Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > Marketplace > Group Buys

Group Buys Dedicated Forum for Group Buys.

Closed Thread

Old 04-15-2005, 03:34 PM   #121
nutipah

Trader Rating: (0)
nutipah is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
WTF dude. You gotta keep people up on this shit before it gets out of hand. I swear I am gettin to my limits with all these fuckin importers and their shit.
Sponsored Links
Old 04-15-2005, 03:51 PM   #122
nutipah

I knew this shit would go south. When the price is too good to be true it most definitely is. So I get off the phone with Edgar, and this is what he has to say. There was too much money going in and out of paypal so they put a red flag on the money transfer. (why they didn't cover this shit before they took our money, I have no clue) Therefore, the container didn't go out the day it was supposed to, because they folks in Kobe didn't get their loot so they held the container. Why he didn't tell everyone this shit while it was happening, I have no idea. Now it's a week beyond the deadline for the shit to be here, they don't know when they are gonna get the money to Japan; subsequently not knowing when the container is gonna leave. I want to take my business elsewhere and he's telling me he's gonna with hold 25% of my fucking money because of their stupidity and incompetence.

Fuck these mother fuckers and their shit. This is a good way to start out with a business.

All these fucking importers are all fucking themselves with this shady shit. Keep it up and see what happens.
Old 04-15-2005, 05:52 PM   #123
WYT R1CE
Zilvia Junkie

WYT R1CE is making a name for him/her selfWYT R1CE is making a name for him/her self
Send a message via AIM to WYT R1CE
Wow that fuckin sucks, I was just reading up on this thread waiting for some input on how everything is going and now to find this. Hopefully everything turns out for the best. Keep us updated!
Old 04-15-2005, 06:06 PM   #124
s13Dr1ft
Zilvia Addict

s13Dr1ft is just really nices13Dr1ft is just really nices13Dr1ft is just really nices13Dr1ft is just really nices13Dr1ft is just really nices13Dr1ft is just really nices13Dr1ft is just really nices13Dr1ft is just really nices13Dr1ft is just really nices13Dr1ft is just really nice
Send a message via AIM to s13Dr1ft
Hi my name is Eric Dillon, i am the owner of Darkstar Developments.
this hasnt gone south what so ever.
there was a hold put on our account by paypal, this is not our fault.
it also not our fault that the money did not go through, we have no control of that.
once its in paypal's hands its not up to us anymore.
the container is still loaded and sitting in port.
no one has lost there money. or motor.
as Edgar had previously stated to you if we can not get this resolved in a timely manner with paypal then we will pay for it out of pocket.
its not fair that you (the customer) has to wait due to this error.
i do appologize for the inconvenience and a letter has been sent to everyone who ordered a motor explaining what happened.
there will be a lawsuit filed with paypal for the damage they have done.
but as for the restocking fee, it was stated in the group buy that there is a 25% restocking fee for the fact that we now have to pay for the motor that you cancelled on.
thank you for your patience
Darkstar Developments
Old 04-15-2005, 06:34 PM   #125
bcrume
Zilvia Member

bcrume is a well-known jackass
I was gonna order my engine from darkstar but I had the money a day after the group buy closed so it was too late to make an order. Wow, I got lucky. Charging that restocking fee on people that want their money back is shady. I hope this shit ruins your business.
Old 04-15-2005, 06:35 PM   #126
bcrume
Zilvia Member

By the way I got 2 clips from venus auto and they are beautiful.
Old 04-15-2005, 06:43 PM   #127
Edgar
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (13)
Edgar is close to perfectionEdgar is close to perfectionEdgar is close to perfectionEdgar is close to perfectionEdgar is close to perfectionEdgar is close to perfectionEdgar is close to perfectionEdgar is close to perfectionEdgar is close to perfectionEdgar is close to perfectionEdgar is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 13 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Edgar
how is it shady when it says right in the group buy that theres a 25% restocking fee?
and thank you for your support
Old 04-15-2005, 07:17 PM   #128
bim
Leaky Injector

bim is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by s13Dr1ft
Hi my name is Eric Dillon, i am the owner of Darkstar Developments.
this hasnt gone south what so ever.
there was a hold put on our account by paypal, this is not our fault.
it also not our fault that the money did not go through, we have no control of that.
once its in paypal's hands its not up to us anymore.
the container is still loaded and sitting in port.
no one has lost there money. or motor.
as Edgar had previously stated to you if we can not get this resolved in a timely manner with paypal then we will pay for it out of pocket.
its not fair that you (the customer) has to wait due to this error.
i do appologize for the inconvenience and a letter has been sent to everyone who ordered a motor explaining what happened.
there will be a lawsuit filed with paypal for the damage they have done.
but as for the restocking fee, it was stated in the group buy that there is a 25% restocking fee for the fact that we now have to pay for the motor that you cancelled on.
thank you for your patience
Darkstar Developments

