Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > Marketplace > Group Buys

Group Buys Dedicated Forum for Group Buys.

Closed Thread

Old 11-21-2007, 10:46 AM   #61
boyou2
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (0)
boyou2 has a spectacular aura aboutboyou2 has a spectacular aura aboutboyou2 has a spectacular aura aboutboyou2 has a spectacular aura aboutboyou2 has a spectacular aura aboutboyou2 has a spectacular aura about
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
As i mentionned in my message>NO T25/T28 OR GARRET SS LINES WILL FIT TO THIS TURBO,the central "body" ( ? ) is an IHI style,so it will not work with Garrett's SS lines,it's a specific sizing

i don't how to explain that

banjos gots different size.....

you know what i mean??
Sponsored Links
Old 11-21-2007, 06:29 PM   #62
slideways2004
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (6)
slideways2004 will become famous soon enoughslideways2004 will become famous soon enoughslideways2004 will become famous soon enoughslideways2004 will become famous soon enough
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
Send a message via AIM to slideways2004
Quote:
Originally Posted by Papo240 View Post
20G all the way, 280whp at 11psi

is that the greddy kit??
Old 11-26-2007, 01:48 PM   #63
WILDACEX187
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (4)
WILDACEX187 has a reputation beyond reputeWILDACEX187 has a reputation beyond reputeWILDACEX187 has a reputation beyond reputeWILDACEX187 has a reputation beyond reputeWILDACEX187 has a reputation beyond reputeWILDACEX187 has a reputation beyond reputeWILDACEX187 has a reputation beyond reputeWILDACEX187 has a reputation beyond reputeWILDACEX187 has a reputation beyond reputeWILDACEX187 has a reputation beyond reputeWILDACEX187 has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Send a message via AIM to WILDACEX187
i emailed forced performance about the lines and this is what they said

"I am not sure what size the stock lines are, but here are what the 20g uses:

Water Lines - 14mm x 1.5mm Banjo Bolt
Oil Feed Line - 10mm x 1.25mm Banjo Bolt
Oil Drain - Stock"

can anybody verify t25/28 ss lines fitting on here?
Old 11-30-2007, 08:39 PM   #64
turboboost12004
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (8)
turboboost12004 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
so whats going on with this gb?......so what ss lines can i get that will fit the turbo?
Old 12-04-2007, 11:32 PM   #65
Def
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (16)
Def is close to perfectionDef is close to perfectionDef is close to perfectionDef is close to perfectionDef is close to perfectionDef is close to perfectionDef is close to perfectionDef is close to perfectionDef is close to perfectionDef is close to perfectionDef is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 16 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by WILDACEX187 View Post
i emailed forced performance about the lines and this is what they said

"I am not sure what size the stock lines are, but here are what the 20g uses:

Water Lines - 14mm x 1.5mm Banjo Bolt
Oil Feed Line - 10mm x 1.25mm Banjo Bolt
Oil Drain - Stock"

can anybody verify t25/28 ss lines fitting on here?
The water lines are the same fitting size, but Garrett CHRA's have a 7/16" inverted flare oil feed, so you'll just need a 10mm x 1.25mm to -4(or whatever your oil line is) adapter. The only issue is that most places use that inverted flare fitting as a restrictor, so make sure you still have one that's probably 0.050-0.070" ID for a journal bearing turbo.
Old 12-05-2007, 08:25 PM   #66
turboboost12004
Zilvia Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Def View Post
The water lines are the same fitting size, but Garrett CHRA's have a 7/16" inverted flare oil feed, so you'll just need a 10mm x 1.25mm to -4(or whatever your oil line is) adapter. The only issue is that most places use that inverted flare fitting as a restrictor, so make sure you still have one that's probably 0.050-0.070" ID for a journal bearing turbo.
thanks DEF...thats all i needed to know......lol.....im going to order my x mas gift tommorow!!!!!
Old 12-06-2007, 09:37 PM   #67
turboboost12004
Zilvia Junkie

i got mine today.... their costumer service was awsome......gud price for the turbo
Old 12-07-2007, 03:25 PM   #68
Highboost180SX
Leaky Injector

