts language means, ok!, it will work perfectly normal, but there may be a slight chance of modification.

we as simple "basement garage engineers" should be competent enough to put it together, if not i wouldnt recommend touching your car until you are ready.

professionals and other resources are out there if you want pay for install, if you want it done right.

for the DIY people, for the most of you, pretty simple common sense is to double check everything and not assume anything.

when i installed it, i replaced my garrett gt2871 turbo, using the same oil and water braided lines, and aeroquip fittings. all it needed was a banjo AN3 fitting which i figured out in like 2 seconds.
i got the turbo and i checked if it fitted. yes it did, and obviously i made sure the threading was smooth and tight, with some lock sealed/tight to prevent pulling the entire unit out again after the install for leaky problems and what not.

double check everything, and i ran my own "break-in" process for numerous hours cause i wanted to make sure it was healthy before giving it a beating.

no problems there.

great turbo. self street tuned and it pulls harder than my garrett.

i will post dyno charts as soon as i get one done.

Dave
.................................................. ...............................................

i took some pics.

hope it helps, enjoy.

here i had to modifiy the return line because the angle and lenght was too akward because of the steering shaft. could be because of my aftermarket motor mounts and how the motor sits. i dont know but its was so obvious so i fixed it easily for my car. easy common sense.

and that was about it, the intercooler piping was altered a little but no biggie. we as tuner messing with cars should be smart enough to work around it.

Sponsored Links
Old 10-25-2007, 09:27 AM   #32
v-empire
Zilvia Member

v-empire is just really nicev-empire is just really nicev-empire is just really nicev-empire is just really nicev-empire is just really nicev-empire is just really nicev-empire is just really nicev-empire is just really nicev-empire is just really nicev-empire is just really nice
here is yesterday's dyno results.
same setup as before- s14 sr20det, 740 injectors, BC stg2 cams, powerFC, 20G forced performace turbo, MR manifold, Commetic HG and ARP studs, 24psi, stock head, stock bottom end.

now from the black s13 to the r32:
new extended driveshaft.

swapped out
Commetic Head Gasket,
ARP head studs.

soulja boi cranked to 24 psi
race gas
Dyno Jet

440 RWHP
430 TQ

check out the power it picked up from 4k - 4.5k
thats nearly 200 whp & TQ within 1000 RPM from 4k-5k rpm
@4500rpm it has 400 TQ , woooooo!
we are excited.... and we hope the other r32 does the same or better with a built motor.
share your inputs, we need ideas for the ride!
Old 10-25-2007, 01:02 PM   #33
GSXRJJordan
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (19)
GSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 19 reviews
Send a message via AIM to GSXRJJordan
I'm really impressed at the torque you guys are getting... for drift/etc that's a great torque curve, and with some bigger cams I'm sure you'd get another 20hp or so out of the top end for some serious drag.

Turbo looks good

Jordan Innovations has a new web site!
www.JordanInnovations.com -- All your favorite FD Pro Drifters love it, trust me -- www.JordanInnovations.com
Old 10-26-2007, 09:52 AM   #34
scottie
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (11)
scottie is just really nicescottie is just really nicescottie is just really nicescottie is just really nicescottie is just really nicescottie is just really nicescottie is just really nicescottie is just really nicescottie is just really nice
Feedback Score: 11 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by SR20s14Drifter View Post
He did not took care of me. I call him the day i Installed it and told him that my turbo was leaking oil, and he ask me if i had use the OEM oil feed line and i told him Yeah then he check the pitch of the threads and they were different then i told him that i didn't know because it didn't say anything about not using the OEM feed line in the web or in the box. Them he told me that he was going to fix the oil line feed for free because it wasn't my fault. Assuming is for the SR and I didn't find anywhere that say NOT to use the OEM oil feed line. He tells me to ship it back so he can find me a line to work with it. I call him tow days later and he tells me that i had to pay $65.00 for the line after paying for the shipment back out of my pocket. He told me that he was going to take care of me and not leave me in the cold. I told him it wasn't about the money it was about lack of information and telling me he was going to fix it for free and them turn around and charge me. I was the first one to buy a 20G turbo from them.

