Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat

Chat General Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 01-20-2009, 10:03 PM   #2881
BillWatcher
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (0)
BillWatcher is making a name for him/her selfBillWatcher is making a name for him/her self
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
You wont have to upgrade anything else. I had 4.5 degrees of neg camber to be exact and with 20mm fenders it was pretty flush also a lot of pounding on the inner fender. I have a pretty aggressive stance like you are going for. You should be good with the camber and hammering/wire tuck
Old 01-20-2009, 10:23 PM   #2882
Slammed180
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (1)
Slammed180 is a glorious beacon of lightSlammed180 is a glorious beacon of lightSlammed180 is a glorious beacon of lightSlammed180 is a glorious beacon of lightSlammed180 is a glorious beacon of lightSlammed180 is a glorious beacon of lightSlammed180 is a glorious beacon of lightSlammed180 is a glorious beacon of lightSlammed180 is a glorious beacon of lightSlammed180 is a glorious beacon of lightSlammed180 is a glorious beacon of light
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by BillWatcher View Post
You wont have to upgrade anything else. I had 4.5 degrees of neg camber to be exact and with 20mm fenders it was pretty flush also a lot of pounding on the inner fender. I have a pretty aggressive stance like you are going for. You should be good with the camber and hammering/wire tuck
Awesome, that's all I needed to hear. Thanks guys!
Old 01-20-2009, 11:31 PM   #2883
SlideAlliance
Zilvia Junkie

SlideAlliance has a reputation beyond reputeSlideAlliance has a reputation beyond reputeSlideAlliance has a reputation beyond reputeSlideAlliance has a reputation beyond reputeSlideAlliance has a reputation beyond reputeSlideAlliance has a reputation beyond reputeSlideAlliance has a reputation beyond reputeSlideAlliance has a reputation beyond reputeSlideAlliance has a reputation beyond reputeSlideAlliance has a reputation beyond reputeSlideAlliance has a reputation beyond repute
For everyone who is confused about the collars on the coilovers, these are what we are talking about (blue lock collars on the coilover)

If your coilovers are set on max low and you want them lower, you can screw the spring collars down to the bottom collar. If its still not low enough, start pulling them out. You really only need 1 to lock the threaded part of the coilover in and the spring will sit on top of it. Be careful, if you start pulling collars, make sure your kit is off before you slam it down or else you will be picking up aero off your garage floor

Battle Idol Works 2015
SlideAlliance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2009, 11:51 PM   #2884
dorkidori_s13
ITS LISA'S FAULT!!!

Trader Rating: (41)
dorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 41 reviews
uh...ive always been curious for you guys who start removing your collars to slam your cars...do you actually check your suspension travel after you do this??? cause u know you can actually RUIN your dampers VERY easily if you lower them like you are

Check out my IG for what I'm up to! DORKIDORI INSTAGRAM!!!
dorkidori_s13 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2009, 01:38 AM   #2885
SlideAlliance
Zilvia Junkie

SlideAlliance has a reputation beyond reputeSlideAlliance has a reputation beyond reputeSlideAlliance has a reputation beyond reputeSlideAlliance has a reputation beyond reputeSlideAlliance has a reputation beyond reputeSlideAlliance has a reputation beyond reputeSlideAlliance has a reputation beyond reputeSlideAlliance has a reputation beyond reputeSlideAlliance has a reputation beyond reputeSlideAlliance has a reputation beyond reputeSlideAlliance has a reputation beyond repute
No you can't. Unless you buy Ksports or some other piece of shit coilover with spring rates that are less aggressive than stock......Tein included

Besides, you have three choices, low as shit, set up race wise (technically "right"), or buy Part Shot Max coilovers and get both

TONS of people in japan who are lower than shit and can drive like a motherfucker have no clue what the suspension setup on their car is and they don't care because the shit works

Battle Idol Works 2015
Old 01-21-2009, 01:41 AM   #2886
adrians_s13
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (29)
adrians_s13 is close to perfectionadrians_s13 is close to perfectionadrians_s13 is close to perfectionadrians_s13 is close to perfectionadrians_s13 is close to perfectionadrians_s13 is close to perfectionadrians_s13 is close to perfectionadrians_s13 is close to perfectionadrians_s13 is close to perfectionadrians_s13 is close to perfectionadrians_s13 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 29 reviews
Send a message via AIM to adrians_s13
don't forget the "flip your bracket" mod for getting even lower... that is if your coilovers allow you to
Old 01-21-2009, 02:32 AM   #2887
FaLKoN240
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: (73)
FaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 73 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by adrians_s13 View Post
don't forget the "flip your bracket" mod for getting even lower... that is if your coilovers allow you to
What dat ?