Highboost180SX is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by turboboost12004 View Post
i got mine today.... their costumer service was awsome......gud price for the turbo

Did you get the groupbuy price?
Old 12-07-2007, 09:20 PM   #69
turboboost12004
Zilvia Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Highboost180SX View Post
Did you get the groupbuy price?
yeah..just mention that u saw it on ZILVIA.NET........
Old 12-08-2007, 01:52 PM   #70
Highboost180SX
Leaky Injector

Highboost180SX is on a distinguished road
Cool

Wicked La!!!
Old 12-09-2007, 12:26 AM   #71
Berzerker
Zilvia Member

Berzerker is a well-known jackass
Does this turbo need to be water cooled and does that HKS acctuator actually fit? I might want to throw it on my ka instead of the s15 t28.....
Old 12-10-2007, 03:03 AM   #72
jspecusa
Premium Member

Trader Rating: (7)
jspecusa is close to perfectionjspecusa is close to perfectionjspecusa is close to perfectionjspecusa is close to perfectionjspecusa is close to perfectionjspecusa is close to perfectionjspecusa is close to perfectionjspecusa is close to perfectionjspecusa is close to perfectionjspecusa is close to perfectionjspecusa is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
Send a message via AIM to jspecusa
great turbo why?
1. last longer then ball bearing turbo
2. can hit higher boost then ball bearing turbo
3. bang for the buck hp
now you just need to make a cast iron manifold for KA to use this turbo and you have a great kit.
cheers,

sam
Old 12-11-2007, 08:52 PM   #73
turboboost12004
Zilvia Junkie

it is oil cooled.....journal bearings....last longer like jspec sed and its has a great potential to unlock the torque and hp on the ka!....cheers mate!...
Old 12-14-2007, 11:21 AM   #74
boyou2
Zilvia Junkie

boyou2 has a spectacular aura aboutboyou2 has a spectacular aura aboutboyou2 has a spectacular aura aboutboyou2 has a spectacular aura aboutboyou2 has a spectacular aura aboutboyou2 has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally Posted by Muad-Dib View Post
Hi guys,
I'm boyou2's friend , it's my turbo on photo.
I blown the second actuator in 60km again.
I'm directly dealing with a guys who speak whith the boss of the factory, he says that actuator's diaphragm are made by dupont. He don't understand why they break, he will cut my old one to do an autopsy.
Do you now if HKS t28 actuator are bolt on?
any answer????
Old 12-14-2007, 10:24 PM   #75
turboboost12004
Zilvia Junkie

yea its a bolt on......
Old 12-17-2007, 12:50 PM   #76
v-empire
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (22)
v-empire is just really nicev-empire is just really nicev-empire is just really nicev-empire is just really nicev-empire is just really nicev-empire is just really nicev-empire is just really nicev-empire is just really nicev-empire is just really nicev-empire is just really nice
Feedback Score: 22 reviews
Send a message via AIM to v-empire
we ran this turbo for the skyline r32 with an sr20det last D1GP in Irwindale event, last month.

Car ran really fast. clocked fastest entry on Sunday's World All Star match, unfortunately, an axle snapped during tandem with JR. Gittin during the tandem battle and it ended up in the wall. not too bad of a fix. will be back with wide body.

i found some pics of the car with the 20G Turbo and "Sam Tiger".

Daijiro Inada loves the power and Sam's crazy entries

see you guys out there.

Old 12-19-2007, 01:40 PM   #77
ForcedPerformance

ForcedPerformance is on a distinguished road
There have been several questions regarding the group buy. This group is still active. You will need to contact myself or our other sales guy Aniel to place your order. Please mention you saw the group buy on this website and you will get the group buy price. To reach us, you can call these numbers:

Amber - 972-984-1800 ext. 100
Aniel - 972-984-1800 ext. 117

There is a bit of misinformation in this thread as the turbo that boyou2 and Papo240 have posted up are not our turbo. Our turbos do not have that blue tag on the front of the compressor housing.

