Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat

Chat General Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 09-24-2007, 01:02 PM   #1
tangch
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (1)
tangch is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Audio help plz

Hi, I have question on my head unit and the rear speakers on my 92 hatch.

I searched with "speaker" as my keyword, so yes I searched, but I did not get any result that I needed.

First, my head unit, sony gt310, doesn't turn on when it is hot (weather), but the head unit still have power to eject and put in the cd. After I turn my ac on for around 15-30min, it turns on. I already swapped one from where I purchased it. But after a month, it gave me the same problem again.

Second, I got a pair of the polk/momo 4*6, mmc460, these speaker won't seat properly in either the brackets or the holes where the brackets mounts to. Anyone can post some pictures of your rear speakers setup plz? I really want to put the speakers in.
Here is a link for the speakers:http://www.polkaudio.com/caraudio/pr...ies/mm/mmc460/

I would appreciate any help or posting your set up.
Just reminder, my car is a 92 hatch.
Thanks in advance.
tangch is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 09-24-2007, 08:51 PM   #2
Tops*
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (6)
Tops* is close to perfectionTops* is close to perfectionTops* is close to perfectionTops* is close to perfectionTops* is close to perfectionTops* is close to perfectionTops* is close to perfectionTops* is close to perfectionTops* is close to perfectionTops* is close to perfectionTops* is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
As far as Sony car audio is concerned, I've only heard bad things (Sony home audio/entertainment is amazing on the other hand).
1. When I bought my car, it had a Sony HU installed. It skipped just about every single bump I hit. I installed my old Panasonic HU the next day and it hasn't skipped ever since.
2. My friend's Sony HU fries CD's, just like in a microwave, enough said. I hope your CD's don't turn out the same way.
3. Sony subs have horrible SQL and SPL. They only 'seem' loud cause they can't hit notes clearly creating noise.
If you can go back to the store and exchange it for a different HU, I suggest you doing so. Try finding a more reputable company such as Alpine, Pioneer (Premier), or Panasonic. If you end up keeping your Sony HU and skipping becomes a problem, you can hook up your iPod or even a portable CD player through your AUX input in the back of your HU (you have to buy a separate cable, $20).

As far as your 4x6's, you can get individual speaker enclosures which I'm sure you're already aware of.
http://avantix.dk/catalog/images/udw251s_OS.JPG
If having enclosures just chilling doesn't float your boat, you can go to any hardware store and pick up some 3/4" MDF board and do what you wish with it to mount your speakers in the factory location. You'll most likely have to cut the plactic, board, whatever your factory speakers were mounted to to fit your 4x6's.
Old 09-24-2007, 10:38 PM   #3
tangch
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (1)
tangch is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Thanks for the advice for the sony, wish I heard more about them before I bought it, but it have been couple months since i bought it.
For the rear speakers, I don't want to have enclosures.
I seen these speaker conversion brackets http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/6-Rea...spagenameZWDVW
4*6 to 6.5, any of you guys installed that?
I got the front conversion brackets, they are awesome. Wish I saw those rear conversion b4 I bought the 4*6.
tangch is offline   Reply With Quote