http://store.forcedperformance.net/m...e=Nissan-Turbo

Dude what else do you expect? You were the one that probably cross threaded the turbo! Again this is why if you dont know what you're doing then take it to a shop. I would have charged you too.
Old 10-28-2007, 12:58 AM   #35
SR20s14Drifter

Trader Rating: (0)
SR20s14Drifter is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by scottie View Post
Dude what else do you expect? You were the one that probably cross threaded the turbo! Again this is why if you dont know what you're doing then take it to a shop. I would have charged you too.
meh..i went with a GT3071R setup from FULL RACE..so you and FP...no need of simpathy from a like yourself..the only reason i went with FP is because my brother has a 1g dsm with their 3052 setup putting 430whp, and he mentioned how great service for him was...anyways, dyno numbers should be in soon.
Old 10-28-2007, 10:38 AM   #36
scottie
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (11)
scottie is just really nicescottie is just really nicescottie is just really nicescottie is just really nicescottie is just really nicescottie is just really nicescottie is just really nicescottie is just really nicescottie is just really nice
Feedback Score: 11 reviews
Quote:
meh..i went with a GT3071R setup from FULL RACE..so you and FP...no need of simpathy from a like yourself..the only reason i went with FP is because my brother has a 1g dsm with their 3052 setup putting 430whp, and he mentioned how great service for him was...anyways, dyno numbers should be in soon.

BFDD. I hope for your sake Geoff included the lines
Old 10-29-2007, 07:53 AM   #37
AntiVtec
Leaky Injector

AntiVtec is an unknown quantity at this point
Yeah FP's customer service blows. I had some issues with the 20g and all i wanted was some help on solving them. I wasnt asking for my money back or free service, or parts and the scumbags ingnore my emails and calls. The one time i got thru they said to send them pics of my problem so they can help. I did, along with like 5 emails and 10 calls over the next 3 weeks and no answer. So last time i deal with them they left me and a few others high and dry. To me FP stands for Fresh Poop!
Old 10-31-2007, 09:17 AM   #38
v-empire
Zilvia Member

i m sorry to hear your experiences with them.
i never had to deal with their tech support or anything.

i got the turbo and installed it with no problems. of course i ve done many different turbo installs, this was as close of a bolt up, for me. may be different for others, or maybe you received a different product. i dont know.

looking at it, it was straight forward.

flanges bolt up, t2 and turbine housing. clock the turbo. hook up the ss braided lines, test fittings, cut to shorten the oil return flange i had, stick a rubber hose in there.
look for piping that bolts up, used s13 gredyy intake flange, ok, s14 hot pipe flange, fits, ok.
cut few silicone hose connectors, move the pipes a little, bolts up. done.

break in, dyno run, at 17ps. 380whp, with a little lag compared to hks GT2835. ran for one month beaten at NOPI Nationals Drift.

next month, pulled the whole motor out, gasket, head stud replaced,installed it onto the skyline r32, dyno at 24 psi, number and range change drastically! perfect. boost lag?? from 3.5k rpm to 4.5k rpm, picked up more than 200 whp and tq, each.

900 dollar turbo, and this baby is going to Irwindale for D1GP ALL STARS.
still trying to blow it up. we are testing the product quality, arent we? best way to test it is on the race track with full throttle and heat, and red lines.

i have no idea how your purchase was a nightmare, but i will share as much as i can, but its really a simple install.

however, i am happy with the results, and i will actually be getting another one for my other SR20det powered s13. for the price and performance, its perfect for my application.
Old 11-03-2007, 01:20 AM   #39
WILDACEX187
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (4)
WILDACEX187 has a reputation beyond reputeWILDACEX187 has a reputation beyond reputeWILDACEX187 has a reputation beyond reputeWILDACEX187 has a reputation beyond reputeWILDACEX187 has a reputation beyond reputeWILDACEX187 has a reputation beyond reputeWILDACEX187 has a reputation beyond reputeWILDACEX187 has a reputation beyond reputeWILDACEX187 has a reputation beyond reputeWILDACEX187 has a reputation beyond reputeWILDACEX187 has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Send a message via AIM to WILDACEX187
is this turbo the size of a t25 or a t28? is the turbo not clocked for a sr already?
Old 11-05-2007, 08:08 AM   #40
v-empire
Zilvia Member

huh?