Best way to do business with me? Make your best offer FIRST.
FaLKoN240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2009, 09:01 AM   #2888
Teddy
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (44)
Teddy is close to perfectionTeddy is close to perfectionTeddy is close to perfectionTeddy is close to perfectionTeddy is close to perfectionTeddy is close to perfectionTeddy is close to perfectionTeddy is close to perfectionTeddy is close to perfectionTeddy is close to perfectionTeddy is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 44 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by FaLKoN240 View Post
What dat ?
Turning the bracket (on the coilover) that bolts to your front spindle "upside down" will allow for more lowness.
Old 01-21-2009, 09:18 AM   #2889
FaLKoN240
Super Moderator

FaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by S13Teddy View Post
Turning the bracket (on the coilover) that bolts to your front spindle "upside down" will allow for more lowness.
Anyone ever get brake line binding with this?

Old 01-21-2009, 09:30 AM   #2890
SoSideways
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (4)
SoSideways is close to perfectionSoSideways is close to perfectionSoSideways is close to perfectionSoSideways is close to perfectionSoSideways is close to perfectionSoSideways is close to perfectionSoSideways is close to perfectionSoSideways is close to perfectionSoSideways is close to perfectionSoSideways is close to perfectionSoSideways is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Quote:
Anyone ever get brake line binding with this?
You probably don't want to hook your brake lines up to the brackets if it's upside down...
SoSideways is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2009, 09:34 AM   #2891
FaLKoN240
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by S13Teddy View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoSideways View Post
You probably don't want to hook your brake lines up to the brackets if it's upside down...
I hear conflicting opinions when it comes to brake line mounting necessity.

Old 01-21-2009, 09:39 AM   #2892
sidewayzsx
Leaky Injector

sidewayzsx has a spectacular aura aboutsidewayzsx has a spectacular aura aboutsidewayzsx has a spectacular aura aboutsidewayzsx has a spectacular aura aboutsidewayzsx has a spectacular aura aboutsidewayzsx has a spectacular aura about
are you guys talking about removing those 2 at the end?...
sorry just trying to be sure

sidewayzsx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2009, 09:55 AM   #2893
BLKS13
Zilvia Member

BLKS13 is just really niceBLKS13 is just really niceBLKS13 is just really niceBLKS13 is just really niceBLKS13 is just really niceBLKS13 is just really niceBLKS13 is just really niceBLKS13 is just really niceBLKS13 is just really niceBLKS13 is just really nice
Yes, and just leave one. It seems to have 3 in the picture. Remove 2 and leave the on that the spring sits on and adjust down. Its not that hard guys come on..lol
BLKS13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2009, 10:04 AM   #2894
SlideAlliance
Zilvia Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by sidewayzsx View Post
are you guys talking about removing those 2 at the end?...
sorry just trying to be sure

The one you circled is the one you leave it. The two up above that one are the ones you can take out

OR

Screw down the top two all the way down until they hit the bottom collar (I would try this one first to see if its low enough for you)

My car is "setup" right now but with my BN Kit I drag in a straight light if I drop them all the way down

Battle Idol Works 2015
Old 01-21-2009, 10:08 AM   #2895
SoSideways
Post Whore!

SoSideways is close to perfectionSoSideways is close to perfectionSoSideways is close to perfectionSoSideways is close to perfectionSoSideways is close to perfectionSoSideways is close to perfectionSoSideways is close to perfectionSoSideways is close to perfectionSoSideways is close to perfectionSoSideways is close to perfectionSoSideways is close to perfection
Quote:
I hear conflicting opinions when it comes to brake line mounting necessity.
Just ziptie the brake lines onto the lower bracket somewhere if you can't use the brake line mounting brackets.

That's how it's done on a lot of high end shit too.
Old 01-21-2009, 10:11 AM   #2896
SlideAlliance
Zilvia Junkie

Yep, my KTS dont have a brake line bracket

Battle Idol Works 2015
Old 01-21-2009, 10:18 AM   #2897
Z33dori
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (12)
Z33dori is close to perfectionZ33dori is close to perfectionZ33dori is close to perfectionZ33dori is close to perfectionZ33dori is close to perfectionZ33dori is close to perfectionZ33dori is close to perfectionZ33dori is close to perfectionZ33dori is close to perfectionZ33dori is close to perfectionZ33dori is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 12 reviews
my ksports didn't have line bracket... neither do my pbms

and i have the spindle mount upside down also... no problems
Old 01-21-2009, 11:10 AM   #2898
FaLKoN240
Super Moderator

Quote:
Just ziptie the brake lines onto the lower bracket somewhere if you can't use the brake line mounting brackets.