Can we get any kind of timeframe for when anything is going to go down?
Old 04-15-2005, 07:30 PM   #129
mjjstang
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (5)
mjjstang is a splendid one to beholdmjjstang is a splendid one to beholdmjjstang is a splendid one to beholdmjjstang is a splendid one to beholdmjjstang is a splendid one to beholdmjjstang is a splendid one to beholdmjjstang is a splendid one to beholdmjjstang is a splendid one to beholdmjjstang is a splendid one to beholdmjjstang is a splendid one to beholdmjjstang is a splendid one to behold
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Send a message via AIM to mjjstang
god i fucking hate paypal, they have taken money out of my account without even letting me know because a buyer complained that it didnt get there, 3 days after he paid, I cant believe paypal is still in business, anyway good luck I hope you sue the shit out of them and win, hopefully I can get on the next GB if you guys have one.

nutipah, your the only dumb mother fucker here, you dont know how it is to import and export shit, its not as easy as going to the local hardware store and buying nuts and bolts, how did they know that paypal is gonna fuck them, your are an ignorant moron as it shows in your post. I have bought and sold hundreds of times over theinternet to overseas, and over the years I have been burned ONCE. taht is it, sure it has taken longer than expected in many cases but dont fucking explode like a little pussy.
Old 04-15-2005, 07:36 PM   #130
bim
Leaky Injector

Quote:
Originally Posted by nutipah
So I get off the phone with Edgar, and this is what he has to say. There was too much money going in and out of paypal so they put a red flag on the money transfer. (why they didn't cover this shit before they took our money, I have no clue) Therefore, the container didn't go out the day it was supposed to, because they folks in Kobe didn't get their loot so they held the container.

This part needs to be explained by s13dr1ft right now. I just got off the phone with paypal, trying to find out if your account was really locked. While they couldnt disclose that information, they did tell me that they WILL NOT lock an account simply because a large amount of money is moving in/out of an account. Most(99%) locks on accounts come from disputes filed by people against scammers.

So if I were you, s13dr1ft, I would elaborate on why this happened, or post a screenshot of the locked account, because this really isnt looking to good. If this goes 30 days without any GOOD explaination or the goods havent shipped, I will be filing a complaint with paypal and notify my CC company. This is not good business practice, especially for "a new company just trying to get their name out to the community". You guys are digging yourself into quite a large hole here that you really need to get yourselves out of. QUICK.

You have until April 28th, I advise you dont take that long.

Dan
Old 04-15-2005, 09:05 PM   #131
bcrume
Zilvia Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by edsxs13
how is it shady when it says right in the group buy that theres a 25% restocking fee?
and thank you for your support
It's not worth wasting my breath to explain this.
Old 04-15-2005, 10:08 PM   #132
nutipah

mjjstang. You don't have money involved in this so you cannot be as passionate about the case. This is the second importer that I'm dealing with about a ghost motor or a bum motor. You like to talk shit hu?. I hope I get to meet you one day.
Old 04-15-2005, 11:47 PM   #133
WILDACEX187
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (4)
WILDACEX187 has a reputation beyond reputeWILDACEX187 has a reputation beyond reputeWILDACEX187 has a reputation beyond reputeWILDACEX187 has a reputation beyond reputeWILDACEX187 has a reputation beyond reputeWILDACEX187 has a reputation beyond reputeWILDACEX187 has a reputation beyond reputeWILDACEX187 has a reputation beyond reputeWILDACEX187 has a reputation beyond reputeWILDACEX187 has a reputation beyond reputeWILDACEX187 has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Send a message via AIM to WILDACEX187
this is not good guys. i've been in contact with jordan on AIM and hes been feeding me some shit about how the container is close to getting into customs, now i hear this. how long are we suppose to way 2 month, 3? this is unacceptable.
Old 04-16-2005, 12:09 AM   #134
420sx
Post Whore!