20G turbo.

you need a professional to install this if you arent sure.
it was a breeze for me. maybe different for you. it bolts right on to my megan racing manifold and dump pipe/o2 housing.

turbo can be clocked by loosening the bolts, and turning the housings.
a t25 or t28 wont make 440 whp and 430 tq @ 5k rpm on 24 lbs of boost.
its impossible for it to be the same size.

it is obviously larger.

i m just stating the experience i had with this turbo. u may call or do more research on it by contacting the original thread starter. i will post more tuning, success or failure as i go along. good luck and happy tuning.
Old 11-05-2007, 05:35 PM   #41
WILDACEX187
Post Whore!

WILDACEX187 has a reputation beyond reputeWILDACEX187 has a reputation beyond reputeWILDACEX187 has a reputation beyond reputeWILDACEX187 has a reputation beyond reputeWILDACEX187 has a reputation beyond reputeWILDACEX187 has a reputation beyond reputeWILDACEX187 has a reputation beyond reputeWILDACEX187 has a reputation beyond reputeWILDACEX187 has a reputation beyond reputeWILDACEX187 has a reputation beyond reputeWILDACEX187 has a reputation beyond repute
yea i emailed them. they said that reclocking is not necessary. thank u gonna start saving for it
Old 11-08-2007, 08:40 AM   #42
vosko
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (1)
vosko is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
what size in MM is the turbine wheel. i want to compare to my current td06
Old 11-08-2007, 09:51 AM   #43
nismo-joe
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (1)
nismo-joe has much to be proud ofnismo-joe has much to be proud ofnismo-joe has much to be proud ofnismo-joe has much to be proud ofnismo-joe has much to be proud ofnismo-joe has much to be proud ofnismo-joe has much to be proud ofnismo-joe has much to be proud ofnismo-joe has much to be proud ofnismo-joe has much to be proud ofnismo-joe has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
so if we sign up now for the turbo, how long are we looking at waiting to get one?
Old 11-10-2007, 02:04 PM   #44
turboboost12004
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (8)
turboboost12004 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
i know im saving up for one, i jus hope its around long enough to get one.....much better that the s15 turbo, and the gtrs..power wise...and that torque is amazing.....lol
Old 11-10-2007, 10:28 PM   #45
WILDACEX187
Post Whore!

s15 is only good up to 300whp. this as u can see is good for alot more
Old 11-11-2007, 09:16 PM   #46
v-empire
Zilvia Member

please contact forced performance for the details.

its my duty to post my experiences up.
my recommendation is that you get your motor ready to handle higher boost as precaution. at lower boost, it may seem 'laggy' compared to gt2871 but the power is easily reached.

when we turned the boost up to 24 psi and up, the spool up was as quick and jumped alot higher and harder comparing to a smaller trim turbo we tested, i want to say a hks gt2340? i have to find the dyno chart.

i will try to get another dyno tune with more motor prep and maybe running it at 27psi. but at this time car runs great and we are not messing with the setup as the car has to be at D1GP World All Stars (rep for Thailand!) for competition and we may redo the motor during completely off season.

good luck.
and happy boosting!
Old 11-12-2007, 01:18 AM   #47
WILDACEX187
Post Whore!

any other zilvia members have experience with this?
Old 11-12-2007, 07:08 PM   #48
Max_PSi
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (10)
Max_PSi will become famous soon enoughMax_PSi will become famous soon enoughMax_PSi will become famous soon enough
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
Quote:
He did not took care of me. I call him the day i Installed it and told him that my turbo was leaking oil, and he ask me if i had use the OEM oil feed line and i told him Yeah then he check the pitch of the threads and they were different then i told him that i didn't know because it didn't say anything about not using the OEM feed line in the web or in the box. Them he told me that he was going to fix the oil line feed for free because it wasn't my fault. Assuming is for the SR and I didn't find anywhere that say NOT to use the OEM oil feed line. He tells me to ship it back so he can find me a line to work with it. I call him tow days later and he tells me that i had to pay $65.00 for the line after paying for the shipment back out of my pocket. He told me that he was going to take care of me and not leave me in the cold. I told him it wasn't about the money it was about lack of information and telling me he was going to fix it for free and them turn around and charge me. I was the first one to buy a 20G turbo from them.