That's how it's done on a lot of high end shit too.
O ok, my shit isn't even connected anymore, I guess my bracket clip disappeared.

Old 01-21-2009, 02:23 PM   #2899
Gnnr
Post Whore!

Gnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by SlideAlliance View Post
No you can't. Unless you buy Ksports or some other piece of shit coilover with spring rates that are less aggressive than stock......Tein included

Besides, you have three choices, low as shit, set up race wise (technically "right"), or buy Part Shot Max coilovers and get both

TONS of people in japan who are lower than shit and can drive like a motherfucker have no clue what the suspension setup on their car is and they don't care because the shit works

Please stop spreading misinformation.

1. dorkidori was talking about dampers (the shocks, not the springs).

2. Yes, you can ruin them, but these Asian coilovers never post a shock dyno and don't list what brand shock, because its probably garbage anyways.

3. Apparently you know TONS of people in Japan. I'm pretty sure anyone who CARES checks their suspension travel. If they don't care its because (like I said) its probably some garbage shock. Not some Ohlins, or Koni, or Bilstein, or any high end shock brand. And I take it its cheaper and easier to come across those coilovers over there so they're easy to replace.

HowStuffWorks "How Car Suspensions Work"
Old 01-21-2009, 02:47 PM   #2900
Leetheslacker
Zilvia Junkie

Leetheslacker has a reputation beyond reputeLeetheslacker has a reputation beyond reputeLeetheslacker has a reputation beyond reputeLeetheslacker has a reputation beyond reputeLeetheslacker has a reputation beyond reputeLeetheslacker has a reputation beyond reputeLeetheslacker has a reputation beyond reputeLeetheslacker has a reputation beyond reputeLeetheslacker has a reputation beyond reputeLeetheslacker has a reputation beyond reputeLeetheslacker has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gnnr View Post

Please stop spreading misinformation.

1. dorkidori was talking about dampers (the shocks, not the springs).

2. Yes, you can ruin them, but these Asian coilovers never post a shock dyno and don't list what brand shock, because its probably garbage anyways.

3. Apparently you know TONS of people in Japan. I'm pretty sure anyone who CARES checks their suspension travel. If they don't care its because (like I said) its probably some garbage shock. Not some Ohlins, or Koni, or Bilstein, or any high end shock brand. And I take it its cheaper and easier to come across those coilovers over there so they're easy to replace.

HowStuffWorks "How Car Suspensions Work"
what does this have to do with wheel fitment?
Leetheslacker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2009, 02:58 PM   #2901
wyteboichris
Zilvia Member

wyteboichris has a spectacular aura aboutwyteboichris has a spectacular aura aboutwyteboichris has a spectacular aura aboutwyteboichris has a spectacular aura aboutwyteboichris has a spectacular aura aboutwyteboichris has a spectacular aura about
I have never seen Rota Grids in these sizes before...were these special order? If not, I'd love to know where you bought them. Car looks great!

Originally Posted by roksta2s
New set of Rota Grids
18x9.5 +15 all around. Tires are 225/40 F, 245/40 R

This image has been resized. Click this bar to view the full image. The original image is sized 1024x699 and weights 166KB.

Rules:
Old 01-21-2009, 03:03 PM   #2902
Gnnr
Post Whore!

Gnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leetheslacker View Post
what does this have to do with wheel fitment?
Ask SlideAlliance, he's the one who went into that topic direction. But I felt the subsequent misleading post had to be cleared. Back on topic.
Old 01-21-2009, 03:04 PM   #2903
d r i f t swift
Zilvia Junkie

d r i f t swift is a jewel in the roughd r i f t swift is a jewel in the roughd r i f t swift is a jewel in the roughd r i f t swift is a jewel in the roughd r i f t swift is a jewel in the roughd r i f t swift is a jewel in the roughd r i f t swift is a jewel in the roughd r i f t swift is a jewel in the rough
i think i would take out the bottom 2 and leave the top. im sure you know this but the 2 bottom collars are locking collars. VS the one at the top which holds the spring. and the locking collars look to be smaller in diameter compared to the spring collar. i dont know if that would create any problems but yeah i dont know just my 2cents.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlideAlliance View Post
The one you circled is the one you leave it. The two up above that one are the ones you can take out

Old 01-21-2009, 03:09 PM   #2904
SoSideways
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by d r i f t swift View Post
i think i would take out the bottom 2 and leave the top. im sure you know this but the 2 bottom collars are locking collars. VS the one at the top which holds the spring. and the locking collars look to be smaller in diameter compared to the spring collar. i dont know if that would create any problems but yeah i dont know just my 2cents.
The collar that the spring sits on, locks onto the collar just below it, and those 2 create a lock to prevent the collars from free spinning.