420sx has a brilliant future420sx has a brilliant future420sx has a brilliant future420sx has a brilliant future420sx has a brilliant future420sx has a brilliant future420sx has a brilliant future420sx has a brilliant future420sx has a brilliant future420sx has a brilliant future420sx has a brilliant future
wow you guys fell for the low price. i have nothing to say besides "you get what u pay for"

otherwise, i hope darkstar racing wont fuck ppl like work tamaguchi did. good luck with your business, i hope u guys do ppl right.....
Old 04-16-2005, 05:48 AM   #135
s14turbosilvia
Zilvia Addict

s14turbosilvia has a little shameless behavior in the past
Send a message via AIM to s14turbosilvia
I do agree that things have been handled poorly. From the second they knew there were paypal problems, the customers should have been notified. Lying and saying the container is getting close to customs and then 3 weeks later having it still be in port in Japan makes people feel like you lied, scammed, etc.
I know darkstar is not scamming. But I also agree that these are very poor business practices. They are not instilling very much confidence in customers by withholding and lying about all of the detailsfrom paypal.
My suggestion to them would be for them to have paypal release all information about their business' account to everybody who has money invested in their group buy. I think that if our motors aren't going to be here anytime soon, that is at the least fair to the customers.

-Ben

Also, I looked over the initial post very closely, and it says nothing about a 25% restocking fee. Where did you mention it?

Last edited by s14turbosilvia; 04-16-2005 at 11:25 AM..
Old 04-16-2005, 12:25 PM   #136
obsolete
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (8)
obsolete is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
yea...there is nothing about a restocking fee. I LOVE GETTING SCREWED
Old 04-16-2005, 12:46 PM   #137
mjjstang
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (5)
mjjstang is a splendid one to beholdmjjstang is a splendid one to beholdmjjstang is a splendid one to beholdmjjstang is a splendid one to beholdmjjstang is a splendid one to beholdmjjstang is a splendid one to beholdmjjstang is a splendid one to beholdmjjstang is a splendid one to beholdmjjstang is a splendid one to beholdmjjstang is a splendid one to beholdmjjstang is a splendid one to behold
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Send a message via AIM to mjjstang
your right I dont have money involved, but hey when I used to bitch about getting screwed on the forums noone cared, except me, so heres a taste of that, but guess what I eventually didnt get screwed, maybe this guy is a ripoff but maybe not and give him a few weeks, although I am not sticking up for the company, just handle it with a little more professionalism,
Old 04-16-2005, 03:09 PM   #138
WILDACEX187
Post Whore!

WILDACEX187 has a reputation beyond reputeWILDACEX187 has a reputation beyond reputeWILDACEX187 has a reputation beyond reputeWILDACEX187 has a reputation beyond reputeWILDACEX187 has a reputation beyond reputeWILDACEX187 has a reputation beyond reputeWILDACEX187 has a reputation beyond reputeWILDACEX187 has a reputation beyond reputeWILDACEX187 has a reputation beyond reputeWILDACEX187 has a reputation beyond reputeWILDACEX187 has a reputation beyond repute
this is true, there is no mention of the 25% restocking fee in the first page
Old 04-16-2005, 03:31 PM   #139
s13Dr1ft
Zilvia Addict

s13Dr1ft is just really nices13Dr1ft is just really nices13Dr1ft is just really nices13Dr1ft is just really nices13Dr1ft is just really nices13Dr1ft is just really nices13Dr1ft is just really nices13Dr1ft is just really nices13Dr1ft is just really nices13Dr1ft is just really nice
After going back and looking you are correct there was no mention here as there should have been,
This should have been posted and wasn’t http://www.groupbuycenter.com/Sale.aspx?id=19421 again this is to no fault of you,
And no were not going to fuck anyone. We wouldn’t have told anyone anything about it being on its way if we knew any different.
April 9th was the estimated day of arrival, we call for an arrival confirmation on that day, they say we have no record of that container being unloaded so i think ok maybe it has’ nt arrived yet.
10th I call back, no arrival,
11th no arrival,
12th a phone call from pay pal letting us know that our account has been held until we an verify numerous things to prove that were not a scam. Among those things are tracking numbers that we have no way of providing due to the fact that the motors are not even in the states to be sent to have a tracking # assigned.
We have more then 40K wrapped up in this container ourselves believe me I want nothing more then to get this handled as much as you do.
We are doing everything we can to do so.
And we will be filing a lawsuit against them for defamation of character,
Obstruction of regular business, loss of business etc...
No we probably won’t be doing anymore group buys after this, unless we can do it without pay pal.
For those that did buy into the group buy we will find a way to make this up to you for your inconvenience, we do understand that this is not your fault and you should not be punished for it.
My sincerest apologies
Eric
Darkstar Developments
Old 04-16-2005, 03:39 PM   #140
s13Dr1ft
Zilvia Addict

Here is the screen shots of our PayPal account on hold.