http://store.forcedperformance.net/m...e=Nissan-Turbo

If your turbo itself is leaking, then it sounds to me like you need an inline oil restrictor. Phase2 sells them. Some turbo applications require this. If you feed too much oil to the turbo, you'll blow the internal seals. Requiring a re-build.

I suggest that if your gripe with FP is not settled, please take this to the reviews section. Although your feedback is important, it really shouldn't be discussed in their GB.
Old 11-12-2007, 10:18 PM   #49
ichibans13.5
Leaky Injector

ichibans13.5 has made poor choicesichibans13.5 has made poor choicesichibans13.5 has made poor choicesichibans13.5 has made poor choicesichibans13.5 has made poor choicesichibans13.5 has made poor choices
or a turbo will leak if not clocked with the feed on top and drain on bottom.
found this on JUNs website
SPECIAL CIRCUIT MACHINE

JUN Hyper Lemon Silvia is a vehicle which broke the one minute barrier with S tires first as Silvia in the Tsukuba circuit. It put into practice using the parts made from FRP, the weight of a body was reduced, and car weight is dropped to 1098kg. Engine is tuned up to full to the inside. Turbine is TD06SH 20G-10. When boost 1.3km/cm2, Max output 520ps. The front brake caliper was exchanged for 6pot(s) made from ENDLESS, and required braking power is also secured in the circuit. Good time record is carried out also in the circuit of every place.
Old 11-13-2007, 09:18 PM   #50
slideways2004
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (6)
slideways2004 will become famous soon enoughslideways2004 will become famous soon enoughslideways2004 will become famous soon enoughslideways2004 will become famous soon enough
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
Send a message via AIM to slideways2004
how long is this price going to last for?? b/c on the website its listed as $1045. what is the price for us on zilvia??
Old 11-14-2007, 12:40 AM   #51
Jesses240
Leaky Injector

Jesses240 is making a name for him/her selfJesses240 is making a name for him/her selfJesses240 is making a name for him/her self
How many slots need to be filled until the GB is over...

I am interested but I don't want to wait.
Old 11-14-2007, 07:00 PM   #52
boyou2
Zilvia Junkie

boyou2 has a spectacular aura aboutboyou2 has a spectacular aura aboutboyou2 has a spectacular aura aboutboyou2 has a spectacular aura aboutboyou2 has a spectacular aura aboutboyou2 has a spectacular aura about
hi there,

here's my personal experience:i'm living in france,and a friend of mine is selling these turbos

i installed this to a friend's sr20det s14,his specs are:

HKS super dragger cat-back exhaust
Biki
750cc
q45 AFM
A'pexi filter
Greddy elbow
Hybrid FMIC
Coppermix clutch
and HKS down pipe
plxr500
and a AVCR

so,as i said,i installed it,and it's quiet a bolt-on turbo,it's a little bigger than a classical t28(approximatly 5mm bigger than a t28),journal bearing,the only thing that you must be carefull,it's about the SS lines(oil and water),because the central part of the turbo is an IHI one,not a Garrett,so it's a special SSlines order you have to do,for the rest,it's like any turbos installation.