Then the collar above the lower bracket locks onto the bracket to prevent the bracket from spinning on the shock body (or the shock body spinning after it's on the car).

If you take 1 collar off, take the 1 off of the top of the lower bracket, and use it on the bottom of the bracket instead.

If you take 2 collars off, leave the collar that the spring sits on, and tighten that all the way up to the lower bracket, and use the 1 collar below the lower bracket to lock everything into place.

You can't just let the coilover body free spin on there, or else you're gonna run into problems left and right with the coilovers.
Old 01-21-2009, 04:29 PM   #2905
d r i f t swift
Zilvia Junkie

d r i f t swift is a jewel in the roughd r i f t swift is a jewel in the roughd r i f t swift is a jewel in the roughd r i f t swift is a jewel in the roughd r i f t swift is a jewel in the roughd r i f t swift is a jewel in the roughd r i f t swift is a jewel in the roughd r i f t swift is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
The collar that the spring sits on, locks onto the collar just below it, and those 2 create a lock to prevent the collars from free spinning.

Then the collar above the lower bracket locks onto the bracket to prevent the bracket from spinning on the shock body (or the shock body spinning after it's on the car).

If you take 1 collar off, take the 1 off of the top of the lower bracket, and use it on the bottom of the bracket instead.

If you take 2 collars off, leave the collar that the spring sits on, and tighten that all the way up to the lower bracket, and use the 1 collar below the lower bracket to lock everything into place.

You can't just let the coilover body free spin on there, or else you're gonna run into problems left and right with the coilovers.
ok just to verify. i understand the whole locking collar thing. haha

i was just saying that if i was going to remove collars and let the spring sit on a collar. i would leave the top one. because its bigger than the locking collars..
Old 01-21-2009, 04:30 PM   #2906
SoSideways
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by d r i f t swift View Post
i was just saying that if i was going to remove collars and let the spring sit on a collar. i would leave the top one. because its bigger than the locking collars..
Yes you have to leave that one, because that one is designed for the spring to sit on it. The other collars are not.
Old 01-21-2009, 05:14 PM   #2907
d r i f t swift
Zilvia Junkie

Quote:
Yes you have to leave that one, because that one is designed for the spring to sit on it. The other collars are not.
so maybe someone should correct that picture above so people wont be all confused and stuff?

anyways heres some random wheel fitment. on my old Z.. 14x7 -42 haha

Old 01-21-2009, 06:06 PM   #2908
SoCal-s130
Nissanaholic!

SoCal-s130 is close to perfectionSoCal-s130 is close to perfectionSoCal-s130 is close to perfectionSoCal-s130 is close to perfectionSoCal-s130 is close to perfectionSoCal-s130 is close to perfectionSoCal-s130 is close to perfectionSoCal-s130 is close to perfectionSoCal-s130 is close to perfectionSoCal-s130 is close to perfectionSoCal-s130 is close to perfection
14x7 -42? I don't know why I can't believe that.
Old 01-21-2009, 06:35 PM   #2909
CAP'NZenki
Leaky Injector

CAP'NZenki has a reputation beyond reputeCAP'NZenki has a reputation beyond reputeCAP'NZenki has a reputation beyond reputeCAP'NZenki has a reputation beyond reputeCAP'NZenki has a reputation beyond reputeCAP'NZenki has a reputation beyond reputeCAP'NZenki has a reputation beyond reputeCAP'NZenki has a reputation beyond reputeCAP'NZenki has a reputation beyond reputeCAP'NZenki has a reputation beyond reputeCAP'NZenki has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to CAP'NZenki
because it isnt true!...i wouldn't hesitate to say those wheels dont even have a negative offset
CAP'NZenki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2009, 06:36 PM   #2910
CrimsonRockett
The Architect.

Trader Rating: (392)
CrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 392 reviews
He might be stacking spacers...

-Jspec-
Instagram/CrimsonRockett
Quote:
Originally Posted by brndck View Post
Generally you can eat my asshole.
CrimsonRockett is offline   Reply With Quote