Also, our turbos do not use an IHI bearing housing. Our turbos are a Mitsubishi based turbocharger.

As someone has already posted, you will need to purchase a stainless steel oil feed line as a stock SR20 oil feed line will not work. We sell the oil feed line for this turbo:

Nissan 20g Oil Feed Line

You reuse your 12mm banjo bolt where it fits to the block and you get a new 10mm x 1.25mm to fit our FP Nissan 20g turbocharger. The water lines and oil drain line should all bolt up the same as factory.

If there are any other questions, please feel free to contact Aniel or myself.

Thank you,
Amber
Old 12-19-2007, 08:24 PM   #78
turboboost12004
Zilvia Junkie

thanks amber for the info and clearing this up for us....i should get my oil line after the holidays....since im broke now!!!!!...hahaha
Old 12-20-2007, 07:58 AM   #79
AntiVtec
Leaky Injector

AntiVtec is an unknown quantity at this point
I was one of the first to purchase this turbo from this GB, and the had to install the turbo without any further assistance since you guys at FP left me hanging even after i sent you pics you requested. The water lines are the same fitting size, but only one oem hardline can be reused (the one that goes to the back of the block) but get all ss lines if possible. However, to reuse the oem line first you have to clock the turbo slightly by first drilling a new copressor housing pin hole and clocking so the center cartridge is perfectly vertical as it should be from the manufacturer. The oil feed is 10x1.25 to w/e AN adapt. your using. The t25 oil drain flange can be used but you have to modify the bolt holes and get smaller bolts, plus the tube hits the steering rack so you cut it and make a custom hose. The turbo pulls decent above 16psi, but my freinds car with the 2871r .86 and same tune pulls me by a little: both cars at 18psi and my car is lighter. Peace.
Old 12-20-2007, 03:37 PM   #80
GSXRJJordan
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (19)
GSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 19 reviews
Send a message via AIM to GSXRJJordan
^^^ Normally I'd leave this alone, and I'm sorry that you feel you got "burned" by FP because they didn't hold your hand through what you imagined to be a bolt-on install, but the reasons you gave for this turbo not being perfect are pretty lame.

The info you posted is helpful to anyone, like yourself, that didn't research the swap first. But I have to ask, why would you try to re-use the shitty hardlines anyway?

Lastly, the TD06-20G has WAY more headroom than the .86 2871R - if you and your buddy both have stock intake manifolds and cams, that might be what's limiting you both, but your turbo can do about another 80hp on top of that 2871.

Jordan Innovations has a new web site!
www.JordanInnovations.com -- All your favorite FD Pro Drifters love it, trust me -- www.JordanInnovations.com
Old 12-20-2007, 03:50 PM   #81
ROIDMONKEY
Nissanaholic!

ROIDMONKEY is close to perfectionROIDMONKEY is close to perfectionROIDMONKEY is close to perfectionROIDMONKEY is close to perfectionROIDMONKEY is close to perfectionROIDMONKEY is close to perfectionROIDMONKEY is close to perfectionROIDMONKEY is close to perfectionROIDMONKEY is close to perfectionROIDMONKEY is close to perfectionROIDMONKEY is close to perfection
ok im all sell with this turbo . im calling tomorrow to order it but first i want to make sure i have everything everything i need for my install so we dont get into troubles the day of installation . im ordering the TAKA lines for the SR and the oil feed line from FP , what else do i need to order
Old 12-20-2007, 04:05 PM   #82
GSXRJJordan
Post Whore!

GSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfection
That should do it. You might have to play around with your intake/intercooler piping, because the FP turbo places them a little differently than a t25 or t28. Let us know how it goes, and post pics of the install!

www.JordanInnovations.com -- All your favorite FD Pro Drifters love it, trust me -- www.JordanInnovations.com
Old 12-20-2007, 04:29 PM   #83
ROIDMONKEY
Nissanaholic!