For the SSlines,if i can say you what you have to order:1x90° exit plug for water,a 120° is better,a longer water line,'cause the compressor is a bit bigger,so you have more distance to do,1x90° water entry and approximatly 25/30cm long,and 1 size bigger Banjo for oil entry(as i said,it will be better to order SSlines AFTER you receive the turbo )

oh yeah,also,be careful to use a very good quality gasket for the elbow,because,in the 1st page's picture,where the elbow is standing,there's no place enough between the inside and the outside:

it's a very thin part.another point,the oil return which comes with the turbo is not adapted,so i had to use the t28's one,and put it on the td06,with a minor mod',and it was all right.But my friend who sold it,did a feedback to the enginneer's,and they're going to change these negative points

so,now,the result:

a very good efficiency,it spool at 3200rpm,and full boost at 3800rpm,at approximatly 14psi,and it's during since 7k/7.5krpm

we raced together,i was with my old Honda CBR600,and he totally bitted me,from 90km/h to 240km/h,with the stock ignition timing,amazing thing.

some pictures to compare the td06 and the t28(sorry for the quality) :

the only bad thing:

a month later,the actuator of the waste-gate died,but the warranty was here,so,he get a new one a week after.

more than words,some pictures:

NOTE>the 2 last pictures,you can see an SSAutoshit elbow,it was for a test,and was garbaged ^^

so,i hope that my remarks won't be taken as an offense,or something like that,i think it was an objective report of what you have to expect from this turbo and his installation.

see ya,and Bonjour de la France
Old 11-15-2007, 10:14 AM   #53
v-empire
Zilvia Member

thanks. ^^ we swapped out the wastegate actuator the next day for an hks one also..

i spoke to them briefly a week or two ago and i did ask about the pricing and the group buys.

just call them up and they should take care of you with the pricing.

i think its just how many sets they have for the initial runs, probably about 15 or so turbos that's left on their shelves ready to go.. once the whole run is sold out from the shelf, i think the 'group buy' ends...so call them up and tell them Tiger Racing recommended to call.
Old 11-16-2007, 03:52 AM   #54
Muad-Dib

Muad-Dib is an unknown quantity at this point
Hi guys,
I'm boyou2's friend , it's my turbo on photo.
I blown the second actuator in 60km again.
I'm directly dealing with a guys who speak whith the boss of the factory, he says that actuator's diaphragm are made by dupont. He don't understand why they break, he will cut my old one to do an autopsy.
Do you now if HKS t28 actuator are bolt on?
Old 11-16-2007, 10:25 PM   #55
WILDACEX187
Post Whore!

try bolting on the actuator from the turbo in the pix. if that fits then the hks will.
Old 11-17-2007, 01:23 PM   #56
boyou2
Zilvia Junkie

boyou2 has a spectacular aura aboutboyou2 has a spectacular aura aboutboyou2 has a spectacular aura aboutboyou2 has a spectacular aura aboutboyou2 has a spectacular aura aboutboyou2 has a spectacular aura about
we ain't gat it yet,it was sold
Old 11-18-2007, 08:31 AM   #57
SuicidnS13
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (27)
SuicidnS13 is on the path to ruinSuicidnS13 is on the path to ruinSuicidnS13 is on the path to ruin
Feedback Score: 27 reviews
Great looking turbo from the sound of things!!!
Old 11-18-2007, 09:06 AM   #58
Papo240

Papo240 is an unknown quantity at this point
20G all the way, 280whp at 11psi

Old 11-19-2007, 01:38 PM   #59
Tearlessj
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (6)
Tearlessj is close to perfectionTearlessj is close to perfectionTearlessj is close to perfectionTearlessj is close to perfectionTearlessj is close to perfectionTearlessj is close to perfectionTearlessj is close to perfectionTearlessj is close to perfectionTearlessj is close to perfectionTearlessj is close to perfectionTearlessj is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
What manifold is that?
Old 11-20-2007, 01:21 PM   #60
turboboost12004
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (8)
turboboost12004 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
if i purchase some taka oil lines then will these work with the turbo?

Replace the hard to work with factory turbo lines on S13 T25 turbo to Earls' steel braided lines. Lines includes coolant in, coolant return, oil in line and aluminum washers. Works for all bottom mounted T25/28 and GT series turbos.Oil LineNew! all Taka oil line now comes with banjo fitting for the block to keep the stock restrictor bolt.

i am wondering if these will work.....sumone please let me know?
http://phase2motorsports.stores.yaho...srt25tuli.html