This shows we have taken every step that we can and are waiting on there reply.

Jordan
Darkstar Developments
Old 04-16-2005, 03:48 PM   #141
WILDACEX187
Post Whore!

ok so now we have to wait how long? make another paypal name and send the money to the shipping company. dunno if this is possible or what not but my ka wont last much longer and i depend on my car heavily. please let us know when we should be expecting the engines here in the states.
Old 04-16-2005, 03:52 PM   #142
bim
Leaky Injector

I appreciate you replying, that alone should help calm some fears of being scammed.

I would just like a little more info on this paypal issue. If you dont want to discuss it on the forum, fine, email me. What exactly did they say. Ive been dealing with paypal for quite some time, and I even called them last night to ask about your situation(as it was described to us), and what they do. They stories just dont match up...(unless you are withholding some information). They said they will never lock someones account due to high amounts of money moving in/out at any rate. There has to be another factor here.

Also any documents you can show us, screenshots, ANYTHING... will help plenty.(just saw your above post, thanks)

And I really hope that you can get the paypal issue sorted out BEFORE bringing them a lawsuit. If it takes a lawsuit to get the transaction through, we wont be seeing our engines for over 6 months.

Dan Illausky
Old 04-16-2005, 04:17 PM   #143
s13Dr1ft
Zilvia Addict

Were going to be paying it out of pocket (which runs us close to bankruptcy), If we dont get it taken care of by next week.

So, i would expect atleast another 45 days for the container to get here.

They put the account on hold becuse they said the amount of money we had coming in was suspicious, We do plan on getting the money our before we file the lawsuit.

So one way or another everyone that ordered an engine will be getting it and we will find a way to make up for your inconvenience.

If you want more info about our Paypal accont Email us becuse were trying to keep that off the board.

Those are the only screen shots i can provide right now.

If anyone wants to get ahold of me, call my cell. 317-985-0623

Thanks,

Jordan
Old 04-16-2005, 04:21 PM   #144
s14turbosilvia
Zilvia Addict

Thank you very much for those screenshots Jordan. I realize you're trying very hard to get this to work for your company and everybody else who is involved. The best suggestion that I can give you is to release EVERYTHING that you can bring up about this situation to your customers. But again, I really appreciate everything that you have provided thus far.
-Ben
Old 04-16-2005, 04:25 PM   #145
s13Dr1ft
Zilvia Addict

We have no problem telling the people who are already bought into this the information, BUT we want them to Email us, People who have nothing to do with this shouldnt have any information right now. Due to our case against Paypal we dont want to gepordize(sp?) anything. So again, please send us an Email and we will let you know.

Jordan
Old 04-16-2005, 04:28 PM   #146
s14turbosilvia
Zilvia Addict

I agree. You could just make an email addressed to all your customers, detailing everything that you know as of now, and keep us updated too. I would like to be updated, at the latest, every 4 days.
-BEN
Old 04-16-2005, 04:32 PM   #147
s13Dr1ft
Zilvia Addict

We have already sent a certified letter to everyone that is in the groupbuy, explaining everything. So everyone be looking out for that as it should be at your house's very soon.

Jordan
Old 04-17-2005, 10:57 AM   #148
NakayamaKiyoshi
Leaky Injector

NakayamaKiyoshi is an unknown quantity at this point
uh oh, i might be out of the country by the time it gets to me =/
Old 04-17-2005, 12:06 PM   #149
s13Dr1ft
Zilvia Addict

Is there anyone that can get it for you?

Also, We have our domain e-mail addy's, until i get all of them set up like. Engine's, cars, etc. You can send any emails to mine and that is

[email protected]

We will not be using JDM_Cars01@yahoo anymore.

Jordan
Darkstar
Old 04-17-2005, 12:45 PM   #150
khoadogg
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (11)
khoadogg is a glorious beacon of lightkhoadogg is a glorious beacon of lightkhoadogg is a glorious beacon of lightkhoadogg is a glorious beacon of lightkhoadogg is a glorious beacon of lightkhoadogg is a glorious beacon of lightkhoadogg is a glorious beacon of lightkhoadogg is a glorious beacon of lightkhoadogg is a glorious beacon of lightkhoadogg is a glorious beacon of lightkhoadogg is a glorious beacon of light
Feedback Score: 11 reviews
Send a message via AIM to khoadogg
bump for a great deal!
Closed Thread