ROIDMONKEY is close to perfectionROIDMONKEY is close to perfectionROIDMONKEY is close to perfectionROIDMONKEY is close to perfectionROIDMONKEY is close to perfectionROIDMONKEY is close to perfectionROIDMONKEY is close to perfectionROIDMONKEY is close to perfectionROIDMONKEY is close to perfectionROIDMONKEY is close to perfectionROIDMONKEY is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by GSXRJJordan View Post
That should do it. You might have to play around with your intake/intercooler piping, because the FP turbo places them a little differently than a t25 or t28. Let us know how it goes, and post pics of the install!
I will post pics bro thanks , Im running a T28 right now making 300whp at 18PSI ( HKS 272 cams,740cc inj, and a Neo afc for now untill my power FC comes back from repair, taking foreever damn japannese )
hoping to be on 380whp with more room on turbo for future engine upgrade
Old 12-20-2007, 04:52 PM   #84
WILDACEX187
Post Whore!

WILDACEX187 has a reputation beyond reputeWILDACEX187 has a reputation beyond reputeWILDACEX187 has a reputation beyond reputeWILDACEX187 has a reputation beyond reputeWILDACEX187 has a reputation beyond reputeWILDACEX187 has a reputation beyond reputeWILDACEX187 has a reputation beyond reputeWILDACEX187 has a reputation beyond reputeWILDACEX187 has a reputation beyond reputeWILDACEX187 has a reputation beyond reputeWILDACEX187 has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to WILDACEX187
should do 400 hp with your mods me thinks
Old 12-20-2007, 04:58 PM   #85
ROIDMONKEY
Nissanaholic!

couldnt wait till tomorrow , just ordered
Old 12-20-2007, 07:49 PM   #86
turboboost12004
Zilvia Junkie

i need a manifold......lol cant wait to install
Old 12-24-2007, 05:10 AM   #87
boyou2
Zilvia Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by turboboost12004 View Post
yea its a bolt on......
thx for the answer

ForcedPerformance,sorry for the misinformation,i thought it was the same turbo,BTW,main points are the same i think(oil and water feed lines,etc)
Old 12-27-2007, 11:30 AM   #88
AntiVtec
Leaky Injector

AntiVtec is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by GSXRJJordan View Post
^^^ Normally I'd leave this alone, and I'm sorry that you feel you got "burned" by FP because they didn't hold your hand through what you imagined to be a bolt-on install, but the reasons you gave for this turbo not being perfect are pretty lame.

The info you posted is helpful to anyone, like yourself, that didn't research the swap first. But I have to ask, why would you try to re-use the shitty hardlines anyway?

Lastly, the TD06-20G has WAY more headroom than the .86 2871R - if you and your buddy both have stock intake manifolds and cams, that might be what's limiting you both, but your turbo can do about another 80hp on top of that 2871.
First of all i did research the install and even spoke with them personally and they told me it was direct bolt on besides the oil line. I am not new to turbo installs and its not impossible to install i just dont like to be lied to: i told them i was short on time and needed something simple. Also having to open and drill into my brand new turbo voids the warranty so thats the only thing i wanted them to take care of, not hold my hand thru the whole thing. They said they would fix after i sent them pics and then ignored me. Once they have your money and number your screwed. Theres another guy they screwed ealier in this post. So dont talk about people like ME when you dont know me. Im sharing my honest experience for others. The turbo might have more headroom than the 2871 but for people on a budget like me and my freind, the 2871 pulls harder. So i dont know who your bangin at FP but dont try to save their rep by making me look like an idiot.
Old 12-27-2007, 12:53 PM   #89
GSXRJJordan
Post Whore!

Hahaha, sadly, not gettin any play from anyone at FP. I don't even own one. But I was thinking this would be a great alternative to a top mount T3 50trim, because it has the same headroom and a much simpler (bottom mount) setup. My hat's off to you AntiVtec for completing the swap and coming back to comment

Old 12-27-2007, 02:18 PM   #90
onefst240
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (2)
onefst240 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Send a message via AIM to onefst240
What inlet pieces would i need to use for the 20g?? intake-turbo and hot pipe-turbo inlet pipes. THanks
Closed Thread